word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:15 am

Post by word321 »

I reread miccs iso. But those r not new arguments; u r reiterating what was said on 291, aint ya? Micc has no real activity after that event for days.

Ur activity can be resumed on the following 4 sentences:
1. Textbook Call outs (like too much information, sudden changes of reads with too little information, etc)
2. Helping from a technical point of view (the likes of how to use a quote, that time analysis and the like r generally not indicative cause ppl have a life, etc)
3. The "townslip" from
4. The push on Micc, best explained at

Considering that we r 9 days in, that is a extremely low amount of information. Now, there is a thing with D1, and that is that u can usually make as easily a scum case on someone as u can a towncase, and hunting is more "blind" by the low avaibility of information; some ppl advocate for policy hammers only and whatnots, yada yada.

But theres a lack of general hunting for possible associations; Micc has an extremely low activity compared to other slots, and due to the posts he made and the replacement, I bl it is bc he is simply busy. The reason for the push is not solid either; I dnt know exacctly what he was thinking, but Im under the impression he was actively sorting newbie slots and helping newbie slots get the gist of how to hunt effectively. I also try to help newbie slots, so I can empathize with that if that was the case; from that point of view, it would make sense to go first after newbie slots to see how they react and whatnots.

There is this strategy that can be used by scum: faking actual activity by latching on a single suspect in the game for the day, and advocating for it. It is a way to counter accusations of lurking.

So, I see u on the red side of things. But by all means, change my mind! Go iso some players, make some associations, and whatever u want; unless u r the hammer, u probably still have a day. I dnt care if u continue to develop my slot on anything new; but
Give something else so we can actually sort ur slot, and not just reject it by not having nothing.
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 am

Post by word321 »

Ill review every slot, but for now, im ok parking my vote here, if only for nominal reasons, until I have a full grasp of the board.
VOTE: T-Bone
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:28 am

Post by T-Bone »

I appreciate your willingness to do what your predecessor wasn't, but it doesn't change what he did. Frankly, you're taking the easiest approach possible as a player replacing into a scum slot. I respect it, but I also don't trust it.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:55 am

Post by word321 »

oh, thank u. I just think I needed to rectify Miccs mistakes as scum, after all, and maybe gather some towncred from the rest of the slots. It wasnt particularly easy going through ur ISO and finding reasons to suspect u, tho!

But rly, do try to update ur game a lil bit. As it is going, its rly hard to find ur partner with what we have rn. R u rly that afraid of outting them?
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:01 am

Post by word321 »

come on, dnt be shy. Do u like the interactions btw red and the italian? Are u storing someone for tomorrow or not?
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Okay, so now you've devolved into...baiting? Please don't, this is a newbie game. I'm requesting that SE to SE, regardless of your alignment, or mine.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Sorry for being absent for a while but welcome to the game SJReaver and word321
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 430, T-Bone wrote:Okay, so now you've devolved into...baiting? Please don't, this is a newbie game. I'm requesting that SE to SE, regardless of your alignment, or mine.
You’re making it sound like baiting is so terrible in newbie games specifically that it shouldn’t be done in them. I’m starting to notice a difference between the perception of newbies and SEs. Not to mention that you don’t really decide what tactics other players use...
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Tbone are you saying you are still sr Micc/word321?
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Because to me it seems you aren’t going to be open to any other eliminations apart from that one even though there is a replacement for that slot
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

I am just saying that you should consider more than one slot as scum because they have to have a partner. Speaking of, since you are so sure on that slot... Who do you think could most likely be their partner?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I very much still scumread word321. You can't undo the scumminess of your predaccessor.

I'd be open to other eliminations if someone presented a compelling option. Do you think Red is that compelling option? Why?
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 432, GeniusGamer wrote:
In post 430, T-Bone wrote:Okay, so now you've devolved into...baiting? Please don't, this is a newbie game. I'm requesting that SE to SE, regardless of your alignment, or mine.
You’re making it sound like baiting is so terrible in newbie games specifically that it shouldn’t be done in them. I’m starting to notice a difference between the perception of newbies and SEs. Not to mention that you don’t really decide what tactics other players use...
Baiting shouldn't be done at all, to be fair. Praytell, did you find that post in question productive? If so, why?
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 436, T-Bone wrote:I very much still scumread word321. You can't undo the scumminess of your predaccessor.

I'd be open to other eliminations if someone presented a compelling option. Do you think Red is that compelling option? Why?
I never even gave another option to you i just said it seemed you weren't going to be open to others if they came about. My question still stands though. Who do you think the scum partner is if Micc/word321 is scum?

Like you were on Micc right from the beginning.
In post 72, T-Bone wrote:
Vote: Micc

Statistically, one of us has to be mafia, and since I am not, obviously Micc is. This math is 100% foolproof.
You ask everyone to share their thoughts but you haven't really said anything about anyone other than the Micc slot. Can I ask why this is?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 420, word321 wrote:I just isoed red to see what taht was about. before sharing a opinion on red, first I want u to address somethin:
U said u read 2 Italianos games to solidify ur opinion. Firs of all, u already stated u thought italiano was town before, when he first pushed. Did u read it at that point? If not, why did u find the need to search for previous games of Italiano?
Finally, why those changed ur opinion? Care to elaborate what u found and why it is consistent with town Italiano?
Order of operations:
-I read Italiano as scum
-I read Italiano as town
-(I read one of Italiano's games)
-I post that I read one of Italiano's games and that I think he's town
-(I read Italiano's other game)
-I post that I read on of Italiano's other games and that I think he's town.

I hope that was enough that you feel ready to share your opinion on me.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 437, T-Bone wrote:
Baiting shouldn't be done at all, to be fair. Praytell, did you find that post in question productive? If so, why?
Is this what you're referring to? From the wiki:

"Quickhammer baiting is a tactic used in LyLo with multiple scum alive, to catch them in the act of attempting to stage a quickhammer."

I am lacking the vocab to understand this interaction 100%
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by T-Bone »

MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 436, T-Bone wrote:I very much still scumread word321. You can't undo the scumminess of your predaccessor.

I never even gave another option to you i just said it seemed you weren't going to be open to others if they came about. My question still stands though. Who do you think the scum partner is if Micc/word321 is scum?

Like you were on Micc right from the beginning.
In post 72, T-Bone wrote:
Vote: Micc

Statistically, one of us has to be mafia, and since I am not, obviously Micc is. This math is 100% foolproof.
You ask everyone to share their thoughts but you haven't really said anything about anyone other than the Micc slot. Can I ask why this is?
Red is the leading wagon. I think it's fair to ask what you think about him, because you are currently not voting the person I think is most scum...or not currently voting anyone. Why is that?

What would you like thoughts on? Be specific. As about something someone else posted, or something that happened in thread. If you're gonna to ask for generalities, I'm going to answer with generalities. I don't know if I explained this well before. Most posts by players are not alignment indicative. It's just not possible for a player, town or scum, to make a post that screams their alignment every single time. I don't point this out to be difficult. Give me something to work with. I'm not going to ISO dive, that's not a fruitful endeavor.

I have explained Micc over and over again in this thread. I will be happy to explain it again, if you wish.

As you notice, in my last post Mini, and in this post, I have asked specific questions. I didn't ask for a readslist, for you to post a wall of thought on every player. Why? Because I don't think you can produce anything useful to me by doing that any more than I can.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 440, Redados wrote:
In post 437, T-Bone wrote:
Is this what you're referring to? From the wiki:

"Quickhammer baiting is a tactic used in LyLo with multiple scum alive, to catch them in the act of attempting to stage a quickhammer."

I am lacking the vocab to understand this interaction 100%
I'm referring trying to bait an emotional response with taunting. I don't want to be taunted, sure. I also don't want players taunting other players. It's not productive. It's also not very nice.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by word321 »

im back here
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by word321 »

In post 439, Redados wrote:
In post 420, word321 wrote:I just isoed red to see what taht was about. before sharing a opinion on red, first I want u to address somethin:
U said u read 2 Italianos games to solidify ur opinion. Firs of all, u already stated u thought italiano was town before, when he first pushed. Did u read it at that point? If not, why did u find the need to search for previous games of Italiano?
Finally, why those changed ur opinion? Care to elaborate what u found and why it is consistent with town Italiano?
Order of operations:
-I read Italiano as scum
-I read Italiano as town
-(I read one of Italiano's games)
-I post that I read one of Italiano's games and that I think he's town
-(I read Italiano's other game)
-I post that I read on of Italiano's other games and that I think he's town.

I hope that was enough that you feel ready to share your opinion on me.
there r still 2 points I want:
1. WHY did u read his games (and there is no correct answer; just give me ur thought process on why it was worthwhile to invest time on reading one of his ganes)
2. What did u see on those games, maybe in a broad way, to make u think he was more townie for this
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by word321 »

And now about the thing with T-Bone
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 437, T-Bone wrote: Baiting shouldn't be done at all, to be fair. Praytell, did you find that post in question productive? If so, why?
I didn't find the post productive, and I also agree that it shouldn't be done. However, it's the strategy he chose to use. Maybe it provides him with information that I'm not seeing. So what if he disagrees with you and finds baiting productive? To each his own.
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by GeniusGamer »

In post 444, word321 wrote: 1. WHY did u read his games (and there is no correct answer; just give me ur thought process on why it was worthwhile to invest time on reading one of his ganes)
I don't see the point in asking this. Why does it matter that someone read a game? It's
always
a good idea.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by word321 »

First of all, I am on the understanding that Newbie games r one of the ways to introduce newbies to the meta of the site, while at the same trying, trying of course to make it a pleasurable experience so they do come back, and find thegame fun.
On that premise, I find that baiting another SE is completely in line to teaching this ways, understanding that emotional appeal and deception is, indeed, an important comoponent of the game.
But I do understand that it can be quite heavy for some newbies, so due to respect to ur opinion on the matter, Ill try to avoid using them if possible.

And second. At first, ur reaction pinged quite strange, but after u clarified it, now I understand more or less ur thought process: u though I was baiting for a emotional response in bad faith, so as to (supposedly) incriminate u; that seems to make u angry.
But that is not entirely truth; it was indeed a bait to a reaction, but if u were scum, it is being selfconcious of someone latching on u and caughing on ur act; it is to see if u were rly going to up ur game to adapt to something that would bait reppercusion (like it did with MB), and how u would react to it. So it was kind of in bad faith, but probably different from what u think (I STILL am QUITE impressed that u think I am scum so much that ur thought process is to go directly for the baiting emotions on bad faith, wich is quite something to be honest).

Ur reaction is a rotund town; first of all, I find that 100% of the ppl that Ive seen so far always talk about bad tactics for newbies in good faith; ive never seen someone decieve with the format of a game, and it is one of the unspoken rules that u simply dnt use that to make an argument; that rly shows ur reaction is genuine. And of course, given that u were thinking the worst and that it didnt make urself self aware but angry, I am to say that u r pretty much town; u simply cant fake those things.

The argument above is self demostrating that baiting actually works, and there is no person more honest than an angry person. That is a valid type of play, albeit it can cause a lot of problems if handled in a poor manner; we must always remember this is a game, and not real life. So im downing my tone from now on; but it is at least good to let the newbies know this kind of things.

UNVOTE: T-Bone
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I do not understand that post, or why you are backing down from this scumread.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!