JacksonVirgo (1)
: lilith2013
Hoopla (1)
: TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox (1)
: davesaz

Not voting
: Something_Smart, Pine, Infinity 324

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-02 21:15:00)

mod notes
:
- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 588, Uncrowned wrote:Hoopla

Why is JV not in your readings?

I also don't really like your read on me. My activity isn't what should make me town here. This read feels very low effort.
In post 590, JacksonVirgo wrote:I don't like the fact they refuse to read in the 4s or whatnot, I feel that's just stupid for town to do.
do you ever have those days where you make a to-do list of 10 different things you need to get done, get so overwhelmed by the prospect, that you procrastinate with TV or some other escape, then end up doing nothing on the list? when if you put your mind to it, you could have easily done 6 or 7 things, accepted that level of output and been satisfied with yourself, rather than doing nothing.

day 1's in games this size are often like this for me.

i don't have the stamina these days to analyse an entire playerlist on D1 (especially in 7 day deadlines), so some kind of filtering is necessary for me in order for me to stay focused.

my preferred modus operandi is to sort through who i'm not willing to execute. this includes: obv-town, strong players who'll likely get NK'ed if they're town (so i don't need to bother sorting them), active/transparent posters (who seem like they'll be easy to read later), + other miscellaneous town influences.

this in turn creates a de facto execution pool that is small enough that i can focus on until we get some real information in the game (big wagons, claims, flips etc).

this game is unique in that it has other mechanical considerations to help the filtering process: the 4's.
In post 592, JacksonVirgo wrote:@Hoopla, I recall you saying there's likely one scum in the 4s. If so that's a 33% shot if you read in there yet you're choosing not to?
i'm saying there's max one scum in the 4's which means either 1 or 0. if it's 1, it's 33% from my perspective (25% from a town player's perspective outside that bracket), but you're also forgetting about another subsection of games where its 0. of groupings of 4+, it's been observed to have been an all town group 50% of the time:

Spoiler: data

M
TTT

M
TTTT

M
TTT

TTTTTT

TTTT

TTTTT

i'm well aware i'd make this appeal to data if by chance i was scum and ended up in a likely-town draft position, but i'll save you all the time and tell you now it isn't alignment indicative. i'd make this exact same argument as town, and am doing so now.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 583, skitter30 wrote:Except town!her usually brings a lot more content, is more focused, doesn't ask inane questions which basically dont go anywhere (but this is something she does as scum!), and is capable of quickly becoming an obvtown force to be reckoned with
In post 584, skitter30 wrote:He has towngames like the one you describe, but he also has towngames where he's more underwhelming and absent

I approve of your assessment of me : thumbsup:
thanks for the intel. i'll be taking that into consideration.

you seem to know lilith well. so, on her specifically, have you had a history of catching her as scum? any recommended scumgames of hers that you can link to that would typify her scumgame? maybe a couple as town that showcase her obvtown'ing it up?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Pine »

Cool. What did I miss?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 am

Post by petapan »

In post 678, Pine wrote:Cool. What did I miss?
you're confirmed scum and we're hunting your partners
free crypto
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:10 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 669, PenguinPower wrote:yes - mostly her posting on ss and skitter
In post 670, petapan wrote: felt like fake paranoia
Thanks -- yeah I see those and have somewhat mixed feelings on it. It seems rather far fetched as a theory, but I'm not sure it's AI to be concerned about a possible hack job. In particular what motivation would scum have to bring up that type of concern early on vs. trying to ride it out? On the other hand there are some people who try to play the martyr as scum in that situation. Town in the #1 position have to be constantly on the lookout for scum trying a cheap miselim. I don't know lilith well enough to use meta. So yeah, big ball of undecided here.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 637, TheGoldenParadox wrote:sure, there might be 0 scum, but the especially problematic part is that she COMPLETELY ignores the 4s for reads purposes. thus, i think the scumteam including penguin and hoopla is extremely likely, and I also think that that third member of the scumteam ISN'T a 4 (because having 2 members as 4s and 1 member outside that group seems most reasonable from a scum!hoopla perspective). i would wager that this is a scum gambit that backfired because both me and JV also chose 4, therefore catapulting the two to the bottom of the draft pick instead of somewhere around the middle where they otherwise would be.
i'm ignoring them
for now
. as the game progresses (and i have a better handle on the part of the game i'm focusing on), i'll start considering them more.

i mean, on day 1, we all ignore chunks of the playerlist. it isn't realistic to give meaningful analysis on every player. for example, you've completely ignored the following players:

dunnstral, davesaz, infinity, something_smart

i'm ignoring low% slots until later because of data. what's your excuse for ignoring those slots?

the reality is we're all in the same boat here; we all pick and choose what we want to focus on for D1. it's hypocritical to criticise me for ignoring slots when you've done so yourself, albeit in a more indirect way.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Pine »

In post 679, petapan wrote:
In post 678, Pine wrote:Cool. What did I miss?
you're confirmed scum and we're hunting your partners
Oh snap.

The usual, then. Time to win as an openwolf.

Again.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 330, Dunnstral wrote:Also voting out Lilith who is top of the draft is not a good move, why are people starting there?

VOTE: skitter30

Because I don't like her vote and she can play like this as scum
is there a functional difference between voting out top of the draft vs. third? third is highly likely to be a PR too.

what don't you like about her vote, as opposed to every other lilith voter?
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:31 am

Post by petapan »

In post 680, davesaz wrote:
In post 669, PenguinPower wrote:yes - mostly her posting on ss and skitter
In post 670, petapan wrote: felt like fake paranoia
Thanks -- yeah I see those and have somewhat mixed feelings on it. It seems rather far fetched as a theory, but I'm not sure it's AI to be concerned about a possible hack job. In particular what motivation would scum have to bring up that type of concern early on vs. trying to ride it out? On the other hand there are some people who try to play the martyr as scum in that situation. Town in the #1 position have to be constantly on the lookout for scum trying a cheap miselim. I don't know lilith well enough to use meta. So yeah, big ball of undecided here.
i don't have a frame of reference there but it felt like an inauthentic thought process to assume someone pressure voting you early day 1 is mafia who is protecting their partner, because when does that happen, really? The much more obvious strategy is staying out of someone's way and then NKing them. so in that sense it feels contrived, like it's attempting to emulate a town mindset in response to pressure but gets it wrong
free crypto
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 600, Uncrowned wrote:Skitter and JV have also been relatively high posters but don't get mentioned at all in this regard.

This feels like scum lowkey discrediting me by boiling my ISO down to "active posting", not taking a hard stance on me but leaving the door open to putting suspicion on me later down the line.
@Hoopla

You didn't really answer this.

Do you think this is an unfair criticism of your read on me, or do you see where I'm coming from?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 631, davesaz wrote:
In post 552, Uncrowned wrote:Is there a reason you've singled out TGP here while ignoring most of the others slots in the game?
I don't normally comment on stuff I agree with or butt into other people's conversations.
But here's the thing: You haven't really commented on a lot of these interactions either. It's not that you're not getting involved in them, it's that you're taking few stances on them.
In post 634, davesaz wrote:
In post 561, Uncrowned wrote:Hoopla's joining of your wagon though makes me believe that if one of you is scum, the other will not be.
Nah, never underestimate the power of an early bus. It's basically without risk and can establish anti-associatives if too many people think this way.
This is true.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:14 am

Post by petapan »

@Hoopla:

In post 599, petapan wrote:
In post 576, Hoopla wrote:davesaz - under-the-radar somewhat. not a crime per se in a game this fast, but given it's (theoretically) easier to stream-of-conscious spam through the pages as town, under-the-radar seems a viable factor to consider in a D1 execution. hasn't done anything outright scummy, but from a POE perspective he is suss given
i have mostly town-leanings.
this doesn't seem to really line up with what you've said about people?
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 677, Hoopla wrote:you seem to know lilith well. so, on her specifically, have you had a history of catching her as scum? any recommended scumgames of hers that you can link to that would typify her scumgame? maybe a couple as town that showcase her obvtown'ing it up?
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=82824 - me and a hydra of lilith/ss formed the scumteam. first game with her, i got somewhat acquainted with her

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=83235 - shortly thereafter we played in this game, where i was town ... and ss and lilith were both scum. caught ss. lilith i tought was sufficient different from the prior game that i was defending her for a while, but i eventually realized the error of my ways, and we voted out the slot. there was some sort of mutual townreading thinig going on between lilith and ss here. i think that game looks quite a lot like this one

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83501 - funky theme game. won't get into all the specifics but tldr both of us thought we were multiball scum day1. so i was reading her (me thinking i was multiball scum) as if she was town, and basically came to a very very very erarly and hard townread on her, that she verified. and she played in a way strongly associated with her towngame because she also thought she was multiball scum so she could scumhunt. i didn't explain that really well but basically i thought she was town, and she was behaving in a way similar to how town!her would behave, and quickly identified it

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=83833 - most recently this one. was a cluster of a game but me/lilith/ss were all town. the latter two repped in and i formed p strong townread on lilith fairly quickly.

notable quotes from the last game in the above context:
Spoiler:
Subject: Micro 960: A Year of Miccros II - Game Over
lilith2013 wrote:but actually I pride myself on being able to read SS correctly. that is maybe my one strong point as a mafia player???
lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1613, skitter30 wrote:i feel p good with town!lilith and town!ss i think, btw
Please explain
lilith2013 wrote:I don’t think I’ve made it past D1 as town on ms since returning
lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1883, Alduskkel wrote:lilith do you think skitter's strong townread on you is justified based on the reasons she gave? Are you out of your scumrange?
uh.. yes and yes. when you asked for what was out of my scumrange, I was going to give the cheeky answer and quote my whole ISO. skitter is probably in top 2 MS players in terms of knowing my scumgame (SS should be the other one). I am very very clearly not anywhere close to my scumgame.

I don't think it's particularly AI though because if she's scum, she knows that's the answer I'm expecting from her
oh this is the one i was looking for ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

skitter30 wrote:
In post 1856, Alduskkel wrote:what about her play this game is out of her scumrange?
she's being assertive with her reads, and there's an underlying pov that's driving most of her posts in this game

like i can actually follow how she's thinking about the game, what's forming her opinions, and why
lacking from this game, but is indicative of the third and fourth games on the list, while lacking in the second one too
incidentally she was scum in the second one, and was town (or thought she was multiball scum, whatever, in this case it boils down to the same thing) in the third and fourth
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 685, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 600, Uncrowned wrote:Skitter and JV have also been relatively high posters but don't get mentioned at all in this regard.

This feels like scum lowkey discrediting me by boiling my ISO down to "active posting", not taking a hard stance on me but leaving the door open to putting suspicion on me later down the line.
@Hoopla

You didn't really answer this.

Do you think this is an unfair criticism of your read on me, or do you see where I'm coming from?
i see where you're coming from, but you're overthinking it.

i didn't take a hard stance on you because i don't have much of an opinion of you. it usually takes me a while to read low signal:noise players.

over-posting tends to be a town trait though, so i'm not so concerned about you yet.
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:33 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 690, Hoopla wrote:it usually takes me a while to read low signal:noise players.
If you're going to call Uncrowned a low signal:noise, I'm going to question whether you're actually reading or if you're merely looking at post count.
I did a quick skim and I don't see any fluff at all in that ISO. It's all game related commentary and pretty much spot on in terms of relevance.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 687, petapan wrote:
@Hoopla:

In post 599, petapan wrote:
In post 576, Hoopla wrote:davesaz - under-the-radar somewhat. not a crime per se in a game this fast, but given it's (theoretically) easier to stream-of-conscious spam through the pages as town, under-the-radar seems a viable factor to consider in a D1 execution. hasn't done anything outright scummy, but from a POE perspective he is suss given
i have mostly town-leanings.
this doesn't seem to really line up with what you've said about people?
you and to a lesser extent dunnstral were my only scum leanings in that post?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata
Location: Bad Player Correctional Institute, for parole violations

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

FYI I am here reading the game, am on page 18.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 691, davesaz wrote:If you're going to call Uncrowned a low signal:noise, I'm going to question whether you're actually reading or if you're merely looking at post count.
I did a quick skim and I don't see any fluff at all in that ISO. It's all game related commentary and pretty much spot on in terms of relevance.
i know there's relevant stuff in there. my eyes just tend to glaze over when players comment on everything, though. when everything is worth commenting on, it's hard to know what he actually cares about.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Hoopla »

@skitter

thanks for links. i'm give them a skim when i have some downtime.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:47 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

hoopla, what are your reads on me, pp, and JV?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Uncrowned »

What do you mean by low signal?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: davesaz
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

feels manufactured and feels like buddying.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid