A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:41 am

Post by T-Bone »

Not everyone thinks you are scum, hence the people voting for word321 instead. Relax. Someone has to get limmed on Day 1.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:42 am

Post by Redados »

In post 536, Porkens wrote:I don’t believe you.
Let's come back to this later because I'm not sure if I like this. My initial impression when I saw this was that Porkens was trying to imply that he had a PR that made the mason claim impossible, but couldn't claim.

Scum!Porkens would have been going for the mislynch. Town!Porkens would just be putting pressure on GeniusGamer to see how he would react. That second one is in line with how Porkens has been playing so far, but I think this is my least favorite thing I've seen Porkens do in this game.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:48 am

Post by SJReaver »

In post 649, shellyc wrote:I'm vanilla town. I'm just a town, on the verge of a mislynch.
Why is this game so unforgiving to newbies? I don't see why I'm locked scum by everyone.
SJR and Genius are town. Italiano is town-read by locked town.
Also I know that fakeclaim is impossible. Sorry I just realised SJR was the second mason.
I think word is like so much scummier here. Porkens I could see him as scum but not as much
In my last game, I ended up at E-1 with a declared intent to hammer as well. It was my first game and it felt awful. Even when you're innocent, it stresses you out. All these people you've been trying to help and work with, and now it feels like they're turning against you.

But being miseliminated is not losing the game.

Go through the last couple of pages. Tell us what you think about people's posting. Is there anyone you want us to reconsider in light of this push? And don't just look at your wagon. What about people who aren't voting on you?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Redados »

In post 603, Redados wrote:Hey guys, starting to meta dive Hat Guy/word321's open game 784 to try to get a meta read on him. One thing that sticks out to me is that he looooves meta. He's quoting games and stuff just like he's kind of mentioned here. Just on initial observation.
I finished reading Hat Guy's game. So, my thoughts here are twofold:

1) Hat Guy likes to play meta. He likes to throw around previous games in points he's making. The fact that he's aware of meta makes him harder to read based on meta. In general, I think it's harder to read SEs based on meta. But he also has a March 2020 join date, so he hasn't been here THAT long. So I am still going to try to meta-read him.

2) If I had to make a decision based on comparing the two games, I would place him as scum this game. He's been considerably less active in this game, but more importantly, he's also been considerably less helpful. In the game I read (where he was town), he threw around stats and went into different scenarios. It felt very analytical. I imagine that town!Word321 would be more helpful and active and giving more opinions. He's posted enough to not get prodded in this game but the type of help and content he's been giving isn't consistent with the game I read. However, that could just be a measure of inactivity. Inactivity =/= scum normally, but in this case it might make sense?

3) I am not a fan of his spelling/grammar lol
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Redados »

I think that I would be happy on the ShellyC or Word321 wagon today.

Shelly's respond wasn't super motivating in regards to getting me to unvote. That was a bummer. However, based on what Word said regarding his activity today, I don't think we'll get any posts from him that proves his townie-ness to me, either.

I am keeping my vote on Shelly for now.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Redados »

Word is at three votes and Shelly is at four votes, if I'm counting right. Five votes is elimination.

Current Claims:

shellyc - Vanilla Townie
N0bleNoob/SJReaver - Mason
MiniMegabyte
ItalianoVD
Redados
GeniusGamer - Mason
Micc/Word321
Porkens
T-Bone
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:13 am

Post by SJReaver »

Intent to hammer on ShellyC

I'll give it another hour or so in case anyone wants to give parting thoughts.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:17 am

Post by SJReaver »

In post 655, Redados wrote:I think that I would be happy on the ShellyC or Word321 wagon today.

Shelly's respond wasn't super motivating in regards to getting me to unvote. That was a bummer. However, based on what Word said regarding his activity today, I don't think we'll get any posts from him that proves his townie-ness to me, either.

I am keeping my vote on Shelly for now.
If we're correct, I can appreciate how their position is super unmotivating.

If we're incorrect... I guess we'll learn soon.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:23 am

Post by shellyc »

All I see are reads lists putting me as scum, because of PoE.
SJR / GG are confirmed Masons.
Italiano is generally thought of as town
I don't know why the many options out there are not explored.
I think word321 / Porkens / Red is a way better option.
I'm new; I dont know how to defend myself.
But I WILL NOT SELF HAMMER. BECAUSE I AM TOWNIE, AND PLEASE STOP TUNNELING ME. I'LL FIGHT TILL THE END TO STOP THIS MISELIMINATE.
"not super unmotivating" hey what do you want me to do
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:24 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 657, SJReaver wrote:Intent to hammer on ShellyC

I'll give it another hour or so in case anyone wants to give parting thoughts.
Hammering me will get us nowhere. I'd rather you hammer word
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:25 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 651, T-Bone wrote:Not everyone thinks you are scum, hence the people voting for word321 instead. Relax. Someone has to get limmed on Day 1.
You know, I got my VT role PM, went into this game as a total newbie, pushed a guy that I had no idea was Mason, and just got pushed. And I'm tunneled by confirmed town. I'm legit freaking out right now
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:32 am

Post by T-Bone »

Right, I feel you. It's okay. The majority of players that get eliminated on this site have a town role PM. It's just a fact of the game. I know you feel tempted to defend yourself, but that's not really productive.

Here's what you should do if you're town. Continue to play the game, continue to scumhunt. Yeah, you're top suspect turned out to be town. Now what? How does that change the game? If you are town, that means that it is likely at least one of the other three people pushing GG are scum. What do you think about them? What about those of us who didn't want to eliminate him?

Whether you get eliminated or not, you can still affect the outcome and still win if you're town. Everyone gets eliminated on Day 1 at some point. It's whatever. Keep trying to figure out who the mafia are anyway!
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:38 am

Post by shellyc »

Thanks T-Bone.
The others that pushed Genius were Italiano, Porkens, Mini.
I feel like Mini / Porkens would be scum here. Mini's not been talking a lot, Porkens could be pushing a ML there.
I feel like Red didn't want to elim him because it'd look like OMGUS, which is focusing on appearance. Town would vote out their sus at all costs.
The people that are on me now, word is suspect. I dont like how apathetic he's been
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Redados »

In post 663, shellyc wrote:I feel like Red didn't want to elim him because it'd look like OMGUS, which is focusing on appearance. Town would vote out their sus at all costs.
This is fair and I totally see why it would have come off this way.

What happened is, that I was like "Genius is sus, anyone agree?" and then within the next hour FOUR people voted Genius. I was not going to hammer without a claim so I couldn't just vote. And I said publicly that I still felt Genius was the best lynch at that point.

I'm feeling like between Porkens and Mini, Mini is more likely to be scum. I'm coming down a little on my townread of Porkens though post-Genius-stuff.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:46 am

Post by T-Bone »

Tell me why word321 doesn't crack your suspect list Red.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:47 am

Post by shellyc »

I read a game of Porkens and it seemed like he was just much less pushy, but he was still town
I honestly dunno about this
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Redados »

In post 665, T-Bone wrote:Tell me why word321 doesn't crack your suspect list Red.
He does, I was just responding to Shelly's post specifically sorry.

I'm having newbie decision paralysis. It's emotionally tough for me to make decisions that have in-game consequences. I just logged back in to vote Word321.

VOTE: Word321
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Redados »

That puts Shelly at E-2 and Word at E-1. I am sorry for swinging back and forth. I have been thinking about this this morning.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Redados »

I was tunneling Shelly, I read the Word game, and after sitting on it, I am voting for Word.

IRL I like to make very conservative decisions, ie not gambling, because I don't like
losing
when I could have avoided the loss by not playing at all. I feel the same way about a mislim. I am irrationally afraid of a mislim.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:53 am

Post by shellyc »

Wait who's on word right now
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:56 am

Post by SJReaver »

On word: t-bone, SJR, shellyc, Redados

On Shelly: Italian, Genius, Porkens
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:59 am

Post by SJReaver »

Sorry, Porkens unvoted. word is the last one on shelly
GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:08 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

Hmm. I suppose Word’s slot could be scum.
Maybe
I’ll hammer after he starts talking more. But I’m going to keep my vote on Shelly for now.

Word’s at E-1 and Shelly’s at E-2? I’m losing track of who’s voting for who. Could the moderator update the vote count please?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:23 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 643, shellyc wrote:Wow I'm at E-1 all so suddenly. Also I just read the mason claim.UNVOTE: GeniusGamer
I am a
Vanilla Townie
and I don't know where this vote came from.
Suddenly Genius roleclaims and I'm voted because of PoE? Now Italiano starts this bandwagon ALL OF A SUDDEN.
I dont understand this universal townread on SJR. He replaced in, and just gets TR by everyone.
Also I feel like Redados could be a vote here
In post 644, shellyc wrote:
In post 585, ItalianoVD wrote:Alright so with these new events in mind. I can assume:

Town:
Genius
SJReaver
Myself
Porkens
TBone
Mini
Red

That leaves Shelly and Word (Micc) as scum
This list? how can you be sure that almost all are town at d1
I’m not actually sure, but now I know Genius and SJReaver are town, I know I am town. Mini and TBone I had already had listed as town. Redados’ recent responses, especially had me change my thinking on him. Could he be scum, sure, but I’m not sure at this point. I had been feeling iffy about Porkens and I probably won’t be 100% comfortable until they flip, but the events that unfolded and the way they responded to them seemed town. He could be a master at looking town without trying to look town. From all that it was only really process of elimination.
In post 649, shellyc wrote:I'm vanilla town. I'm just a town, on the verge of a mislynch.
Why is this game so unforgiving to newbies? I don't see why I'm locked scum by everyone.
SJR and Genius are town. Italiano is town-read by locked town.
Also I know that fakeclaim is impossible. Sorry I just realised SJR was the second mason.
I think word is like so much scummier here. Porkens I could see him as scum but not as much
In post 659, shellyc wrote:All I see are reads lists putting me as scum, because of PoE.
SJR / GG are confirmed Masons.
Italiano is generally thought of as town
I don't know why the many options out there are not explored.
I think word321 / Porkens / Red is a way better option.
I'm new; I dont know how to defend myself.
But I WILL NOT SELF HAMMER. BECAUSE I AM TOWNIE, AND PLEASE STOP TUNNELING ME. I'LL FIGHT TILL THE END TO STOP THIS MISELIMINATE.
"not super unmotivating" hey what do you want me to do
In post 661, shellyc wrote:
In post 651, T-Bone wrote:Not everyone thinks you are scum, hence the people voting for word321 instead. Relax. Someone has to get limmed on Day 1.
You know, I got my VT role PM, went into this game as a total newbie, pushed a guy that I had no idea was Mason, and just got pushed. And I'm tunneled by confirmed town. I'm legit freaking out right now
I know scum can fake emotion and all that, but I don’t feel that with you Shellyc. I had townread you all game, but because of the actions in the game and through process of elimination there was nowhere else to go imo. And then after these last responses from, I would not feel comfortable eliminating you or have you get eliminated. This game is a mind jerk. :roll: :eek:

Intent to hammer Word321.