Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

So for UNOwen I could go through their iso quoting half their posts, but it's easier to get a sense of this if you read the whole thing. They have no meaningful presence in this game. I can't find one meaningful thing in the second half of their iso. It's all just hollow, shallow, 'I'm here and speaking' but it doesn't actually say anything. Nothing Unowen says advances the gamestate. It's commentary and random comments but it's not actually doing anything. I can't even tell what their reads are beyond the vaguest sense. Can't even see who they want to lethal and it doesn't feel like they care. General vibe is just a 'keeping the presence and flying under the radar while people get into conflicts and dodge the lethal.'

Some specific pings, although the biggest ping is the null enthusiasm tone that permeates the iso. I don't get any pings of authenticity or caring.
In post 298, UNOwen wrote:Ah yes, I knew that my vote against Noraa would lead to good things.
The wagon looks promising, Noraa's reaction to the pressure has indeed been flaily.
Adorable's vote was not great.
In post 708, UNOwen wrote:
In post 703, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:UNOwen is here! Quick, get 'em!

UNOwen, I would like your opinions. All of them (that are relevant to the game). I would like them soon, because right now your slot is /content free/. Zero calories. No fat, sugar, artificial flavors, natural flavors. 100% empty.
I disagree my slot is content free. It has a juicy and filling Noraa scum read, I do not expect to vote elsewhere until she is cursed.
If there is something specific you'd like me to opine about, ask and I will provide.
So in these two posts Unowen is basically locked into the Noraa vote after making it in RVS. Tries to act both times as though their vote had any meaningful impact on the wagon and glosses over the actual cases on Noraa at this stage. Coasting nil effort and trying to let it build.
In post 1201, UNOwen wrote:
In post 834, Noraa wrote: Yeah I got so fucking pissed that she used an outside influence against me. I literally just said I was excited to play a game that Hectic modded and she twisted that to somehow prove that there's no possible way I didn't read the OPs. Uno you have played with me before and you really think I'm scum here?
I'm afraid I do.
In post 865, Tayl0r Swift wrote:owen what are your reads atm?
Noraa scum.
Adorable scum.
Zdenek scum?

As earlier, if you want me to look at a specific player then I will.
In post 1203, UNOwen wrote:
In post 1172, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: These people, please read Hopkirk and give me a read. "Null" is not a read unless you can justify it real well, please. I want you to lean TOWN or SCUM essentially "would you kill Hopkirk?"
Yes I would kill Hopkirk, I can see him as scum. That is a low confidence suspicion though and would prefer cursing elsewhere for now.
In the above two posts, the below ones, and above ones you can see Unowen only does stuff when promopted. There's so many cases of 'if you want me to do x then ask' which doesn't give me any sense of proactivity/enthusiasm.

The reads also suck. Noraa read doesn't seem justified beyond consensus despite not engaging with the case in a way that they'd take flak for on a townflip. The other 3 reads (me at the time, Zor, Ador) are all just low activity players, unsubstantiated, and look like fishing for LHF.
In post 1709, UNOwen wrote:Noraa's read list was interesting enough, but she is very capable of high effort as scum in this situation. It's a bit mean if she is town but we are in a game state where there appears to actually be an overwhelming majority that thinks she is scum so I believe the best way forward is to clarify that at the first opportunity. Going through the process of cursing two players while this is hanging over the game does not seem a very smart idea.

Adorable's spiderweb accusation against me which connected together posts from three different players was pretty earnest, which could suggest newbtown. I think it will be possible to get a more solid read there as they post more.
Fence sitty as hell. From this point on it's unclear how UNOwen reads Noraa outside of their vote staying on. Seems like trying to distance from the wagon while still wanting it to go through by doing nothing to get any other wagons gaining momentum and sitting on it until deadline forces it then tries to avoid any blame for it. Feeds into my overall read of scum lightposting and trying not to rock the gamestate.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Titus »

Good news is, I got the apartment.

Bad news... it's unfurnished.

So less anxiety but less time.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

What's your hardlocktownblock look like Adorable?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 2676, Titus wrote:Good news is, I got the apartment.

Congrats.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:44 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2676, Titus wrote:Good news is, I got the apartment.

congrats!
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I feel like there was a reason I townread Titus but I don't remember. Can you obvtown Titus or remind my Pooky?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:50 am

she probly doesnt attack me like this if she's scum
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:51 am

her posts reflect a willful ignorance about the game state that doesn't seem faked - if she had a scum PT to look at I can't imagine she would be this clueless about what's happened already in the game.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I think it was something like two of my townreads said it and I thought 'ok sure, I'm not great at sorting her so sure'
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Titus »

This gamestate, maybe this setup, is particularly frustrating. I win by finding and protecting my townreads (despite how tunnely I get, I know its not my best play). This setup makes it hard to do that.

For instance, I heavily lean town on Taylor. By necessity, that means I can only eliminate Pooky in the third position. That's problematic because I don't know Pooky is scum.

The other option is to accept my townread's eventual death but make her second, so she has agency to kill the scum.

Neither is a good option.

This whole setup feels like picking the less bad option.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Adorable »

These are the players I have been town reading.

MURDERCAT
LL
Hopkirk
Theta
Shelly
Taylor
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Sorry, folks. This thread is a trainwreck.

I agree Toogaloo is town here, but I respect and admire the willingness to be the sacrifice to avoid town losing scroll picks. I also agree with it and think I'd rather put a nullish townie in scroll-possession than let scum pick strong town members -- probably not the leader figures, I think they're all wrong. Most likely an obvtown or a middle-list with a bad solve. (Example. As scum, I'd take Murdercat here even if 3/5 are right, for instance, because you can have your team shape the direction the next shots go and discredit the whole list with green flips. There's levels of WIFOM possible here, but first order misdirection is more effective than anything more intense usually.) Point being that I'm more willing to let Toogaloo go here than I would in many setups, this one's just super conducive to sacrificing townreads you trust for scumreads you don't. The wagon looks stalled by how hard town has fragmented, so let's give it a push. I really want town to control the scroll flow here, folks. VOTE: Toogaloo

I'm even more on the "Hopkirk is scum" side of things now. Zdenek's ISO looks about as town as blobby things spilling out of a meteorite. The intensity of Hopkirk on that point makes me think Zdenek could either be extremely anti-town townie or scum -- WIFOM involved there, after all. Hopkirk seems like the type to do arbitrarily deeply layered WIFOM, so I don't feel like I can guess which. Either way, Zdenek is definitely not playing a good town game. Hopkirk also has a lot of scummy gut feelings surrounding. I don't think it quite qualifies as a gut read here, but there's also the way jokes are used to apparently obfuscate meaning and intent to a similar end as the use of the gimmick posting earlier on. (Which, for the record, makes me think Hopkirk is telling the truth about the why of stopping, and doesn't like that people are scumreading them for that. Gimmick posting to start was the scummy thing, not the stopping of it.)

I wasn't entirely cognizant of the closeness of the deadline when I was preparing for my big push, so I'm going to save it till during the scroll passing phase of things. The point is to create a map of the connections in the gamestate, which will help anyone who has the scroll and knows how to read around the edges of a big push. Doing it beforehand risks derailing the necessary wagon. I can say I've decided on my target and my approach, and I'm /very glad/ I picked the target I did. The other one I was considering was Titus, so you can see how that would go at this point in time in this game. (Still townread Titus: as I stated before, I will push my townreads if I feel I'll get more info from everyone else that way.)
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2686, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Sorry, folks. This thread is a trainwreck.

I agree Toogaloo is town here, but I respect and admire the willingness to be the sacrifice to avoid town losing scroll picks. I also agree with it and think I'd rather put a nullish townie in scroll-possession than let scum pick strong town members -- probably not the leader figures, I think they're all wrong. Most likely an obvtown or a middle-list with a bad solve. (Example. As scum, I'd take Murdercat here even if 3/5 are right, for instance, because you can have your team shape the direction the next shots go and discredit the whole list with green flips. There's levels of WIFOM possible here, but first order misdirection is more effective than anything more intense usually.) Point being that I'm more willing to let Toogaloo go here than I would in many setups, this one's just super conducive to sacrificing townreads you trust for scumreads you don't. The wagon looks stalled by how hard town has fragmented, so let's give it a push. I really want town to control the scroll flow here, folks. VOTE: Toogaloo

I'm even more on the "Hopkirk is scum" side of things now. Zdenek's ISO looks about as town as blobby things spilling out of a meteorite. The intensity of Hopkirk on that point makes me think Zdenek could either be extremely anti-town townie or scum -- WIFOM involved there, after all. Hopkirk seems like the type to do arbitrarily deeply layered WIFOM, so I don't feel like I can guess which. Either way, Zdenek is definitely not playing a good town game. Hopkirk also has a lot of scummy gut feelings surrounding. I don't think it quite qualifies as a gut read here, but there's also the way jokes are used to apparently obfuscate meaning and intent to a similar end as the use of the gimmick posting earlier on. (Which, for the record, makes me think Hopkirk is telling the truth about the why of stopping, and doesn't like that people are scumreading them for that. Gimmick posting to start was the scummy thing, not the stopping of it.)

I wasn't entirely cognizant of the closeness of the deadline when I was preparing for my big push, so I'm going to save it till during the scroll passing phase of things. The point is to create a map of the connections in the gamestate, which will help anyone who has the scroll and knows how to read around the edges of a big push. Doing it beforehand risks derailing the necessary wagon. I can say I've decided on my target and my approach, and I'm /very glad/ I picked the target I did. The other one I was considering was Titus, so you can see how that would go at this point in time in this game. (Still townread Titus: as I stated before, I will push my townreads if I feel I'll get more info from everyone else that way.)
I think I love you, tbh.

But yes, okay.

Vote: Toog
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Noraa »

Mush gave the yes. VOTE: Toog
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by shellyc »

good morning thread

catching up

suicidalness I can imagine as scum bravado but +1 to we need to get an elimination in 100%
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 2688, Noraa wrote:Mush gave the yes. VOTE: Toog
Noraa scumming it up again, that 180 just because of mush is weird

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Noraa »

Mush agrees toog is town. Mush still thinks toog can have the scroll since he wants it. the plan is good. life is good.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 2549, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Can we kill hopkirk please
No hopkirk is like obvtown????

They are having an investigative mindset, they are diving into ISOs and analysing things, they are proactively creating good content like scum!UNO

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 2540, Hopkirk wrote:Thoughts on Flea? Nothing pinged me as town and there's a few bits I didn't like. Not enough content for a strong read either way though.
slight townlean because newbtown tone and none of the play seems artificial/coached

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 2540, Hopkirk wrote:So I really don't get Flea's approach to the game. They call out three people as sus then iso two random people they haven't talked about instead. The comments on those isos are only surface level and pretty meh. There's no real follow up, and the choice of them to look at doesn't come through as making sense to me. Flea's play feels inconsistent tonally around Noraa like they're just waiting until day end, not trying to rock the boat, and doing busywork that doesn't have an obviously consistent flow or mindset.
yeah I see what you're seeing with not taking stances/not rocking the boat but how do you know its scum not taking stances vs. newbtown who are inexperienced in scumhunting

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Noraa »

I dont think flea is a noob...
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 2695, Noraa wrote:I dont think flea is a noob...
Isnt their join date October 01, 2020

I consider everyone that hasn't finished one game a newbie

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Noraa »

alts aren't newbies
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Shelly, Hopkirk strikes me as the type of player who does town work as scum and cherrypicks to create a wide pool of miselimination bait, then splits it into scummy and null more or less on the miselimination bait quantity. This is a LOT of work and it is weirdly active for scum (which is always risky), but it means that a scum Hopkirk gets unearned towncred and helps shape town direction of eliminations.

Which leaves the question: is Hopkirk willing to put too much work in as scum?

And that's an unquestionable yes. Hopkirk was willing to type every post in a gimmick style for about half of the first game-day. Regardless of alignment, that shows a willingness to put way more work in than you absolutely need to. Hopkirk strikes me as someone who needs to be juggling a dozen plates and a dozen hammers at once to really feel engaged, which I honestly sympathize with. That sort of personality gives themselves a really irritating fake post restriction. That sort of personality also goes the extra mile for better risk/reward as scum.

Have you considered that?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 2697, Noraa wrote:alts aren't newbies
wait fleas an alt lol

pedit: have you metadived hopkirk and know they like to do that? you're like. spinning protown play into scum "risk rewarding" which is weird