Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 246, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 245, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its a trolling semi-defense of Noraa
I think it was just a joke
It can be both, right?

Like you shouldn't read into its content more than it being a joke, but its INTENT right, at that time?

mixed with Taylor's defense of Noraa being all meta here, making it kind of unarguable. Plus them being like "just sort them later, just sort them later".

It could definitely be intended as a soft defense to make Noraa's thing look less suspect since more people meme'd about it right?

Here's the problem in a game like this with "sorting someone later" right?

you can't think of this like a 15-5. Because every scum death minus the last one, also equals a town death.

Which means if we kill 4 scum, we're down 4 people, plus a kill is 5 guaranteed deaths.

Which means best case scenario we need to knock 5 townies off our townie list and start from there. Only way this doesn't happen is if it's best case scenario of execute a scum, scum passes to a townie, townie kills a scum.

however since the scum know who each townie are likely to murder, they will generally pass to people who won't murder them.

So usually, we're getting 2 town deaths for a scum death.

So consider it a 10-5 nightless vanilla with extra walking corpses.

if we go down a 3 town death hole and end up 7-5, we're in a _bad_ state cause the ration doesn't like to change.

Like... 12-5, even if we get 4 scum in a row, assumign 2 town to 1 scum looks like...

10-4
8-3
6-2
4-1
3-1 (from the kill shot)

So that's like a... REASONABLE outcome for this game, right? If things play on average. that puts us in an okay position because the next scroll just needs to include the scum on it.

But imagine we get even ONE MORE MISS.

and it's suddenly 9-5
7-4
6-3
4-2
2-1
1-1 from shot

We're done. We would need a townie miracle recovery where we kill 2 scum in one cycle of curses to win.

That's why putting people "off until later" is bad. Because we need to find and kill scum to get evidence as best as possible and we can't afford to triple miss.

Which is why I'm suspicious of anyone who is halting wagon progress that is developing information.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 245, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its a trolling semi-defense of Noraa
actually it was more of an attack "look at me i must be town cuz i townslipped"

also i never joke. joking is for scum.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 am

Like everyone should read that above post to understand how precarious our position in this game is and why we need to be _very_ careful.

We get 1 bad outcome, maybe 2 if we're lucky and get a double scum death in a 3 death pile.

Which is why delaying and hemming and hawwing and trying to survive isn't optimal here.

Make your peace with your reads, generate strong ones, expect to die, and kill as many scum as you can while leaving your last will and testament.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hey Noraa please tell me
All of your thoughts on LLD
In post 180, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Taylor swift 3rd scum thanks bell
While I assume this is a joke
I'll give advice, make it bespoke
There's no third parties in this game
A waste you say, yeah it's a shame

'How did you know?' You ask of Hop
'Your game knowledge I'll never top'
You all could know as much as me
If only you would read OP
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 244, Adorable wrote:I don't understand why Noraa is getting defensive here in this type of setup. Noraa if you were the first to be given the scroll wouldn't you give it to your scum read?

Taylor asking do scum have a daytalk I couldn't tell if this was a joke or not.
I think you deserve a SR for this post. Let's first point out that you 100% have read up. It's clear you have
"I don't understand why she is defensive" is a point that almost everyone has said by now. I don't understand why repeating something that multiple people have said, without adding anything new is town indicative. Also there have been replies to this argument so you should point out what's wrong with the replies not ask the same thing again.

"If I were the first to get the scroll, I can give it to my SR"
Yeah but I mean would you like to die ten pages into a game cuz some experienced players think they are so absolutely right?

Also if you are truly sus of me, where's the vote?

Theres so many questions that I get when I see this post that I am definitely SRing you for it. I think I'd actually like to place my vote here bc I want to put some pressure on you. VOTE: Adorable
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:52 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 250, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:however since the scum know who each townie are likely to murder, they will generally pass to people who won't murder them.
This is actually such an obvious thing that I didn't think about at all
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:53 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

3rd scum as in #3 behind bell/noraa

we need to find 4/5 and game is over
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:55 am

In post 255, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 250, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:however since the scum know who each townie are likely to murder, they will generally pass to people who won't murder them.
This is actually such an obvious thing that I didn't think about at all
Trust me, I'm not just an angry bird yelling at clouds and pushing scum.

I have a brain in here too, and I've been calculating and considering how we act and how scum win this game from the minute I got my green pm.

And i've been watchign for people who want to control the vigs and know where they will land.

Because it's scum sided for sure.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Hectic »

Votecount 1.2

[4] PookyTheMagicalBear:
Isis, Fidget, Zdenek, Toogeloo
[4] Noraa:
UNOwen, Lady Lambdadelta, Hopkirk, MURDERCAT
[2] Tayl0r Swift:
shellyc, Tayl0r Swift
[2] shellyc:
VaultDweller, Bell
[2] Bell:
Lapsa, Flea The Magician
[1] Adorable:
Noraa

[5] Not Voting:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Gloria Cleary, MUSHSHAGANA, Adorable, Theta Alpine

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to curse someone with the scroll. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to curse.

The cursing deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-28 03:35:35).
Last edited by Hectic on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:56 am

big true

artificial voting systems and ranked preference voting is obv the sign of euro scum
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 237, Noraa wrote:
In post 234, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Isn't that just kind of telling on yourself that you don't really have a ground to call this tunnelling
no you are tunneling. its clear as day. if anyone doesn't think its tunneling, I'd think they r weird
?
In post 244, Adorable wrote:I don't understand why Noraa is getting defensive here in this type of setup. Noraa if you were the first to be given the scroll wouldn't you give it to your scum read?

Taylor asking do scum have a daytalk I couldn't tell if this was a joke or not.
Hey pick a side and show some sense
We don't need you warming the fence
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Nice try to post, but mod or not
I'll try my best to steal pagetop
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I got that wrong, it feels spooky
I've townreads on Lamb and Pooky.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
Goon
Theta Alpine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

to restate my read on noraa

i fully expect them to die today
i believe a different wagon will generate better connections between people because i believe it is fairly obvious that noraa will die soon at this point
so i see no reason to continue a wagon on someone when they will almost certainly die today and we can probably get better information somewhere else
as town won 2 games | lost 5 games | mislynched 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled once | vengekilled once | survived once
as scum won 2 games | lost none | lynched once | dayvigged once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 253, Hopkirk wrote:Hey Noraa please tell me
I think pooky's point is valid and understandable considering I would likely agree if I weren't in my own position rn in which case I disagree that was a forced townslip because I had not read the OPs. That aside, LLD jumped on my wagon right off the bat which didn't surprise me bc I definitely understand that from a town pov, that prolly read bad and not willing to give me the benefit of the doubt is understandable. The problem is that LLD used an argument to back Pooky's case up that was misleading as I was not as she implied, super hyped up and ready to play since long ago. I was actually one of the last few people to /in so her saying that I was so hyped up that it's impossible I didn't read the OPs is just unreasonable not to mention using an argument like that against me is just mean considering its literally not even on ms.

I pointed this out immediately and she never responded until I poked at her again later.

she is overly confident and half of her reasons are just like "this post is bad"

Also can we point out that I am a noob compared to the majority of the people here? I do not understand why a lot of my posts are labelled as bad bc I am absolutely solving. My reads are weak and shit but really they are always going to "look scummy" if you first assume that I am scum and then look at my posts.

I see a lot of buddying in my wagon and tbh if I flip today, it'll be really interesting to see them immediately start doubting each other for pushing me this hard. I think a lot of people this game are over their heads and way too confident. I generally associate confidence with time and experience but regardless, a day 1, 10 pages in, lock scum!Noraa is just ridiculous especially from my pov.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:07 am

In post 264, Noraa wrote:
I think pooky's point is valid and understandable considering I would likely agree if I weren't in my own position rn in which case I disagree that was a forced townslip because I had not read the OPs. That aside, LLD jumped on my wagon right off the bat which didn't surprise me bc I definitely understand that from a town pov, that prolly read bad and not willing to give me the benefit of the doubt is understandable. The problem is that LLD used an argument to back Pooky's case up that was misleading as I was not as she implied, super hyped up and ready to play since long ago. I was actually one of the last few people to /in so her saying that I was so hyped up that it's impossible I didn't read the OPs is just unreasonable not to mention using an argument like that against me is just mean considering its literally not even on ms.

I pointed this out immediately and she never responded until I poked at her again later.

she is overly confident and half of her reasons are just like "this post is bad"

Also can we point out that I am a noob compared to the majority of the people here?
I do not understand why a lot of my posts are labelled as bad bc I am absolutely solving. My reads are weak and shit but really they are always going to "look scummy" if you first assume that I am scum and then look at my posts.

I see a lot of buddying in my wagon and tbh if I flip today, it'll be really interesting to see them immediately start doubting each other for pushing me this hard. I think a lot of people this game are over their heads and way too confident. I generally associate confidence with time and experience but regardless, a day 1, 10 pages in, lock scum!Noraa is just ridiculous especially from my pov.

You don't get to use this excuse after you won that other scumgame against very competent players.

The fact you're using it now is... hmm

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 264, Noraa wrote:

Also can we point out that I am a noob compared to the majority of the people here? I do not understand why a lot of my posts are labelled as bad bc I am absolutely solving. My reads are weak and shit but really they are always going to "look scummy" if you first assume that I am scum and then look at my posts.

Can you make that more specific
The phrasing isn't terrific

You said you thought it would be fun
Did you say to everyone
That was because Hectic was mod
Or slightly on the setup laud
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:14 am

VOTE: Noraa
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 265, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You don't get to use this excuse after you won that other scumgame against very competent players.
Theres a thing called luck. Luck played in big time that game. My partner accidentally nokilled and that ultimately lead to our victory. Without that along with another player's lurking due to rl, you really think I could've won that game?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 266, Hopkirk wrote:Can you make that more specific

Did you say to everyone
what do you need more specific?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:18 am

In post 268, Noraa wrote:Theres a thing called luck. Luck played in big time that game. My partner accidentally nokilled and that ultimately lead to our victory. Without that along with another player's lurking due to rl, you really think I could've won that game?
are you trying to tell us you didn't play well in that game? :3
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 269, Noraa wrote:

Did you say to everyone
How obvious did you make it
Reading setup you did omit
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 271, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 269, Noraa wrote:

Did you say to everyone
How obvious did you make it
When you said the game 'would be fun'
That's this question for you done
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 270, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:are you trying to tell us you didn't play well in that game? :3
I literally whined so much, my partner got guiltied cuz I wouldn't do the kill and had to hammer my other partner for town cred. You think that all of this is considered good play? Plus I'm not so stupid as to know how many scum there are and barge in and ask how many there are. There are plenty of slicker ways to get towncred if I was scum.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 271, Hopkirk wrote:How obvious did you make it
this verse is hard to read but if ur asking if I read setup, no I did not read any of the OPs