MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 325, Porkens wrote:How do you feel about noble noob?
I have a thought... a really out there thought but what if Micc and noble noob are partners and giving up and that’s why they aren’t posing? As I said a really out there thought but it just crossed my mind. Of course there are probably other reasons as to why they aren’t posting
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.6

Redados(2)
~ (46), (17)

MiniMegabyte(2)
~ (19), (51)
Micc(2)
~ (21), (39)
shellyc(1)
~ (54)
N0bleNoob(1)
~ (37)

Not Voting (1): (27)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-24 16:20:10)
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

I don’t see Micc giving up
worse than random
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 328, Porkens wrote:I don’t see Micc giving up
As I said just a thought
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Italiano can I ask why you see Redados as scum? I may have missed it I would ask noblenoob the same but atm he’s been prodded and hasn’t posted
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:50 am

Post by T-Bone »

Sometimes people don't post for reasons unrelated to the game. Don't get yourself in the habit of analyzing activity on Mafiascum, Minimegabyte. It's a bad habit, and will usually lead people to getting upset, and it will not help you find scum.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:18 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 317, Redados wrote:That's fair. By be aggressive, I don't mean aggressive with your tone. It means take action, don't be afraid to have opinions and thoughts, get some skin into the game. Sorry if that was confusing or contradictory. You should be able to have opinions on players without having an "aggressive playstyle".
Alright, that makes sense. I’m still forming my reads for a few players, namely the ones who aren’t very active and don’t provide much for me to analyze, but I can provide more opinions if that’s what I should do.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:21 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 327, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 1.6

Redados(2)
~ (46), (17)

MiniMegabyte(2)
~ (19), (51)
Micc(2)
~ (21), (39)
shellyc(1)
~ (54)
N0bleNoob(1)
~ (37)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

On an unrelated note, what are those numbers next to each voter’s name in the vote count?
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:22 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

Whoops... accidentally quoted the post... is that bad?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Redados »

In post 320, shellyc wrote:Redados, why did you vote for N0bleNoob out of the 4?
I answered this question in post 296.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:29 am

Post by Redados »

In post 319, shellyc wrote:Redados, you think N0ble, genius and GeniusGamer have been passive, but I'm a SR though not labeled as "passive". Any reason for this?

The thing about Micc is they have been passive and not really making reads, after looking in ISO.
Yeah, my read on you is different from my read on the other three. The other three are laying low by not giving opinions on alignment, whereas you are giving opinions but a lot of it has been rehashing of what other people are saying.

That list was made based on gut after ISOing everyone, it could change.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:51 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

Redados, your post 336, you said that Shelly is mainly reiterating what others said. Going back and ISO-ing, I don’t really see that. Could you point out any instances of this happening?
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

*In your post 336
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:15 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 331, T-Bone wrote:Sometimes people don't post for reasons unrelated to the game. Don't get yourself in the habit of analyzing activity on Mafiascum, Minimegabyte. It's a bad habit, and will usually lead people to getting upset, and it will not help you find scum.
Okay makes sense sorry as I said trough it was just a thought that popped into my head and wanted to sorta just get it out as people want me to start speaking my mind a lot more
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:22 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 339, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 331, T-Bone wrote:Sometimes people don't post for reasons unrelated to the game. Don't get yourself in the habit of analyzing activity on Mafiascum, Minimegabyte. It's a bad habit, and will usually lead people to getting upset, and it will not help you find scum.
Okay makes sense sorry as I said trough it was just a thought that popped into my head and wanted to sorta just get it out as people want me to start speaking my mind a lot more
I don’t think T-Bone meant to say that you should share absolutely
every
thought that comes to mind. And if you really didn’t think that it was very likely, there’s almost no point in sharing it.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:11 am

Post by Redados »

This:
In post 48, shellyc wrote:Incredibly sorry for not posting yet because of my timezone. I'm new to forum mafia and according to what I know this is still a stage of random voting.
So as town we've got to progress from the RVS into actual leads and discussion.
VOTE: T-Bone
for being a silent guy.
is a rehash of this:
In post 43, Redados wrote:Here are my (very) initial reads:

ShellyC - hasn’t posted

T-Bone - hasn’t posted

VOTE: ShellyC because it’s time for everyone to be talking!
She sees someone else voting for inactivity, she votes for inactivity.

This:
In post 101, shellyc wrote:Micc seems to be pocketing T-Bone in post 74.
is a rehash of this:
In post 92, T-Bone wrote:
In post 74, Micc wrote:i just spent an entire post defending your not being here for the last five hours and you vote me

i feel betrayed
Pls don't pocket me. Because it will work. But then I will shame you for it.
She isn't adding anything, she's just repeating something she read.

Our two reads here are the same (edited out other reads for brevity):
In post 134, Redados wrote:Some reads:

GeniusGamer - Originally, his posts don’t have a lot of content. He was making light observations but not really saying anything or pushing anyone. He is talking more now, but he is clearly still finding his footing. I’m getting serious “new player” vibes.

Porkens - Still doing a lot of pushing and being aggressive. This feels like a viable day one strategy to get more information out in the open.
In post 142, shellyc wrote:@GeniusGamer (post 136) Ah. I understand now, it's absolutely great to have preliminary reads.

Some reads:
GeniusGamer: Was pushed and defence is average. Sounds like a fellow newbie. He's starting to talk more though. Needs a closer look.
Porkens: Very aggressive and pushing people, which is how we get info. Strongest townread for now.
This:
In post 211, shellyc wrote:@N0blenoob (post 184 / 201): How are we supposed to scumhunt without asking questions and suspecting others? Town's wincon is to eliminate all the scum and would push their scumreads and vote them. Mafia is supposed to seem town, not be town. They do not need to push scum.

Town is supposed to be the proactive side trying to find scum. Without questioning others, even at this early stage, how can we find and vote the mafia? "No evidence". We get evidence from QUESTIONING and INTERACTION.
is really similar to this:
In post 186, Redados wrote:
In post 185, N0bleNoob wrote: My main suspects for now are those accusing others of being scum, it seems to me a good way to keep yourself from being seen as scum if you accuse others of being the same.
By this logic, how do we find scum if we never accuse anyone of being scum? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say here
Here she hops on a Micc wagon after T-Bone says this:
In post 264, T-Bone wrote:
In post 233, N0bleNoob wrote:Tbone can you elaborate on that question? It does not make much sense to me.
Sorry. That was a little facetious of me. I actually think Micc is mafia right now, and I was just trying to make the awkward transition from RVS vote to serious one.
In post 277, shellyc wrote:Micc is quite scummy to me, they haven't been contributing much as an SE. Also her reads post were SRing almost everyone, which is fairly suspect.

VOTE: Micc
After going through all of Shelly's post, I stand by my initial impression that she was synthesizing and repeating, but I acknowledge that the argument is weak and more something to keep an eye out for/reasoning for my gut reaction rather than being evidence for elimination.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Redados »

Post a full reads list! Make a list that includes all eight players that aren't yourself. Go back through the thread or ISO and give your thoughts on everyone. Tell us how you think they've been playing, what makes you suspicious, what you don't like, who you think is scum, and why.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Porkens »

I’d generally agree but lots of people do try to catch players ignoring a game but posting elsewhere. Depends on the situation I think and probably not reliable but people do it all the time.
In post 333, GeniusGamer wrote:
In post 327, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 1.6

Redados(2)
~ (46), (17)

MiniMegabyte(2)
~ (19), (51)
Micc(2)
~ (21), (39)
shellyc(1)
~ (54)
N0bleNoob(1)
~ (37)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

On an unrelated note, what are those numbers next to each voter’s name in the vote count?
You can quote any post that’s in the game thread itself as far as I know. The number are the posts in which the player voted.
In post 340, GeniusGamer wrote:
every
thought that comes to mind. And if you really didn’t think that it was very likely, there’s almost no point in sharing it.
Typing every thought that you have isn’t necessarily a bad idea though.

@red, no I don’t think it’s that weak. She is definitely sheeping reads, which could very well be a scum player who’s having trouble forming town-like thoughts on the game.
worse than random
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:18 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 340, GeniusGamer wrote:
every
So I want you to share your thoughts.

I also want you to recognize the difference between out of game content and in-game content. We discourage the use of out of game influences on our mafia games. That's why, for example, you're not allowed to talk about this game outside of this thread. You're also not allowed to talk about other games you are in in this thread. We discourage analyzing activity, log in times, timestamps, presence in other threads, etc. for gameplay.

That's not to say that activity is strictly an out of game influence. It's relevant...but only to the game you are playing. So if a player is posting only once every 36 hours, and is doing that in real time, that could be relevant. Noticing that a player is online or offline at any given moment, or because certain things are happening in the thread at certain times, is not.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Redados »

In post 343, Porkens wrote:@red, no I don’t think it’s that weak. She is definitely sheeping reads, which could very well be a scum player who’s having trouble forming town-like thoughts on the game.
Yes and no, because in my head it ended up being a lower percentage of her posts than I remembered it being. She did have plenty of original thoughts.

Also, am I correct that it's also a noob thing to sheep reads too? That seems like something I tried to do in my first game was try to say SOMETHING and I didn't have original thoughts because I was pretty new to the game.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:52 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 330, MiniMegabyte wrote:Italiano can I ask why you see Redados as scum? I may have missed it I would ask noblenoob the same but atm he’s been prodded and hasn’t posted
Initially he posted a readslist on page 2. This was after he had gotten some heat for inviting GeniusGamer in RVS. For me it seemed like he was trying to look town and I even mentioned that it was something that had some history of being done so it wasn’t me just making something up. Then he didn’t care for my push on him but was okay with everyone else pushing others. Voted for me, which I thought was kinda OMGUS, but not as blatant as it was with you and Shellyc. I thought that was a bit contradictory. Then his 180 on me without much reason except gut. I’m usually suspicious of people who do 180s on me regardless of where their they think my alignment leans.

With all that said, while I don’t see a reason to not keep my vote here. I am a little less uneasy about Redados as I was the first half of the game. Not sure, but I may or may not be voting for him the closer it gets to the deadline.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:52 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

unvoting not inviting. Stupid autocorrect :lol:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Oh I forgot. He is reading Shellyc as scum at the moment. From what I have seen he has only done this AFTER he was called out so to speak by Porkens as a potential partner with Shelly. He then goes on to come up with reasons for scumreading her in the exact same way Porkens did it and for the exact same reasons.

He is literally doing the thing he is scum reading Shelly for. Personally I don’t use sheeping as a read indicator especially and more so on Day 1.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Porkens »

You can’t deny that those reads are extremely similar, I think it’s disingenuous to conflate Shelly with red here.
worse than random