Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am

Post by duppin »

In post 618, duppin wrote:
In post 330, shellyc wrote:
I'll come back to this later. but I have a reason for my confidence
I do not think you ever followed up on this but I understand that you might be waiting for someting, I just wanted to quote it to make sure it is not forgotten
shelly I'm going to bring this up again simply because I want to know if this is something you are going to follow up on day 1 or not. (at least I do not believe you have followed up on it yet?)
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:28 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1088, bugspray wrote:
In post 725, Noraa wrote:OK IM OFFICIALLY CAUGHT UP
caught up to here rn, taking notes in my personal pt so that i have actual damn reads
could you please share reads then. you were my top town early on and I still believe you are more likely to be town, but I am not entirely sure where you are at at the moment.

you said noora is your top scumread, could you try to elaborate on this? I understand your initial reason for voting on her but a lot has happened since so I am not entirely sure what your current read is
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1388, Odd Day Jester wrote:I'm fine with Redados's answer regarding why he's less emotive this game btw. It's what I figured and at times I get this "this is really irritating but I'm going to stay cool" vibe from him when replying to scumreads line Noraa's and I find that kind of tone really town-indicative.

Still need to catchup on page 49 to 54(?). I'll probably skim some stuff but will still be on the lookout for anything particularly towny or scummy.
I wasn't the one accusing back on like page 10 about straight up playstyle. I got a bit heated bc all his dang accusations r like "Noraas sheepy, fluffy, unhelpful, spammy, immature, etc" Literally I get tunneled by him for the stupidest reasons and I feel like tho I tunneled back harder, he happened to be the one randomly SRing based off of nothing very early in the dang game.
In post 1391, PlusJOYED wrote:all caught up
first impressions from quick reading and no iso diving (unordered)

townish: shelly, jackson, suade, noraa, odd day (i take it back vca leads to him being townier), NE, mundi (meta), duppin, bug, un

reddish: reddados, grendel (taylor was better), mini,
How is Taylor better? I think the opposite ngl.
In post 1398, duppin wrote:oh as for my own read on Saudade I said early on why I thought he was slightly suspicious earlier, generally it comes to me getting the impression that he was just trying to be heard and make sure he had a presence without actually attempting to game solve. My initial plan was to just give him some time and wait for him to do something. he and a couple of other players talked about him having good reads and I have to admit I thought it was a bit odd how he kept talking about his own good reads while also saying he had no real reads yet since it is early on in the game. Don't get me wrong it obviously makes sense for him to not have good reads yet and it is definitely not fair for me to call him out for that, but i think you will agree that it is harder to fake good reads as scum which was why I wanted to give him some more time to see if he would come with these so called "god reads", but then a little later norwee decided to vote on him which I did not expect, but I decided to join the wagon since I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen. Unfortunately he had to deal with some real life stuff which made the push rather lackluster in my opinion
duppin can u try to solve anyone outside of the {saudade} pool?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:39 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1402, Noraa wrote: duppin can u try to solve anyone outside of the {saudade} pool?
sure I can follow up on my previous reads:

At the moment I am fairly confident bugspray (although they have dropped a bit), Jester, Norwee are town.

I believe shelly is town as well actually. I have not played with her and most of the scumreads on her seems to be a bit biased on meta but the reads themselves seem to be a bit lackluster to me.
I think someone said it was suspicious of her to do pre flip reads but I disagree with this a lot actually - it is bad if she starts playing around pre flips, but expressing her thoughts on a potential flip is something I find to be a bit more towny albeit easy to fake as scum as well as it helps you set up your read progression in case you get a mislynch through. But the counter argument to that in this case is in my opinion that shelly has been all over the playerlist. I am pretty sure she has called out everyone for something at this point and has engaged with everyone. I have no idea if this is out of her scumrange or not but to me her play jsut comes across as coming from a town perspective.

I still find redados suspicious for the exact same reasons I listed earlier. He hasn't really managed to change my mind, my only concern is still that it almost feels hm I guess too easy? There's not really much defense or counter pressure, it does not mean he isn't scum but it just makes me a bit concerned

As for Saudade I just mentioned it before.

I don't really know about the rest. In fact I am trying to avoid reading you at the moment noraa because every time I try to read you I keep thinking that this could simply be explained by you being a new player. I am kind of leaning of some of the meta reads being thrown at you
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:42 am

Post by duppin »

also and this is such a garbage read but i just cant help myself and no one should try to pursue it but part of me can't help but wonder if jackson and mini replaced out because one of them accidently learned the others alignment in which case it would make sense if they already replaced out, but i just think it would be even more likely if the alignment was scum. but yeah this is just a non sense theory for post game
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:49 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1376, PlusJOYED wrote:i think saude is a solid townlean too
i missed this, could you explain why you think so?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Noraa »

Eh the uh preflip shit was directed at me cuz I did a huge paragraph on what would happen if redados flipped red.

I think u should still try to solve me regardless of what's going on with the newbie thing. Even a wrong SR is better than nothing considering we are on page 57 and close to the end of day 1 ... maybe?

I have two finished scumgames which u can use for meta if ur really struggling
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Noraa »

U see if u did use my playstyle to form a read, I would be a lil upset(as shown with redados) However he started doing that on like page ten or something so I definitely think that was on him. But I mean its page 57 rn. It is what it is and ur gonna have to solve me someday. Might as well make that day today.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1402, Noraa wrote:
In post 1388, Odd Day Jester wrote:I'm fine with Redados's answer regarding why he's less emotive this game btw. It's what I figured and at times I get this "this is really irritating but I'm going to stay cool" vibe from him when replying to scumreads line Noraa's and I find that kind of tone really town-indicative.

Still need to catchup on page 49 to 54(?). I'll probably skim some stuff but will still be on the lookout for anything particularly towny or scummy.
I wasn't the one accusing back on like page 10 about straight up playstyle. I got a bit heated bc all his dang accusations r like "Noraas sheepy, fluffy, unhelpful, spammy, immature, etc" Literally I get tunneled by him for the stupidest reasons and I feel like tho I tunneled back harder, he happened to be the one randomly SRing based off of nothing very early in the dang game.
In post 1391, PlusJOYED wrote:all caught up
first impressions from quick reading and no iso diving (unordered)

townish: shelly, jackson, suade, noraa, odd day (i take it back vca leads to him being townier), NE, mundi (meta), duppin, bug, un

reddish: reddados, grendel (taylor was better), mini,
How is Taylor better? I think the opposite ngl.
In post 1398, duppin wrote:oh as for my own read on Saudade I said early on why I thought he was slightly suspicious earlier, generally it comes to me getting the impression that he was just trying to be heard and make sure he had a presence without actually attempting to game solve. My initial plan was to just give him some time and wait for him to do something. he and a couple of other players talked about him having good reads and I have to admit I thought it was a bit odd how he kept talking about his own good reads while also saying he had no real reads yet since it is early on in the game. Don't get me wrong it obviously makes sense for him to not have good reads yet and it is definitely not fair for me to call him out for that, but i think you will agree that it is harder to fake good reads as scum which was why I wanted to give him some more time to see if he would come with these so called "god reads", but then a little later norwee decided to vote on him which I did not expect, but I decided to join the wagon since I thought it would be interesting to see what would happen. Unfortunately he had to deal with some real life stuff which made the push rather lackluster in my opinion
duppin can u try to solve anyone outside of the {saudade} pool?
grendel showed up and hopped on a wagon then never came back. Taylor seems townier I guess
and no i don't care if calling my predecessor town is wack its the truth
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:56 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1399, Noraa wrote:
In post 1370, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 236, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 228, shellyc wrote:JV sheeping is -3 townpoints
Yeah fuck off
agreed that annoys the fuck out of me
i like this jackson guy he's probs town
im also gonna challenge odd day jesters first 10 pages of wifom and say he's probably scum so far. I get wanting to do a gambit like that to look for an early elim hungry fellow but in reality he's being way too overt so I don't think that's his real goal here, he just wants to look like a crazy towny
Townreading ur own slot like its not urs is a really bad look.
In post 1378, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 389, Redados wrote:Town:
JV

Null:
Jester

Scum due to playstyle:
ShellyC
Noraa

Scum:
Saudade (but I have been told this is his town meta)
this feels weirdly fabricated to me
oooo why?
my gut says so
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:57 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1393, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1392, PlusJOYED wrote:VOTE: reddados
what do you make of redados' recent posts?
they seem scummy
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Noraa »

plus can we uh try to have better reasons/explanations to back up ur reads?Otherwise u just sound exactly like redados
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1396, duppin wrote:
In post 1053, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1023, duppin wrote:I was okay with Tayl0r's predecessor but not sure what to think of the slot at the moment. I know Jester already asked you to explain why you find his read on Saudade opportunistic but I would also really like to hear your read on Saudade since you did throw slight shade towards him earlier saying him being silent is a scum tell, I am well aware you were being sarcstic about your vast experience with him but still you never mentioned him after that.

actually i'd also like to hear your read on Mundivore since you said one of their posts concerned you but then you never mentioned them after that either
thats basically how i operate. youre gonna see me throwing some random shit at random walls for a while until i get settled
sure that's fair, but i would still like to hear your read on Saudade
In post 1101, Mundivore wrote:
In post 1052, duppin wrote:
In post 1032, Mundivore wrote:Hrm. I'm tired of all the fluff.

It feels like there hasn't been any really consequential scumhunting at all in these entire forty-two pages. Nobody has made behavior with actual
stakes
. I don't know if I can confidently eliminate even a single pair of scumbuddies with any degree of confidence.

Things won't happen unless town starts voting for people. I've been part of the problem, but it's easy enough to fix.

VOTE: Saudade to E-2.

I actually don't like this wagon. I like Saudade for town. However, either this entices scum out to put more votes on people, or I get shown a more compelling wagon, right? But somebody really needs to start taking risks for us to actually
learn
things.
why do you like saudade for town?
If I'm going to be honest? It's simply because I don't understand the cases against them, and because nothing they've said pinged my scum radar. I've not gotten a gut 'ping' against them, and with the amount of output this thread is creating, keeping up with it is all I can do. Rereads are prohibitive with how long this thread is. If you still feel like your case is strong, and can succinctly summarize it or easily reach a link back to the primary context, I'd appreciate it.
hm okay i can maybe buy this, my initial concern was that Saudade had done absolutely nothing to warrant a town read in my opinion (unless it's a meta read of course). Don't get me wrong I don't think Saudade has been super scummy either but i find it slightly suspicious if someone has a townread on him because it gives me the impression they know something i do not. It actually makes me lean slightly more towards Saudade possibly being town simply due to the fact that I have a hard time understanding how a town player would have a townread on him at this point especially since several of the players in this thread seem to suggest that Saudade is a really good player. I have personally never played with him before but if he is a strong player then it does not really make sense to me that people are townread him when he hasn't really done anything so far since he has some real life stuff going on at the moment. so yeah when you call a townread on him to me it comes across as you trying to gain some towncred in case he is town and is mislynched, and the fact that you voted on him even though you thought he was town is just.. weird. It gave me the impression you wanted to vote on him but wanted to avoid the lashback at all cost in case he is mislynched (if we assume he is town in this scenario), but on the other hand I just think it's such a weird way for you to do that if you are scum
this is a lot of words and fence-sitting with no actual analysis or attempt to solve.

duppin who are your scumreads and townreads atm?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1410, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 1393, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1392, PlusJOYED wrote:VOTE: reddados
what do you make of redados' recent posts?
they seem scummy
ok can you scumcase redados' last 10-15 posts for me?
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by duppin »

uh i just gave my reads?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1403, duppin wrote:
In post 1402, Noraa wrote: duppin can u try to solve anyone outside of the {saudade} pool?

At the moment I am fairly confident bugspray (although they have dropped a bit), Jester, Norwee are town.

I believe shelly is town as well actually. I have not played with her and most of the scumreads on her seems to be a bit biased on meta but the reads themselves seem to be a bit lackluster to me.
I think someone said it was suspicious of her to do pre flip reads but I disagree with this a lot actually - it is bad if she starts playing around pre flips, but expressing her thoughts on a potential flip is something I find to be a bit more towny albeit easy to fake as scum as well as it helps you set up your read progression in case you get a mislynch through. But the counter argument to that in this case is in my opinion that shelly has been all over the playerlist. I am pretty sure she has called out everyone for something at this point and has engaged with everyone. I have no idea if this is out of her scumrange or not but to me her play jsut comes across as coming from a town perspective.

I still find redados suspicious for the exact same reasons I listed earlier. He hasn't really managed to change my mind, my only concern is still that it almost feels hm I guess too easy? There's not really much defense or counter pressure, it does not mean he isn't scum but it just makes me a bit concerned

I don't really know about the rest. In fact I am trying to avoid reading you at the moment noraa because every time I try to read you I keep thinking that this could simply be explained by you being a new player. I am kind of leaning of some of the meta reads being thrown at you
can you point us to specific posts? this isnt helpful because i cant track any of your progressions
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by duppin »

also there is an attempt to solve. my initial read was that Mundivore was likely to be scum since I do not believe they could have a genuine townread on Saudade but then they explained it had more to do with the push itself, but that still makes the push so weird. I think Mundivores vote is a bit suspicious no matter what though but I could buy his explanation

now that I learned PlusJOYEd had a townread on Saudade as well I am slightly susp of that slot though
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 1415, Tayl0r Swift wrote:

can you point us to specific posts? this isnt helpful because i cant track any of your progressions
the interaction between me and Saudade started in
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1417, duppin wrote:

can you walk us through posts that made you scum/townread people other than saudade and explain what about the post made you scum/townread the person?
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 1406, Noraa wrote:Eh the uh preflip shit was directed at me cuz I did a huge paragraph on what would happen if redados flipped red.
no taylor called shelly out for doing it. i can see that you did it as well though
I think u should still try to solve me regardless of what's going on with the newbie thing. Even a wrong SR is better than nothing considering we are on page 57 and close to the end of day 1 ... maybe?

I actually just tried to read the games but don't feel I got that much from it. The only thing I will say is that I do think you came across as more scummy in those games but there is a possibility that my read is influenced by the fact that I already knew your alignment before reading them.
I think it's fine for me to lean on the meta reads for day 1 as long as I trust the people bringing them up
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Noraa »

duppin u gonna solve me or no?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Noraa »

Ok uk what that's fine. Just dont solve me for now then. I have a few games that should be ending soon. I'll tell u to read those and ig just dont look at which role I am until the end. That way it'll be fair right?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 1411, Noraa wrote:plus can we uh try to have better reasons/explanations to back up ur reads?Otherwise u just sound exactly like redados
It’s okay to share gutreads. Not every read can be supported with an essay and a thesis. Better to share the reads than not share the reads.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Noraa »

Its not rvs we should be encouraging more content.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by duppin »

In post 1418, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1417, duppin wrote:

can you walk us through posts that made you scum/townread people other than saudade and explain what about the post made you scum/townread the person?
I have no problem elaborating on my reads, but it's not really about specific posts.
However I have asked you to share your Saudade read several times now so I'd like you to do that as well