Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 93, Donempire wrote:I guess my read comes more from not having meta knowledge, but i guess someone coming from epic mafia would play like this. I still dont know what to feel about it, and svs is still an option.
On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
You think townbinning people too early is scum motivated?
Nona
Nona
Goon
Nona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Nona »

back.

i got town vibes from joqiza and pp's interaction earlier.

i also like billy pilgrim's question above^
Nona
Nona
Goon
Nona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Nona »

In post 99, Donempire wrote:
In post 96, joqiza wrote:
In post 93, Donempire wrote:On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
PP and Lost both just TR me. That's one TR, not "tossing everyone they see into townpile." And I think was a joke.
Still, losts third post in the game is tring someone with no given explanation. Maybe pp can be explained since he was talking with you, losts post didnt accomplish much of anything.
do you mean that an outside observer could not get as much info from the conversation despite that they can read every word of it as well?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 100, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 93, Donempire wrote:I guess my read comes more from not having meta knowledge, but i guess someone coming from epic mafia would play like this. I still dont know what to feel about it, and svs is still an option.
On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
Its anti town, and i dont think people should be indulging in throwing out random reads for the sake of it. Theres clear danger in townreading scum that might not be obvious at first glance, acting and reading people comprehensibly is good for town while throwing out random reads are not.
Whatever. Its 1 am, i just want to say that yeah its pretty anti town
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 102, Nona wrote:
In post 93, Donempire wrote:On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
PP and Lost both just TR me. That's one TR, not "tossing everyone they see into townpile." And I think was a joke.
Still, losts third post in the game is tring someone with no given explanation. Maybe pp can be explained since he was talking with you, losts post didnt accomplish much of anything.
do you mean that an outside observer could not get as much info from the conversation despite that they can read every word of it as well?
Penguin asks the questions penguin wants to ask. Unless lost was going to ask the exact same questions, why should he have the exact same read penguin does?
Like i said, penguins is understandable. Probably losts read is as well, but not until he explains it himself.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by joqiza »

I don't really see the harm in throwing out some early reads tbh. Based purely on rand every other player is already town with 66% certainty. It doesn't take that much additional data to form a townread. I can sort of vibe with the whole "constant vigilance" thing cuz I'm pretty cautious myself, but that stems more from me not liking being wrong. In terms of gameplay it's fine throwing out some early reads, as long as you stay open and re-evaluate as new information is presented.

I'd like to see Lost come back and... give some more takes on shit. Cuz rn he's just chilling on E-1.

Lastly, imma VOTE: Almost50. I don't know where his head's at. Give me something.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by joqiza »

Believe it or not, on my homesite I'm considered like the midrange in terms of post volume. I'm rarely the highest or near the highest. In EM games we can rack up 2,000 posts in a couple days, easy. Not trying to throw shade, just a different atmosphere. I'm not used to feeling like I have to drive content.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Official Vote Count

Lost
(3): Dongempire, PenguinPower, Almost50
Nona
(1): Billy Pilgrim
PenguinPower
(1): Lost
Almost50
(1): joqiza

Not Voting
(1): Nona

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-10-09 09:00:00)
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Nona
Nona
Goon
Nona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Nona »

In post 104, Donempire wrote:
In post 102, Nona wrote:
Penguin asks the questions penguin wants to ask. Unless lost was going to ask the exact same questions, why should he have the exact same read penguin does?
Like i said, penguins is understandable. Probably losts read is as well, but not until he explains it himself.
oh i see. you mean unless lost has the same thoughts as penguin's regarding joqiza's thoughts early on he shouldn't have the same read.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Lost »

In post 67, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 48, Lost wrote:
In post 46, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Lost

Like joqiza for town.
me too
Why?
i liked

do u have a diff opinion on him?
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Lost »

In post 89, joqiza wrote:
In post 65, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 40, joqiza wrote:I think I'd prefer to find a scumread first, and then apply pressure, instead of the other way around. Or at least E-1 pressure. PR/VT tells are a thing too.
So why just unvote and not vote me? You had said you thought I was scum based on my opening. Which I guess makes you a United supporter, but you just unvoted rather than voting me. Why?
I was thinking about voting you last night, but in the end didn't really feel the need to. I was pretty sure people were going to come back in here and react to the Page 2 content. A vote felt ceremonial.

RVS is still a bit awkward to me. We don't really do it so much on our home site. Rather, we ask each other questions and we vote when we feel something. I don't really scumread you yet. You just ended up being M when I put a gun to my own head.
u should vote. voting is good
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Lost »

also can you better explain your read on billy
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Lost »

In post 103, Donempire wrote:
Its anti town, and i dont think people should be indulging in throwing out random reads for the sake of it. Theres clear danger in townreading scum that might not be obvious at first glance, acting and reading people comprehensibly is good for town while throwing out random reads are not.
even more antitown is just saying random reads are bad instead of asking for reasons for reads.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by Lost »

i like nona

hi nona what do you think about billy
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Lost »

choochoo

VOTE: almost

would like to hear more from you almost. what are your thoughts on dong
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:06 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 105, joqiza wrote: Lastly, imma VOTE: Almost50. I don't know where his head's at. Give me something.
In post 114, Lost wrote:choochoo

My thoughts are the exact same thoughts pf PP. Whatever he says I agree with, and wherever he votes my vote follows.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, does me putting someone @E-1 mean anything to you?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:10 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 111, Lost wrote:also can you better explain your read on billy
I don't have one. He turned up "M" in a gut-read exercise that I've been doing in my games recently. If I had to say why, it's probably because his opening line was addressing another player, in a way that felt like it might be comfy for scum. I don't actually put much stock into a page 1 read. I just posted it to get people talking about something. Start of the game felt anemic to me.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Lost »

In post 115, Almost50 wrote:
In post 105, joqiza wrote: Lastly, imma VOTE: Almost50. I don't know where his head's at. Give me something.
In post 114, Lost wrote:choochoo

My thoughts are the exact same thoughts pf PP. Whatever he says I agree with, and wherever he votes my vote follows.
so you agree with everything dong and pp are saying?
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Lost »

In post 116, Almost50 wrote:Btw, does me putting someone @E-1 mean anything to you?
not rly, but if you continue to push it then maybe i'd be interested.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Lost »

In post 117, joqiza wrote:
In post 111, Lost wrote:also can you better explain your read on billy
I don't have one. He turned up "M" in a gut-read exercise that I've been doing in my games recently. If I had to say why, it's probably because his opening line was addressing another player, in a way that felt like it might be comfy for scum. I don't actually put much stock into a page 1 read. I just posted it to get people talking about something. Start of the game felt anemic to me.
what do you think of his posting recently? or rather, what do you think of his non page-1 posts?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:22 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 116, Almost50 wrote:Btw, does me putting someone @E-1 mean anything to you?
Not really. I can't unvote this one since I'm not on the wagon. Arguably it is a non-associative but IMO surely if I were scum I'd take a chance to put my partner on E-1 early. I would rather get your takes on the interactions between players this game. Even gut reads can be helpful.

Am I interpreting correctly--you TR penguin? Why?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

This sort of pushing hard on "anti-town" behavior is different in both tone and content from your past couple of town games. Its not a mirror of your scum game, but I only found one and you replaced out.

This feels like you trying to rush into a read and yet simulatenously not committing to it, since you waffled on whether it was scummy in the beginning.

In principle im voting Dong here, but I dont want to lol hammer.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

This sort of pushing hard on "anti-town" behavior is different in both tone and content from your past couple of town games. Its not a mirror of your scum game, but I only found one and you replaced out.

This feels like you trying to rush into a read and yet simulatenously not committing to it, since you waffled on whether it was scummy in the beginning.

In principle im voting Dong here, but I dont want to lol hammer.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Lost »

let me just