Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Noraa »

He's basically VLA. How can u expect him to stand up for himself here?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Noraa »

I never SRed him in the first place and its just annoying me that people are continuing to sus him cuz there's no point. Theres is ZERO WAY we will get a saudade lim today. Why not put that away for a bit and bring it back when he gets back? Discussing him now is a terrible idea and there's no point
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:23 am

Post by duppin »

I expected him to return when his V/LA ended. I am not trying to blame him as I understand that he had some irl things to deal with and that is obviously more important.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1723, duppin wrote:I never said at any point that my scumread on Saudade had to do with him being afk. See this is why I am really confused as to why you do not just ISO me.

I admitted when I engaged Saudade that my read on him might be influenced by the players hyping him up yes but my read on him was that he was posting to be heard rather than to gamesolve. To me it felt like he was trying to play very safe and I thought it was really odd how he on one hand also hyped his own "god reads" yet on the other hand also pushed the "no reads this early" - and I am perfectly aware that it is on one hand a reasonable enough statement to not have good reads early on, but it felt off to me plus his posts overall felt like he just wanted to make sure people noticed him which I think is scummy. My first idea was to give him some time to see what he would do but then out of nowhere he engaged Norwee and Norwee reacted really well in my opinion and gave me a townread on him plus he voted on Saudade and then I was tempted to join the wagon to see what Saudade would do so I joined. Shortly after that he went V/LA. So ultimately nothing has happened since to really sway my initial impressions of him.

The other scumread I gave early on was on Redados. I have also explained my reasoning for this several times.
I think it would be easiest to refer to this post actually since this was the gist of it:
In post 601, duppin wrote:
In post 598, shellyc wrote:duppin what other reads do you have

i don't really concur with your red read, fwiw he seems pretty disagreeable by thinking that the game is moving in a direction he dislikes
yes but just complaining about the state and not attempting to move it in a direction is suspicious to me. he seems to be complaining about the game state and being very careful with his reads (he essentially ended up only giving town reads) which to me indicate is trying to avoid confrontation while still appearing active. I am perfectly aware it might be too early to tell but that is the impression I am left with
As I said when I gave my reads before he hasn't really done much to change my mind. No matter what his alignment is I believe he is too caught up on Noora's push on him.
What I will say though is that I am actually a bit surprised with his latest posts as I did not expect him to defend me. If he is scum it seems more logical for him to at least try to discredit me a little bit since I called him scummy.
point to specific posts where redados posted in a way that intentionally didnt advance the gamestate. why is it scummy rather than just useless? you essentially have only given townreads. getting a scumread from you is like pulling teeth. why not move your vote of saudade? its useless there? can you point to specific instances where saudade is "playing it safe"? again, why are these scummy rather than NAI?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Noraa »

Well it doesn't matter. He's not back. And as long as that's the case, there is absolutely no point in discussing him.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1727, duppin wrote:I expected him to return when his V/LA ended. I am not trying to blame him as I understand that he had some irl things to deal with and that is obviously more important.
ok but now your vote has been effectively useless for four days during which you have done nothing to advance the game.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:24 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1726, Noraa wrote:I never SRed him in the first place and its just annoying me that people are continuing to sus him cuz there's no point. Theres is ZERO WAY we will get a saudade lim today. Why not put that away for a bit and bring it back when he gets back? Discussing him now is a terrible idea and there's no point
i mean i kind of get your point but i also kind of disagree with the sentiment as it would be easy to just go v/la to avoid pressure as scum then (obviously not what Saudade did, just saying)
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1731, duppin wrote:
In post 1726, Noraa wrote:I never SRed him in the first place and its just annoying me that people are continuing to sus him cuz there's no point. Theres is ZERO WAY we will get a saudade lim today. Why not put that away for a bit and bring it back when he gets back? Discussing him now is a terrible idea and there's no point
i mean i kind of get your point but i also kind of disagree with the sentiment as it would be easy to just go v/la to avoid pressure as scum then (obviously not what Saudade did, just saying)
it seems pretty clear that saudade gets a pass for inactivity here. i think we all also had scumpings before that, but it behooves us to wait for saudade to return or get replaced before doing anything. voteparking isnt helpful.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Redados »

In post 1723, duppin wrote:As I said when I gave my reads before he hasn't really done much to change my mind. No matter what his alignment is I believe he is too caught up on Noora's push on him.
What I will say though is that I am actually a bit surprised with his latest posts as I did not expect him to defend me. If he is scum it seems more logical for him to at least try to discredit me a little bit since I called him scummy.
My current limpool is {noraa, unowen, mundivore, shelly} although I'll probably have to widen that to avoid a mislim of course.

Where is bugspray?

Where is mundivore?? Mundivore has done very little hunting today and has stayed mostly under the radar. VOTE: Mundivore
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:26 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1728, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1723, duppin wrote:I never said at any point that my scumread on Saudade had to do with him being afk. See this is why I am really confused as to why you do not just ISO me.

I admitted when I engaged Saudade that my read on him might be influenced by the players hyping him up yes but my read on him was that he was posting to be heard rather than to gamesolve. To me it felt like he was trying to play very safe and I thought it was really odd how he on one hand also hyped his own "god reads" yet on the other hand also pushed the "no reads this early" - and I am perfectly aware that it is on one hand a reasonable enough statement to not have good reads early on, but it felt off to me plus his posts overall felt like he just wanted to make sure people noticed him which I think is scummy. My first idea was to give him some time to see what he would do but then out of nowhere he engaged Norwee and Norwee reacted really well in my opinion and gave me a townread on him plus he voted on Saudade and then I was tempted to join the wagon to see what Saudade would do so I joined. Shortly after that he went V/LA. So ultimately nothing has happened since to really sway my initial impressions of him.

The other scumread I gave early on was on Redados. I have also explained my reasoning for this several times.
I think it would be easiest to refer to this post actually since this was the gist of it:

i don't really concur with your red read, fwiw he seems pretty disagreeable by thinking that the game is moving in a direction he dislikes
yes but just complaining about the state and not attempting to move it in a direction is suspicious to me. he seems to be complaining about the game state and being very careful with his reads (he essentially ended up only giving town reads) which to me indicate is trying to avoid confrontation while still appearing active. I am perfectly aware it might be too early to tell but that is the impression I am left with
As I said when I gave my reads before he hasn't really done much to change my mind. No matter what his alignment is I believe he is too caught up on Noora's push on him.
point to specific posts where redados posted in a way that intentionally didnt advance the gamestate. why is it scummy rather than just useless? you essentially have only given townreads. getting a scumread from you is like pulling teeth. why not move your vote of saudade? its useless there? can you point to specific instances where saudade is "playing it safe"? again, why are these scummy rather than NAI?
No it is not like pulling a teeth, because I have explained the read several times and have been very open about it.
Also could you just ISO me already. I engage both of the players.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Redados »

I feel like duppin is town.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Noraa »

You are choosing to label duppins "unhelpful ness" as scummy while ignoring redados'. I'm with duppin on this one.
since we all agree he didn't do that, then drop it until he is replaced or back. I repeat one last time : THERE. IS. NO. POINT. Because we will NOT get a Saudade lim today so long as he's not back and if he comes back from whatever issues he had irl and sees everyone tunneling the hell outta him, all he's gonna do is be really scummy cuz he's gonna be pissed.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:28 am

Post by duppin »

In post 1732, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
it seems pretty clear that saudade gets a pass for inactivity here. i think we all also had scumpings before that, but it behooves us to wait for saudade to return or get replaced before doing anything. voteparking isnt helpful.
what makes you think all had it? several people have thrown out a townread on him actually
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Yeah i actually agree with Tayl0r about the fact that a vote on Saudade is useless.
My will to eliminate Saudade is probably stronger than anyone else here, but there's no point trying to garner support for a V/LA elimination. It goes against site culture, nobody will do it even if it's the most scummy slot in existence. You'd need a cop guilty or something to convince.
So it would be better if Duppin switched to someone that is actually feasible to be voted today and can respond to accusations.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1733, Redados wrote:
In post 1723, duppin wrote:As I said when I gave my reads before he hasn't really done much to change my mind. No matter what his alignment is I believe he is too caught up on Noora's push on him.
My current limpool is {noraa, unowen, mundivore, shelly} although I'll probably have to widen that to avoid a mislim of course.

Where is bugspray?

Where is mundivore?? Mundivore has done very little hunting today and has stayed mostly under the radar. VOTE: Mundivore
wtf? Why are u voting a really inactive slot now?
VOTE: Redados
ur so scummy its unbelievable
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

When Saudade reps out and if i'm still alive i will re-visit the slot though.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1736, Noraa wrote:

You are choosing to label duppins "unhelpful ness" as scummy while ignoring redados'. I'm with duppin on this one.
since we all agree he didn't do that, then drop it until he is replaced or back. I repeat one last time : THERE. IS. NO. POINT. Because we will NOT get a Saudade lim today so long as he's not back and if he comes back from whatever issues he had irl and sees everyone tunneling the hell outta him, all he's gonna do is be really scummy cuz he's gonna be pissed.
duppin isnt merely unhelpful with his reads and useless with his vote. his reasoning is scummy because hes fence-sitting and unable to justify scumreads. redados in contrast is trying. redados has some posts that usually only come from town. there are reasons to think redados is townie. there are no reasons to think duppin is town.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1739, Noraa wrote:

Where is bugspray?

mundivore is a totally valid vote. i think you have a right to ask redados to better explain his reasoning for the vote and scumread, but i also scumread mundivore and have said as much. being lurky does not make you immune to pressure unless you have irl stuff that means you cant be on the site, as in saudade's case.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Not gonna lie, i'm real tired about these "Player X is 100% scum!" posts.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1734, duppin wrote:

No it is not like pulling a teeth, because I have explained the read several times and have been very open about it.
Also could you just ISO me already. I engage both of the players.
point me to specific posts of redados you think are scummy. or point me to specific posts of yours where youve already done so.

do you have any scumreads other than redados and saudade?
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:35 am

Post by duppin »

yes as I just said before you can argue that my vote is useless because at the moment it doesn't do anything. my only argument to that would be that it is only useless because Saudade extended his v/la. (once again this almost sounds like I am blaming him but that is really not my intention, I really hope all is well).

the thing is my only other scumread was the other leading wagon at the time at least, although I think he still is? so I just dont see me moving my vote to him at that point would be very useful either actually. In fact to me it kind of made me feel like I could keep my vote on Saudade.

I do think it is wrong to suggest i was tunneling him though, i am still trying to question and solve other slots
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Redados »

In post 1739, Noraa wrote:

Where is bugspray?

didn't you already have your vote on me?

Mundivore is not inactive, they've only been gone for like a day and a half? and before they were gone, I scumread them.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Redados »

noraa I feel like I can't win with you.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:39 am

Post by duppin »

Tayl0r I am unsure as to why you refuse to ISO me but;

this is when redados starts to respond:

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:40 am

Post by duppin »

Tayl0r by the way are you an alt or a new player?