Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Plus’ entire progression on Pooky/Isis was really surfacey and I could very possibly see him and Tayl0r as partners but I feel a lot less confident on him than Tayl0r but I townread everyone else more than those two but the difference between this games and other games of plus I ISO’d are far less clear than with Tayl0r. So plus has greater misexecute equity than Tayl0r based off of that.
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Isis »

I find plus tough, there is a little bit of threads of what feels like possibly genuine paranoia that makes me think maybe town. Aside from the slip or notslip
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1101, Isis wrote:I find plus tough, there is a little bit of threads of what feels like possibly genuine paranoia that makes me think maybe town. Aside from the slip or notslip
Yeah, that’s why I’m a lot less sure on him especially after ISOing a few of his games but Tayl0r’s otoh is dramatically different and the so-called “dumbtell” Kanna mentioned was totally NAI because of what Hectic said about scum being as much in the dark as town is. So plus’ could possibly be town indicative if true, where that is clearly not the case for Tayl0r’s. No reason at all, scum couldn’t have made that post, so definitely not a dumbtell in any case.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 592, Tayl0r Swift wrote:my vote was essentially random. i did not have a good grasp on the game but didnt think there would be significant implications for the post-restriction stage of the game. i did assume there would be some mechanic for letting at least some players post, and wanted to get to that stage as quickly as possible. dunno why everyone sheeped me, but i had no real reason to unvote.
In post 665, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so in day 1.1 we selected pooky but then we also selected me (there was one vote on me and then the phase ended). afaik nothing happened to me. does anyone have an explanation for what happened there?
In post 922, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i was barking because there was a cat. that is all.
In post 956, Tayl0r Swift wrote:uh that was some awful formatting on my part
was the largest wagon on a cat?
If she starts actually doing something I’ll reconsider but we are no longer in the post-restriction stage, so I don’t buy her not having any thoughts on either Pooky/Isis or anything else about this game.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 1077, Isis wrote:song

a.

b.

why are the stars dancing?
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Isis »

shiki made me a mixtape
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 969, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 956, Tayl0r Swift wrote:uh that was some awful formatting on my part
was the largest wagon on a cat?
yeah, it was i believe? isis was at some point a cat.
if it was on a cat then thats why i voted there. if not im not really sure. i really really didnt put thought into that phase of the game.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 974, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 950, Hectic wrote:
Votecount 1.15

[1] Isis:
PlusJOYED
[0] PookyTheMagicalBear:

[8] Not Voting:
Isis, PookyTheMagicalBear, Kanna, Ydrasse, Tayl0r Swift, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to execute.
The deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-20 19:59:58).

Hey guys, what are we going to do if I’m right - which I think I am - on both Pooky/Isis being town? Like how do we even decide this?

Few things less fun then deciding which probable townie to whack. If there was ever a good time for a no execurz, this would obviously be it but unfortunately that isn’t an option.:/
is a no-lunch an option? would we want to take it? flips are better than no-flips right? do we decide on info? or maybe everyone just breaks the law and votes me, and ill be the sacrificial lamb and we can laugh and point at hectic as his sham "mechanics" are replaced with proper fun rules, where we do whatever we want and ignore hectic.

at least part of this post was serious.
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Hmm
"Well, I..."
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 979, Kanna wrote:i also feel like plus/taylor have possibly dumbtold and there's a lot of dumbtelling that i don't believe all of it is legit. but that's something else
its not really dumbtelling if its just not efforting is it?
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Isis »

I think this is scum but I wish I knew it was scum the way Loki seems to
"Well, I..."
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 997, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 196, Hectic wrote:
As the tiger and cheetah stare each other down, a faint growl emanates through and pierces the tense silence. The tiger frowns and after giving the cheetah one more look of disapproval, turns away to investigate the sound. He soon finds the source of it.

Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]
This Milktank looks like he means business. He uses a
Defence Curl
, seemingly readying himself for the tiger's attack.
The Tiger
ROARS
, hoping to lower Miltank's defence. Little does he know, the Milktank has plans of his own. The Milktank uses what looks like the start of a
Tackle
, and the tiger begins to roll his eyes, but midway through, it quickly transitions into a
Meteor Assault

Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]
The tiger is launched far into the air and is sent straight down into a large cage lying in the centre of the Menagerie. The tiger is trapped, and has been condemned.

Votecount 1.7

[5] PookyTheMagicalBear:
drusilla, Isis
, Kanna, Loki Dokie, Not_Mafia
HAMMER

[1] PlusJOYED:
Ydrasse
[1] Tayl0r Swift:
PlusJOYED
[1] Isis:
Tayl0r Swift
[1] Loki Dokie:
PookyTheMagicalBear

[0] Not Voting:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to condemn someone. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to condemn.
The condemning deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-14 21:09:12).
In post 350, Hectic wrote:
Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]
The dragon swishes through the air, showing off her fantastic wings. She is completely unaware of what is to come.
The elephant, dolphin, rat, snow leopard, and cat all look at each other solemnly and nod.

Without warning, the elephant
TOOTS
his horn, giving the signal to the snow leopard to leap gracefully into the sky. The cat riding the snow leopard's back launches herself off as the leopard reaches the peak of her jump, closing the gap further between herself and the dragon. As the cat hits even greater heights, finally, the rat springs off her back, and makes a perfect landing onto the dragon's back. The dragon
RUMBLES
in rage, but it is too late.
The rat scampers straight into her ear, and sends her into a panic. The dolphin
clicks
and she plummets towards the sound in confusion and crashes straight into the pool of water inside the cage. The cage locks shut, sealing her in, as the rat quickly and stealthily makes his escape, easily fitting inbetween the bars.

Operation Dunk the Dragon was successful, and Miso the Dragon has been condemned.

Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]

Votecount 1.12

[5] Isis:
Tayl0r Swift, PookyTheMagicalBear, PlusJOYED, Kanna, Ydrasse
HAMMER

[2] PlusJOYED:
Isis, drusilla

[2] Not Voting:
Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to condemn someone. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to condemn.
The condemning deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-16 07:18:42).
I have a spicy theory that possibly scum set it up that we have to choose between two townies and are trying to position around that.

@Kanna, if you think Dru might be scum here, the VCAs clearly show, she is extremely unlikely to ever be scum with Isis, because they voted together not once but
twice
and scum is extremely unlikely to do that.
i was actually just thinking that VCA might be interesting. im new, so i could be way off base. but my thinking is that the first wagon is more likely to be scum-driven, because it took longer to develop. the second wagon was so fast that scum couldnt have gotten organized re getting on the wagon, and so scum is less likely to be there. so we should look particularly at people who were on the first and off the second wagon. thats drusilla and isis. i think we can disregard the NM hammer. i almost think scum could easily get away with voting together because they could easily play it off as "sheeping strong townread!!!" which is impossible to deny because post restriction.

interesting side note: everyone was on either one wagon or the other, except Kanna, who was on both.

newbie question: do post restrictions apply in PTs (namely, the scum PT)? Also please dont read into this as dumbtelling or towntelling.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hi, uh, haven't felt great so sorry for my absence here.

it's also shitty when i want to vote outside of the current people nommed and i don't have a choice and other than how i suggested some time ago i don't have a good metric to choose which one to vote. and that metric is more subjective to wifom than other ones. so there's that.

i have a hard time reconciling the idea of 'random voting'/gimmick voting when there was some thought put into the game from taylor — they made an assumption about how the game would play out, had an idea of where they wanted the game to progress to, and then did something that went against that. a repetition of 'i'm not sure/i didn't put thought in' etc is shitty too, but moreso because taylor hasn't tried to do anything today, too, and we're running out of time. like, we have 1107 toying around with the idea of no-elim but that is something to bring up way before now to talk about.

p-edit: okay well apparently we are getting down to the wire today with our content.

taylor, why did you do this to me.
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

okay.

*deep breath*
- - - -
won
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

why can we disregard the n_m hammer?
- - - -
won
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

that's the easiest question to ask imo and also this is the only thing i think that can help me sort all of n_m and the 10 posts from that slot.
- - - -
won
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

like, in reality if this is t/t, isn't the easiest thing to do is tie yourself to it all as little as possible?

a hammer, sure, but that can be seen as Fun and Quirky or whatever, but then there's just... nothing, no second wagon just let people scramble to form it, and then don't do anything after. you can't build any associations in pushing one person over the other/agreeing with a partner (whether it's t/s or t/t)/etc if you just... let everyone else do their thing.
- - - -
won
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1073, Kanna wrote:
In post 665, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so in day 1.1 we selected pooky but then we also selected me (there was one vote on me and then the phase ended). afaik nothing happened to me. does anyone have an explanation for what happened there?
this is what i mean by dumbtelling from taylor btw. it seems v unlikely she thought something would happen to her when she got one vote
but the phase ended and there was flavor when i got the one vote. we still havent talked about why.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also, just in case we do end up reverting to our animal-only forms for the nomination phase, i'll quote whoever did the big post with their noises and translate it into my own.
- - - -
won
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1082, Loki Dokie wrote:https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12098736

Tayl0r Swift towngame. Look at how extremely engaged and solvey she’s being in that game, where she has done absolutely nothing in this one.
a) that was a marathon game. b) you have no scumgames to compare to. in scumgames i can always get involved and active. some towngames just dont pique my interest. i think the more i get scumread the more involved i get as town. as scum i can always be engaged. since i have no completed non-marathon games on this site and no completed scumgames of any sort ill thank you to take meta with a large pinch of salt.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1081, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1073, Kanna wrote:
this is what i mean by dumbtelling from taylor btw. it seems v unlikely she thought something would happen to her when she got one vote
Well, I don’t like that she initially said her vote was “random” and later when it was pointed out thatshe never voted for anyone but Isis, it’s because she’s a cat, so NOT random plus she hasn’t made a single read or done any solving since we’ve been allowed to use words.

I like Ydrasse’s tone as well but NM doesn’t really look agenda-y, so I still lean to those two Tayl0r/plus). Another thing, maybe she was really excited to post adorable dog gifs but was unhappy about her alignment so she posted grotesque images instead? The fact is that she has done less solving than anyone else on the playerlist and why would she even think anything would happen to her with one vote? Also that’s not even a dumbtell, at best it’s NAI because of what Hectic posted about scum not knowing the setup. So. I’m not giving anyone any townreads unless they actually do something townie and until/unless she makes some reads, she hasn’t done anything to warrant a townread.
i feel like voting someone because theyre a cat is pretty RVS/random. random not as in bayesian randomness but as in not because of scummy reasons

also i prefer playing as scum. this is very reachy and bad.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1083, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1082, Loki Dokie wrote:https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12098736

Tayl0r Swift towngame. Look at how extremely engaged and solvey she’s being in that game, where she has done absolutely nothing in this one.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... B%5D=34760

Tayl0r Swift super obvtown in this one. Town!Tayl0r does things, she is extremely engaged and blatantly townie as town. I think I’m not wrong here that she got a red role PM in this game. People can make excuses for the post-restrictive stage but here we have a slot, who is playing 100% differently than in her towngames, so I think we’ve caught at least one scum in TS.
also these arent even proper mafia but secret hitler.
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Isis »

It's just flavor that acknowledges the vote. Actual game mechanics wouldn't be conveyed in flavor only.
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

taylor, do you have any scumgames anywhere that i could quickly skim over while im awake and here?
- - - -
won
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1090, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:her lack of commitment and detachment is very scum-indicative. Mafia usually do feel detached in these nomination scenarios when they do not have anything at stake.
i mean i might be less engaged in a low stakes phase like this as mafia but id be enjoying pulling strings