Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 296, shellyc wrote:the way you flip on me concerns me a tiny bit
I think it’s natural for Odd Day Jester to flip his read on you when you went from an calm rational tea-sipping individual to acting like an Bugspray on meth with your silly JV read.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 339, Saudade wrote:My most accurate reads come from my big
D?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 351, Odd Day Jester wrote:
Meta is Garbage is Garbage

When did this become a thing? I presume it came out as a reaction to the giant wave a few years back of everyone doing nothing but meta reads (which was also a bit daft) but I'd like to at least discuss some of my issues with the so-called meta issue that I see a lot.

First off, the 'people can change their meta' argument. To that I say, yes, and? People (scum) can game *any and every tell in the book* that's kind of the point of being good scum, doing whatever you can to appear town. Insomuch as I have a scum meta, it is to have it look as much like my town meta as possible, so, yeah, naturally players can and will and should do whatever they can to match metas, just as they should do it to affect any possible tell around. So the idea that scum will attempt to manipulate a tell applies equally across all tells, yeah? Unless the tell is actually objective (and the only ones I've personally found like that tend to be mechanic and voting based - so...y'know, stuff like setup spec and VCA that people *also* whine about. So, first off, this is a dumb complaint when someone uses meta as a tell.

"Meta is garbage!" This is another I hear a lot. I presume people say this because they've seen meta be wrong. Okay, whoop-de-doo, I'm pretty sure I've seen every tell under the sun be wrong. The real question is simply how well supported/researched is the meta being used. Is it from one game? Then maybe it's garbage. Is it from a five year history and 10+ games? Then I'd be awfully willing to buy it (and generally have never experienced people doing a drastic meta shift in some random game to break their meta and own face). So, once again, this makes meta...wait for it...basically like every tell out there.

"I change my meta every game, so I can't be meta'ed" I would suggest this implies you're a bad player, unless your claim is all town game styles are equally effective (and if you think that I'd love to discuss your research and conclusions). I also...well, kinda don't believe this, and even if it is exactly true - then that's your meta, and theoretically tells could be drawn from it even then.

So, basically, stop random attacking meta for empty reasons. If you have an issue with a meta case, describe them. If you can't, then it's probably a perfectly valid case as far as the style the case-maker has chosen.

Also, saying you hate meta is your meta - change it ;)
That wall is boring.
-5 fun points.
Careful, if you get any more boring your fun immunity might disappear and then there’s nothing stopping me from voting you if you start being scummy.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 398, JacksonVirgo wrote:We need NEE here fam
What do you need me at 6 AM for?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 415, shellyc wrote:discrediting reads and attempts to solve: -3 townpoints
Are you even keeping count of these statistics or is it just an annoying buzzword you like to repeat.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 418, Mundivore wrote:And I think you all know what I think about clowns.
What if i told you the character in my avi is called Clownpiece.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Jackson Shelly is probably TvT and you two should shake hands and stop.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 444, Saudade wrote:this is actually so funny im sorry
Sausage can u stop.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 457, shellyc wrote:
In post 455, Odd Day Jester wrote:It means that in the 14 seconds between 295 and 296, you had this thought about that you're concerned about me being manipulated by scum, which is dependent on you being incredibly confident I'm town - which doesn't fit how you're now nullreading me. It's far more plausible that "concern" means you just don't like me flipping on you, and you're talking about my alignment.
I mean concern since I was confident before that you were town

but you're not townie rn

you've lost the town energy
Shelly wtf r u doing.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 465, shellyc wrote:but after i have lunch first bye
I hope you had your morning coffee.
You seem overly irritable and that’s why you jump on anyone for any perceived slight against you.
Probably town from you because if you’re scum you just committed political suicide.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 468, Saudade wrote:see shelly was just a hungry girl that explains her overall angry attitude and inconsistent mood swings on everyone
:lol:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You’re not you when you’re hungry. Grab a snickers.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 579, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 415, shellyc wrote:discrediting reads and attempts to solve: -3 townpoints
Are you even keeping count of these statistics or is it just an annoying buzzword you like to repeat.
I do keep count of them lmao
jackson is probably on -20 townpoints now
jester -5
i havent done that for anyone else
In post 581, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Jackson Shelly is probably TvT and you two should shake hands and stop.
no i dont like peace
In post 583, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 457, shellyc wrote:
In post 455, Odd Day Jester wrote:It means that in the 14 seconds between 295 and 296, you had this thought about that you're concerned about me being manipulated by scum, which is dependent on you being incredibly confident I'm town - which doesn't fit how you're now nullreading me. It's far more plausible that "concern" means you just don't like me flipping on you, and you're talking about my alignment.
I mean concern since I was confident before that you were town

but you're not townie rn

you've lost the town energy
Shelly wtf r u doing.
idk really
In post 584, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 465, shellyc wrote:but after i have lunch first bye
I hope you had your morning coffee.
You seem overly irritable and that’s why you jump on anyone for any perceived slight against you.
Probably town from you because if you’re scum you just committed political suicide.
I'd rather tea.
In post 585, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 468, Saudade wrote:see shelly was just a hungry girl that explains her overall angry attitude and inconsistent mood swings on everyone
:lol:
I am not a girl. wtf saude
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by shellyc »

norway thoughts on grendal

tell me how their big wall is not fence sitting on everyones alignment and being agreeable

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 548, shellyc wrote:your big ugly quote wall is pretty much IIoA and you're not trying to sort Jackson, and the quote wall does not lead to the thought of "oh jack is town"
I’m going to have to townread you for using the phrase: "big ugly quote wall"
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 588, shellyc wrote:norway thoughts on grendal

tell me how their big wall is not fence sitting on everyones alignment and being agreeable
I agree with the sentiment that scum are likely to play the rational Richard in this scenario while town!Shelly is raging at other towns.
So yes, good place to put some pressure.
VOTE: Grendel
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 511, Odd Day Jester wrote:
In post 491, Saudade wrote:either way it seems... just not how I'd imagine scum would play this situation out
Normally I'd be inclined to agree, because why does scum lie about that so unnecessarily? But this is actually just how scum!shelly plays, she constantly backpedals on things when called out on them, and "flails" for lack of a better term (and this is why you don't ignore meta).
That’s funny, because i was thinking more it’d be something you were doing rather than Sausage.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ops wrong quote. Fuck.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 512, Grendel wrote:Im not super inclined to support the Sundade TR that has been cropping up in peoples reads. Its really easy for scum to play the reasonable town thinker in a situation where most players are playing an overtly aggressive game.
That’s funny, because i was thinking more it’d be something you were doing rather than Sausage.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by duppin »

well thats a lot of spam, i guess the timezone difference could end up being an issue
i almost want to vote norwegianboyee for the annoying one line spam but given you are probably the only one in the same timezome as me ill ignore it for now

Anyway I don't really want to argue against the townreads on me because I think that is awkward, however what I will say is that I would probably not townread someone for doing it because I am of the opinion that as scum it is very easy to push policy lynches as it is easy to justify and a good way of participating in the game.
In other words if Jester is town then it would be very easy for scum to justify a vote on him because due to his play he is pretty much just a policy lynch at this point.
I actually agree with what Jester said regarding meta and I am sure he understands that that is why I am voting on him. Do I believe Jester is scum? I am of the opinion that it would be dumb and a bit shitty towards your teammates to vote on yourself as scum as it is an easy way to put yourself out as a policy lynch - but I absolutely refuse to townread for him. I am also of the opinion that town should absolutely never vote on themselves because the only one they know for certain is town is themselves. I believe giving someone a pass for self voting is a big mistake as it essentially opens up for scum doing it for easy town credit in the long run.
I also think it is an easy way for Jester to try to make it part of his meta and I think that is awful so no matter what his alignment is I will push for it out of principle. So yes if Jester continues voting on himself I will also vote on him
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 362, Redados wrote:I'm scumreading Saudade.
Could you elaborate on this?
In post 366, shellyc wrote:
In post 362, Redados wrote:I'm scumreading Saudade.
saude plays like this as town; very distinct tbh
he never explained why he scumread him though.
but now that you brought it up could you explain this? I dont think ive ever played with him before in fact im not sure ive played with anyone here before unless there are alts around, so its hard for me to follow all the meta reads being thrown around.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by shellyc »

eh just read saude's games

tbh im getting a weaker sense of that now, he's trying to overexplain his actions

594 was pretty weird, seems like you trying to make a wall but your huge paragraph is mainly about how you will vote jester. seems tacky and overexplain-y

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 364, Redados wrote:I'm semi-upset that we're on page 15 and it feels like we just left RVS. Not cool.
i have to admit that i really dislike this post. also credited Shelly for finally moving the game out of rvs in , i can appreciate the fact that perhaps the game didn't move in the direction you wanted but yeah.
overall you come across as really careful to me which i find suspicious
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by shellyc »

duppin what other reads do you have

i don't really concur with your red read, fwiw he seems pretty disagreeable by thinking that the game is moving in a direction he dislikes

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 594, duppin wrote:I believe giving someone a pass for self voting is a big mistake as it essentially opens up for scum doing it for easy town credit in the long run.
I believe voting Jester for voting himself is a big mistake as it essentially opens up for scum to wagon an slot that if flips town they can justify themselves by saying they were voting for a policy elimination.