EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:59 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 553, shellyc wrote:Thank you PlusJoy for outing yourself. I'm doctor.

1. you never crumbed your role
2. you claimed at the worst time
3. doctor is impossible to be with TFN
you've said this every message in the past 10 messaages
1. who crumbs their role, especially in a newbie game
the only time i've ever crumbed was when i was scum trying to set up and be like "oh yeah i crumbed it earlier bro it's gotta be my role"

2. YOU TOLD HIM TO CLAIM WHY WOULDN'T HE HE WAS SCARED FOR HIS LIFE AFTER I TOLD EVERYONE TO LEAVE HIM ALONE FOR A WHILE

3. we understand that you've said it four times
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Redados »

In post 649, Noraa wrote:an hour? dude u can expect no one to post in an hour...
What? no, just no one hammer until I dump all my thoughts please. People can continue to post lol
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 651, Redados wrote:
In post 649, Noraa wrote:an hour? dude u can expect no one to post in an hour...
What? no, just no one hammer until I dump all my thoughts please. People can continue to post lol
oh lmaoo got it
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Noraa »

What is crumbing? also what's (self)meta? I can't find definitions for these in the abbreviations wiki doc :(
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Redados »

In post 18, Sceptorus wrote:
In post 15, shellyc wrote:
In post 14, Sceptorus wrote:I shot myself once after reading that name ngl

/\/\@f1@9001\1554yvv|-|A+
Non-voting post. Interesting. Sceptorus,
WH
y do you elect not to st
A
rt off by vo
T
ing during RVS?
/\/\@f1@ = Mafia
9001\15 = goons
54y = say
vv|-|A+ = what
found one scum, now you can claim who your partner is to make this quicker.
VOTE: shellyc

(yeah i know this wasnt the best execution for this joke but I WAS GETTING IMPATIENT DAMNIT)
This borders on cryptography and I don't like it. I know this is my slot, so shame on me/my slot.
In post 129, 72offsuit wrote: Shelly's tone just feels off to me.
Possibly the cheesiest scumtell is shelly's posts just feel really stilted and comma punctuation anal. Like trying not to put a letter wrong. Feels like scum being careful and calculating. I get that it may just be player posting style but I dont think so.
it’s just player posting style. Shelly is really easy to scumread.

The multiple Echovision votes for Shelly were funny. That made me chuckle.
In post 209, PlusJOYED wrote: Hey now, I'm trying to solve here, and shelly just agreeing with me on most posts is why I don't townread them yet
I’m kind of annoyed that you’re trying to solve this few pages into the game.
In post 212, EchoVision wrote:i do it when catching up too, it's just easier for me to get my thoughts right off as i read something

just like this
I agree with this.
In post 225, PlusJOYED wrote:^ This. I skimmed before and that's was what stood out the most. But, like echo said, he didn't tell you how to vote yet and echo has been towm lean throughout so it's probably nothing, I just wanted to call him out on it. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have called him out so scum echo would think he's safe to keep pocketing noraa but it's whatever, I'm still a newbie too.

I think most of us agree that 720's accusation logic doesn't make much sense, but the question now is that if it was just made up stuff to push a scum!720 narrative of me and shellyc being the scumteam, and wanting to wagon us, or was it genuinely a newbie town!720 thought process?

May be a little too early to call, but a 720 and shelly team doesn't seem feasible but I could see them both as townies. So if 720 flips scum I think shellyc is town, and vice versa.
You're trying too hard to solve and we're only like ten pages in. I don't like this.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Redados »

In post 653, Noraa wrote:What is crumbing? also what's (self)meta? I can't find definitions for these in the abbreviations wiki doc :(
Crumbing is when you say stuff that you can point back to prove your point. Like if on Day One I say "hey, neighbor" and then on day four I quote it and say, see, I was crumbing the role Town Friendly Neighbor
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:04 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 558, PlusJOYED wrote:doctor is impossible with TFN, but town make sure you hang shelly tomorrow if you decide to elim me today and I flip TFN
i'm really curious as to why this interaction happened from either side
plus didn't have to claim, it was somebody with no power against him that requested it after i specifically said to leave plus the fuck alone for now
shelly didn't have to counterclaim, it would've been so easy to say "oh yeah okay if nobody gets a pm tonight then we lynch that bitch weed tomorrow and we hunt for his buddy right now let's go town woo go team"

in what situation here does mafia win?
regardless of the outcome, day 3 there will be one mafia left, and a PR dead
if it's a friendly neighbor oh well
if it's a doctor well that fuckin sucks especially as the day continues

yall are giving me chest pains

pedit: crumbing is https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Breadcrumb
you like give little hints as to what your role is so you have it to fall back on later
it's fucking stupid and nobody does it unless they're scum and even then eh
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 650, EchoVision wrote:
In post 553, shellyc wrote:Thank you PlusJoy for outing yourself. I'm doctor.

1. you never crumbed your role
2. you claimed at the worst time
3. doctor is impossible to be with TFN
you've said this every message in the past 10 messaages
1. who crumbs their role, especially in a newbie game
the only time i've ever crumbed was when i was scum trying to set up and be like "oh yeah i crumbed it earlier bro it's gotta be my role"

2. YOU TOLD HIM TO CLAIM WHY WOULDN'T HE HE WAS SCARED FOR HIS LIFE AFTER I TOLD EVERYONE TO LEAVE HIM ALONE FOR A WHILE

3. we understand that you've said it four times
ouch but I see some decent points here. I currently tr shelly though bc its true that if shelly was scum, she wouldn't out herself this early. So that means she's town
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 560, shellyc wrote:I know there is a Cop or Tracker in the game. They'll prove me right.
NO THEY SHOULD FUCKING NOT WHY ARE YOU ASKING FOR A THIRD FUCKING PR CLAIM ON DAY ONE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU STOP TYPING
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Redados »

In post 653, Noraa wrote:What is crumbing? also what's (self)meta? I can't find definitions for these in the abbreviations wiki doc :(
Self-meta is when you say, "this is how I act when I am town. When I am scum I do
x
instead. Here, you can read my scumgame and my towngame to prove it."
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 560, shellyc wrote:I know there is a Cop or Tracker in the game. They'll prove me right.
if this is town this is one of the worst posts i've ever read
if this is scum this is one of the worst posts i've ever read
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 655, Redados wrote:
Crumbing is when you say stuff that you can point back to prove your point. Like if on Day One I say "hey, neighbor" and then on day four I quote it and say, see, I was crumbing the role Town Friendly Neighbor
that's sounds stupid af
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 564, Noraa wrote:
Thats true if u have a partner ig they can technically prove ur real but what if shelly is town claiming a pr bc she wants to eliminate plus who she is certain is scum? if that's a really stupid suggestion, just pretend I didn't say it. Or what if plus is town claiming a pr to not get eliminated? Huh maybe both are town? idk I want to say both are town but it does seem like that's prolly not the case :cry: :cry:
noooOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU GUYS ARE GONNA GIVE ME A STROKE

NOBODY ELSE CLAIM
I DIDN'T THINK I NEEDED TO SAY IT THAT LOUD

there's no way they claimed these pr's if they're vt
if they did they're throwing
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Noraa »

crumbing just sounds stupid and a scumtell almost
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Redados »

In post 661, Noraa wrote:
In post 655, Redados wrote:
that's sounds stupid af
sometimes you need it to make people believe you. it's risky though because if mafia catches on they'll just nightkill you. It's usually more subtle than that too, I was just giving an example.

It's not a scumtell :shifty:
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 662, EchoVision wrote:
In post 564, Noraa wrote:
Thats true if u have a partner ig they can technically prove ur real but what if shelly is town claiming a pr bc she wants to eliminate plus who she is certain is scum? if that's a really stupid suggestion, just pretend I didn't say it. Or what if plus is town claiming a pr to not get eliminated? Huh maybe both are town? idk I want to say both are town but it does seem like that's prolly not the case :cry: :cry:
noooOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU GUYS ARE GONNA GIVE ME A STROKE

NOBODY ELSE CLAIM
I DIDN'T THINK I NEEDED TO SAY IT THAT LOUD

there's no way they claimed these pr's if they're vt
if they did they're throwing
Dang echo is really pissed. Dude u missed the party. If u were on like an hour ago or something u could've told everyone to stfu
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:09 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 568, shellyc wrote:Who's your partner?

PlusJoy pocketed Noraa so they seem fairly town and PlusJoy would have insanely bussed 72offsuit if they were scum. Sirius also probs town for getting called out by plusjoy early on

I'm banking on Sceptorus or Frogster
"who's your partner" are you fucking kidding mee
jesus i hate my life
i'm gonna go shower i'm malding rn

since apparently it needs to be said loudly for everyone to hear

NOBODY CLAIM ANY ROLES
NOBODY HAMMER
IF YOU HAVE AN INSTINCT TO DO SOMETHING JUST DON'T DO IT
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 665, Noraa wrote: Dang echo is really pissed. Dude u missed the party. If u were on like an hour ago or something u could've told everyone to stfu
my join date was in 2016, i've played a fair bit of mafia
this is the dumbest interaction i've ever seen
i'm literally balding bc of it and i'm only 18
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 am

Post by EchoVision »

also i would've been on earlier but last night was a good night if you know what i'm saying so i slept in today lmao
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Redados »

In post 233, shellyc wrote:You're sheeping me again. The earlier posts I made were completely focused on calling out 72offsuit for poor logic, and now you sheep me that their logic doesn't make sense...
Shelly calling out sheeping lmao
In post 239, EchoVision wrote:you're treating it like you're the king of the world and everything that goes against you is wrong which is not true
Shelly acting like this is NAI, unfortunately.
In post 271, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 266, EchoVision wrote:
In post 257, Noraa wrote:Echo why do you want people to think ur scum? That seems like a townie thing to do but then at the same time a scum might do that to make themselves seem like a townie. Idk have mixed feelings now.
because i haven't done anything to appear as townie so why should people town read me...

imo i've done some on the fence stuff, no reason for people to not look into my slot more
You're basically an innocent child at this point, stop fighting it

hahahhaha it's a shame we have to lim Plusjoy because he is hilarious
In post 275, Noraa wrote:
In post 272, EchoVision wrote:and if everyone universally town reads me that means i'm dead tonight and i wanna play damnit i waited in queue for a week :(

I don't understand how this logic works...
the way I see it is that in a theoretically perfect world, players are read on a spectrum from town to scum. Each day, the scummiest player gets limmed. Each night, the towniest player gets killed. The mid-range players survive.

If scum get limmed, that really hurts their win condition. If townies get limmed, that really hurts their win condition. If townies get nightkilled, that doesn’t hurt their win condition as much as a mislim, because *someone* has to get nightkilled and they’ll always be a townie. So Echovision you’ve made your point, now drop it. Edit: PlusJOYED explained in post 278. And Echovision explained in post 280.
In post 283, Noraa wrote:I feel like no ones gonna get eliminated first day tho right? Like nothings certain so if someone dies day 1, that's just stupid
a mislim is better than a no lim, because day lims are our only way to kill scum. Otherwise, like Shelly said in 298 is true: we’re giving scum a free kill.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 666, EchoVision wrote:
In post 568, shellyc wrote:Who's your partner?

PlusJoy pocketed Noraa so they seem fairly town and PlusJoy would have insanely bussed 72offsuit if they were scum. Sirius also probs town for getting called out by plusjoy early on

I'm banking on Sceptorus or Frogster
"who's your partner" are you fucking kidding mee
jesus i hate my life
i'm gonna go shower i'm malding rn

since apparently it needs to be said loudly for everyone to hear

NOBODY CLAIM ANY ROLES
NOBODY HAMMER
IF YOU HAVE AN INSTINCT TO DO SOMETHING JUST DON'T DO IT
I feel like when I'm an SE I'll be the kind Echo is. In other words: get pissed when noobs r being stupid and get pissed when noobs r trying to be smart.
Ok i think from what I've seen so far, you think shelly is scum and plus is town...?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Redados »

In post 308, PlusJOYED wrote:@mod can we get a vote count please? I don't want to make that mistake again.
it’s not the mod’s fault if you don’t know what the votecount it. Frequent votecounts are a luxury and a courtesy. If you’re going to vote someone like that, go back to the last votecount and do your due diligence.
In post 310, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 309, shellyc wrote:
In post 303, PlusJOYED wrote:Regardless of either shelly gaslighting me or me being freaking crazy apparently, I'm a lil disappointed that froster backed off. 72o looked pretty scummy to me for reasons stated, so I wanted to put pressure on them to see their reaction. I'm not looking to quickhammer anyone here yet, as I stated from the begining. I just want to hunt scum and I feel like I'm being misconstrued here.

My prior readlist still stands.
This is more town but I still stand by my statement that plusjoy is sheeping
no u
LOL
In post 323, Nikahang wrote:
In post 312, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Nikahang has been prodded
VOTE: ShellNyc
nice
In post 324, Nikahang wrote:
In post 323, Nikahang wrote:
In post 312, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Nikahang has been prodded
VOTE: ShellNyc
VOTE: ShellYc
well this looks familiar
In post 333, Noraa wrote:also dang these emojis r kinda cute :P :mrgreen:
I respectfully disagree
In post 345, Noraa wrote:wait so lemme get this right day 1 there mostly likely wi be two dead in one day if both kills happen? If so nuuuu;( not cool not cool
Yep, that’s how it works! People have to die for the mafia to all get killed. It’s the name of the game.
In post 348, EchoVision wrote:
In post 342, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 337, shellyc wrote:Posting is good but that's an easy thing for scum to do to seem townie. I'm still having paranoia about PlusJoy and Noraa
Disagree. If they are scum lurking, they are probably newbies who have no idea of what to say and are afraid of being SR. If they start panicking that will reinforce this idea. So it's good to SR them right now so we can get info out of them no matter what their alignment is.

I'd imagine an apathetic townie doubling down on the lurk or put some effort into looking town.
i disagree

for newbie games, playing scum is fun and that's what you
want to do
. you get excited and all you think about is the game, so you come on and check constantly and play and have fun

i feel like it's semi-rare to see noob scum lurking, let alone 2
Is this AI? I haven’t been scum yet but what you describe is also how I have felt as noob!town.
In post 352, EchoVision wrote:alright well look i can't just type 349 up then
not
steal page top...

also since i have page top i can publicly say nika stop playing the game like an ass and do something please. you signed up and committed to this, don't ruin it for everybody else. if you've got stuff going on, that's a different thing but v/la's and stuff exist for a reason. if you're just not feelin the game or don't want to contribute, there are other things that you can do than not post, not read, and when you do post, just post non-content fillers so that you don't get replaced out.

p-edit fuck you guys you took my page top assholes
it’s their fault if you miss the pagetop. Pagetops are a luxury and a courtesy. If you’re going to try to get a pagetop, post faster.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 667, EchoVision wrote:
In post 665, Noraa wrote: Dang echo is really pissed. Dude u missed the party. If u were on like an hour ago or something u could've told everyone to stfu
my join date was in 2016, i've played a fair bit of mafia
this is the dumbest interaction i've ever seen
i'm literally balding bc of it and i'm only 18
AHAHA then we should feel accomplished for being the stupidest group of noobies u have ever seen :lol:
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Mundivore »

In post 646, EchoVision wrote:
In post 549, shellyc wrote:
In post 539, PlusJOYED wrote:Fuck.
I am the town friendly neighbor.
:(
dude next game don't claim TFN as scum

I'm YOUR TOWN DOCTOR EVERYONE
no this isn't on him, this is on you
why would you request a claim from someone that you can't hammer
why would you request a claim from someone that I TOLD EVERYONE NOT TO HAMMER
why would you request a claim from someone when there's TWO SLOTS BEING REPLACED
WHY

on top of that;
why would you counterclaim as such an important PR on DAY 1 when there's so many things that tell you not to
i just don't understand

why wouldn't you just wait for n1 and when nobody says "i received a PM saying that he was town" then we rock that shit
why would you claim doc
even if it's false
why

UNVOTE:
i fully intend to vote for shelly after this shit show went down
IDK I think CC'ing as Doctor to get a 100% scum kill is pretty worth it. Doctor is worth more than a townie, but on average Doctor doesn't usually get to save anyone. Doctor can turn the game with their night action, but using your role (by way of counterclaim) to 100% prove scum is better than the usual ceiling you get out of the night role (when you save someone you prove that they're town and give town an extra day of discussion). Saving two people is probably better than getting one scum (two town confirms plus one extra town kill), but I'd say Doctors don't generally get to do that on average. If I were in shelly's position, I'd do the same.
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Mundivore »

Do the same as far as counterclaiming, that is. Asking for the claim in the first place was admittedly quite bold.