Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4775 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4773, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4772, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4770, MathBlade wrote:You’re looking for scum that meet the regular model X. I am looking for scum that meet the model Y. (I hinted at it before. Can’t complete this sentence without outing my theory) I think as long as you treat it like 6 masons instead of 6 observers/coaches you’re going to be on the wrong track.
mathblade, I'm lazy - can you please tell me who you think is scum? like 3 or 4 names
One or more of the trio DDL = Pick > JJH atm
TGP
S_S or Shelly (don’t see both)
interesting - you trust the not-so-secret 7 then?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4776 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

y TPG instead of DS or Chemist?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4777 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4774, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4537, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4525, Morning Mage wrote: How are you so sure that group was not scum though?
There's a lot of genuine solving from Mastina/Nero/Titus in the hood and i would be really impressed if that was scum theatre. They are genuinely attempting to fullfill town's wincon so i trust them based on that.
fair enough man, but i do think they would be capable of faking that if scum. hypothetically, they would have know the whole purpose of that hood was to look like they were scumhunting (assuming they had a different PT for nefarious shit).
Titus / Mastina especially are nefarious when playing scum. However at this point if they are scum they are just waiting the long game to shoot me and pretend it’s otherwise to save face. So I mean there’s only so much they can do with a constant reminder of a dude who asks questions of them. Remove him and then coast is clear.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4778 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4775, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4773, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4772, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4770, MathBlade wrote:You’re looking for scum that meet the regular model X. I am looking for scum that meet the model Y. (I hinted at it before. Can’t complete this sentence without outing my theory) I think as long as you treat it like 6 masons instead of 6 observers/coaches you’re going to be on the wrong track.
mathblade, I'm lazy - can you please tell me who you think is scum? like 3 or 4 names
One or more of the trio DDL = Pick > JJH atm
TGP
S_S or Shelly (don’t see both)
interesting - you trust the not-so-secret 7 then?
Somewhat. They may be scum siding but the more probable is they are 3P.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4779 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but Mage and Math to a lesser extent...we are 3 players. in a 23 player large. Even if you want to argue that we are scum there HAS to be other scum b/c 3 is a 23 is unbalanced as fuck.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4780 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4538, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4532, Morning Mage wrote:and I can definitely understand the paranoia!
for me, it's not just that math is paranoid of us but Math actively tried to argue that kings army wasn't scum and that a 3 person group was scum in a 23 player.

Also, Math isn't even trying to hunt for them.
hmmmm i have definitely felt he was genuinely hunting. arguing king's army wasn't scum - i didnt see it, but i couldnt defend it lol
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4781 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4779, Nero Cain wrote:but Mage and Math to a lesser extent...we are 3 players. in a 23 player large. Even if you want to argue that we are scum there HAS to be other scum b/c 3 is a 23 is unbalanced as fuck.
yes, i am well appraised of the fact that if you were scum, there would be more. :lol:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4782 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4776, Nero Cain wrote:y TPG instead of DS or Chemist?
Mainly the setup questions TPG has asked.

It seems way too focused and matches my theory I have.

DS asks questions but they don’t match the same red flags.

Chemist is more a null. He’s not a scum read or townread. The others just pop up to me more as scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4783 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4777, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4774, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4537, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4525, Morning Mage wrote: How are you so sure that group was not scum though?
There's a lot of genuine solving from Mastina/Nero/Titus in the hood and i would be really impressed if that was scum theatre. They are genuinely attempting to fullfill town's wincon so i trust them based on that.
fair enough man, but i do think they would be capable of faking that if scum. hypothetically, they would have know the whole purpose of that hood was to look like they were scumhunting (assuming they had a different PT for nefarious shit).
Titus / Mastina especially are nefarious when playing scum. However at this point if they are scum they are just waiting the long game to shoot me and pretend it’s otherwise to save face. So I mean there’s only so much they can do with a constant reminder of a dude who asks questions of them. Remove him and then coast is clear.
eh...i dont know about nefarious - it would be fairly obvious play in that scenario was my point
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4784 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4779, Nero Cain wrote:but Mage and Math to a lesser extent...we are 3 players. in a 23 player large. Even if you want to argue that we are scum there HAS to be other scum b/c 3 is a 23 is unbalanced as fuck.
I agree. That’s why I was labelling it scumsiding. They would just have secret others if scum. Again this is doubtful and goes against the plans of my absolute so I would rather not delve too far.

The other problem is conversely you have 3Ps essentially claiming god powers against a 1 shot alien. It rubs me the wrong way the other way too.

You can’t say one without the other. What’s more realistic is {redacted theory here}.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4785 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4541, Nero Cain wrote:like if Math is town it's almost comical how bad the play. While possible, I just think this bad play is scum motivated and not just bad town.
objectively, i think this is clearly an unfair indictment on his play.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4786 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4785, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4541, Nero Cain wrote:like if Math is town it's almost comical how bad the play. While possible, I just think this bad play is scum motivated and not just bad town.
Lmao

Nero has seen me at my worst.

From his POV that may be accurate.

I have had some baaaaaaaad games.

*shivers*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4787 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4784, MathBlade wrote:They would just have secret others if scum. Again this is doubtful
still arguing that king isn't scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4788 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4721, superbowl9 wrote:A50 can you read PT
I did and I relayed the suggestion as well as everything else you said.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4789 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

Nero how did Mastina reset when April flipped green? What did your hood do?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4790 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4542, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also, A50 hood is trustworthy too.
In post 4570, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4534, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4528, shellyc wrote:
In post 4527, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4526, shellyc wrote:4518 is shady in a weird way

im gonna be deathtunnelling MM next after I've been more settled on bell
MM/Chemist/DDL/pete/{S_S, TGP} is my current solve
I'm mech conftown though :lol: 2 players can definitely confirm i'm town, and for some reason another 3/4 players are also doing so.

So good luck with that! :wink:
why is mm mech conftown i did not read some of this thread
im not sure if we'd been outted yet (so my bad if not, i got over-excited :facepalm: ) but it doesn't matter in the context of the game now. We're part of the mason group, so A50 knows we are town.
Lovely, just lovely.

Of all the cards not to spill you had to do this one.

Like we are so fucked.
haha in my defence, i wasnt exactly in favour of us being outted to the other mason group. shit happens dude - it was pretty fucking obvious from Titus' sudden U-turn on our slot that we were the other mason.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4791 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

That makes a lot more sense.

Titus has been allergic to pants this game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4792 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4786, MathBlade wrote:
Lmao

*shivers*
? you normally play badly, but you think Nero is justified in thinking you are playing particularly badly here?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4793 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

It wasn’t Titus who outed you to me btw.

Masons have this kind of “aura” when they post. It tends to be a bit too friendly in thread.

It’s hard to explain but there’s a vibe.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4794 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Morning Mage »

i have no idea what you're talking about dude
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4795 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Morning Mage »

i'm always friendly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4796 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4792, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4786, MathBlade wrote:
Lmao

*shivers*
? you normally play badly, but you think Nero is justified in thinking you are playing particularly badly here?
It’s not a “normally” thing. I am swingy and much better on alt accounts on other websites. (Which I don’t mention because I don’t want the Math taint to spread to those) . I generally am hit or miss.

If I can get a firm foundation of a few correct town reads and a scumread and the right narrative I am gold.

If I get the wrong idea I am stubborn AF.

So Nero could be flashing back to games like Civ. It didn’t raise any pings to me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4797 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4795, Morning Mage wrote:i'm always friendly
You are. It’s more a “not really questioning” vibe. When if you are not masons you would.

It’s hard to show an absence.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4798 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4742, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4739, Almost50 wrote:Nice, but he would have still handed the next invention the NEXT night to be used ANOTHER NIGHT after.
Yeah, but now he can't. If they kill him N3, it doesn't stop the invention from going through, even if they have to wait until N4 for it to do anything.
I kinda reconsidered and now see your logic. That puts a bit of a dent in my theory regarding why he was NK'd.

See, the way I thought it was all about shelly being "additionally confirmed" (if there's such a thing) by flipping Plus a TOWN. Sometimes I try to think how "newb/naive" scum do. Yours is more like how "seasoned/experienced" scum go about it.

Thanks for the help. Both you AND shelly are off my list for today.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4799 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4798, Almost50 wrote:
In post 4742, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4739, Almost50 wrote:Nice, but he would have still handed the next invention the NEXT night to be used ANOTHER NIGHT after.
Yeah, but now he can't. If they kill him N3, it doesn't stop the invention from going through, even if they have to wait until N4 for it to do anything.
I kinda reconsidered and now see your logic. That puts a bit of a dent in my theory regarding why he was NK'd.

See, the way I thought it was all about shelly being "additionally confirmed" (if there's such a thing) by flipping Plus a TOWN. Sometimes I try to think how "newb/naive" scum do. Yours is more like how "seasoned/experienced" scum go about it.

Thanks for the help. Both you AND shelly are off my list for today.
Can I say my thing now?
GTKAS -- MathBlade