He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4525 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 3.06
Not Voting (6) -
Datisi, Something_Smart, Raven Branwen, PookyTheMagicalBear, the worst, skitter30

With 6 players alive it takes 4 to eliminate.

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2020-08-28 07:50:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

I voted the slot guaranteed to never vote me over the slot that didn’t why? Because I wasn’t sold on Pooky scum and I’m still not. I’m legit concerned that if he flips town here we lose.

But what’s really insane about both SS/Dats pushes is that neither but especially SS is clearly ignoring that Pooky is very likely to be today’s executeee because nobody is fucking listening to me because contrary to all rational evidence, we are clearly not aligned and I think whomever’s scum here is setting up that narrative deliberately to silence my solve and possibly cost us the game. Whomever is town/ thinking clearly: Pushing a me/Pooky scumteam effectively mutes anything valid I have to say here. So when I give sound logical reasons why I think this could possibly cost us the game, I don’t get listened to. Now if town/anyone who doesn’t have their head up their ass can clearly see that a Pooky/me scumteam makes 0 sense, then my solve would actually get listened too and taken seriously. It really sucks we might possibly lose this game either because of scum pushing a bad faith agenda or town not seeing how for like a gazillion reasons this makes absolutely no sense. @Sorry Aldus, Lillith, dsjstr I tried but this is literally like MBoS again. I’m just really sad now we’re going to probably lose - either because Pooky is actually town or if he isn’t, scum has set me up as his buddy. I think the fact that the only players in this game not sold on this narrative are literally only me, Pooky. Skitter speaks volumes and should strike legit paranoia in whomever is town here.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Datisi »

oh GOOD there are 7 more pages that have been born while i was unconscious. this is probably gonna be a catchup that offers nothing game related. don't @ me.
In post 4364, skitter30 wrote:
In post 752, the worst wrote:I'm masons with datisi. Like I'm not actually a mason with datisi? but low-key I am.
Given ur respective later claims, this is interesting
this is Funny and it made me Smile
In post 4375, skitter30 wrote:
Pooky/dats
- um the whole game
this is also Funny and it also made me Smile
In post 4405, Something_Smart wrote:oh no, one person voted for another, they can never be scumbuddies and it makes 0 sense. whatever will we do?
this also made me Chuckle

ok i know this "catchup" so far should better be called "posts in this game of mafia that i found entertaining" but shhh
this is my reaction to like everything on pg 178

oh fuck me 3 more pages to read i don't want to do this

uhhh reading along that pooky/s_s spat, pooky keeps saying s_s is just sticking to his "solve if dsjstr flips green" without any thought which seems wrong and bad faithy to me, and i know it's a surprise to absolutely nobody that i'm saying this but i want at least something actually game related in this shitpost lest someone gets the idea that i am Scum and Coasting in lylo
In post 4485, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Speaking in unison actually works against your case - I usually tell my scumpartner to straight up bus me while I distract and fuck with the town - look at what Aldus did in coalition. There's literally no way I tell my scumbuddy hey go all in on protecting me I need it.
something something bugs "almost" lolhammering day one something something

raven's posts at the end of page 181 are Yikes
not necessarily scum!indicative, just big Yikes
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:48 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 4482, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4479, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Now instead of doing the "figure something out" part- you've gone back to "we need to lynch Pooky/Raven"

Which means your response was full of shit to begin with
Datisi changed his mind on Raven. That is one of the main things that caused my view of the game to come into focus.

If he hadn't done that, I'd probably be pushing him, but I would be torn between him and ducky.
s_s, can you talk about this post a bit more? like i don't know whta i'm asking here myself, but this just seems like a weird thing to say?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:51 am

Post by Datisi »

also y'all know i was kidding when i said we should try to surpass newbie 1942 right
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:53 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

Why @Dats and sorry but I don’t want to quote your entire post. I legit don’t understand why Sktter is the only one who doesn’t see a Pooky/me scumteam.

Like how do I even begin to get through to you that you’re wrong on that? Because my best reason for totally quashing that is bugs almost hammering Pooky and I have hardly any experience playing with him. I have to think that makes no logical sense if Pooky/me are the scumteam and I don’t understand how you aren’t seeing it?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Datisi »

what is the "why" for? (also hint, if you highlight a part of the post and hit quote, it'll quote just that part of the post)

ok, but i don't find that reason convincing.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Datisi »

you think s_s is scum, correct? who's the partner?
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4531, Datisi wrote:what is the "why" for? (also hint, if you highlight a part of the post and hit quote, it'll quote just that part of the post)

ok, but i don't find that reason convincing.
What are the “Yikes”?

And seriously how can you not? Is in your experience bugs extremely careless player? Has scum!bugs ever almost hammered his buddy in any game ever? Don’t you think it far more likely that bugs was trying to get Pooky executed? I do because Occams razor, that’s what clearly makes the most sense.

And once you realize that, then ask yourself why does scum!me vote to execute dsjstr who was locktowning me over Pooky? What does scum!me have to gain by doing that? And yes, I’m asking this in the hopes that you can see how a Pooky/me scumteam isn’t adding up, because it isn’t and SS insisting it is doesn’t make it so.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:06 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4532, Datisi wrote:you think s_s is scum, correct? who's the partner?
I wish I knew. I’m sorry I haven’t figured that out yet but I honestly don’t believe his progression on my slot has been in good faith.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Datisi »

4519-4521 are just yikes

bugs is a careless player, yeah. and sure, i don't think scum!bugs has ever accidentally hammered their scumpartner before, but (1) something not happening before isn't a convincing argument why it couldn't happen and (2) it's ignoring the possibility of scum!bugs reading ahead or being coached.

i dunno, i'd have to check the order but depending on how deep you were on scum!dsjstr maybe you wouldn't have been able to make a convincing walkback. but also that argument doesn't do much for me considering i'm not convinced you/pooky cannot be partners.
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:14 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4535, Datisi wrote:4519-4521 are just yikes

bugs is a careless player, yeah. and sure, i don't think scum!bugs has ever accidentally hammered their scumpartner before, but (1) something not happening before isn't a convincing argument why it couldn't happen and (2) it's ignoring the possibility of scum!bugs reading ahead or being coached.

i dunno, i'd have to check the order but depending on how deep you were on scum!dsjstr maybe you wouldn't have been able to make a convincing walkback. but also that argument doesn't do much for me considering i'm not convinced you/pooky cannot be partners.
That actually isn’t the case. At one point I was seriously considering voting Pooky but dsjstr’s posts were so scummy, I thought it stupid to ignore that.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:16 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4521, Raven Branwen wrote:I honestly can’t tell what is making me angrier, being wrongly scumread or being considered a fucking imbecile.
In post 4536, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 4535, Datisi wrote:4519-4521 are just yikes

That actually isn’t the case. At one point I was seriously considering voting Pooky but dsjstr’s posts were so scummy, I thought it stupid to ignore that.
I asked you WHY those posts are “YIKES” to you? Are you going to answer that?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Datisi »

ah sorry. they're just very unpleasant to read.
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

I’m trying to explain that I just wouldn’t treat a buddy like Pooky and you can either believe that or not.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:20 am

Post by Datisi »

that's okay, it wasn't a comment on their truthfulness

sigh, i need to talk to skitter.
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4538, Datisi wrote:ah sorry. they're just very unpleasant to read.
Well it’s no fun to be deathtunnelled especially when I know it’s dead wrong. If you were continually wrongly accused of not only being scum but scum with a player who fypov made absolutely no sense, how would you be feeling about that? Especially when it becomes super obvious that due to this woefully incorrect read, no one will listen to a damn thing you have to say regarding your thoughts on X player’s alignment and you are just forced to sit back and have your solve completely trampled upon because being wrongly pushed as being aligned with the likely executee means my voice and solve won’t be taken seriously. Tell me how you wouldn’t be extremely frustrated in this scenario?

I care about this game and I want my voice heard but as long as enough people don’t wake up and realize this, no one is going to fucking listen to me and I’ll be damned if I’m just going to do nothing and possibly hand the game to scum. Could I possibly be wrong on Pooky? Sure. I could possibly be wrong on every single player in the game other than Skitter but I just feel the complete lack of resistance to a Pooky wagon is concerning and it ought to be to you as well. And when Skitter made a list of who she thought could possibly be aligned with him, she never ever said a Pooky/me scumteam was likely, what she did say was that a Pooky/SS team was MORE unlikely.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:38 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4541, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 4538, Datisi wrote:ah sorry. they're just very unpleasant to read.
Well it’s no fun to be deathtunnelled especially when I know it’s dead wrong. If you were continually wrongly accused of not only being scum but scum with a player who fypov made absolutely no sense, how would you be feeling about that? Especially when it becomes super obvious that due to this woefully incorrect read, no one will listen to a damn thing you have to say regarding your thoughts on X player’s alignment and you are just forced to sit back and have your solve completely trampled upon because being wrongly pushed as being aligned with the likely executee means my voice and solve won’t be taken seriously. Tell me how you wouldn’t be extremely frustrated in this scenario?

I care about this game and I want my voice heard but as long as enough people don’t wake up and realize this, no one is going to fucking listen to me and I’ll be damned if I’m just going to do nothing and possibly hand the game to scum. Could I possibly be wrong on Pooky? Sure. I could possibly be wrong on every single player in the game other than Skitter but I just feel the complete lack of resistance to a Pooky wagon is concerning and it ought to be to you as well. And when Skitter made a list of who she thought could possibly be aligned with him, she never ever said a Pooky/me scumteam was likely, what she did say was that a Pooky/SS team was MORE unlikely.
Just to be clear, yes I do sr SS over Pooky and I’ve already explained why.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Datisi »

a complete lack of resistance to a pooky wagon... are we reading the same game? if there was a lack of resistance he would've been dead on day one. also, it's lylo. there's 2 scum alive in 6 players. like is this the point where we talk about lack of resistances to wagons?

and yeah, that's how crossing out scumteams works? you cross off those that are for this or that reason unlikely?
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:50 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4543, Datisi wrote:a complete lack of resistance to a pooky wagon... are we reading the same game? if there was a lack of resistance he would've been dead on day one. also, it's lylo. there's 2 scum alive in 6 players. like is this the point where we talk about lack of resistances to wagons?

and yeah, that's how crossing out scumteams works? you cross off those that are for this or that reason unlikely?
What I’m saying is how sure are you Pooky’s scum because I see a lot of reasons that point against him being scum and it’s extremely difficult to believe SS’ push on me as his buddy - pre-flip is in good faith. I suppose it’s possthat SS could be deathtunnelled wrong town here but I’m having a great deal of trouble seeing his continuous shade on me without actually explaining anything as being townie. He isn’t even considering the possibility that he could be wrong yet he continues to deny that.

What I’m saying is that Skitter never ever said it was likely either. Only SS and you and maybe duckling are saying that.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Datisi »

/shrug, i'm seeing reasons to point at him being scum. i've said so yesterday. y'all actually made me make an actual wallpost god i hate wallposts

what are your reasons for pooky being town? that """case""" on s_s? like even if you're sure of s_s being scum, how does that point to town!pooky in any way... like you keep saing yourself, no way scumpartners would defend each other in lylo (which i disagree with but for the sake of argument), how does that case point to town!pooky?

i mean, sure, she didn't outright say "i think pooky/raven is likely" but also you were the only uncrossed partner for pooky and she said she's leaning on voting pooky so idk, 2 + 2 = ?

though i don't wanna be putting words in her mouth, if that's not the conclusion i'm supposed to draw, feel free to correct me
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4545, Datisi wrote:/shrug, i'm seeing reasons to point at him being scum. i've said so yesterday. y'all actually made me make an actual wallpost god i hate wallposts

what are your reasons for pooky being town? that """case""" on s_s? like even if you're sure of s_s being scum, how does that point to town!pooky in any way... like you keep saing yourself, no way scumpartners would defend each other in lylo (which i disagree with but for the sake of argument), how does that case point to town!pooky?

i mean, sure, she didn't outright say "i think pooky/raven is likely" but also you were the only uncrossed partner for pooky and she said she's leaning on voting pooky so idk, 2 + 2 = ?

though i don't wanna be putting words in her mouth, if that's not the conclusion i'm supposed to draw, feel free to correct me
I said that I think he sounded very different here than in coalition. Yes I know you and Skitter disagree with that. He also seems to be incredibly frustrated with the push on him and his frustration sounds townie to me. Maybe because that’s how I’m feeling because of both SS’ deathtunnel on me plus it seems that Skitter is the only one who isn’t sold on a Pooky/me team. Yes I know she listed me as the only possibility for scum!Pooky but she also clearly said that she didn’t have a theory on who is the other scum, so it’s not exactly the same thing. Fmpov, if I am the only possibility for Pooky!scum and I know we’re not buddies, why wouldn’t it make sense that I’m not convinced he’s scum?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:38 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 4546, Raven Branwen wrote:I said that I think he sounded very different here than in coalition. Yes I know you and Skitter disagree with that. He also seems to be incredibly frustrated with the push on him and his frustration sounds townie to me. [...] Fmpov, if I am the only possibility for Pooky!scum and I know we’re not buddies, why wouldn’t it make sense that I’m not convinced he’s scum?
agree to disagree i guess? also i seem to think you thought i brought up valid points in my wallpost yesterday, but correct me if i'm wrong, i didn't have enough strength to go check...

are you the only possibility for a partner for scum!pooky? even from your pov? skitter and duck obviously aren't his partners, i'd argue i pretty plainly aren't either, and from town!you pov you're not, but what is stopping s_s from being his partner again?
~M
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:11 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 4547, Datisi wrote:
In post 4546, Raven Branwen wrote:I said that I think he sounded very different here than in coalition. Yes I know you and Skitter disagree with that. He also seems to be incredibly frustrated with the push on him and his frustration sounds townie to me. [...] Fmpov, if I am the only possibility for Pooky!scum and I know we’re not buddies, why wouldn’t it make sense that I’m not convinced he’s scum?
agree to disagree i guess? also i seem to think you thought i brought up valid points in my wallpost yesterday, but correct me if i'm wrong, i didn't have enough strength to go check...

are you the only possibility for a partner for scum!pooky? even from your pov? skitter and duck obviously aren't his partners, i'd argue i pretty plainly aren't either, and from town!you pov you're not, but what is stopping s_s from being his partner again?
I guess that’s Skitter’s opinion. Idk I know if Pooky’s scum, he obviously can’t be scum with duckling for mech reasons and no way are you/Pooky ever doing scum theatre. I initially did think that was possible but I just really don’t think it’s scum distancing. Of course in the event he were to flip scum, I’d obviously have to recess that but I’m just paranoid that he could be the town-losing misexecutiion and after all of the time and effort I’ve put into this game, I’d rather not have us lose. But yeah the main reason is I definitely disagree with both you and Skitter on coalition and in my experience when I don’t trust my gut, bad things happen. Sorry, I can’t explain it better.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 4546, Raven Branwen wrote:Fmpov, if I am the only possibility for Pooky!scum and I know we’re not buddies, why wouldn’t it make sense that I’m not convinced he’s scum?
do you think s_s/pooky is a viable scumteam, yes or no?
~M