Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 am

Post by tris »

In post 571, tris wrote:i've actually been a less impressed with echo though, so maybe i should switch there.
actually nvm on this. i don't think he's playing like scum
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 573, Gamma Emerald wrote:Plus I still think even if it's not a full-on townslip the 4 scum thing is like so wacky I doubt it's a scumpost
but does a 2016 join date think that a 12 player game would ever have 4 scum in it?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:01 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 563, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 523, EchoVision wrote:VOTE: skitter
VOTE: skitter
Think she's trying to position herself tactically here
stop sheeping and pocketing me
VOTE: gamma
that's l-1
thank u have a good night
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 558, Nero Cain wrote:if History holds up (and she's town) she has 1 correct early scum read (echo?) and then will tunnel town the rest of the game. I'm not so hot on your "and usually if my reads are ass backwards to skitt's,
that means she's town
and i'm wrong." Why are you wrong? What if she's wrong? What if she's just a Gamma buddy, which seems like a possibility to me?
i was just saying what's historically happened, in every game that skitt and i have been t/t, (1) i at least at some point thought she was scum and wanted to vote her, (2) our reads were completely different, with hers being much more accurate than mine. (and in one game where she was scum against town!me she pocketed me and it didn't end well.) like i didn't say "from this point onwards i am doing nothing but sheeping skitter with zero thoughts of my own"

pedit: i don't know how i feel about echo's vote on gamma, but "i don't know how i feel about this" is pretty much the only thoughts i have on echo this game

also hasn't the deadline been extended? tho idk what to
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:37 am

Post by EchoVision »

from my understanding it wasn't extended, it got paused while we looked for a replacement but now that we found a replacement it's un-paused
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 509, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
Skitter30 is replacing mizzytasic. The game clock is restarting
oh right, "restarting" doesn't mean "extra time is added", don't mind me

the search for the replacement lasted a bit less than 4 hours, so... eh, i guess.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Testarossa »

Welcome, skitter.

Can you give some insight why you consider Gamma as fairly townie?

Going by your big post I figure you have Alch in your scumpool. Why are you suggesting Nero over him and implying to flashwagon him? (unless it's really just due to not being up to date with the gamestate yet) I mean, if you really would like to vote outside Echo/Gamma a push on Alch would imo be the only one who has most likely have the chance to go through (imo still the scummiest slot).
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Testarossa »

In post 525, Iconeum wrote: what did you like?

the 'oh god oh god i'm doing jackshit this game, better get started' or the panicked 'omg ico y u no scumread me'

or smt else?
The former kind of, the latter nah. Eh, it's nothing of solid substance, more an intuitive thing. Like I think his lack of investment in this game looks genuine, but not like not invested scum. I have been playing with the thought if he was using these posts to soften up for joining the Gamma wagon in an easy way, but I thought him being critical of your progression on Gamma in the very next post shows to me like they are genuinely trying to look into that. Just feel there is no need to do that as scum.

Please respond to my if there is time.
In post 543, Datisi wrote: i am also also interested in what you're seeing in me tho
how much do you rely on meta with people you've played with before?
See above.
Otherwise I consider meta only as a supportive element to verify a tendency that I already have formed on a player or to make sense of remarkable early game behaviour (like NPOM last game or tris here). However I rely mostly on intuitive reads and so I do with people I have played with before. I can't really control when that kicks in, so I prefer to hold any bias from earlier games back until I have gotten a first grasp on a player. It's a bit different if I look at other people's perception of me though, because I try to look at it from their perspective.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

oh *do* go on

=
@nero:
In post 527, Nero Cain wrote:gamma wagon is a thing b/c he misreped the fuck out of cakes and he'd sorta active lurkishy and not doing things.
i'm not really sure what the misrep was (it is possible i missed it when i started skimming last night but the closest thing i see to that rn looking at his iso is and i'm not sure that's really a misrep)
disagree with the active lurking bit or that he's not doing things

227 just read as buddying to me. i can't really explain it.
In post 228, Nero Cain wrote:He's (Alch) also correct when he says that Ico can react to his wagon when he gets back.
i'm saying i disagree with this ^
a) wagoning someone who clearly isn't here so they can 'react to the wagon when they get back' is kinda a waste of time and wagoning because you can just ... wagon someone who actively is there, and then let the absent slot either get replaced, or if they return wagon them at that time. it's a silly waste imo because the person you're trying to get a reaction out of isn't even there to produce said reaction
b) i'm not sure ico (in particular) would even react super strongly upon returning to a wagon that formed on him while he was mia, because he was mia

=
In post 532, Iconeum wrote:i'm not sure that's a genuine townread skitter has, or because she's still reading earlier in the game. I townread gamma a bit at that point as well
i think his reaction to nero's push/spat thing on him was townie
he doesn't really seem to care about how his posts are being perceived (which i believe to be a townie trait), and is just posting whatever passes through his mind in the thread. like i think he's posting things that make *sense to him* even though they don't necessarily make sense to everyone else, and he doesn't care how everyone else thinks/feels about such things (i'm thinking of how he replaced his vote on ico)
wagon is kinda meh

=
In post 533, Datisi wrote:hi skitter!!

i read your thoughts on me and i feel obligated to defend myself by saying that in the game i recently modded, there was a lolhammer like 24 hours in which did Wonders for town (ico can confirm)

also if we were to go by my super secret way of reading skitter, she's town
hi hi hi !!!!
and ok fair enough that makes sense. still more subdued than i would expect tho
what's ur super secret way of reading me? (not sure i remember this from the last times we've played?)
In post 543, Datisi wrote:i know this is like... weird but can you give me tldr of what you liked about mizzy's posts back there?
random stream of consciousness looked p real
In post 543, Datisi wrote:skitt can you talk a bit about that
see above
=

egix feels very ~on the edge of things~ and i'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 553, Datisi wrote:and usually if my reads are ass backwards to skitt's, that means she's town and i'm wrong
this is a thing?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 555, Datisi wrote:alch/gamma have scum unless ico flips scum
i don't get the connection between alch/gamma and ico

(i'm apparently giving up on the long-posting, sorry cakes)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 558, Nero Cain wrote:if History holds up (and she's town) she has 1 correct early scum read (echo?) and then will tunnel town the rest of the game. I'm not so hot on your "and usually if my reads are ass backwards to skitt's,
that means she's town
and i'm wrong." Why are you wrong? What if she's wrong? What if she's just a Gamma buddy, which seems like a possibility to me?
a) i'm not sure i agree with this assessment
b) do we even have history ???
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 559, Nero Cain wrote:but IG she's not even scum reading echo that much. She kinda fence sits. So her scum reads are

Nero Cain
Alchemist21

she's deffo wrong on me and I don't really feel like Alch is scum.

then has nullreads on

Egix96
UnaBombaH
SirCakez

the only 1 I see that could be scum is una.
then ur reads are bad, sorry
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 563, Gamma Emerald wrote:
VOTE: skitter
Think she's trying to position herself tactically here
while this is, like, wrong, it's also a bonkers vote for scum to be making in this gamestate

(namely: he's currently the leading wagon. and is following his cw onto a vanity wagon that is extremely unlikely to get traction in the next (i think) 17 hours or whatever it is. survivalistic scum don't really make this vote)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 578, Datisi wrote:i was just saying what's historically happened, in every game that skitt and i have been t/t, (1) i at least at some point thought she was scum and wanted to vote her, (2) our reads were completely different, with hers being much more accurate than mine. (and in one game where she was scum against town!me she pocketed me and it didn't end well.)
i'm not sure i remember this being a thing?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Datisi »

aaaaaa i was about to sleep
In post 584, skitter30 wrote:
In post 553, Datisi wrote:and usually if my reads are ass backwards to skitt's, that means she's town and i'm wrong
this is a thing?
this is like a silent observantion of mine
1992 - disagreement about wu, i thought you were scum (though i was giving priority to mena's read on you than my own)
jk9++ - in your spat with s_s i thought you looked bad, he was scum
miccro2 - same as above but with duck

the only game where i at no point wanted to murder you was in mbos9 when you were actually scum so :lol:
In post 585, skitter30 wrote:
weren't both of them kinda pushing an ico wagon while he wasn't here?
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 581, Testarossa wrote:Going by your big post I figure you have Alch in your scumpool. Why are you suggesting Nero over him and implying to flashwagon him?
dislike nero more
and alch's iirc can be very strong town when he like ~ramps up~ and his current badness could be a result of irl things (he's the one who said he just started a new job, right?) and being unable to fully concentrate so i'm willing to wait a bit more and see what develops there
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Datisi »

oh yeah open 779 pyp was a thing. i don't remember my read on you there, though i barely remember that game at all so.
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 590, Datisi wrote:aaaaaa i was about to sleep
In post 584, skitter30 wrote:
this is a thing?
this is like a silent observantion of mine
1992 - disagreement about wu, i thought you were scum (though i was giving priority to mena's read on you than my own)
jk9++ - in your spat with s_s i thought you looked bad, he was scum
miccro2 - same as above but with duck

the only game where i at no point wanted to murder you was in mbos9 when you were actually scum so :lol:
In post 585, skitter30 wrote:
weren't both of them kinda pushing an ico wagon while he wasn't here?
sorry, i'm strictly a after-work phenomenon (est) now after starting my new job :(

and ok fair i see ur point, i guess i never really thought about it in that context
nero acting like i'm gonna have one correct scumread and promptly proceed to tunnel on town for the rest of the game and ruin town cohesion is a bit weird, no?

and for the last bit, you're right, i didn't put together that those were the two people who had started the ico thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 593, skitter30 wrote:nero acting like i'm gonna have one correct scumread and promptly proceed to tunnel on town for the rest of the game and ruin town cohesion is a bit weird, no?
big yes

dunno if i instantly wanna murder him for it, but it did make me go :?:

you two don't have history?
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

maybe a handful of games a few years ago.
not recently to the best of my knowledge tho
and that's not really a thing that i do either so
feels kinda discredit-y
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 583, skitter30 wrote:a) wagoning someone who clearly isn't here so they can 'react to the wagon when they get back' is kinda a waste of time and wagoning because you can just ... wagon someone who actively is there, and then let the absent slot either get replaced, or if they return wagon them at that time. it's a silly waste imo because the person you're trying to get a reaction out of isn't even there to produce said reaction
ok but
In post 183, Iconeum wrote:VOTE: alchemist

what's AI about me not being here?
HE'S REACTING TO THE WAGON ON HIM
So umm how is my statement untrue if he did end up reacting to the wagon on him when he got here...just like I said he would b/c its kinda common knowledge that ppl will react to the wagon/votes on them.

If you want to argue that Alch's Ico vote was bad for the reasons you said it's bad then fine but I never made the argument that the vote is good or bad. I just said that Ico, barring flaking, will react to the wagon when he gets here and he umm...did.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 587, skitter30 wrote:
In post 559, Nero Cain wrote:but IG she's not even scum reading echo that much. She kinda fence sits. So her scum reads are

Nero Cain
Alchemist21

she's deffo wrong on me and I don't really feel like Alch is scum.

then has nullreads on

Egix96
UnaBombaH
SirCakez

the only 1 I see that could be scum is una.
then ur reads are bad, sorry
how do you know so much about other people's alignments?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 594, Datisi wrote:
In post 593, skitter30 wrote:nero acting like i'm gonna have one correct scumread and promptly proceed to tunnel on town for the rest of the game and ruin town cohesion is a bit weird, no?
big yes

dunno if i instantly wanna murder him for it, but it did make me go :?:

you two don't have history?
In both the game I played with skitter and in the game that I read while playing that game she had 1 correct scum read early on and then spent the rest of the game(s) tunneling town. So in my limited experience (this is our third game) a singular correct scum read seems to be the limit of her ability. And she's already done nothing but tunnel town so if she's town her play has already been rather poor and if she's scum then she's just scum and thinks I'm an easy hedge.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 593, skitter30 wrote:nero acting like i'm gonna have one correct scumread and promptly proceed to tunnel on town for the rest of the game and
ruin town cohesion
is a bit weird, no?
pretty
LAMIST
and it's not
exactly
what I said. I said that I think you lack the ability to find more than 1 scum. Would you fall in line and vote whomever if you can't get your pet lynch? Maybe.

"hey guiz, I'm going to vote w/e u guyz vote so we kan achieve town cohesion. No blending in here." :igmeou:

Also the majority of town (if not all of us) is voting either Gamma or Echo. Shouldn't you be voting one of them to achieve town cohesion?

Its 18 hours til deadline and you aren't trying to reach a compromise lynch so you aren't being very proactive.