In post 470, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 467, Frogsterking wrote:Here I cleaned it up:
----
Town Experienced: shelly, 720, PLUS, Echo

Town Inexperienced: Noraa

Null:
Nikahang, Sceptorus, Sirius

----
I'm mostly interested in voting the player's names who in the null category because they've done the least for town and are easiest for the mafia to hide in. Nikahang and Sirius are also arguably being anti town.
I mentioned this before, but sirius is a Se slot, which makes it all the more odd to me.
I wouldn't say I'm handing out town passes. Sometimes the scum are able to successfully blend in with the town, and recognizing when they're doing that successfully is critical to scum hunting. I think that either that's what's going on or the opposite; the scum are not trying and are blending in with the lurkers. I'm willing to give the townie players the benefit of the doubt until I have reason to think otherwise.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I remember seeing sirius's name pop up before in the newbie lobby. I'm not sure if he's completed any games though.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Noraa »

I think he is an se tho since he's playing two newbie games at the same time and I remember noobs r only allowed to enter one game otherwise I would've done a few more
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:26 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

I'm not 100% but I think you can do a newbie slot for 5 games. To be in a SE slot you need 5 games and at least 1 non newbie game.

But you can play multiple games if you have at least 1 game done
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Noraa »

T^T then I don't qualify anyways
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Noraa »

unless marathon games count. ok now I'll shut up before someone says I'm fluffposting or whatever lol
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:19 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 442, PlusJOYED wrote:gonna take a break and try to calm down.

It feels like I'm the only one trying to push the game forward and shelly is just copying what I say and projecting it onto me and the town is buying it. You weren't the first person to vote me, don't lie to me. It's getting to a point where I don't think I can work together with a town!shelly to solve anymore. I'm starting to think they are so worried about getting elimed they want to copy what echo and others have said and shift towards me to survive.
i respect that you wanted to take a break and calm down, but I don't see why it was necessary... town!plus should just be like "yeah fuck you i'll be fine i won't die if i do that's their loss damn what a shame"
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:26 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 451, PlusJOYED wrote:That wall is largely just my playstyle here. You're doing exactly the same thing you did in hedgehogs: you notice another player going against me (in this case echo and sirius) and saw that I looked scummy enough so you made a fake case of me being scummy so you get the elim.
i.hate.meta.

i'm not just calling you out for this, there's been a ton of people doing it in this game. this is just the one that I noticed when i was ready to say something

i hate meta dives
i hate meta dives
i hate meta dives
don't scum read someone because of their meta
i hate meta dives
i hate meta dives
i hate meta dives
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:32 am

Post by EchoVision »

UNVOTE:
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:41 am

Post by EchoVision »

we have two days left, I'm comfortable voting within: {shelly, plus, sirius, sceptorus, nika} in no particular order.

idk if plus can ever be town in my eyes at this point
shelly was fine but idk wasn't a fan of the push on plus it seemed rather aggressive as opposed to effective i guess?
sirius sceptorus and nika are all inactive to the point that they're hurting town...
i can't suggest that they replace out but i'ma say i wouldn't hate it if there were three different players in the game
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 481, EchoVision wrote:
In post 442, PlusJOYED wrote:gonna take a break and try to calm down.

It feels like I'm the only one trying to push the game forward and shelly is just copying what I say and projecting it onto me and the town is buying it. You weren't the first person to vote me, don't lie to me. It's getting to a point where I don't think I can work together with a town!shelly to solve anymore. I'm starting to think they are so worried about getting elimed they want to copy what echo and others have said and shift towards me to survive.
i respect that you wanted to take a break and calm down, but I don't see why it was necessary... town!plus should just be like "yeah fuck you i'll be fine i won't die if i do that's their loss damn what a shame"
Plus is a fellow noobie so I'll put a few words in for him(yes I'm fucking biased as hell). Plus came in middle of d1 and gave a bunch of strong opinions immediately. I can see why people would scumread him either because they don't agree, or he seems overly confident, or whatever. But also I feel like he must feel pretty targeted at this moment cuz he seems like he seriously wants to help town but people are all sus of him. I still tr him but if he really is scum, imma feel stupid when this game ends :cry:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I still think voting between sirius, Nika, and sceptorus is the right decision.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, even if you don't celebrate Father's Day today! :D
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 487, 72offsuit wrote:Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, even if you don't celebrate Father's Day today! :D
Ours is in June lol but if ur a father, then happy fathers day :]
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 472, Noraa wrote:HOLD TF UP
sirius is an se?!
SE just means you have played a few newbie games, along with a game outside the newbie queue. It doesn't turn you into Sherlock Holmes.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 463, Frogsterking wrote:Yeah I was about to get annoyed 72o because you came off all strong in the start then disappeared but it makes sense to me that school started for you this week, I live in a college town so I've experienced that vicariously through them.

I also have good and bad news for you guys, and the same news is both, I'm town reading 72o, PLUS, and shelly in addition to Noraa and Echo from before. Here's how I picture this game, in no particular order:

Town Inexperienced: Noraa, Sirius

Null:
Nikahang
Sceptorus

Null Inexperienced:
Sirius

I'm mostly interested in voting the player's names who are above me because as mafia it's easiest for them to hide in these roles and overall the three above have done the least for town.
I live in Melbourne, Australia. I've just had a tiring 6-day week and had stuff to organise for Father's Day.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

The lack of scumleans/scumreads is concerning ^
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 490, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 463, Frogsterking wrote:Yeah I was about to get annoyed 72o because you came off all strong in the start then disappeared but it makes sense to me that school started for you this week, I live in a college town so I've experienced that vicariously through them.

I also have good and bad news for you guys, and the same news is both, I'm town reading 72o, PLUS, and shelly in addition to Noraa and Echo from before. Here's how I picture this game, in no particular order:

Town Inexperienced: Noraa, Sirius

Null:
Nikahang
Sceptorus

Null Inexperienced:
Sirius

I'm mostly interested in voting the player's names who are above me because as mafia it's easiest for them to hide in these roles and overall the three above have done the least for town.
I live in Melbourne, Australia. I've just had a tiring 6-day week and had stuff to organise for Father's Day.
Oooo cool I only have one online friend in Australia. week's been meh for me but its Labor Day weekend so that means long weekend for mee:cool:
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I haven't done a VC in a bit, sorry was at a party last night. Will get that asap.

Sceptorus has been replaced for not responding to their prod.
Nikahang has been prodded for 3rd time and thus is being replaced.
Tactical Lurker
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by EchoVision »

thank fuck
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 484, EchoVision wrote:shelly was fine but idk wasn't a fan of the push on plus it seemed rather aggressive as opposed to effective i guess?
what do you mean it wasn't effective? because it was very effective. I made them explain their actions and they have started to generate original content, so I can judge them better.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

VC 1.11
shellyc (3)
- Sceptorus,72offsuit, Nikahang
72offsuit (2)
- Noraa, PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED (2)
- shellyc, Sirius9121
Nikahang (1)
- Frogsterking

Not Voting (1)
- EchoVision

With 9 unfortunate souls alive, you need 5 votes to eliminate.

shellyc is at E-2

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-09-08 12:00:00)

Let me know if there are any errors
Tactical Lurker
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 468, Frogsterking wrote:Check the chart after I cleaned it up a little bit. I'm not really seeing any players being scummy, I'm seeing a lot of scum hunting actually. Did you read the article on active lurking?
1. nikahang is getting replaced
2. sirius I'm more leaning town about actually. Scum wouldn't play jester-style imo and they're just being a VI here
3. sceptorus has been producing almost 0 content and agreed with the views by others, scummier at the moment

im kinda concerned by you saying "not really seeing players being scummy" because I am still banking on PlusJoy scum here. 72offsuit hasn't really taken a turn for the better after I cased him.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Scummy - Replaces in with an RVS vote, not caring whether RVS has been broken or if a player was at Kick-1 already.

Scummy – Rhetorical question. Newbie scum tend to find it hard to act natural. Rhetorical questions are an easy way to feign emotions – eg frustration
The question also feels like !scumPlus hoping someone answers no, and will join Plus in SRing !townSirius

Scummy – Feels like a forced, non-genuine post

and 116 – “Id like to put more pressure” on Sirius, but I’ll also provide him a defence “it might have been an honest mistake” – It’s not pressure when you give the player an out. It doesn’t feel consistent with a townie trying probe and set traps for scum to fall into.

– Inconsistency: Wants to question Echo, despite “everything else they did is pretty townie”
Grilling someone over a post, whilst telling them you townread them isn’t going to pressure !scumEcho into saying something scummy. Another instance of what feels like Plus’ words not marrying up with his intentions

– Reads list: “Subject to change, but for now”… over-explainy, suggests a defensive and guilty scum-mindset. Like Shelly has stated, reads list is extremely unoriginal and low-hanging fruit - scumreads lurkers and townreads active players.

- Responds to my , Answers my point against him regarding his “no comment” (defends himself against me saying this was scummy), but ignores my questions about frog and in what way I have been opportunistic (queries relating to alignment-solving).

Scummy ++
Why does it make no sense to go for a solve? Discouraging players from solving the game is scummy.
I’ve done it before on day 1: Newbie 1987, in post 386
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=725

– Sounds like scum rueing a missed opportunity – I don’t see why town regrets what behaviour or what post they made earlier – town’s goal is to find and kick scum, not be concerned with how they appear to others.

– “I'm not sure if sceptorous and niaking are newbie scum because they don't know what to say and are worried about being found out, or if they are just aparhetic townies” … Fence sitting

– “I dislike this logic even though it is probably correct since it makes me look scummy and that interferes with my LAMIST” … guilty mindset yet again … town’s goal is to find and kick scum, not be concerned with how they appear to others.

– “what makes you think we can't both be townies? Just gut feeling?” 225 – Scum rueing the fact they aren’t being townread

UNVOTE: Shellyc

VOTE: PlusJOYED ,
now at K-2
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

*SE-hat on*

@ Shelly, I think this post is something you would benefit from reading through and mulling over if you are town:

It's by word321 in newbie game 2022 in post-game feedback that succinctly articulates what I think of your slot this game

As for the feedback, I think that Ive already said everything I could say to the scum team on the last day, I guess; nothing else comes to mind
And for the rest, Id say to have an eye on objectives behind actions, or try to guess what ppl r trying to acomplish, more than direct "tells" like acting like scum; scum actively tries to play like town; what differs is in the intention behind actions more than actions.
Oc, take everything I say with a grain of salt, but I hope it helps a lil bit at least.