Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
Doctor Drew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 3671, Gamma Emerald wrote:DD if you solidly define that as 24 hours I will match you on that
Yes then, 10PM EST tomorrow I will vote the assemble slot unless some drastic shit happens.

Also,

@Baker
tbh, wasn't really feeling the new Signs of The Swarm song.
'This might be the first game where I'm townreading Doctor Drew. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign considering he was town the previous 2 times' - Hectic
'Like I am trying to not be a tunnelly asshole Drew but my patience is running thin' - Titus
'ok just make sure to fuck them, preferably not us pls (人>ω<)' - Morning Tweet
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

@drewm @baker. Any love for Mars Volta or Fall of Troy?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I just called in a massive favor. The slot will be filled.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3644, DrippingGoofball wrote:I literally said

It has

SOME

PARALLELS
Yeah, like this is something that anyone reasonable would take to be a claim. Or even related to being a claim.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3650, DrippingGoofball wrote:So, minus FIVE. We claim at minus five.
You're the one who started off blabbering about having a role.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

Gamma hath summoned me! lol

Anybody have tips on things I should pay close attention to as i read the thread?

Or a time line of things I should look jump to first?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by chkflip »

Hi, yeah, maybe wait for the moderator to update the thread?

Real fuckin weird that you're posting beforehand bud.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Lavender »

In post 3492, Gamma Emerald wrote:And to talk about the actual game situation, my biggest concern is the aforementioned lack of a thru line for your play this game. If you could either start having one or tell me where it is that I missed, that would make me feel much better about you.
Eso, can you clarify what thru line means?
Ahahas is my brain just fried right now

Also ah DGB-san, DGB-san, if you’re going to self-vote might as well claim ah!
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

In post 3680, Grendel wrote:Gamma hath summoned me! lol

Anybody have tips on things I should pay close attention to as i read the thread?

Or a time line of things I should look jump to first?
You hopped into a slightly scummy slot 140some pgs in. All i want is content.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

For the game state. What do you feel about NPOM, DGB, TPhaine, and Lav?
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

VOTE: lav

fuck this.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 3681, chkflip wrote:Hi, yeah, maybe wait for the moderator to update the thread?

Real fuckin weird that you're posting beforehand bud.
mmm apologies. In the past here I've seen others just jump right into a game once they get mod approval before the mod changes the OP.

Hopefully I didnt break any rules. :/
a2rudeboy wrote:For the game state. What do you feel about NPOM, DGB, TPhaine, and Lav?

I'll look into them.

-/-/-/-

This is awkward but mod hasn't given me my role pm yet. I thought when he approved the sub in that I'd get the pm shortly after haha... I guess he got tied up.

Ill go ahead and start catching up. I'll respect the game and not post again until I get the pm.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Is grendal a replacement
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Maybe Walter's slot is a rolr that gets more bastard as the game goes on LOL

The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by The Baker »

Vote Count 3.06

@Doctor Drew
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Grendel (6): Bambi Jay, PookyTheMagicalBear, davesaz, TiphaineDeath, chkflip, NoPowerOverMe
DrippingGoofball (4): Iecerint, BrightEyedFish, Almost50, DrippingGoofball
TiphaineDeath (3): Galron, Starbuck, pisskop
Lavender (1): a2rudeboy

Not Voting (4): Lavender, Grendel, Gamma Emerald, Doctor Drew

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 votes to shred someone.
Heyyyyy we got someone! Grendel replaces in for Assemble
Day Three ends on Wednesday October 28th at 12:00pm EST in (expired on 2020-10-28 12:00:00)
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
Croissants for everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

Points on Starwars girl was v obtuse, wont assume shes town rn. I've noticed in passing that a few players keep putting off reading her, and IKS didnt really stick with the push. Which could be a red flag. Idk if i have anyhting to say about TiDeath naked vote.
In post 664, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:I believe, that there is at least one scum in {Looker, DrippingGoofball, pisskop, pookythemagicbear, WaltertheDance, Bambi Jay}
Slots from that set with 0 content: {Looker, Bambi Jay}
Since I have already played a game with town lurking Looker, I will VOTE: B. Jay
I would be surprized if he didnt slip a scum in here.

With Looker flipping town, I know my pressessor Walt is town, and pisskop looking is town to me, I should look at the others when i finish this.

Curious why TiDeath wasn't include here.

-/-/-/-/-
In post 1399, pisskop wrote:Claim up or ill vote you.
In post 1397, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: pisskop
In post 1402, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:That confirms my read on NPOM.
VOTE: piss
Very interesting interaction.

I dont think that IKS reactively votes a buddy for pressing them for a claim. I dont think mafia buddies vote together in such a small window of time. I dont think that Pressing players for a claim is scummy in general.

Pisskop, and NopowerOverMe are probably town.

-/-/-/-/-

DocDrew could you do me a favor and tell me what caused you to move off IKS between vote count 1.03, and 1.04?

--/-/-/-

Spoiler:
In post 1694, The Baker wrote:
Vote Count 1.11

The “Ive been drinking and I’m in bed on my phone but feel bad if I don’t give y’all a VC but I’m not gonna find a guitar meme because they are actually few and far between so here’s a so here’s a doggo” edition.
NoPowerOverMe (8): Iecerint, Lavender, Starbuck, WaltertheDunce10, Galron, DrippingGoofball, chkflip, Doctor Drew
I Keep Siteflaking (8): BrightEyedFish, TiphaineDeath, Bambi Jay, Titus, Looker, pisskop, davesaz, NoPowerOverMe
pisskop (3): I Keep Siteflaking, PookyTheMagicalBear, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (2): a2rudeboy, Almost50

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 votes to shred someone.
Day One ends on Monday, September 28th 2020 at 10:00 am EST in (expired on 2020-09-28 10:00:00)

Assuming my earlier assumption that NoPower is town was correct then this is a very interesting split. Mafia were in a position they could potentially move things onto town but it didnt happen.

With ISK posting style i wouldnt be surprised if there were mutiple scum that felt they were better off bussing for town cred then working to preserve the slot.

Obvously I dont have all the context yet. Has anybody else thought this yet?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Grendel »

In very far into Tideath's ISO, but is a highly antagonistic tone common for Tideath to those who have played with him?

I've noticed some older MS players like to act rough and uncaring in thread as scum. Depending on the roster composition it can keep a player afloat. Since scum here are generally expected to act playful, and appeasing in thread.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Grendel »

not very far in his ISO^

-/-/-/-/
In post 3684, a2rudeboy wrote:For the game state. What do you feel about NPOM, DGB, TPhaine, and Lav?
What are your thoughts on them btw?

Or point me to a case if you already have one.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

For the record, rude only votes lurkers and policy and never scumhunts a majority of the active players.

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

VOTE: unvote

He deserves a fair shot.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3682, Lavender wrote:
In post 3492, Gamma Emerald wrote:And to talk about the actual game situation, my biggest concern is the aforementioned lack of a thru line for your play this game. If you could either start having one or tell me where it is that I missed, that would make me feel much better about you.
Eso, can you clarify what thru line means?
Ahahas is my brain just fried right now

Also ah DGB-san, DGB-san, if you’re going to self-vote might as well claim ah!
I don’t think your posts are showing that you have any reads or ideas that you’re really holding onto.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

TDeath is pretty abrasive from my experience with him.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 225, TiphaineDeath wrote:I mean, I'm cool with lynching NPOM, pretty in favor even, but @DGB I would also point out that Princess Leia should be looked at as a raving lunatic, not as town or scum. I don't think anything they have done is alignment indicative.
Ahh, yeah, Tipanine was putting off reading Princess Leia.
In post 365, TiphaineDeath wrote:But, also, Leia looks like she is going for an old-school scum-strat of mine where you intentionally play so chaotically that no one can get a scumread on you and you coast to endgame, shape up at the last minute, and win. Other than wanting to throw her out a window, I am also scumreading this at this point.
but wait! I must issues a correction. He did go on to SR Leia. Is this relevant?... possibly
In post 392, TiphaineDeath wrote:Aaaand 16 pages to remind me why I don't play this game anymore. I forget exactly how deep the stupid can run. Well done ya'll <3.
THese are the kinda posts that rub me the wrong way. Blaming the town for playing badly when he himself isn't like... idk some townie messiah leading town outta the dark. He's just adding to the bad vibes, and he gets a pass for it becuase ppl assume scum dont do this stuff. :/

If its impacting him as negatively as he implies then way is he even playing? He could just sub out if its that bad.
In post 522, TiphaineDeath wrote:I really wanted a votecount to make sure I didn't miss anyone before they all unvoted, (and also cause I am lazy,) but here goes.

Wagon on me I believe, in order, was BeF(Who I think was RvS, but I'm not sure?), pooky, leia, gamma, dunce, siteflake, Npom

Bef: Rvs, null?

Pooky: I REALLY dislike the interactions I have had with this bear, but that said I really do not think it is scum. The going back and pulling up an old game that went badly to troll me pissed me off, as well as many other things it did, but going looking right there, in that moment at the beginning of a wagon, isn't a scum thing to do unless they are hard-committing to a push, and the bear was CLEARLY not hard-committed. I actually slightly, unhappily, town read this at this point.

Leia: Their trolling finally reached what I considered actively scum spreading chaos territory when they started poking at titius and threw mud in my direction as well with post#358. Feels scummy bro.
Gamma

Gamma: The pooky gamma interaction during the wagon tells me they are definitely NOT both scum together, and I think it's most likely they are both town. If one of them is scum it's more likely to be gamma.

Dunce: Looked like they had reasonable theories for both getting on and off the wagon. Could be made up, but doesn't really ping as such right now. Null for now, will re-read later.

Siteflake: Naked vote on as it was building, naked vote off as it dropped, naked vote on Npom now. Haaaaate this, like, really, really hate it, but could also just be a playstyle thing. 425 and 427 look like looking for a reason to get off the wagon though, not to just sit there and let it build so it kills me, like silent scum-man would do. Mostly null, but sliiiiight town read here.

NPom, continues to be scummy AF, and I aleady had a slight scumread on him before this nonsense. (Though I may be confbiasing here so this is almost a point in his favor, *grumblemumble fallible human psyche mumble grumble*) His interaction with the bear post wagon also feels really off to me though. But then LEIA votes him, which is actually GREAT because even with the way that crazy-person is playing they are just not scum together here, so I get early connection reads and I love those.

Given this I would REALLY like to lynch either Leia or Npom today, but that was already true. Rest of the reads definitely worthwhile anyways though.
Dont know about all these well nuanced reasons for forming town reads on the folks on his self wagon. Town tends to be less composed over this kinda pressure when forming reads. (tho it could just be that TIdeath is a better player then me :P ) NoPower isnt a player i find scummy, I dont have an opinion on Leia yet (may need to bump her up next on my read instead of TDG). Those are the only two players the he seeemed to get scummy vibes off the wagon.
In post 618, TiphaineDeath wrote:Ok, like, Flake has def not been super-towny this game, but maaaan am I not loving how quickly all these wagons keep forming.
Looks like a soft defense. Tideath doesn't wanna hard commit to a read one way or the other.
In post 750, TiphaineDeath wrote:Bef, how is Npom town? I do not understand this one.
I'll be honest, a lot of my read on No power is due to a single interaction between him Pisskop, and Site flaker.

@Tideath, Can you talk me though your No POwer SR more thoroughly please?

-/-/-/-/-/-

EoD1 and theres more pointing towards TiDeath being scum then there is him being town. I also dont think there were any interactions there that point agianst him being with SIter Flake. Like even his final vote could easily be bussing out of a feeling that SiteFlake was unsalvageable this game.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 3696, Gamma Emerald wrote:TDeath is pretty abrasive from my experience with him.
Mmm... noted.

WHat are your reads this game?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

WELCOME TO THE GAME DUDE
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple