GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:09 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 199, Redados wrote:
In post 125, ItalianoVD wrote:The problem I see with having post based reads is that they are not alignment indicative so it’s not a real solid way to read players.
In post 126, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 109, GeniusGamer wrote: Either I’m missing something in your argument, or you’re missing something in mine. Everyone is either town or scum. I provided a reason why he would do it as town and a reason why he would do it as scum. I could do that for basically any action that anyone carried out. My approach is to analyze what players do.
It is to understand what they would do in certain situations and why they would do what they have already done.
I get your analysis, but you have no idea what certain players would do in a given situation. Sure you can speculate, but that’s all it is, speculation.
This is the basis of the game. I think your response here was unhelpful.

Those are my thoughts on you for now! It could definitely change.
You’re right. It is the basis of the game. And that fact is my point exactly. I was questioned for determining the reasons why a player would do something. Your comment shows that I made my intentions clear: play the game.
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:35 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

In post 186, Redados wrote:
In post 185, N0bleNoob wrote: My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
By this logic, how do we find scum if we never accuse anyone of being scum? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here
I think at this point in the game it would be very early to think that another person is scum, because of the early stage of the game there can be no built up evidence that supports any ones accusations.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Redados »

In post 201, N0bleNoob wrote:
In post 186, Redados wrote:
In post 185, N0bleNoob wrote: My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
By this logic, how do we find scum if we never accuse anyone of being scum? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here
I think at this point in the game it would be very early to think that another person is scum, because of the early stage of the game there can be no built up evidence that supports any ones accusations.
Okay, I see what you're saying. You're saying "it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same
this early in the game
". Thanks for clarifying.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 184, N0bleNoob wrote:mafia would not have the motivation to investigate, but what better way to defend yourself as mafia than play the part of the investigatory townsperson?
This is still my rebuttal for that statement, it DOES NOT MATTER the motivations of what a scum would be, smart people would not play like scum so they would not be seen as scum.
I like this because what it does is get people thinking about the whole picture and not base your read(s) on only one thing.

For example we don’t know who the scum are. They could both be noobs, they could both be SEs or it could be one experienced and one noob. Putting tells/reads into a cookie cutter is dangerous for town and scum can take advantage of that.
In post 196, Redados wrote: I thought that you jumped on me a little quick, with little basis in why you jumped on me.
In post 196, Redados wrote: You pushed because I wanted to play the game and participate in the game?
That’s not it at all. I pushed on you because of a scumtell that has some history of being done before both on and offsite.
In post 197, GeniusGamer wrote:I find it a little disturbing that you seem to be putting so much trust in the SEs. For all we know there’s only one that we can trust. Not to mention that being an SE in and of itself makes you no better than a newbie. I think
everybody
should add in their two cents in some way and that
everybody’s
thoughts should be regarded with no basis in prior experience in this site. It doesn’t sound like you’re planning to do that.
Well as a newbie, I don’t know some of the things on this site like the SEs do. They know the meta, certain tells and more often than not they are fairly accurate in their town tells. Having town tells can eliminate candidates for scum which in part narrows down the field and helps find the scum easier. I’m not disregarding anyone else’s opinions or thoughts. Maybe I’m giving them too much respect huh?

I’m letting the town in on my thoughts, but I see a couple of you have a problem with it so I may just dial it back.
In post 126, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 109, GeniusGamer wrote: Either I’m missing something in your argument, or you’re missing something in mine. Everyone is either town or scum. I provided a reason why he would do it as town and a reason why he would do it as scum. I could do that for basically any action that anyone carried out. My approach is to analyze what players do.
It is to understand what they would do in certain situations and why they would do what they have already done.
I get your analysis, but you have no idea what certain players would do in a given situation. Sure you can speculate, but that’s all it is, speculation.
After reading it back again, I admit it sounded harsh. My apologies. I kinda tell it like it is so forgive me my responses have sounded this way. I will try to adjust it from now on.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

Does anyone want to ask me questions?
worse than random
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 204, Porkens wrote:Does anyone want to ask me questions?
Who do you think is scum?
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 205, Redados wrote:
Who do you think is scum?
I don’t know. I think everyone who I’ve engaged has done a reasonable job explaining themselves, and I haven’t really been thinking too hard about alignment yet. I’m hoping that when I look back I’ll see some clues.
worse than random
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

Is anyone giving you town vibes? If so, why?
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 207, GeniusGamer wrote:
Is anyone giving you town vibes? If so, why?
I have some some very basic emotional gut reactions but nothing that I can explain rationally.

For example, I
feel
like Micc is playing in a protown way, but of course I
think
he’s just being a good SE.

On the other side of things, my initial reaction to Italiano is suspicion, but intellectually I think his avatar is making me read his tone in a negative way.
worse than random
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Micc »

checking in to say that I'm still around but also that work has been a pain and I won't be able to catch up until later tonight
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 209, Micc wrote:checking in to say that I'm still around but also that work has been a pain and I won't be able to catch up until later tonight
Man, that must suck...
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by shellyc »

@N0blenoob (post 184 / 201): How are we supposed to scumhunt without asking questions and suspecting others? Town's wincon is to eliminate all the scum and would push their scumreads and vote them. Mafia is supposed to seem town, not be town. They do not need to push scum.

Town is supposed to be the proactive side trying to find scum. Without questioning others, even at this early stage, how can we find and vote the mafia? "No evidence". We get evidence from QUESTIONING and INTERACTION.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by shellyc »

Also I was suspecting Minimegabyte for not posting a lot of game-advancing content, and you're defending him now for my "questioning". It's totally possible that you two are partners, keep that in mind.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.4

shellyc(2)
~ (30), (19)

Redados(2)
~ (32), (15)
ItalianoVD(2)
~ (13), (25)
MiniMegabyte(1)
~ (27)
Micc(1)
~ (12)

Not Voting (1): GeniusGamer(32)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-24 16:20:10)
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Redados »

Can someone explain how lynching works? Is it majority by the end of the day, or does it go to No Lynch if we don't get five votes?

Also, it's correct to lynch on the first day, right? Like, statistically?
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 214, Redados wrote:Can someone explain how lynching works? Is it majority by the end of the day, or does it go to No Lynch if we don't get five votes?

I don’t know about whether to vote on the first day
statistically
, and it really depends on the situation. The moment we reach a majority for voting, the day ends. If we don’t reach a majority, nobody is eliminated.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Redados »

Each day is a chance for town to kill, and each night is a chance for mafia to kill. So by not killing, we give up a chance to kill a mafia while letting the mafia get an extra chance to kill town, so that's bad to not lynch, I think.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

Again, it does depend on the situation. Though I do agree that we should eliminate someone this day phase.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by shellyc »

Elimination is the town's only way to get rid of mafia. Mafia will kill town in the night.

It takes 2-3 mislynches for mafia to win (2 mafia v 2 town), and 2 correct lynches for town to win
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:18 am

Post by shellyc »

Not been very active for the last hours, eh?
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:46 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 219, shellyc wrote:Not been very active for the last hours, eh?
Well, yes. For me, it’s 8:45 am right now, and your previous post was at 11:30 pm. But I’m still here.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:23 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 214, Redados wrote:Can someone explain how lynching works? Is it majority by the end of the day, or does it go to No Lynch if we don't get five votes?

Elimination works when someone receives the majority of votes (in this case 5). If we don't reach 5 by deadline, no elimination occurs.

It is always better to eliminate someone than to not eliminate someone, as this is the town's only tool for removing mafia. Even a mislim of town is preferred to nolim.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Redados »

I am not using the V/LA system because it says it only works for three days minimum, but I will be moving tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not sure how often I will be able to be active on here. I will try to check in, but at the the latest I will catch up Sunday night or Monday morning.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:04 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

That’s fine.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Not sure where the activity went, but I’ll be off an on all day.