Mini Normal 2169 : random facts, game over !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

mine
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Iconeum »

gg
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 999, Battle Mage wrote:can everybody give like 2 people they want to elim today? would be good to get some hard data at this point.
donald trump and joe biden
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 1002, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 999, Battle Mage wrote:can everybody give like 2 people they want to elim today? would be good to get some hard data at this point.
donald trump and joe biden
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
bob3141
bob3141
Mafia Scum
bob3141
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 875, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 873, Datisi wrote:zzz about to crash but quick thoughts
In post 799, TheGoldenParadox wrote:looking at a {shelly, ico, x} scumteam rn but i think that flipping shelly and observing their interactions will be super helpful. if shelly flips scum i'm confident in ico!scum as well and if shelly flips town i'd go to a TL on ico
why does town!shelly imply town!ico?
good question, and one that i spent a decent bit of time thinking about. i'll try to give a more logic based answer to this later, but i'm leaning towards ico and shelly being the same alignment just based off shelly's following of ico and ico's almost working with shelly. that being said, scum!ico might just be trying to pocket town!shelly, so it gives ico a handful of townpoints i'll need to see the shelly/ico interaction later today.
that being said, i'm almost confident on scum!shelly proving scum!ico and vice versa; i'm not the only one who thinks so?
I'm not getting the same feeling that they are the same alignment. As they have had alot of interaction for it to be svs. And at the moment I'm leaning towards shelly being scum.

Whenever I look at the progression of the vote counts. I see the rvs wagon break up. And a wagon form on shelly. Yet pretty quickly we start seeing a new wagon at taht point. We have the one that formed on you

TheGoldenParadox (3) : Iconeum ; iamausername ; Battle Mage

With a smaller taylor wagon started by shelly. Yet the shelly wagon has remained stalled. Normally a town player being wagoned would have taken of by now and not formed smaller counter wagons

And of the shelly wagon the only player that i feel is still null is taylor. Menal and datisi are coming across like their prior town games I've had with them. And I just can't see your entry to the game being sucm indicative.

Yet the wagon hasn't taken off yet.
bob3141
bob3141
Mafia Scum
bob3141
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 928, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 922, teacher wrote:
In post 897, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 896, Alonzo wrote:Also interested who Taylor , Shelly and TGP think scum on their wagon might be.
not sure as i still have to catch up on 15 pages but theres only 2 votes on me. shelly always scumreads me so thats NAI, and teacher i feel like should be able to see that im town but ??. i havent read why they voted me
I didn’t like either your entry or your absence. It was more of a pressure thing.
i mean fair i guess. its interesting that alonzo wants us to assume that there is scum on our wagon. not sure if thats scummy, it just kinda struck me as an odd way of phrasing the question. kinda makes me feel like hes scum trying to make us suspect people on our wagons who he knows are town. but i dont really have concrete reasons to think alonzo is scum, so thats prolly just me being overly tinfoily.

Seen that a few times before although sometimes it is just a townie doing it. A few games back we had an all town wagon on scum. And scum pushed that there must be scum on it. While those players were being scum read by a few. If i remember correctly we ended up mislynching another play over the scum.

And alonzo is scum reading menal if thats still the case. Would be quite understandable for him to mistrust the shelly wagon if he is town.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by Gypyx »

votecount 1.7

Alonzo (0) :

Tayl0r Swift (1) : Shellyc

TheGoldenParadox (2) : iamausername ; Battle Mage

Iconeum (1) : piisirrational

iamausername (0) :

Datisi (0) :

teacher (0) :

Battle Mage (1) : Alonzo

piisirrational (2) : bob3141 ; Teacher

bob3141 (0) :

shellyc (4) : Tayl0r Swift ; Menalque ; Datisi ; TheGoldenParadox
Exe-3

Noraa (1) : Iconeum

Menalque (0) :

Not Voting (1) : Noraa

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to yeet someone, the day will end in (expired on 2020-10-05 14:15:57)

Random fact : The kool-aid man canonically exists in the marvel universe

Prodding menalque, they have 24 hours to post game-related content
Last edited by Gypyx on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bottom text
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:53 am

Post by Iconeum »

everyone pls

vote noraa
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:53 am

Post by Iconeum »

i hav stronk hunch yes
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:55 am

Post by Datisi »

what is the stronk hunch that you speak of, dragon boi
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:55 am

Post by Iconeum »

are you caught up?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:55 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 996, Iconeum wrote:noraa case in a nutshell:

-(counter?)tunneling on BM
-confbiasing, trying to make every post BM made into a scumtell
-not having other reads outside of BM
-not trying to have reads outside of BM
-after being forced into having a read, suddenly has a strong townread for reasons that previously had noraa 'all are null'
-increasingly bad posts in general
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:58 am

Post by Datisi »

i skimmed, i need to be a Good Player and Write Responses but let's pretend i am

pedit: ok i hear ya
nora is currently at the peak of my ogofidk corner

lemme do the thing real quick i think there were a couple of things aimed at me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Iconeum »

the entirety of the progression here reads like hot garbage, and if you then proceed to actually reading Alonzo's posts 'since then', I still don't see why alonzo is your top (and only?!) townread
Spoiler:
In post 613, Noraa wrote:mmmm so I'm not too sure what I'm thinking about this game atm however I have a few things I dont like so far

BM changes votes far too often. I think this is scummy bc scums will flip flop a shit ton since what's going thru their mind is gonna be something like : "hmm good limbait here. ooo better limbait here. oh maybe the first limbait was better etc etc"

Not too sure if that's correct but uh ... that's how I am when I'm scum so yeah.

Datisi I am 100% certain is very much capable of producing content yet I am not seeing much content. I think that may be a scumtell for him tho I have never played a game with him before so I couldn't say.

Golden dude gives me some scumvibes bc of him changing his vote and moving it off of me and onto BM. It reads really scummy considering he somehow just overlooked the fact that I'm noob as hell but then realized it reading it again? Idk something's fishy over there.

Mena is .... meh. I'm not sure what alignment mena is but I wouldn't be surprised with either aorn.

everyone else is even more meh. talk more and maybe I'll try to solve u some more
In post 918, Noraa wrote:
In post 912, teacher wrote:
In post 910, Noraa wrote:
In post 908, teacher wrote:
In post 906, Noraa wrote:Nah im a us night owl too
You haven’t really piped up as I spammed my ketchups. I think you unvoted — was that being convinced or deciding it wasn’t happening?
both to some extent
Give me the hardest feeling you have this game, town or scum, that is totally independent of BM
what's this supposed to mean?
In post 921, Noraa wrote:Oh sure!

I think Alonzo is town. The reason is that while everyone was obsessing over BmvNoraa, he, instead of going with the flow and pushing a Noraa lim all the way thru, started sussing Bob. Ig this kinda has something to do with Bm but not too much so it should be fine. Theres a possibility that Alonzo wanted to divert attention from his scum partner, Bm. However Bm wasn't the one close to getting limmed so I dont think he would divert attention for a townie if he was scum. I think he just truly thought Bob benefitted from all this so he decided instead of dealing with this big mess, he would go sort some easier to sort people elsewhere since BmvNoraa was a hot mess.
In post 929, Noraa wrote:
In post 925, teacher wrote:
In post 613, Noraa wrote:everyone else is even more meh.
That interchange came before this ya? So why this?
Alonzo has caught my attention since then. He seems townie enough so I did an iso on him and decided that he prolly is my strongest TR so far. Again, this is really sloppy. I'll try to do better once the weekend starts
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:06 am

Post by Iconeum »

Noraa does a tunnel all game long on BM
Proceeds to have scumreads outside of that (see 613) that consist of meta on datisi that noraa does not have. It's literrally an assumption. And a scumread on GP because HE SWITCHED HIS VOTE FROM NORAA, TO NORAA'S TOP SCUMREAD

I will repeat. GP is scummy to noraa, because GP moved his vote away from noraa, onto noraa's SCUMREAD.

The alonzo townread. Just read the entire exchange with teacher as well. If that shit ain't faked, I don't know what is.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:06 am

Post by Iconeum »

I will repeat. GP is scummy to noraa, because GP moved his vote away from noraa, onto noraa's SCUMREAD.

How is this a towny reasoning?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Iconeum »

the 'fuck off im'a newb' play was fun the first 5 times, but every single post?

come on
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:11 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 38, Noraa wrote:
In post 37, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 22, Menalque wrote:BM scum?
Nope, not me dude. I am the most vanilla of vanilla townie towns you ever did see.
I hate it when people claim a role in rvs. It gives people a townie first impression and I hate it. +100 scumpoints for u
In post 23, Menalque wrote:Okay full disclosure I’m in a PT with icon and he’s acting kinda shady — for instance he/gypx have visited the PT 3 times since I last posted there and there was a thing early where I saw the view count go up without any post, and it was right after Icon and I were talking so I think he was still around and it was prob him looking not gypx

I also think his response to my memeing was kinda scummy for him
the more i reread nora, the more stuff pops up

am i the one confbiasing now? maybe

am i right? probably, at this point

-> noraa goes into full tunnel on BM, which all started with this 'omg RVS fake claim means ur scum'
Guess the number of times noraa adresses menalque's fake claim?

IT'S ZERO
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:19 am

Post by Datisi »

you know when you sit down to read and write a mafia post, and at that very moment you get called to help unpack the groceries? yeah that.
In post 884, Datisi wrote:
In post 883, TheGoldenParadox wrote:okay, that's interesting. i didn't know that, but that makes the shelly/ico interaction super interesting.
i remember reading somewhere that "interesting" is the most meaningless word :P
if it wasn't clear, this is an invitation for you to elaborate on what changes there
In post 911, teacher wrote:
In post 742, Datisi wrote:mena is like gut town*
I’m fine with that and have no interest in pushing there. I guess my issue is that it seemed the two of you were
more fluffing each other than sorting
. Like you’ve both townbinned each other for reasons that feel more friendship and personality knowledge than anything I can actually point to and say “yes!” - which is the somewhat high expectation I have for both of you
why not both? in games where mena was scum, even in "just" fluff, i'd sometimes get a feeling that something is ~wrong~. i can't explain it, but i guess that's why it's called a gut take. so far, he simply feels pure. also the mindmeld on shelly was a thing, if you want something Concrete.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:32 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 949, Iconeum wrote:
In post 845, Gypyx wrote:shellyc (4) : Tayl0r Swift ; Menalque ; Datisi ; TheGoldenParadox Exe-3
TL;DR me the case on shellyc?
bottom of my is like the first bit
though mena also made good points and he beat me to expressing them so rip
In post 983, Iconeum wrote:
In post 961, shellyc wrote:ico talk to me about golden, are you still scum reading them
not really
i *really* wanna hear about this
how is golden now in the middle

[mafia theory] townbloccs are great but forcing a formation of one is recepie for disaster [/mafia theory]
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:33 am

Post by Datisi »

i can't spell apparently but whatever
~M
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:37 am

Post by shellyc »

apparently the case on me is “shelly doesn’t know the meaning of the word fence-sitting.

Datisi what’s your take on ico?
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:43 am

Post by Datisi »

my internet keeps dying, tf

it's not but ok

ico is like, at some points my brain was telling me "hmm this is weird" but that happens pretty much whenever he is town and if i hadn't learned to sometimes ignore my brain wrt ico i probably would've lost a couple of my recent towngames
gut is telling me that his heart is pure
play around menal claim and now nora feels genuine
~M
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:45 am

Post by shellyc »

why does noraa feel genuine and how is it linked to the claim tho

the claim and noraa is mutually exclusive
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1022, Datisi wrote:ico is like, at some points my brain was telling me "hmm this is weird" but that happens pretty much whenever he is town and if i hadn't learned to sometimes ignore my brain wrt ico i probably would've lost a couple of my recent towngames
gut is telling me that his heart is pure
play around menal claim and now nora feels genuine
this is all about ico

the last line should say "the way ico played around the menal claim and the way ico is presenting his noraa read feel genuine", my bad if unclear
~M