Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Link to VC.

In post 4247, Noraa wrote:
In post 4242, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 4240, UNOwen wrote:Provisionally OK with cursing Fred.
Always OK with cursing shelly.

Yo Flea, updated reads on (Noraa, shellyc, Theta, Fred, UNOwen) with justifications?
Nora: Scum lean - As much as I want her to be town, there's too much bad stuff and Lady's drilling didn't help the matter.
Shelly: Town-ish - Emotional reaction seemed genuine to me. Interactions seem genuine.
Theta: SL - Reassessment needed.
Fred: SL - Literally just slid in the game like he was always here, nothing really rocking the boat. Zdenk was SL, seemed to be trying to poke things but not actually doing that much about it. Feels like I've actually done more [which is frankly impressive]
UNOwen: Scum - I made a post previously and I stick to that.
In post 4243, Flea The Magician wrote:That said, I don't believe in Nora/UNOwen as a duo.
^ok the above posts are really weak. You just took me out because you think uno is scum. So now its just Uno is scum, Fred(a wagon that is piling up fast) is scum, and the rest need reassessment. More is needed. You've basically coasted this game and "as much as I want her to be town" is the weirdest worded thing ever. I dislike your slot and will put some pressure here bc I have things that I want to see. VOTE: Flea
My gut screams you're town, your response tell me scum, your reactions seem off. That I recall of the interactions between you and UNO I can't see you being a dirty duo. Theta needs reassessment, and I'm happy enough with my other reads for now.

I admit I'm coasting along, there's a lot of shitposting in this game which I dont have the attention span for meaning I'm probably not reading as much as I should.
Last edited by Hectic on Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 4249, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:in what way noraa
we'll see.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 4250, Flea The Magician wrote:My gut screams you're town, your response tell me scum, your reactions seem off.
this sounds a lot like something I said in one of my scum games. Lemme go find that rq.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:24 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4242, Flea The Magician wrote: UNOwen: Scum - I made a post previously and I stick to that.
In post 4243, Flea The Magician wrote:That said, I don't believe in Nora/UNOwen as a duo.
!
You realise that your previous post was advancing the "UNO knows that Noraa will flip scum so is setting Adorable up as a partner" theory that Adorable suggested? And that your accusation was of me being "proud and knowing" about Noraa's alignment?

What from our interactions make us an unlikely scum team since then?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:27 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4246, Tayl0r Swift wrote: go to theta's iso, search for the names of those who flipped.
That's exactly what I did. And because that's exactly what I did, I may have missed something. What I did see was that Theta didn't want Hopkirk to die before Noraa but explicitly didn't town read them, and I could not find anything suggesting a Vaxkiller/Isis town read or that would qualify as sticking up for them.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Noraa »

This one:
In post 1311, Noraa wrote:Alright then my brain tells me scum is plus and my gut tells me scum is shelly. I pick me brain. Apologies plus and if my brain is wrong, imma be pretty mad about this. Um am I supposed to say something before I hammer or what?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 4253, UNOwen wrote:
In post 4242, Flea The Magician wrote: UNOwen: Scum - I made a post previously and I stick to that.
!
You realise that your previous post was advancing the "UNO knows that Noraa will flip scum so is setting Adorable up as a partner" theory that Adorable suggested? And that your accusation was of me being "proud and knowing" about Noraa's alignment?

What from our interactions make us an unlikely scum team since then?
didnt catch this. if true tho, I do see why that's a problem now.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 4246, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 4241, UNOwen wrote:
In post 4198, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Tayl0r's reads are trash too. But she ISO'd Theta and found that Theta had been townreading Toog all along. I trust she wouldn't lie about something so easily disproven. For me, that's work I don't need to do on Theta and makes Theta likely to be scum regardless of Tayl0r's alignment.
Taylor was not talking about Toogeloo, the only mention from Theta that I could find regarding alignment was that they were "generally suspicious".
In post 4176, Tayl0r Swift wrote:for those who see theta suddenly in town after me just questioning theta and go ????
theta complaining that those people died pinged me, so i checked the iso. t
heta did townread them and went out of his way to stick up for them.
its not my most confident townbin ever, but im satisfied for now. im pretty confident that this game is solvedish. or at least that this is a winning PoE.
Please quote where you believe that happens.
go to theta's iso, search for the names of those who flipped.
In post 4151, Theta Alpine wrote:why did that happen
why did vax and hopkirk die

VOTE: adorable

same reasons as before
though honestly i could also go for noraa
Tayl0r’s right and dead town Isis/Vax also tr that slot.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 957, Isis wrote:Are you actually scumreading Theta Alpine?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:00 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4257, Gloria Cleary wrote: Tayl0r’s right and dead town Isis/Vax also tr that slot.
Aren't you quoting the post that pinged Taylor in the first place?
I town lean Theta but Isis saying Theta's town is not the same as Theta saying Isis is town.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 4259, UNOwen wrote:
In post 4257, Gloria Cleary wrote: Tayl0r’s right and dead town Isis/Vax also tr that slot.
Aren't you quoting the post that pinged Taylor in the first place?
I town lean Theta but Isis saying Theta's town is not the same as Theta saying Isis is town.
In post 4176, Tayl0r Swift wrote:for those who see theta suddenly in town after me just questioning theta and go ????
theta complaining that those people died pinged me, so i checked the iso. theta did townread them and went out of his way to stick up for them. its not my most confident townbin ever, but im satisfied for now. im pretty confident that this game is solvedish. or at least that this is a winning PoE.
I don’t understand your point and I won’t even pretend to have read a majority of this game. Isis/Vax is dead town who tr Theta and Tayl0r also tr Isis and is also tr Theta. I can look through Tayl0r’s ISO where she hard trs Isis if you like?
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2788, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 2634, Toogeloo wrote:Still Vax replaced Isis. ... if that's relevant.
it is because isis was town
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:11 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4260, Gloria Cleary wrote: I don’t understand your point and I won’t even pretend to have read a majority of this game. Isis/Vax is dead town who tr Theta and Tayl0r also tr Isis and is also tr Theta. I can look through Tayl0r’s ISO where she hard trs Isis if you like?
No I know that. It's this bit which I am asking about:
theta complaining that those people died pinged me, so i checked the iso.
theta did townread them and went out of his way to stick up for them.
its not my most confident townbin ever, but im satisfied for now. im pretty confident that this game is solvedish. or at least that this is a winning PoE.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
Goon
Theta Alpine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

my read on isis was that i could not read isis
i do not remember what read i gave vaxkiller if any
but it definitely was not a slot that should have been killed

my read on hopkirk was that i could not see noraa and hopkirk being scum together
and thus after i changed my read on noraa to a scum read that would imply my read on hopkirk became a town read
even if i never explicitly mentioned it
as town won 2 games | lost 5 games | mislynched 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled once | vengekilled once | survived once
as scum won 2 games | lost none | lynched once | dayvigged once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 4262, UNOwen wrote:
In post 4260, Gloria Cleary wrote: I don’t understand your point and I won’t even pretend to have read a majority of this game. Isis/Vax is dead town who tr Theta and Tayl0r also tr Isis and is also tr Theta. I can look through Tayl0r’s ISO where she hard trs Isis if you like?
No I know that. It's this bit which I am asking about:
theta complaining that those people died pinged me, so i checked the iso.
theta did townread them and went out of his way to stick up for them.
She’s literally saying “it’s not my most confident townbin ever but [that she’s] satisfied for now” or am I missing something here?
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 4244, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 4213, Lapsa wrote:hi Titus

@mc still mad at me?
Idk might shoot you. Reads?
it's a good day to die. why are you asking?
abcedminded
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Hectic »

Votecount 2.1

[5] Fredrick A Campbell:
Bell, MUSHSHAGANA, PookyTheMagicalBear, shellyc, Flea The Magician
[2] Noraa:
Titus, Fredrick A Campbell
[1] UNOwen:
Tayl0r Swift
[1] Adorable:
Theta Alpine
[1] Flea The Magician:
Noraa

[7] Not Voting:
Gloria Cleary, MURDERCAT, UNOwen, Adorable, Lady Lambdadelta, Lapsa, Fidget

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to curse someone with the scroll. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to curse.

The cursing deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-06 21:29:24).

Joint moderator ISO.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Hectic »

hectic hard at work . lights dimming and eyelids dropping dooown and dooowwwnn n

isis pointed at hectic " you are kill"

"no" said s hectic

"yOU aare kill""

"NO" Hectic

" "last warn ing hectic" isis jumped

" ok sorry. i am Kill"

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:27 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I had a post mostly written, got distracted by ordering food, and hit F5 AS I NOTICED THE TEXT IN THE REPLY BOX AAAAAAAA.

So let me summarize:
UNOwen, I only give a fuck about how Theta read Toog.
Tayl0r and UNOwen, if you can dredge up Theta's Toog reads from early in the game and from just before the Toog push, I'd be appreciative because I'm still recovering from what happened to me last night and cannot be assed thread-diving yet.
Flea, I hate something about how you're playing right here, please give me a megapost on your reads.
Thank god there were only 2 or 3 pages to catch up with and no shitposts among them. Let's keep it up, my enthusiasm is returning slowly.
Anyone seen Fidget? Anyone at all?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Nero Cain, backup/co mod, has been pushed off a cliff by Hectic in twilight
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 4268, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Anyone seen Fidget? Anyone at all?
I want to sit down and read what's happened before I start posting, but unfortunately I haven't really had that opportunity yet

I don't even know who Fred replaced. I checked, it's Zdenek. Okay.

I'm really surprised Noraa doesn't scumread Fred (instead opting to vote Flea ig) considering the only thing I've noticed from his posting is that he wants Noraa dead. Well, I see actually that Noraa is down for a Fred wagon but just voted Flea instead for some reason, so nevermind I suppose.
In post 4245, Tayl0r Swift wrote:wow we're letting scum drive another wagon.

the fact that most scum have pooky but not bell on their lists is interesting. suggests that pooky really is town. similar wrt shelly. so who is the last scum? hmm.
The wagon that... Pooky and shelly are both on?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Fidget »

I will echo Fred/Gloria/Mush's sentiment that the thread will generally be better off with less spammy content.
In post 4225, shellyc wrote:VOTE: Fredrick

i'll vote anywhere in uno/noraa/fred/taylor. maybe fidget especially if she wants to 1v1 with me.
VOTE: shellyc

K let's do it
In post 4223, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:I just doublechecked Fred's ISO to be sure I wasn't asspulling the above post and SURE ENOUGH! Literally no pressure has been anywhere but on Noraa. Surprisingly enough, the pressure itself is absolute garbage -- I was giving Fred such a pass that I didn't realize that Fred is voting a slot for /no goddamn reason/, no case presented, literally just picking at supposed "contradictions" that don't even add up to anything even /if/ you assume they're from scum. Too bad that not even "assuming scum" holds here when Fred's arguing in favor of people townreading the very fucking slot the pressure is on. It's a totally incoherent mess of an ISO and it isn't even aimed in a singular direction.

Like, I look at the post Fred wants replies to and I go "wow if I was in the line of fire here I'd ignore your nonsense too".

VOTE: Fredrick A Campbell
In post 4221, shellyc wrote:fred is scum based off newb 2025 +1 to that I think.

so. yeah. taylor -> pooky -> noraa gets rid of 2 scum.
In post 4222, shellyc wrote:fred sounds really pedantic and really excusey imo

Bell continues to go upwards in my reads, I'll join you on fred if needed
I'd like to hear more about your point that Fred is scum based off of 2025, if you wouldn't mind.
In post 4207, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:kill taylor

she will kill me

i will kill noraa

that's like half the top 5 gone
The issue with this plan is that we're supposed to use the scroll to kill scum.

So my current status .. I do trust Bell, Mush, and Pooky with the Fred wagon. Even if that slot is scum my shelly read probably doesn't even change because she loves bussing, though. I probably will endorse both unless I decide I don't like the Fred reasoning, haven't checked his posts yet.

Feels like scum won't ever get hit by the first scroll unless they specifically allow themselves to. Scroll bounce 2 and 3 are critical and the main place I'm really hoping for scum flips. That being said, perhaps Fred wagon is town (except maybe shelly) and he's too far gone for scum to save.

Spoiler:
don't kill
PookyTheMagicalBear
Bell
MURDERCAT
MUSHSHAGANA
Lady Lambdadelta

leaning dont kill
Noraa
Lapsa
Tayl0r Swift

don't know yet
Gloria Cleary
Theta Alpine
Fredrick A Campbell(Zdenek)
Titus(VaultDweller)
UNOwen
Flea The Magician
Adorable

kill
shellyc
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 4271, Fidget wrote:I will echo Fred/Gloria/Mush's sentiment that the thread will generally be better off with less spammy content.
Ok so I've actually noticed this argument a few times now and I think there's something I think about this that needs to be expressed.
This opinion is dumb imo :/
I mean this in the nicest way possible but like .... we fucked up day 1. Policy lims are NOT the way to go.
If anyone disagrees, talk to me about it. I prolly also think ur dumb tho :P

I be joking. hectic keep ur mod kill hammer away from me >:(
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Noraa »

Fidget what's ur read on me again? it seems you keep throwing shade on me for bad reasons, go back and then suddenly "realize" that I didn't say whatever u accused me of.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Noraa »

You had me as a SR back when I was pushing you quite a bit. Then you slowly shifted me over to a now ... null town lean except you still keep throwing shade at me. Whats up with all this?