davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:15 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1848, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Sorry read the post wrong.
VOTE: Looker
Figured as much but it would help to explain what you thought you saw.
In fact it would help to explain, generally speaking.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:18 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1852, chkflip wrote:
In post 1726, davesaz wrote:Final vote (timestamp according to UTC -7)
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:54:27 am
In post 1728, davesaz wrote:Looker Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:01:01 pm
NPOM Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:23:58 pm
me Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:24:58 pm (note: my previous day was VLA)
pisskop Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:56:44 am
In post 1730, davesaz wrote:Timestamp of IKS's claim Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:00:09 pm
In post 1734, davesaz wrote:Why would scum bus before a claim, especially when there was a seemingly valid counter to work with?
Possibly more importantly, what do you think about people who switched from NPOM vs. people who hadn't voted NPOM?

My thoughts: any new bussing (if any) is after claim, and probably not the first 1-2 after claim. Pre-claim bussing (if any) should be much earlier in the wagon before it got real, and people who had laid a foundation to not vote NPOM.
This IIoA is so LAMIST it's fucking painful.

You scum, bro?
The last sentence is analysis. Failed attempt at buzzword slinging noticed.
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:18 am

Post by davesaz »

EBWOP - last post that was quoted, is pure analysis.
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:22 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1893, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Ok. I'm not going to claim now I'm pretty sure I'm spewing green.
VOTE: NoPowerOverMe
Stays on until you post more than single lines. Put up or go home.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1818, Doctor Drew wrote:you made the leap that they were purposely ignoring them,
I did. To gauge their reaction (which wasn't very favorable). They got defensive quick for literally no reason and then tried to turn my questioning around to if I was "nervous." That was quite the quick jump from just answering that they plan to look at the other two later, which they still haven't actually committed to.

On top of that, the reactions from you saying that I'm "attacking" BEF (which is not what is happening) and TD saying that my line of questioning is weird/making them doubt their townread on me, without asking me the why behind it is a concern to me, as well. I feel the shade both of you are throwing, and more of Whiteknighty type feel from you.

Why can't I call someone out for a discrepancy that I see without it being deemed as an attack? Why is okay for TD to talk about me and not to me?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:38 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 1901, davesaz wrote:The last sentence is analysis. Failed attempt at buzzword slinging noticed.
:lol:

No, it really fucking isn't.

"Due to the timing of the claim, bussing likely happened prior to it or scum surely stayed off the wagon" is mafia theory at best.

Who did that? Why're they scum for it?

That's analysis.

"nIcE dEfLeCtIoN aTtEmPt NoTeD"

That's how you sound.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not particularly liking the Beetlejuice moments that have been happening with Lavender. There's nothing, nothing, and more nothing and then their name pops up and they post something like what happened on Page 74. And of course, it's still NOTHING that adds to the game. For those of you who said that Lavender is this type of poster (more on the lower end of the post quantity spectrum), was there this much Beetlejuicing in the last Baker game? To me, it feels like they are paying attention to the game, but not contributing which, for me, is scum indicative.

Because this:
In post 1841, Lavender wrote:Guess I’ll wait for things again I guess
Is absolutely ridiculous.

In post 1843, Gamma Emerald wrote:Anyone who switched off at the claim should probably be looked at
+1
In post 1849, chkflip wrote:Just Gamma and Walter? Fuckin come at me, bro.
Meh, I've defended folks for the exact same reasons. I don't think you'd have gone to the extent you did for a buddy.
In post 1863, pisskop wrote:I feel like we can sink scum starbuck later.
But I'll float because I'm not scum. Good try anyways, though.
In post 1871, chkflip wrote:I will say that I'm always angry.
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Galron »

@mod vla through Saturday
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1876, BrightEyedFish wrote:Starbuck is wavering and losing that TR but for now SB leans town.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Either I have it or I lost it, but don't lose it because I asked you a question/challenged you. I'm still trying to figure out your slot because your lack of participation yesterday didn't help me very much.

DGB needs to stop mindmelding with me.

In post 1885, NoPowerOverMe wrote:How does everyone know your position on claim stalls?
Because we've been around long enough.

In post 1893, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm spewing green.
You're still spewing pretty red to me.

In post 1897, DrippingGoofball wrote:You strategy was to obfuscate your role and make it difficult for us to know who to smash on time.
Agreed. NPOM, you caused so much all over the place confusion at the end of the day for seemingly no reason other than to purposefully spam and cause distractions. I'm firmly with DGB on this.

I do ride that Activity Overview train, but there's no goddamn reason for you to have 209 posts already.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:17 am

Post by chkflip »

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. My name is chkflip, and (as my old NCOs would say) welcome to today's Barney-style breakdown.

On today's episode we have some CHOICE fucking analysis from davesaz on the complexities of claiming, bussing, and potential mafiosos that were on or off the IKS wagon. Let's take a look.
In post 1734, davesaz wrote:any new bussing (if any) is after claim, and probably not the first 1-2 after claim.
In an absolutely stunning effort, our glorious davesaz comes in (without explicitly stating) that 1-2 of NPOM, Walter, Gamma, and Starbuck are NOT SCUM.

With analysis like that it's no wonder you do
so swimmingly
in the uspol thread.
In post 1734, davesaz wrote:Pre-claim bussing (if any) should be much earlier in the wagon before it got real, and people who had laid a foundation to not vote NPOM.
Pre-claim bussing (as in before the claim, when he was Shred-2, and therefore before the potentially cleared 1-2 out of 4 fucking people) should be much earlier in the wagon. This statement implies that the mid-wagon votes are also more likely town than not and that we're more likely to find scum in BrightEyedFish, TiphaineDeath, Bambi Jay, Titus, Looker, and pisskop. "But wait!" you fucking scream at me. "Titus is dead!" CORRECT. So we're to look at BEF, TD, Looker, and pisskop, right?

INCORRECT.

He eliminates the middle of the wagon as well, so we chop off pisskop, again NPOM (Gosh he must be conf!town to dave, eh? y/n) and... what's this!? DID DAVE ATTEMPT TO SEED IN A CLEAR ON HIMSELF!?

Top gun analysis here, boys.

Real Donald Trump level speechcraft.

Let's not forget we're also to look at people who (for whatever fucking reason) also didn't vote for NPOM, which includes IKS -- who flipped town -- Pooky, rudeboy, and A50.

That's the analysis that can be pulled when you work really fucking hard to get there.

BEF, TD, Bam Jay, Looker, Pooky, rude, and A50.

Or

ORRRRRRRR

That wasn't actually analysis, it was stating that people who vote on wagons after a particularly unbelievable claim are less likely to be scum because scum has already seen the role. They know it exists. They want it to continue existing. (Mafia theory)

And that mafia don't want to be seen on the day's "counter-wagon" because that'll leave them more obviously in the spot light. (Mafia theory)

Thank you for your time.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:27 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1908, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1876, BrightEyedFish wrote:Starbuck is wavering and losing that TR but for now SB leans town.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Either I have it or I lost it, but don't lose it because I asked you a question/challenged you. I'm still trying to figure out your slot because your lack of participation yesterday didn't help me very much.

It's not that black or white. I TR you yesterday and your "challenge" to me made the waters blurry. I am trying to stay objective thats why I didn't completely throw you in my scum pile.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Starbuck »

It is that black and white.

But you do you, boo.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:36 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1911, Starbuck wrote:It is that black and white.

But you do you, boo.
Are you scum claiming?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

Nope. I'm town all game.

I have been told that I give false positives, though.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

It's just interesting how, based on our only direct interaction (I think), that you're suddenly changing your tune.
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:46 am

Post by davesaz »

Starting from mod posted VC's only, as I certainly don't have time to generate a complete flow. Timestamps are again UTC-7 my local time, you will see different times for the same posts according to your timezone.

Note: the commentary on changes between VC's is between them, so commentary precedes the VC it's about.

Starting point for this analysis:

Spoiler: vc
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:04:06 pm
I Keep Siteflaking (7): NoPowerOverMe, Gamma Emerald, Doctor Drew, BrightEyedFish, TiphaineDeath, Almost50, WaltertheDunce10
Galron (4): Starbuck, davesaz, a2rudeboy, Bambi Jay
Doctor Drew (4): I Keep Siteflaking, chkflip, PookyTheMagicalBear, pisskop
WalterTheDunce10 (2): Galron, Looker
chkflip (1): DrippingGoofball
TiphaineDeath (1): Titus
NoPowerOverMe (1): Iecerint

Not Voting (1): Lavender

A big wagon on NPOM comes up over the next two days. IKS remains in the lead. WalterTheDunce10 leaves and Bambi Jay enters. It makes sense to look at reasons for all the people going onto NPOM. I know that Iecerint made a case, and that a lot of people said that case was their reason, but I have not paid much attention to exactly who. IKS importantly is not on NPOM.

Spoiler: VC
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:18:32 pm
I Keep Siteflaking (7): NoPowerOverMe, Gamma Emerald, Doctor Drew, BrightEyedFish, TiphaineDeath, Almost50, Bambi Jay
NoPowerOverMe (6): Iecerint, Lavender, Starbuck, WaltertheDunce10, PookyTheMagicalBear, Galron
Doctor Drew (2): I Keep Siteflaking, chkflip
Lavender (2): a2rudeboy, Titus
Galron (1): davesaz
WalterTheDunce10 (1): Looker
chkflip (1): DrippingGoofball

Not Voting (1): pisskop

This gap is 1 day 7 hours or so, and personal note I was basically unavailable during this time on a fishing trip. I skimmed this gap and part of the next one up to my vote on Sunday.

NPOM wagon changes: PookyTheMagicalBear leaves, DGB joins, chkflip joins, pisskop joins
IKS wagon changes: NPOM leaves, Gamma leaves, Titus joins, looker joins.
Wagon leavers: PookyTheMagicalBear goes to pisskop, NPOM goes to pisskop. Interesting how both of the people being wagoned go to pisskop here.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:38:24 pm
NoPowerOverMe (8): Iecerint, Lavender, Starbuck, WaltertheDunce10, Galron, DrippingGoofball, chkflip, pisskop
I Keep Siteflaking (7): Doctor Drew, BrightEyedFish, TiphaineDeath, Almost50, Bambi Jay, Titus, Looker
pisskop (4): NoPowerOverMe, I Keep Siteflaking, PookyTheMagicalBear, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (2): davesaz, a2rudeboy

Time gap here is a little under a day. I was still gone over half of it.

IKS wagon changese: Drew leaves, A50 leaves, pisskop joins, I join after returning from fishing (
note: NPOM is in the lead at that point
), NPOM joins
NPOM wagon changes: Drew joins

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57:58 pm
NoPowerOverMe (8): Iecerint, Lavender, Starbuck, WaltertheDunce10, Galron, DrippingGoofball, chkflip, Doctor Drew
I Keep Siteflaking (8): BrightEyedFish, TiphaineDeath, Bambi Jay, Titus, Looker, pisskop, davesaz, NoPowerOverMe
pisskop (3): I Keep Siteflaking, PookyTheMagicalBear, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (2): a2rudeboy, Almost50

Changes: Gamma (from pisskop), Walter (from NPOM), and Starbuck (from NPOM) go on IKS.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:49:03 am
SHREDDED I Keep Siteflaking (11): BrightEyedFish, TiphaineDeath, Bambi Jay, Titus, Looker, pisskop, davesaz, NoPowerOverMe, Gamma Emerald, WaltertheDunce10, Starbuck
NoPowerOverMe (6): Iecerint, Lavender, Galron, DrippingGoofball, chkflip, Doctor Drew
pisskop (2): I Keep Siteflaking, PookyTheMagicalBear

Not Voting (2): a2rudeboy, Almost50

Things I see in this data:

The last 3 voters on IKS moved over less than 12 hours from the end and 2/3 of them came from NPOM wagon. Deadline was early in the day for US timezones. I don't know where everyone lives so it's hard to draw any conclusion from timing.

Gamma apparently had an 8 vs 8 choice and could have chosen NPOM. I doubt Gamma is bussing from the time flow, but would need to examine the posts to go deeper on that.

Walter was on IKS much earlier, left and came back near the end. This is a potential scum pattern, in particular leaving the CW at the tipping point, which needs a deeper look at the reasons given for the votes.

The reason to look at Starbuck would be to investigate the idea of a hammer for town cred. Someone made a reference to getting up early being unlikely for scum who could let it go for a no-shred. It's 6am from my timezone but that's 9am for Eastern US and late in the day for Europe. I think it's a big conclusion jump to think getting up early has anything to do with it unless you know a particular player's timezone. At E-1 at deadline, writing is on the wall and it's a tradeoff between the pain of hammering vs. not being sure if anyone knows or will figure out you ran out the clock. I don't think we can rule out a bus here. On the flip side, it's a pretty towny move.

For the last 3, I think Gamma is unlikely to be bussing, Walter's pattern could be bussing based on having been on IKS early and coming back very late, and Starbuck's vote is actually NAI because either alignment would probably do the same in that situation.

I probably better wrap this up and come back with more in another post. It's 77 lines in notepad and that's with the paragraphs counting as one.
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:53 am

Post by davesaz »

The VCA strongly indicates that pisskop is not groupscum.
If NPOM is groupscum with a much stronger roles than IKS there are a bunch of people that become much more suspect. I'm one of them. If NPOM town those same people are almost cleared.

I want to take a closer look at BEF and DGB. Need to look in more depth on Walter's vote reasons (if any). Try to remember or find who pointed out getting up early.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:00 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

In post 1866, Galron wrote:Rudeboy, is that hunch about TD, npom and looker still good?
Nothing's changed.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:38 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1914, Starbuck wrote:It's just interesting how, based on our only direct interaction (I think), that you're suddenly changing your tune.
I said I was contemplating changing my tune.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:40 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

@Starbuck, honestly not sure how to explain my feels there. Gut and paranoia mostly x_X. You will note I am most definitely not actually voting you about it, and am in fact still hard-townreading you on actual logic.

Yeaaah, ima say chk's 1850-chunk-post felt reaaaaaly off to me, and ima vote that shit. VOTE: chk

I reaaallly like BEF's #1876, and I wanna town read them for it, and I kinda want to vote Walter, but I think ima stay on chk for now.

If there were two scum in the list of six posted in post#1884 it is very likely to be chkflip and galron. I remember not liking a bunch of galron's stuff yesterday.

I'd still really love to see NPOM die, because I am never going to stop being suspicious of them for their posts, but they are proooobably town because of the counter wagon flipping scum. It is at least statistically likely anyways. Especially with only one kill last night making me feel like we probably aren't in multi ball?

Dave vs CHK is DEFINITELY not scum v scum, unless one of them is 3P, and I am inclined to townread Dave for this.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:48 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1919, TiphaineDeath wrote:I'd still really love to see NPOM die, because I am never going to stop being suspicious of them for their posts, but they are proooobably town because of the counter wagon flipping scum. It is at least statistically likely anyways. Especially with only one kill last night making me feel like we probably aren't in multi ball?
what do you think of the fact that IKS refused to vote NPOM despite being run up like a dog
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:49 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I think it's more likely that it was him sticking to his guns, trying to look townie by not doing so, and saving his vote for a hammer? Like I get it's totally a possibility that we nailed 2 scum on D1, it just doesn't seem like the most-likely thing in the world so I am trying to give other worlds more credence in my analysis.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:53 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Also, on further reflection I love that Dave is on Walter as well as chk, and I really want to see one of those two dead today, promoting Dave to strong toweread.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:00 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

or maybe he just didnt want to bus his godfather
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:12 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

I can't fucking read chk, it seems different from the game I had with him. I can't talk about the other reason why I voted for iks.