Mini Normal 2168 | So Many Bats! | Game Over!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2525, Battle Mage wrote: I am hereby claiming a
confirmable town power role
. I.e. I can mechanically confirm myself as town.

So yeah, elimming me today would be....very dumb.
Dude there's like 2 days till deadline. we need a consensus. A duppin elim is that consensus. I'm completely tunnelled on you right now. If others have also had their suspicions, great, they can form their own opinion. I can understand you thinking I'm not trying hard but:

A. We're 100 pages deep on Day 1, and I just joined. Gimme a break!
B. Frequently people just sheep me regardless of how well I explain my reads.

If I'm wrong about you then that's my bad, but I have read your ISO in full, and it screams scum to me. That's my take, and in some ways, the beauty of replacements is that they can see things with a new perspective.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:37 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2533, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Duppin
Well the spotlight is now on you.

Looking forward to an response.
actually I had not even noticed you had voted on me yet, so could you explain this? you townread me and scumread his slot, he presents a meta read on me that you refute yet you still vote me
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:39 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2550, Battle Mage wrote:

Dude there's like 2 days till deadline. we need a consensus. A duppin elim is that consensus. I'm completely tunnelled on you right now. If others have also had their suspicions, great, they can form their own opinion. I can understand you thinking I'm not trying hard but:

If I'm wrong about you then that's my bad, but I have read your ISO in full, and it screams scum to me. That's my take, and in some ways, the beauty of replacements is that they can see things with a new perspective.
i even pointed it out yourself that i believe that if you are town then it is likely that the reason your readlist is so different compared to mine is because you replaced in.

i dont think any one of the things you just said is an excuse for not presenting a case whatsoever especially not if have read my ISO in full and it screams scum to you
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2549, duppin wrote:
In post 2546, Battle Mage wrote:did you want to do a final readslist beforehand? - if you flip town and I'm around tomorrow, I commit to giving it due consideration.
no not really, not because i dont want to but more so because my reads would really depend on how this goes down. As stated above if I get mislynched due to a player refusing to present an actual case and instead going with a meta read that another player has already proven is wrong, then it does not seem reasonable to me that town would be swayed by it (well if they do then that's really poor of them), id reckon it is more likely scum would.

i understand there is some slight bias in that but i think the logic is relatively easy to understand though. if a player already has a town read on me it does not make sense for them to do a 180 on me because a player says he has meta read that is easy to verify, would you not agree? hence why I think it is questionable of you to not present a case if you are town and really believe i am scum
I think it's safe to assume you've got what you're gonna get - I don't see why you would postpone giving reads based on the justification above. Claiming I've gone with a bad meta read on you is factually inaccurate, as
I haven't even given a meta read
. It's a poor misrep, but I'm not gonna make a fuss about it. I think you just picked up something Norweg said, and either misunderstood and ran with it when I couldn't be bothered to call you out, or you're deliberately re-writing history.

townblocking is good though man - if you can get a few town ppl, like maybe me, Noraa, Taylor aligned, we could do some good in this world. unlikely with noraa, but i'm always open to try.

And I really believe in my heart, you are scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2551, duppin wrote:

actually I had not even noticed you had voted on me
yet
, so could you explain this? you townread me and scumread his slot, he presents a meta read on me that you refute yet you still vote me
yet? so you figured it was inevitable he would at some point then? fatalistic much!

Norweg is the sort of player who can adapt to what's going on around him.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:43 am

Post by duppin »

how is it not a meta read? it is based on the assumption that the frequency of someone saying to be honest or variance of that is somehow supposed to be scummy. It is easy to prove that this has nothing to do with my alignments by looking up my games, I also asked you to please point out a game where this has ever been the point because I have a difficult time believing this is actually a read but you seem to suggest it is so i would just really like to see something because in that case at least your thoughtprocess seems to be backed up by something concrete.

but I have already shared my reads and listed my townblock but given that i think is suspicious for someone to do a 180 on me given the case you have presented i think it would be misleading for me to potentially townread a slot especially since im going to flip town if you mislim me
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2552, duppin wrote:

i even pointed it out yourself that i believe that if you are town then it is likely that the reason your readlist is so different compared to mine is because you replaced in.

i dont think any one of the things you just said is an excuse for not presenting a case whatsoever especially not if have read my ISO in full and it screams scum to you
man, you havent even properly rebutted what I've said in the last couple pages. :giggle:

you should be happy anyway that I'm not gunning you much harder. No value in continuing to bait me.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:45 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2554, Battle Mage wrote:

actually I had not even noticed you had voted on me
yet
, so could you explain this? you townread me and scumread his slot, he presents a meta read on me that you refute yet you still vote me
yet? so you figured it was inevitable he would at some point then? fatalistic much!

Norweg is the sort of player who can adapt to what's going on around him.
no i didnt expect him to vote on me, i just hadnt noticed it yet
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:46 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2556, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2552, duppin wrote:

man, you havent even properly rebutted what I've said in the last couple pages. :giggle:

you should be happy anyway that I'm not gunning you much harder. No value in continuing to bait me.
What do you mean? I clearly responded to your case on me
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2555, duppin wrote:how is it not a meta read? it is based on the assumption that the frequency of someone saying to be honest or variance of that is somehow supposed to be scummy. It is easy to prove that this has nothing to do with my alignments by looking up my games, I also asked you to please point out a game where this has ever been the point because I have a difficult time believing this is actually a read but you seem to suggest it is so i would just really like to see something because in that case at least your thoughtprocess seems to be backed up by something concrete.

but I have already shared my reads and listed my townblock but given that i think is suspicious for someone to do a 180 on me given the case you have presented i think it would be misleading for me to potentially townread a slot especially since im going to flip town if you mislim me
You are mistaken. It's not a meta-read, because it has nothing to do with any of your other games. It's entirely contained within this thread. You're mistaking it with your own meta-defence, which is you claiming that your behaviour in this game is proportionate to your other games as town.

I haven't done any meta analysis of you, so I can neither confirm nor deny your claim. I've noted what Norweg said - even if he is correct, which he may not be, that doesn't invalidate my argument in and of itself. I'm not totally convinced you've done that analysis on yourself either, which would make me question why you would blindly rely on Norweg, and not make a value judgement about his alignment based on him defending you in this way. Although I can understand you being pre-occupied with self-defence right now.

Remember, in mafia it isn't solely about the words you use, but their frequency and context, amongst other things. I'm very big on this sort of stuff, as you can probably tell. The "honest" stuff is just one example of a wider technique.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

actually I had not even noticed you had voted on me yet, so could you explain this? you townread me and scumread his slot, he presents a meta read on me that you refute yet you still vote me
He claimed he would be confirmed PR. That puts the pressure on him, if you flip town and he can't prove his role tommorow he is likely confirmed scum.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2560, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

He claimed he would be confirmed PR. That puts the pressure on him, if you flip town and he can't prove his role tommorow he is likely confirmed scum.
which for you duppin, should make you suspect Norweg as wanting to setting up multiple mis-elims.

Do you though?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2555, duppin wrote: but I have already shared my reads and listed my townblock but given that i think is suspicious for someone to do a 180 on me given the case you have presented i think it would be misleading for me to potentially townread a slot especially since im going to flip town if you mislim me
i mean this feels like an argument for you scumreading Norweg, but you haven't been so bold....yet.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

anyway I'm freakin' hungry! Have fun y'all, I'll catch you later!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:54 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2559, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2555, duppin wrote:how is it not a meta read? it is based on the assumption that the frequency of someone saying to be honest or variance of that is somehow supposed to be scummy. It is easy to prove that this has nothing to do with my alignments by looking up my games, I also asked you to please point out a game where this has ever been the point because I have a difficult time believing this is actually a read but you seem to suggest it is so i would just really like to see something because in that case at least your thoughtprocess seems to be backed up by something concrete.

You are mistaken. It's not a meta-read, because it has nothing to do with any of your other games. It's entirely contained within this thread. You're mistaking it with your own meta-defence, which is you claiming that your behaviour in this game is proportionate to your other games as town.
A meta read does not have to be directly related to a player though. However I also never claimed my behaviour in this game is proportionate to my other games (it is though), I claimed that me saying to be honest and stuff like that has nothing to do with my alignment. In fact I never said it had anything to do with my town game, I am saying it has nothing to do with my alignment whatsoever.
I haven't done any meta analysis of you, so I can neither confirm nor deny your claim. I've noted what Norweg said - even if he is correct, which he may not be, that doesn't invalidate my argument in and of itself. I'm not totally convinced you've done that analysis on yourself either, which would make me question why you would blindly rely on Norweg, and not make a value judgement about his alignment based on him defending you in this way. Although I can understand you being pre-occupied with self-defence right now.
I have not done the analysis but as I said earlier another player complained about me saying to be honest a lot before so I thought it was funny. I dont believe I was scumread for it in the game though I jsut think they complained about it
Remember, in mafia it isn't solely about the words you use, but their frequency and context, amongst other things. I'm very big on this sort of stuff, as you can probably tell. The "honest" stuff is just one example of a wider technique.
I mean sure but you probably have to revaluate that method then because if you are town then you are completely wrong. See I actually find this a bit frustrating because if you are town then I do not think you are being very unfair towards me. You clearly have no interest in solving my slot and I mean it is what it is you did admit that you are just tunneling me at this point but meh
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:56 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2561, Battle Mage wrote:

which for you duppin, should make you suspect Norweg as wanting to setting up multiple mis-elims.

Do you though?
that's a weird question to ask since I was the one to question his vote on me after I had just stated that I do not think it makes sense for a town to be swayed by this is they had a townread on me. Obviously I think it is suspicious in fact I have been very vocal about being opposed to the idea of chainlims it's also why I dislike how some players "feel" that a discussion is more likely to be TvS over TvT on day 1 especially when it would result in them flipping on their reads
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:58 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2471, Battle Mage wrote:And yeah, I think scum you is likely to put in lots of 'effort' because you probably love being scum in this game where town appears to be rudderless and impotent
im high efforting this game and am very excited with this plist here so yeah
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:58 am

Post by duppin »

In post 2562, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2555, duppin wrote: but I have already shared my reads and listed my townblock but given that i think is suspicious for someone to do a 180 on me given the case you have presented i think it would be misleading for me to potentially townread a slot especially since im going to flip town if you mislim me
i mean this feels like an argument for you scumreading Norweg, but you haven't been so bold....yet.
Because this is just happening and I prefer to give him the chance to explain himself
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:59 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2484, Battle Mage wrote:I agree. It's a concern that I can only see eye-to-eye with Shelly-scum. Although maybe I'm wrong and you're town, which would be very good news.
why do you think this is scum!AI to be concerned of a no lim though, you think im LAMISTing?

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:00 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2493, Battle Mage wrote:if you're town shelly, you're good town. I respect that.
thanks and no offence but noraaaaaa is bad town sometimes, like how is going against the consensus + following the consensus both scum!AI?

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:01 am

Post by duppin »

but we don't know how he could confirm himself. he can just claim he was roleblocked and perhaps it is even true. As I said if you mislim me today I don't want you to automatically lim him no matter how awful his play is today just because of my flip, but yes you should definitely be wary of him.
Anywho does this mean that you want to lim be even though you are townreading just because of his soft claim?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:02 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2499, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I just showed you he uses the word "honestly" regardless of alignment, it's just a word he likes to use.
That tell clearly isn't appropriate to use when reading him.
fwiw one of the scum traits is over explanation so I can see how the word “honestly” pings that way

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I mostly just wanted to see how you would respond to the pressure Duppin. Since BM seemed so convinced on you.
But his case is really bad.
UNVOTE:
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:03 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 2508, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You're literally the scummiest player alive in this game and if you'd pull something like claiming a cop guilty on your scum teammate to buss again i wouldn't believe a word of it.
Luckily this is day 1 and you're the elimination today so that won't be a problem.
so this game just became norway + Noraa vs BM

I kinda want to consider scum partners norway+Noraa here

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

BM i had hoped you would have more than "yeah gut scum on Duppin, he playing really well though"