MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

So I am going to be off and on all day but just quickly the only people I haven’t really got any idea about is Porkens and Micc also Tbone I’m a bit unsure about. Italiano is playing like last game so I’m leaning towards town for them but that could be wrong as I am also new so reads could be off. Shellyc seems from what I have read a little bit in the middle like I thought they were scum but something tells me I’m wrong so I’m not sure everyone else seems pretty okay to me right now
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by shellyc »

Minimegabyte, you seem newbie town for your defense at my suspicion. I'll unvote you for now, you seem to be giving more original thoughts. UNVOTE: MiniMegabyte

What did I post in the middle that makes you scumread me? Suspecting you?
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

I’m gunna do a thing here with reads and whatnot
worse than random
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

I’m gonna unvote for now as I said I’m really not sure about anyone being out right scum... UNVOTE: Shellyc
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:39 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

N0bleNoob has been prodded!
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Micc »

I'm glad there aren't another 10 pages here.

i'll be restarting pretty much from the beginning over the next few hours.

ama

UNVOTE:
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:00 am

Post by T-Bone »

In 10 words or less why are you scum, Micc?
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Micc »

I'm not, although I can see why you'd think that.

do you think that?
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:27 am

Post by N0bleNoob »

Tbone can you elaborate on that question? It does not make much sense to me.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Micc »

initial impressions:

shellyc - I'm a little put off that the majority of shelly's pushes have been about activity, and she somehow hasn't noticed me not being here for like three days? Other pushes such as against minimegabyte for OMGUS and "third vote on a wagon" as a tell straight out of the wiki are indications she's new to forum mafia. leaning town on the effort to make reads even though I don't think there's enough depth towards her reads being accurate.

N0bleNoob - I think that "player is controlling the narrative by making all the pushes" is a thought that comes from newbie scum more often than town. taking the initiative to push porkens is a good thought, but the execution was a little weak, made it feel like not a real push.

MiniMegabyte - in 172 minimegabyte does kinda misrepresent her contributions to the game. I'd say shelly's accusation of "mainly" posting non-game advancing content is more accurate than mini's "2 out of 10". The shelly vote and unvote really does feel like OMGUS. There's not really any other explanation or scumhunting going on there that I see.

ItalianoVD - feels pretty town. the unsureness about SE's in particular feels genuine. also thought his reaction to my push out of RVS was good. 123 is a thought from someone who is legitimately scum hunting.

Redados - didn't really think the italiano push he made was justified, but like the way he's gone about engaging about that read.

GeniusGamer - really not very memorable, even going back now to look at his ISO. I'll have to come back to this later for the sake of finishing this post

Porkens - little suspicious here because I think if porkens was scum his plan would involve coming out firing with the pushes as he has here. I have enough respect for his town game that I'd rather let him find a read and engage from there.

T-Bone - i think the page 3 RVS vote was kinda suspect, and sitting on it until page 10 is even more so. i think even if he's got a scum read on me here he hasn't gone about pursuing it in a town like manor, or done mush else in a town like manor.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Micc »

VOTE: minimegabyte
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:57 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

How come everyone’s gone...?
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:57 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

Or, was for a really long time a few days ago.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:04 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 234, Micc wrote: GeniusGamer - really not very memorable, even going back now to look at his ISO. I'll have to come back to this later for the sake of finishing this post
Lots of people seem to be saying things to that effect. Then again, I’m not playing a very aggressive game.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Micc »

what one read do you have that you are most confident in and why?
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:20 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 239, Micc wrote:what one read do you have that you are most confident in and why?
Of course, my reads will be subject to change as the game goes on. But at this point in the game, I think I’m getting especially scummy vibes from MiniMegabyte. After you walked her through your vote, she stopped posting any sort of game advancing content. Just some comments about her lack of reads, catching up on the discussion, etc. In her post 80, she said that people couldn’t be called lurkers, though she did cast a little suspicion on the people who hadn’t posted earlier. She posted a little about how she was confused or busy, as well as a vague post about having reads. When Shelly voted for her, she responded with what looked like an OMGUS and cast suspicion on Shelly for not posting in the RVS (despite Shelly stating that her time zone prevented her from posting near the game’s beginning). She gave some short reads and unvoted Shelly.

Now, that’s more of an overview of what she did. But the thing is, she didn’t post much game-advancing content. Most of her posts had nothing to do with scumhunting (having a few posts like this is fine if you ask me, but at this point in the game, she needs to be more productive). She voted Porkens, likely to get a reaction, though she didn’t do much else until later. When Shelly called her out, she OMGUS-ed and threw suspicion based on something she “[felt] in [her] gut”, according to post 176.

TL;DR: My strongest read is on MiniMegabyte, who I think is scum because of a lack of game-advancing content. I also need to learn to condense my findings to a reasonable size.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:23 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I’d like to talk about a couple of things that stood out to me in these last couple of pages.
In post 206, Porkens wrote:I don’t know. I think everyone who I’ve engaged has done a reasonable job explaining themselves, and I haven’t really been thinking too hard about alignment yet. I’m hoping that when I look back I’ll see some clues.
From what I’ve seen you haven’t engaged with the whole playerlist.

You’ve interacted with Redados, shellyc and Genius from what I’ve seen. You’ve only interacted with myself and N0bleNoob when prompted. There’s still 3 players you have not interacted with (Mini, Micc, and TBone). The latter part of your quote makes me believe that you are gonna be looking for clues from those you’ve engaged with. Are you going to be engaging with rest of us?
In post 208, Porkens wrote: I have some some very basic emotional gut reactions but nothing that I can explain rationally.

For example, I
feel
like Micc is playing in a protown way, but of course I
think
he’s just being a good SE.

On the other side of things, my initial reaction to Italiano is suspicion, but intellectually I think his avatar is making me read his tone in a negative way.
Genius, this is what I mean by SE experience. You have both Micc and a Porkens gut-reading each other from experience of playing together and also being on this site. So when I say I’d like to hear what the SEs have to say about things, I’m not disregarding anyone else, they just have insight we just don’t have yet and I don’t think there’s any harm in admitting that. I’m also not saying to blindly follow them. I assume they would say the same thing.

And lol @ Porkens. So I should change my avatar and then you’ll feel better about me? :lol:

As far as my reads, they’re pretty much the same, especially since nothing big happened since I last posted my reads. I’d say the slight changes are for Mini, shellyc and Micc. I still would like to give Mini the benefit of the doubt because although I feel a bit more comfortable playing the game I was her two games ago. Even last game I was so frustrated with not knowing stuff I almost voted myself off. Shellyc has just seemed like town with her posting and actions. For Micc to re-evaluate the way he has me thinking town. My last two games scum didn’t do this or if they did it felt fake or forced. I could be wrong, but I’m not feeling that here.

I guess these guys are in my no-elimination group, for now.

Everyone else is pretty much where they were before. I’m actually pretty lost right now and don’t actually know where I’d go. Seems like all the pushes kind of faded out and now we’re all staring at each in awkward silence.

GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 241, ItalianoVD wrote:Everyone else is pretty much where they were before. I’m actually pretty lost right now and don’t actually know where I’d go. Seems like all the pushes kind of faded out and now we’re all staring at each in awkward silence.
I agree. Fortunately, it doesn’t sound like this happens in every newbie game here (this is my first one on the site), but we seem to be at a standstill...
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 240, GeniusGamer wrote:TL;DR: My strongest read is on MiniMegabyte, who I think is scum because of a lack of game-advancing content. I also need to learn to condense my findings to a reasonable size.
Is there a reason you haven't voted this strong scum read you have?

as a general rule the game
will
stall out if there aren't people actively working to push it forward.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 134, Redados wrote:Some reads:

N0bleNoob - Trying to push people to gain information. Has pushed Porkens about pushing, but funnily enough is also doing a lot of pushing. Pushing is good because it’s how we find information.

GeniusGamer - Originally, his posts don’t have a lot of content. He was making light observations but not really saying anything or pushing anyone. He is talking more now, but he is clearly still finding his footing. I’m getting serious “new player” vibes.

Porkens - Still doing a lot of pushing and being aggressive. This feels like a viable day one strategy to get more information out in the open.
In post 142, shellyc wrote:@GeniusGamer (post 136) Ah. I understand now, it's absolutely great to have preliminary reads.

Some reads:
ItalianoVD: Seems pretty active and was pushing GeniusGamer, which is an alright sus at this stage in my opinion, for his wording.
GeniusGamer: Was pushed and defence is average. Sounds like a fellow newbie. He's starting to talk more though. Needs a closer look.
Porkens: Very aggressive and pushing people, which is how we get info. Strongest townread for now.
MiniMegabyte: newbie vibes, kinda on the quiet side, says he's lost, maybe a little scumleaning here not sure.
Redados, Micc and T-Bone, though posting, haven't posted a ton of game-advancing stuff. (though I understand work commitments etc.)
It’s weird how similar these are.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

There are a few other red/Shelly interactions.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

...which stick out
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

Italiano, I was questioning things that stood out to me. If there’s something specific you think I’m ignoring please point it out and I’ll tell you what I think.

Humans have bias, and I think avatars have an effect on reads. How you choose to present yourself is up to you.

Here are some reads:

T-Bone kinda pinged me with his buddy buddy talk with Micc.

Genius not voting is off putting to me because I think scum can be afraid of how their votes will make people read them.

Italiano is a bit inconsistent. First calling post based reads bad and then doing quite. A bit of post based reads.

Shelly has some questionable logic and she and red have a weird synergy going on. Mostly it’s Shelly shadowing red on certain things but there’s a touch of reciprocation. Red has also given some questionable justifications.

Mini mega could be mafia based on the “confused noob” posts but also could be ropebait.

Noble noob has said nothing about mini mega and vise versa, and the “I’m glad someone saw what I was doing there” post felt kinda like unnecessary justification to me.
worse than random
N0bleNoob
N0bleNoob
Townie
N0bleNoob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by N0bleNoob »

I think the votes and unvotes between Shelly and Megabyte are suspect, like, the reasons they have given for voting and unvoting each other a small and to me sound like a made up argument between two scums. Could they be scum and trying to throw us off the scent by making it look like they are against each other? And then of course unvoting each other at the same time almost.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 247, Porkens wrote:Genius not voting is off putting to me because I think scum can be afraid of how their votes will make people read them.
Really? Never heard of that idea.
In post 243, Micc wrote:
In post 240, GeniusGamer wrote:TL;DR: My strongest read is on MiniMegabyte, who I think is scum because of a lack of game-advancing content. I also need to learn to condense my findings to a reasonable size.
Is there a reason you haven't voted this strong scum read you have?

as a general rule the game
will
stall out if there aren't people actively working to push it forward.
To both of you, I wasn’t planning on voting until I was really sure of the scum. Apparently, that’s a bad idea in this game. In light of this...

VOTE: MiniMegabyte