A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 923, Porkens wrote:So you explain how you have “set up the dominos” because you have laid the gamestate. Good, great so you take responsibility if and when there are two dead townies on the ground.
See that right there. We all know that's not what I said.

Porkens trying to tie the idea that I am responsible for dead townies to the current game state. That's a manipulation. This is a strong indicator of why I actually believe the game ends with this elimination.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Porkens »

Well thanks. You just said Itáliano was trying to solve, but you have him at least third down in competence?
worse than random
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

*for hypothetical dead townies
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Porkens »

“As for "agreeing" with the prevailing scumread...I'm pretty sure I put us on this trajectory by saying "I think it is most likely Porkens for reasons...then Redados, then Minimegabyte...because I townread Shelly and Italiano for reasons".

If you want to try and argue that someone else is more responsible for the current game state, by all means. But don't try to re-frame the events as something else entirely.“

^^^these are your exact words. You claim responsibility for the trajectory. You define that trajectory of porkens, red, Mm. You then defy me to argue against it.
worse than random
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:27 am

Post by T-Bone »

The only trajectory we're on is the game state in which you are at E-1. I did not say we would then eliminate the next two players. I said I suspect Porkens, then some other players went "oh me too" and now here we are.

You're the one trying to bargain an elimination for Italiano. So I mean? :shrug:
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

Either way, there's a reason I quoted you and said "this is an example of why I think Porkens is scum". I'm not going to argue with you. If you're actually town, I'm not going to (rightly) convince you that you're scum. If you're mafia, I do not expect you to go "damn, you got me, vote: myself GG"

By all means, show the playerlist that you are not actually trying to manipulate in the way I think you are. If you're sincerely trying to convince me otherwise, arguing about semantics is not the way to do it!
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Porkens »

Ohhh sorry I misunderstood then.

Now, to be fair, Italiano was the one who suggested it:
In post 803, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 801, shellyc wrote:In conclusion I feel like a partner is plausible from Porkens' ISO. Both Italiano and Porkens are possible partners according to what I saw.
And that’s fair, but if I do get eliminated make sure you eliminate Porkens the next day. It would only be fair and consistent.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 930, T-Bone wrote:Either way, there's a reason I quoted you and said "this is an example of why I think Porkens is scum". I'm not going to argue with you. If you're actually town, I'm not going to (rightly) convince you that you're scum. If you're mafia, I do not expect you to go "damn, you got me, vote: myself GG"

By all means, show the playerlist that you are not actually trying to manipulate in the way I think you are. If you're sincerely trying to convince me otherwise, arguing about semantics is not the way to do it!
I’m not really trying to convince you, I’m trying to make sure they don’t give you an automatic pass on the hypothetical day 4.
worse than random
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:35 am

Post by T-Bone »

What do you think the significance of that is? Let's say we decided to take him up on his offer and eliminate him first. What does that actually accomplish for scum!Italiano?

Pedit: That's fine. Like I said, I am absolutely capable of power bussing a scumbuddy on Day 1. It is fair to weigh in a vacuum. I know the difference between that and what I actually did, but an outside observer might not.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:42 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Erratic, unobservant and poor discernment of what people say. Anyone playing like you play is bad for town. The fact that you have years of experience and are playing like this makes me scratch my head. I wouldn’t expect townyou (even if you were rusty) to play this way so the logical conclusion is that you are scum. :facepalm:
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 933, T-Bone wrote:What do you think the significance of that is? Let's say we decided to take him up on his offer and eliminate him first. What does that actually accomplish for scum!Italiano?

Pedit: That's fine. Like I said, I am absolutely capable of power bussing a scumbuddy on Day 1. It is fair to weigh in a vacuum. I know the difference between that and what I actually did, but an outside observer might not.
Flip that around and tell me why I’m your #1 scumread right now.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 934, ItalianoVD wrote:Erratic, unobservant and poor discernment of what people say. Anyone playing like you play is bad for town. The fact that you have years of experience and are playing like this makes me scratch my head. I wouldn’t expect townyou (even if you were rusty) to play this way so the logical conclusion is that you are scum. :facepalm:
Now you are just making things up out of whole cloth.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Porkens »

Só italiano your angle tomorrow is going to be “a Zoe porkens was town well how could I have known that? His play made no sense as town I guess he was just bad.”

Hopefully no one falls for that.
worse than random
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 935, Porkens wrote:
In post 933, T-Bone wrote:What do you think the significance of that is? Let's say we decided to take him up on his offer and eliminate him first. What does that actually accomplish for scum!Italiano?

It's a different situation since you are already at E-1.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 934, ItalianoVD wrote:Erratic, unobservant and poor discernment of what people say. Anyone playing like you play is bad for town. The fact that you have years of experience and are playing like this makes me scratch my head. I wouldn’t expect townyou (even if you were rusty) to play this way so the logical conclusion is that you are scum. :facepalm:
What is this though?
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

Because #937 is right on the money.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 936, Porkens wrote:
Now you are just making things up out of whole cloth.
Am I?
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 938, T-Bone wrote:
In post 935, Porkens wrote:

It's a different situation since you are already at E-1.
Ok if you say so.
worse than random
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:51 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 939, T-Bone wrote:
What is this though?
This is what I see from Porkens. My perception of his play.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:53 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 937, Porkens wrote:Só italiano your angle tomorrow is going to be “a Zoe porkens was town well how could I have known that? His play made no sense as town I guess he was just bad.”

Hopefully no one falls for that.
Mark this down and quote it. If you flip town I will personally lead the way to get myself eliminated. First vote and I will get everyone to follow suit. Day 3 will probably one of the quickest days in this sites history.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 943, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 939, T-Bone wrote:
What is this though?
This is what I see from Porkens. My perception of his play.
Give me some specifics instead of "he's playing bad". How do you know?

At the very least part of my argument has been that Porkens is playing well. So at best this is lazy, at worst, this is what Porkens pointed out in #937...a pre-excuse for if Porkens flips town.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:14 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 945, T-Bone wrote:Give me some specifics instead of "he's playing bad". How do you know?

At the very least part of my argument has been that Porkens is playing well. So at best this is lazy, at worst, this is what Porkens pointed out in #937...a pre-excuse for if Porkens flips town.
1) Can you explain OMGUS to me. If I was the first to vote for Porkens, how am I OMGUSing him? Are you talking about the case or the vote?
2) His perception and conclusion in 923 of what you said in 920 is very strange. I’ve seen him take what people say and then create an elaborate conclusion that doesn’t match what that person said. Instead of asking what they meant he goes with his own conclusion and then frames it that way.
3) He has not once talked about the case I have on him or the fact that he is scumreading me for something he himself has been guilty of. It was the same thing with Shelly and Red. When Shelly was sheeping Red he scumread her, but when Red sheeped him, he gave it a pass saying that “he’s agreeing with me”. It’s not consistent.
4) As I stated in my defense, he has left things out of quotes and generalized statements made by people without including the context.

So as I said, his play has been erratic, unobservant and the perception of what people say is poor and inconsistent. I didn’t say that as an excuse or a way to wiggle out of elimination, I said that as a reason at least more of one of why I think he’s scum.

On that note I see I should have explained it better. I was annoyed at the time I posted it.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:17 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

And I was annoyed by the things Porkens was saying not by the death pact. Wanted to say it before anyone else did. :facepalm:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:47 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

[quote="In post 766, Porkens"]My suspicion is based on his interactions with flipped scum.
If we had flipped ShellyC instead, I probably wouldn't think IDV was particularly scummy.

I made mention of this before. Is this a scumslip? Pay attention to the bolded.

Picture this:
I didn’t vote for Shellyc. I actually jumped off of her and put my vote onto Word.

But let’s say for the sake of Porkens’ hypothetical before I hammered Word Shelly’s wagon advanced and she got eliminated. Then let’s say she flipped scum.

My move OFF of her would have made me extremely suspicious, but Porkens made that hypothetical statement without taking into account the possibility of Shelly being scum, which is not congruent with his previous line of “My suspicion is based on his interactions with flipped scum.”

To me this implies that he knows she is town.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Porkens »

I think she’s town based on the fact that Micc was scum and I believe you are his partner. Oops!
worse than random