shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:04 am

Post by shellyc »

Look at that OMGUS right there. Sussing me for sussing you. You haven't been sussing and questioning people, or stating your reads, and to me you seem either apathetic town or scum.

Your posts have done almost nothing in forwarding our discussion, and most of your 10 posts were in the RVS. That's a scummy thing to do in my opinion. I'm not saying that you're 100% scum, but I stand by my vote.
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:18 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Better than you barely posting in the RVS. Yeah okay could be a Timezone thing but what if you wanted to see everyone else post first and then come in so you had a start on where to go? Seems a little sus to me. But anyway not saying you can’t vote me but I’m not voting you just because you voted me. Purely voting you because I feel in my gut that sometime isn’t right with you just seems off
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:26 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 121, shellyc wrote:As the "investigator" you still get attention, you are the one pushing others. That isn't directing the conversation away imo. Also a mafia would not have motivation to investigate, they would rather defend themselves.
Regarding this post here you are being lithe investigator for conversation from me. How do I know you aren’t scum?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Redados »

I am going to ISO and give my thoughts:

ShellyC - The first half of her posts were very observational. She was repeating what other people were saying. However, she is now having more original thoughts and ideas. Shelly is a new player. read?

N0bleNoob - Did some early pushing. Has stopped pushing. read?

MiniMegabyte - Shelly is right that a good chunk of Mini’s posts consist of her saying “I’m new” or “I’m confused”. Now that Shelly and Mini are going back and forth, we’re getting our first real glimpse at Mini, so we’re getting more info. I’m getting defensive-new player vibes from Mini right now, based on her reaction to Shelly’s call out. Mini, if someone calls you out for not contributing a lot of game-advancing content, consider adding more game-advancing content instead of being defensive. There’s still plenty of time to catch up and contribute!

ItalianoVD - He has been active. I think his posting leaves a little bit more to be desired. I’m getting slight scumvibes but nothing concrete.

GeniusGamer - The first half of his posts were fluffy and didn’t say much. Then, Porkens was able to push him to say more. I am glad Porkens did that because we were able to actually get him to talk and contribute. We need to hear more from GeniusGamer!

Micc - Micc is obviously in teaching mode. In the first half of his posts, he was asking questions to teach the reasoning behind his actions. He has a goofy interaction with T-Bone, and then had to explain that interaction. And that’s it! I would like to hear more from Micc on who he thinks we should lynch today and why.

Porkens - Porkens has been pushy and aggressive, and that was great once she used this to get GeniusGamer to open up a little bit. Pretty much all of their posts have been questions. I’ve given my thoughts on this already.

T-Bone - T-Bone has posted a little bit. He is asking questions, teaching, but not much else so far. I am not sure what I want to see from him right now.

VOTE: ItalianoVD
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:44 am

Post by Redados »

In post 176, MiniMegabyte wrote:Better than you barely posting in the RVS. Yeah okay could be a Timezone thing but what if you wanted to see everyone else post first and then come in so you had a start on where to go? Seems a little sus to me.
(I don't know where Shelly is in Asia, I'm going to use Beijing time for simplicity)

The first post by a player (Porkens) in the thread was at 3:23 pm Central Time (4:23am in Beijing). Shelly's first post was at 8pm Central Time (9 am in Beijing). I don't think that's suspicious that she waited until 9 am to post.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:15 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 171, MiniMegabyte wrote:To be honest I have a few reads but I am actually a little lost with what has been discussed in the past few hours but from what I have read I have a couple of reads and one who I think to be scum right now
Would you mind elaborating on those reads?
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:28 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

I will elaborate more tomorrow gotta sleep as have hospital tomorrow will get on when I have a chance
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:38 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

More or less everyone is providing game-advancing content now. Porkens was aggressive in their approach, and got me to speak more. My approach is to look at what people are doing and get a feel for their playing styles. Right now, I’m not getting very scummy vibes from anyone. Then again, there’s still a lot of time remaining in the day phase for me to continue. I’m going to keep looking at the discussion and share my thought later.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:56 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 176, MiniMegabyte wrote:Better than you barely posting in the RVS. Yeah okay could be a Timezone thing but what if you wanted to see everyone else post first and then come in so you had a start on where to go? Seems a little sus to me. But anyway not saying you can’t vote me but I’m not voting you just because you voted me. Purely voting you because I feel in my gut that sometime isn’t right with you just seems off
It really is a timezone thing as Redados pointed out. What makes your gut feel like I'm scum (I'm curious)? Also, in post 121 I was saying that the scum would not have motivation to be the "investigator". You quoted post 121, so are you trying to point out that I'm
not
scum by being the "investigator" or what?
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:17 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 183, shellyc wrote:
In post 176, MiniMegabyte wrote:Better than you barely posting in the RVS. Yeah okay could be a Timezone thing but what if you wanted to see everyone else post first and then come in so you had a start on where to go? Seems a little sus to me. But anyway not saying you can’t vote me but I’m not voting you just because you voted me. Purely voting you because I feel in my gut that sometime isn’t right with you just seems off
It really is a timezone thing as Redados pointed out. What makes your gut feel like I'm scum (I'm curious)? Also, in post 121 I was saying that the scum would not have motivation to be the "investigator". You quoted post 121, so are you trying to point out that I'm
not
scum by being the "investigator" or what?
mafia would not have the motivation to investigate, but what better way to defend yourself as mafia than play the part of the investigatory townsperson?
This is still my rebuttal for that statement, it DOES NOT MATTER the motivations of what a scum would be, smart people would not play like scum so they would not be seen as scum.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:19 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

So far I have no reads for what role a person might have in the game as I am new to it I don't expect to have solid reads for a while.
My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Redados »

In post 185, N0bleNoob wrote: My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
By this logic, how do we find scum if we never accuse anyone of being scum? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:23 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Alright, now that everyone has posted I’ll give my leads up to this point which are subject to change as the day goes on. (Knowing this game, they probably will)

I think T-Bone is town based off his posts and questioning.
I already know I’m town because I am, heh.
I assume Mini is townie again because she is posting like she was last game.
I also assume shellyc is townie
N0bleNoob could be a bit lower, but so far I like his posting.

These people I have no idea about:
I can’t get a read off of Micc. Then again wouldn’t know what I was looking for anyway.
Same with Porkens. Don’t know their meta or tells so wouldn’t know anything about them unless they flip.

These are the people that I am having trouble deciding if it’s scum posting inconsistencies or newbie townie posting inconsistencies:
Genius made some contradictory posts about an interaction between Micc and TBone that stood out to me
Redados idea of not wanting to be on a wagon early in the day

If I had to just guess at who I think is scum, I’d say it’s Redados based on overall posting and listing a reads list on page 2 before everyone posted and being unprompted. almost like a “Look At Me I’m So Town” Wasn’t needed and seemed forced, but that’s just me. Others may see it differently.

As I said all these reads are subject to change as the day progresses. I also want to get more into what the SEs think. Last game I played, all the SEs were town. I’m really hoping it’s like that this game. Even if it’s not I’d still like to get more of the SEs thoughts.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:29 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 178, Redados wrote:ItalianoVD - He has been active. I think his posting leaves a little bit more to be desired. I’m getting slight scumvibes but nothing concrete.
Any particular posts or actions that stand out to you? What are the slight scum vibes?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:31 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 185, N0bleNoob wrote:So far I have no reads for what role a person might have in the game as I am new to it I don't expect to have solid reads for a while.
My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
This is an interesting quote. I can definitely understand the premise, but how else would you find scum unless you pressure players and otherwise accuse?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Redados »

In post 188, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 178, Redados wrote:ItalianoVD - He has been active. I think his posting leaves a little bit more to be desired. I’m getting slight scumvibes but nothing concrete.
Any particular posts or actions that stand out to you? What are the slight scum vibes?
I don't agree with your basis of what looks scummy. I don't think that some of the things you have called out as suspicious are indeed suspicious. This may not be malicious on your part, if you're town.

When other people are aggressive, I either agree with their line of questioning, or it reads very obvious to me as newbie play. Your pushing doesn't make me feel like either of those do. If I continue to feel this way, I'll try to flesh out these ideas more.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:49 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 187, ItalianoVD wrote:I also assume shellyc is townie.
Any particular reasons?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:49 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 190, Redados wrote: I don't agree with your basis of what looks scummy. I don't think that some of the things you have called out as suspicious are indeed suspicious. This may not be malicious on your part, if you're town.
Okay, that’s fair. With that being said, just like you said to N0bleNoob, if we don’t accuse people with pressure and with what we think is scummy then how are we going to catch scum? Whether we agree with it or not it’s what people see or feel.
In post 190, Redados wrote: When other people are aggressive, I either agree with their line of questioning, or it reads very obvious to me as newbie play. Your pushing doesn't make me feel like either of those do.
If I continue to feel this way, I'll try to flesh out these ideas more.
Well you feel that way now, I’d like it if you could flesh out these ideas more now.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:51 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 191, GeniusGamer wrote:
In post 187, ItalianoVD wrote:I also assume shellyc is townie.
Any particular reasons?
Just overall posting and feel of the posts. Like I said though these reads are far from concrete and if I see something that stands out or if someone has a good argument for why my read(s) should change I am open to that analysis. Right now she just feels townie.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Redados »

In post 187, ItalianoVD wrote:If I had to just guess at who I think is scum, I’d say it’s Redados based on overall posting and listing a reads list on page 2 before everyone posted and being unprompted. almost like a “Look At Me I’m So Town” Wasn’t needed and seemed forced, but that’s just me. Others may see it differently.
I am town. I want people to know that I am town.
If I were scum, I would want people to think that I am town.

I want to be open because I have nothing to hide, so I did a reads list early. I'll try to continue to give reads as my thoughts and opinions develop.

It's definitely possible that I'm compensating for my most recent game of mafia (which was several years ago), where I made occasional, one sentence posts, and did not really contribute to the discussion. I ended up replacing out. I want to be active and present and help find the wolves/mafia.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:54 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Had to clear up the quoting in 192.
In post 190, Redados wrote: I don't agree with your basis of what looks scummy. I don't think that some of the things you have called out as suspicious are indeed suspicious. This may not be malicious on your part, if you're town.
Okay, that’s fair. With that being said, just like you said to N0bleNoob, if we don’t accuse people with pressure and with what we think is scummy then how are we going to catch scum? Whether we agree with it or not it’s what people see or feel.
In post 190, Redados wrote: When other people are aggressive, I either agree with their line of questioning, or it reads very obvious to me as newbie play. Your pushing doesn't make me feel like either of those do.
If I continue to feel this way, I'll try to flesh out these ideas more.
Well you feel that way now, I’d like it if you could flesh out these ideas more now.[/quote]
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Redados »

In post 53, ItalianoVD wrote:Who has reads this early?

VOTE: Redados

And why’d you pick out Shelly? Why not N0blenoob or T-Bone?
I thought that you jumped on me a little quick, with little basis in why you jumped on me. You pushed because I wanted to play the game and participate in the game? And how I chose which of the three inactives to vote for?

It's totally fair to push someone, even if it doesn't make 100% logical sense, just to see how they react and gain more information that way. However, these were both relatively innocuous things, and the early reads item seems like something that you are still hung up on, which seems strange to me.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 187, ItalianoVD wrote:I also want to get more into what the SEs think. Last game I played, all the SEs were town. I’m really hoping it’s like that this game. Even if it’s not I’d still like to get more of the SEs thoughts.
I find it a little disturbing that you seem to be putting so much trust in the SEs. For all we know there’s only one that we can trust. Not to mention that being an SE in and of itself makes you no better than a newbie. I think
everybody
should add in their two cents in some way and that
everybody’s
thoughts should be regarded with no basis in prior experience in this site. It doesn’t sound like you’re planning to do that.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Redados »

In post 195, ItalianoVD wrote:Had to clear up the quoting in 192.
I think it's fine to put pressure on people. I think it's fine that you called plays and players out as suspicious. However, there have been multiple times where I disagreed with your basis of suspicion.

Noblenoob said it was scummy to call people scum. I disagree with that. That is separate from what I am describing with you.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Redados »

In post 125, ItalianoVD wrote:The problem I see with having post based reads is that they are not alignment indicative so it’s not a real solid way to read players.
This has already been responded to by others, but this was pretty sketch. We shouldn't do post-based reads? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you are giving feedback that reads should have more opinions on alignment.
In post 126, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 109, GeniusGamer wrote: Either I’m missing something in your argument, or you’re missing something in mine. Everyone is either town or scum. I provided a reason why he would do it as town and a reason why he would do it as scum. I could do that for basically any action that anyone carried out. My approach is to analyze what players do.
It is to understand what they would do in certain situations and why they would do what they have already done.
I get your analysis, but you have no idea what certain players would do in a given situation. Sure you can speculate, but that’s all it is, speculation.
This is the basis of the game. I think your response here was unhelpful.

Those are my thoughts on you for now! It could definitely change.