Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 70, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 64, Donempire wrote:Joqiza seems town here, way too towny in fact. I'll have to think about this some more because the rapid fire responses seem planned. I dont know if its a PP joq pairing yet, but penguins questions feel weak and joqs seem too strong.
Joc asked like 1 question. Most of those posts were responses. I dont understand this post.
Thats what i mean. It seems unnatural to be asking such lightweight questions for pp in specific. Maybe im just being a contrarian. I dont buy the exchange, anyway.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Donempire »

c
<something nice>
give me back my pagetop

As a reminder, please be civilized. You can get a pagetop every day. Stop arguing about who gets the pagetop. If you really wanna argue, please be civilized and calm and argue in an orderly manner.
Last edited by Sirius9121 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly Dongempire
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 am

Post by PenguinPower »

language dude
<(") | (")>
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 am

Post by Donempire »

c
<something nice>
*nt
Last edited by Sirius9121 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 am

Post by Donempire »

Why am i reasoning with someone who stole my pagetop though

You deserve nothing but scorn
Formerly Dongempire
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I didn't steal it from it...it was mine. By 4 seconds.
<(") | (")>
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 76, Donempire wrote:
In post 64, Donempire wrote:Joqiza seems town here, way too towny in fact. I'll have to think about this some more because the rapid fire responses seem planned. I dont know if its a PP joq pairing yet, but penguins questions feel weak and joqs seem too strong.
Joc asked like 1 question. Most of those posts were responses. I dont understand this post.
Thats what i mean. It seems unnatural to be asking such lightweight questions for pp in specific. Maybe im just being a contrarian. I dont buy the exchange, anyway.
I'm not taking issue with what you're saying about Penguin. More about what you're saying about Joc. Joc asked literally 1 question (I'm not counting the first page sort of rumination about whether you can catch scum page 1). It wasn't a super strong question. Why did you think Joc's questions were too strong. It seemed weird at the moment so im curious what you meant by it.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Sirius9121 »

Nona has been prodded (#1)
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 82, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 76, Donempire wrote:
I'm not taking issue with what you're saying about Penguin. More about what you're saying about Joc. Joc asked literally 1 question (I'm not counting the first page sort of rumination about whether you can catch scum page 1). It wasn't a super strong question. Why did you think Joc's questions were too strong. It seemed weird at the moment so im curious what you meant by it.
Ahh. Thats my bad on the wording. I meant jocs responses to the questions felt too strong, as if they were premeditated.
In post 43, joqiza wrote:When did I say anything about absent of questioning?
In post 36, joqiza wrote:I've seen lolhammers in the past, and I guess I could see the not-confirmed Player 7 / AFK stumbling back in and hammering. But that wasn't really a concern. I didn't think anyone would really hammer in a 7p.

More, the amount of votes just felt wrong. She said, "ego." It's not commensurate with three votes to me, not after 1 page.
Not only is the wording weird, (who tf says absent of questioning) he speaks very confidently for something thats clearly rvs.
Formerly Dongempire
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

He was responding to my wording...weird nitpick there.
<(") | (")>
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 68, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Whats up man? 9 points out of a possible 9 and Salah off to a strong start. Up the Reds.
Pilgrim is definitely town

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 72, Donempire wrote:make jokes about soccer all you want
Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win. (Actual quote by English footballer Gary Lineker) :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

Do I join the scum hunting or the name calling? THAT is the question. (Monkey Shakes a Pear)

Spoiler:

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:23 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 65, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 40, joqiza wrote:I think I'd prefer to find a scumread first, and then apply pressure, instead of the other way around. Or at least E-1 pressure. PR/VT tells are a thing too.
So why just unvote and not vote me? You had said you thought I was scum based on my opening. Which I guess makes you a United supporter, but you just unvoted rather than voting me. Why?
I was thinking about voting you last night, but in the end didn't really feel the need to. I was pretty sure people were going to come back in here and react to the Page 2 content. A vote felt ceremonial.

RVS is still a bit awkward to me. We don't really do it so much on our home site. Rather, we ask each other questions and we vote when we feel something. I don't really scumread you yet. You just ended up being M when I put a gun to my own head.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:27 am

Post by joqiza »

Dong, would you say you read my exchange with PP as SvS? That's the sense I'm getting from the way you've phrased your posts. Or is there a different way you're thinking about the interaction?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 90, joqiza wrote:
Dong, would you say you read my exchange with PP as SvS? That's the sense I'm getting from the way you've phrased your posts. Or is there a different way you're thinking about the interaction?
That was what i was saying. I think its a possibility, but i dont know how likely it is. More over, do you think my thinking is flawed?
Formerly Dongempire
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:04 am

Post by joqiza »

I think I can see how the interaction could be viewed as weird. You are wrong, of course. But I wasn't sure how I felt about the interaction myself, from my side.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Donempire »

I guess my read comes more from not having meta knowledge, but i guess someone coming from epic mafia would play like this. I still dont know what to feel about it, and svs is still an option.
On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
Formerly Dongempire
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:14 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 76, Donempire wrote: Thats what i mean. It seems unnatural to be asking such lightweight questions for pp in specific. Maybe im just being a contrarian. I dont buy the exchange, anyway.
In post 84, Donempire wrote: Not only is the wording weird, (who tf says absent of questioning) he speaks very confidently for something thats clearly rvs.
I'm not gonna dispute the way you've phrased some of this. "way too towny", "too strong", "very confidently". I appreciate your word choice. :mrgreen:

I think it's totally an interaction that could be seen as SvS, at surface level. We did basically show up in thread at the same time, exchange what amounted to a few pleasantries, talk about some game theory basically, and then PP outs a TR on me and we both leave. So I can see it in a way. (A bit too obvious, maybe. And I usually distance my partners.)

The only post I think is unfair is , because as PP already pointed out, that's me responding to him. I'm mirroring his language in order to make a point.

In general I think I'll end up having a "strong" and "confident" tone this game. (Self-serious could be another descriptor.) Someone once told me the vibes I give off are "confident with a twist of crazy."
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:20 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 93, Donempire wrote:I guess my read comes more from not having meta knowledge, but i guess someone coming from epic mafia would play like this.
Do you mean the way I've approached RVS so far, when you mean EM meta? Or do you mean something else?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:25 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 93, Donempire wrote:On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
PP and Lost both just TR me. That's one TR, not "tossing everyone they see into townpile." And I think was a joke.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 am

Post by joqiza »

I sort of TR Dong. Some of his posts are a stretch, but he's shaded over half the p-list already. He's burning a lot of early bridges if he's scum.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 95, joqiza wrote:
In post 93, Donempire wrote:I guess my read comes more from not having meta knowledge, but i guess someone coming from epic mafia would play like this.
Do you mean the way I've approached RVS so far, when you mean EM meta? Or do you mean something else?
Your thinking on your feet, if that makes sense. My main gripe with how you responded to penguin was more in how quickly you responded and to me seemed like it could be planned in advance. Like i said, im just unaccustomed to seeing a player like you, but thats no reason for scumreading someone.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 96, joqiza wrote:
In post 93, Donempire wrote:On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
PP and Lost both just TR me. That's one TR, not "tossing everyone they see into townpile." And I think was a joke.
Still, losts third post in the game is tring someone with no given explanation. Maybe pp can be explained since he was talking with you, losts post didnt accomplish much of anything.
Formerly Dongempire