CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:34 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 945, Fidget wrote:I think your play today has been mostly dominstead by mechanical speculation and somewhat frustration AtE. That's not all you do, but those parts in particular are not hard to fake
Yeah, but much harder to fake than the "lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk" strategy everybody else was following until we finally got some subs in

Go reconsider what *you'd* talk about in my place here
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:40 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 947, Fidget wrote:Puppy I think your plan was initially "Stress townread Fidget (to throw us off I guess and to be consistent with the read you've had this hold time), eliminate Kerset using her suspicions on Kerset, eliminate Fidget on the next day using midways preexisting suspicions"

It's a pretty slam dunk plan, you totally would have won that Xylo
It would've been much easier for me to push you when that's what everyone else wanted, why would I trade a good mislaunch for the uncertainty of today's launch? It would be the wrong scumplay, since I can't predict the effect of a sub

Also I think if I were scum and I'd know what the deal is wrt the BP, I wouldn't need to spend that much time speculating in thread, it'd be a waste of my time when I could have laid the ground for some really effective dominance instead

Like your assumption is I'm playing a good scum game but if I were scum there'd be objectively better moves lol

Don't expect this to make a difference since your read is about day 1 wagons, but when I flip town you're going to have to resort your whole opinion on that and I'd rather we start now
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:40 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Oh, we've got a whole day left, good
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 3.6
Fidget
(1):
CantLynchAPuppy
(1):
midwaybear
(1):

Not voting
(2): ready2rock,

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-28 21:36:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 951, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 947, Fidget wrote:Puppy I think your plan was initially "Stress townread Fidget (to throw us off I guess and to be consistent with the read you've had this hold time), eliminate Kerset using her suspicions on Kerset, eliminate Fidget on the next day using midways preexisting suspicions"

It's a pretty slam dunk plan, you totally would have won that Xylo
It would've been much easier for me to push you when that's what everyone else wanted, why would I trade a good mislaunch for the uncertainty of today's launch? It would be the wrong scumplay, since I can't predict the effect of a sub

Also I think if I were scum and I'd know what the deal is wrt the BP, I wouldn't need to spend that much time speculating in thread, it'd be a waste of my time when I could have laid the ground for some really effective dominance instead

Like your assumption is I'm playing a good scum game but if I were scum there'd be objectively better moves lol

Don't expect this to make a difference since your read is about day 1 wagons, but when I flip town you're going to have to resort your whole opinion on that and I'd rather we start now
well no if you flip town we just lose

I am not doubting that it's very possible town you plays this way I'm just feeling like I'm out of options when I compare you to the other two.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 950, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 945, Fidget wrote:I think your play today has been mostly dominstead by mechanical speculation and somewhat frustration AtE. That's not all you do, but those parts in particular are not hard to fake
Yeah, but much harder to fake than the "lurk lurk lurk lurk lurk" strategy everybody else was following until we finally got some subs in

Go reconsider what *you'd* talk about in my place here
Yeah midway hasn't done a towny thing (but we're agreeing he's town) and Kerset hasn't really either (but BM was townie and I can't wrap my head around the claim business)

I would say effort-wise you're probably the highest which just makes it kind of upsetting I'm voting you tbh
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Fidget »

Well Kerset had the post calling us all bad if midway flips scum which I decently liked but maybe I'm falling for his tricks there.

What a bothersome game!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:16 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 955, Fidget wrote:midway hasn't done a towny thing
I don't remember a single game where I was ever a big townread.

I think I'm still leaning towards Fidget, but I am ready to vote whoever ready2rock decides on.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:42 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 955, Fidget wrote:midway hasn't done a towny thing (but we're agreeing he's town)
nani
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Fidget »

everyone decided mid is town yes? (besides Kerset)

I too struggle to find him scummy although not as much as I did before. Ready2rock also disapproved of going back on him
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Kerset »

Ouh right after i said that puppy doesn't fight back, he does it.
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 951, CantHateAPuppy wrote:It would've been much easier for me to push you when that's what everyone else wanted,
When?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 959, Fidget wrote:everyone decided mid is town yes? (besides Kerset)
What is the deal with this phasing? That basically just means puppy and r2r. Its obvious that midway doesn't vote for himself.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 961, Kerset wrote:
In post 951, CantHateAPuppy wrote:It would've been much easier for me to push you when that's what everyone else wanted,
When?
When it was blair in the slot, feel like a couple people wanted to launch that
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I too struggle to find him scummy although not as much as I did before. Ready2rock also disapproved of going back on him
so you don't think midway is town, you don't think he's scum, but you're just going to default to consensus? i don't understand that.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Fidget »

Wat no I think he's town and the one post I devoted to doubting that was met with
In post 897, ready2rock wrote:For midway, I've townread him since day 1 and I haven't had a compelling reason to re-evaluate that read, and I think now would be a bad time to try to rethink the entire game anyway. Mostly I find the fishing for town cred at the start of day 2 to be a thing that town!midway would definitely do, it felt genuine
and
In post 926, CantHateAPuppy wrote:The only thing I dislike about Fidg right now is her coming up with reasons why midway isn't so town after all, but then declaring he's off limits to her anyways
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i dont mind you questioning a midway townread, it's something iw ant to think about too, but i do think it's weird to open these questions about your midway TR, then decide it's off-limits after all
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Fidget »

I don't see why scum me does anything other than tout midway as confirmed town and proceed to demonize Kerset off of it

It's less that I'm declaring midway off-limits, I just reopened him to consideration and then decided on you over him. the big post a little ways back was me rereading both your D1s and that's the decision i came to
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Fidget »

But also having the conf town say he isn't interested in midway factors into it a bit I guess sure
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 963, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 961, Kerset wrote:
When?
When it was blair in the slot, feel like a couple people wanted to launch that
Also yeah it was but you need to get rid of two people not one. If you push someone other than me and call me town, you get to be like "Haha i was right" the next day and continue to push whoever you wanted all along

Or alternatively you can save me today and get your preferred option like Kerset eliminated, then 180 on me the next day. You would probably win that Xylo since mid already wants me

Really if you just went with consensus and pushed me me me the whole way through today, you'd probably be at the bottom of the totem pole tomorrow with nowhere to go

Also I believe you townread Blair earlyish on so I guess it only makes sense for scum or town you to continue on with that read
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 889, Fidget wrote:i just reread like the first twenty pages in bed cause this game stresses me out

Midway didnt push the Ydrasse wagon. im so dumb. the only time he pushed Ydrasse was when she was at 1 vote (his).

during crunch time where ydrasse and dunn both had a lot of steam end of day, he lobbed a ton of shade comments at Dunn despite voting for Ydrasse. and then switched to dunn. he never even says a word about ydrasse from what im seeing

IV, Nosferatu, Mafia Goon, and Puppy(to an extent) were all much more responsible for getting Ydrasse killed. while they were doing that, midway was questioning ppl townreading dunn and saying Dunns L-1 reaction wasnt hard to fake

it hardly makes sense for someone who thinks their option (the one they are voting FOR) is the best elim to then turn around and say "Yeah guys Dunn isnt swaying me you should finish him off". its odd

It looks like an early bus but it actually really wasnt, I think i interpreted it poorly on the first read. So either a.) im tired out of my mind and this reread is faulty so you should disregard this

or b.) My midway read is a total lie and I need to start weighing him against puppy

Also Kerset is way more likely town in that case

if midway is scum that perfectly explains why Puppy and Kerset feel towny and he doesnt. Kerset feels town from their predecessor, the claim, and that last frustrated comment abt midway. puppy idk also feels like town I'll go into it trrmow hopefully
In post 431, midwaybear wrote:
In post 426, innocentvillager wrote:i hope im doing the right thing

i am an investigative role
This is low key scummy because you aren’t specifying what role. I still will vote ydrasse though
VOTE: Ydrasse
this is still such a weird post to me. I do not get it. if he thinks IV is scummy, why is he voting Ydrasse?

i still cant think of an explanation for it honestly for any alignment

I am seriously considering the possibility that midway never intended for people to join him on Ydrasse and that credit grabbing at the end was him trying to salvage something from her death. Previously i had thought he was much more directly responsible for getting her killed but he really only pushed her when she wasnt under elimination pressure. but he makes it out like he did afterwards

Still though he might be town I guess because it was still a somewhat bold move to distance his partner early, just significantly less bold than i was thinking

anyway this has been me rambling at 5 am let me know if im more enlightened than before or if I just took a huge step backwards. I may completely change my mind tomorrow but i feel compelled to leave this here so i dont forget what I've been thinking abt thru the reread
^ this was a pretty strong midway question, basically undermining the whole read of his place on the ydrasse wagon that was his best town-proof, then you decide you won't ever double check anyways:
In post 901, Fidget wrote:For the record I 100% leave midway in the townbin and do not reevaluate him ever as scum. I also wouldnt talk nearly as much and although I would effort decently, itd be in a much smaller amount of posts

That's okay though I feel sort of confident my pool of 2 is correct, meaning I have a 50/50 off the bat

i just think that's a weird progression. if midway is 100% town then i don't get the progression that bothers to dissect it, or if not that then the moment where you decide "never mind, midway has to be town anyways"
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

actually this argument is kinda pointless, i don't really disagree with your last posts enough about optimal launch strategy and arguing about how hard you read midway doesn't do it for me anymore
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Fidget »

I believe I already mentioned, but the Kerset post calling us all bad made me want to think about it more. It felt really genuine to me and I wondered if I was in the wrong on midway.

To an extent, I was wrong. But yeah, i still think mid is town. My opinion on Kerset shifted as a result of that though

pedit: Yeah idk where we're going with this
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 962, Kerset wrote:
What is the deal with this phasing? That basically just means puppy and r2r. Its obvious that midway doesn't vote for himself.
I missed this

I don't see the issue with the phrasing really. I was under the impression no one but you suspects Kerset
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 973, Fidget wrote:
In post 962, Kerset wrote:
I missed this

I don't see the issue with the phrasing really. I was under the impression no one but you suspects midway