Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: alch
Better wagon
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez! Newly updated!
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 129, Alchemist21 wrote:
I think it’s his schtick.
Mh. Not that I disagree, but considering it caught your attention enough to double down on that in it's a little bit anticlimactic. Oh well.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 132, SirCakez wrote: Talk to me about tris town
Rather subjective, firstly I don't like half the wagon on her (mainly Una, who is my second scumlean).

Also I don't think her play comes across like coming from a scum agenda. It feels like she genuinely doesn't care how she gets perceived by others and with her recent posts it looks more to me that there is an actual interest in figuring other players' stances out.

While it is to take with a grain of salt I also skimmed a few games after I looked into the game Mizzy linked and I thought it was noticeable that she was as scum more serious out of the gate while she is more loose as town. It's easy to manipulate, but with my overall impression I will just roll with the simple answer here.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 148, Datisi wrote: /shrug, your posts seemed enough effort which reminded me of the other game. though i'm not sure why you're bringing up waffling? i wasn't townreding you for that at any point, was i?
Ah, fair enough. No you weren't, people usually scumread me for that. I might have mistaken you with someone else then, maybe Andres? Doesn't matter anyway, the point is more that I feel the town points came a bit too easy for my liking. If it's just the effort, very well, might give it a pass, although I don't think this is a reliable tell.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 153, Testarossa wrote:
In post 148, Datisi wrote: /shrug, your posts seemed enough effort which reminded me of the other game. though i'm not sure why you're bringing up waffling? i wasn't townreding you for that at any point, was i?
Ah, fair enough. No you weren't, people usually scumread me for that. I might have mistaken you with someone else then, maybe Andres? Doesn't matter anyway, the point is more that I feel the town points came a bit too easy for my liking. If it's just the effort, very well, might give it a pass, although I don't think this is a reliable tell.
hmm, mind talking about this a bit more? like, if you think the townpoints came too easy, and you also don't think efforting is a reliable tell for you... why are you giving me a pass?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 122, Egix96 wrote:
In post 112, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 108, Testarossa wrote:
In post 78, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 76, EchoVision wrote:alc vote tris with us
Nah, don’t think I will.
Yeah. So what do you think of the wagon on tris? Are you town/null on tris and do you think the tris voters are legit with their votes? Why don't you want to go there?
I think it’s the kind of wagon that forms on people who
screw around
and people don’t get the joke. Tris’s behavior is probably more likely Town than scum. Will look closer at the voters when I’m not tired; right now all that stands out is the one person voting them 4 times.
I wouldn't really say that's what Tris was doing though, more like... flopping? Idk, I'm reluctant to call it flailing since I agree with your second sentence. If anything, it's Echo who was mucking about by spamvoting her.
You agree with my read but it doesn’t sound like your reason is the same, so what are you Townreading from Tris? Can you elaborate on why you Townread
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 154, Datisi wrote: hmm, mind talking about this a bit more? like, if you think the townpoints came too easy, and you also don't think efforting is a reliable tell for you... why are you giving me a pass?
Because I was going by the original assumption it was not or at least not just for the effort. If it's just for pure effort I think it might be comparable and you shouldn't really be aware of the latter (I don't have that much site meta), so considering your point of view I don't think it should be something that should be interpreted in your disfavour.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 121, Egix96 wrote:
In post 104, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 88, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 79, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well, we were both scum in that game, and you were in a hydra. I pushed posts made by you and your hydra partner and I got heated until I realized the posts were yours
oh, that game. I vaguely remember you being under a decent amount of suspicion and me, not so much. So you distanced from our slot as either a game strategy or as an attempt to make yourself look better. I also remember you as scum in another game that brought that game (coalition) as some form of proof for why you always find me scummy or something.
In post 8, Gamma Emerald wrote:We’re going to 1v1, let’s get it out of the way now
In post 11, Gamma Emerald wrote:I would have agreed with
that until that coalition game
So you are basically arguing the same thing here, no? Did you vote me so when I called bullshit on you you could argue that I'm "OMGUS" scum reading you? b/c that's what it sorta seems like.
My memory is I pushed you to try to look townier but it ended up being a super helpful distancing play because everyone ended up thinking I wouldn't do that sort of tunnel to a scumbuddy. And in that other game (the 40p D&D theme game) I did use it as a way to try to deflect your read on me, but here I just felt like making a joke about it. I think the fact you're picking up these sorts of things is actually a point in favor of you being town rn.
It was a joke? I find that surprising.

Why would Nero be less likely to make such observations as scum?
I think he's thinking harder about it, which points to being town
like scum probably posts something similar but without the thought of it showing
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 134, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 104, Gamma Emerald wrote:but here I just felt like making a joke about it.
sorta makes me think this wasn't a joke.

but also
In post 82, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: echovision
Serious vote of my own.
you aren't using your words so either you are scum that's pretending like they are doing things by throwing down a forceful naked vote or you are massively unhelpful town.
I was joking about it because I wanted to move past it
And like, I was trying to pressure EV to not be rando but that didn't work it seems
still feel like voting there since I don't really know why EV is doing what he's doing and it's not a thing that I can see waved away by a "weird =/= scum" line
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 141, Alchemist21 wrote:^Does Iconeum usually lurk as scum? Or is that just a general lurkadurp scumread?
I think I just had a game with scum him where he was rather quiet until pressed on it
He says he has weekend V/LA but it's not the weekend so that's not an excuse rn

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I think I had one game with scum Ico. I’ll check, thry might have been on the lower end of the post count then too. I don’t remember having them labelled in my head as a lurker, but I glossed over all their posts too.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Ok the game I was thinking of they were Town. If there was another game I can’t remember which one. Their posts there average out to only 2 or 3 each rl day but they did post a lot at the start.

The game I’m referencing: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=79422

Yeah I think this is a good first wagon.

VOTE: Iconeum

VOTE:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'll walk alongside you on that

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by tris »

In post 148, Datisi wrote:right, this is a game that exists.
In post 119, tris wrote:
In post 118, Datisi wrote:- my vote on tris wasn't serious at first and i am brushing off the whole joke/non-joke thing as weird NAI banter, but i actively dislike , the "oh you're scum and you know they're town" just feels like a very shady and frankly dumb argument
the first part of your sentence there is actually +town for me. I like how you decided to made a vote just to engage in the wagon. seems like a town thing to do.
the second part: what's so shady about that? it seemed like a stretch to me that mizzy's posts indicated town in any way. it made me think you might be biased by the fact that you already know they're town. you could even be scum fabricating a town read on a partner. either way, the bottom line is, the townread felt contrived.
i'm not sure what you mean by the first bit, what is supposed to be +town for you? the joke/non-joke thing? also, i kinda get the feeling that the "seems like a town thing to do" ws sarcastic, am i right?
oh sorry, i probably worded that confusingly. i was trying to say that the first part of that sentence was +town points towards you. when i said for me, i meant like from my perspective. and, no it was not sarcastic. it's 100% genuine. not that it cancels out my scum read. i'll just have to weigh these things.
iunno, it's just the "early reads seem tmi" is kinda like a pretty easy stance to take, especially since you didn't bother to ask me anything about it.
i just don't see how mizzy was being town. it all seemed pretty normal stuff.
i would think that criticizing it is an indirect way of asking about it. and i did ask a question before that. do you want to explain the read more?
if i told you that giving early reads is actually +town for me, does that change you opinion in any way?
not really, i'm not attacking you for having an early read.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by tris »

In post 161, Alchemist21 wrote:Ok the game I was thinking of they were Town. If there was another game I can’t remember which one. Their posts there average out to only 2 or 3 each rl day but they did post a lot at the start.

The game I’m referencing: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=79422

VOTE:
huh? so, you found a game where iconeum was inactive as town, and one where he was inactive as scum, and your conclusion is that he's scum for being inactive?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 152, Testarossa wrote:
In post 132, SirCakez wrote: Talk to me about tris town
Rather subjective, firstly I don't like half the wagon on her (mainly Una, who is my second scumlean).

Also I don't think her play comes across like coming from a scum agenda. It feels like she genuinely doesn't care how she gets perceived by others and with her recent posts it looks more to me that there is an actual interest in figuring other players' stances out.

While it is to take with a grain of salt I also skimmed a few games after I looked into the game Mizzy linked and I thought it was noticeable that she was as scum more serious out of the gate while she is more loose as town. It's easy to manipulate, but with my overall impression I will just roll with the simple answer here.
I can buy this. Tris doubling down on her weirdness here as scum doesn't make sense.
In post 161, Alchemist21 wrote:Ok the game I was thinking of they were Town. If there was another game I can’t remember which one. Their posts there average out to only 2 or 3 each rl day but they did post a lot at the start.

VOTE:
Starting a wagon on a player who is MIA nice
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 164, tris wrote:iconeum was inactive as town
Did you actually read the part of my post where I said Iconeum posted a lot at the start of the Town game?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 165, SirCakez wrote:Starting a wagon on a player who is MIA nice
It's a good place to start.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by tris »

oh ok i see
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by SirCakez »

What do you think you are gonna get out of wagoning someone who is not here
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Unless they replace out Iconeum will react to it when they do start posting.

If Iconeum does replace out, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Iconeum »

what the actual fuck
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.