Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Davesaz is someone I’m not sure on, his recent posting has been pretty towny. I’m gonna ISO him tonight.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i feel like everyone should post their top 2-3 scumreads so we can get a good idea on who is a viable candidate. we need to start compromising.

i'll hang onto this davesaz vote for another ~6-12 hours. if this doesn't take off, i'd probably favour infinity over DGB, mostly because i feel DGB doesn't melt away into an ambivalent puddle of lament as scum.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1274, skitter30 wrote:And your perception of me is just from this game, yes?
word on the street is you know your stuff.

but yah, pretty much.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Hoopla »

and for god's sake, use your vote SS!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I have a really nice scumtell that i'm trying to see if i can trip out of you/dgb/peta/infinity but so far no results
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1279, skitter30 wrote:I have a really nice scumtell that i'm trying to see if i can trip out of you/dgb/peta/infinity but so far no results
keep us posted.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

actually, skitter.

while i have you here. can you talk more about the lilith's wagon collapsing? i feel like that happened suddenly, and people moved on like nothing happened.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I feel like i talked about it already?
What so u want to know ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler:
In post 947, skitter30 wrote:This is true
I'm feeling more and more that i may have been pushing a wagon on town!lilith, as there was little resistance, and it collapsed as soon as i moved off and wasnt calling for her head anymore
Like there's for sure scum in the people randomly moving off as i did
In post 948, skitter30 wrote:
In post 925, Hoopla wrote:
In post 920, Dunnstral wrote:A lot of people just hopped off of Lilith. From l-1 to l-5
this is alarming to me.

when a wagon collapses for no apparent reason, it's usually because it was artificially inflated (ie; scum driven), which implies lilith is town. skitter was the only person who put in real effort for her lilith vote. everyone else seemed to be riding on her coattails.

who's scum?

i think DGB/davesaz was the tipping point and most suspect. i probably prefer davesaz over DGB, if only because DGB is doubled up with pine.

VOTE: davesaz
Huh actually looking at the votes the people who moved off are people i'm largely townreading ...
Except for like hoopla
In post 952, skitter30 wrote:
In post 949, Uncrowned wrote:The thing about that is that you said in when you unvoted that Lilith was still a target for you.

Since you're being TR by many in the game, with you saying that, I think the chances scum jump off the wagon that quick are less likely, considering a Lilith lynch still looks like it's still potentially on the cards.

I worded this in a dumb way but it's late and I don't know how to make it better LOL
So the people still on wagon are the way to go then! Looks like my dbg vote was a good one lol
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1276, Hoopla wrote:i feel like everyone should post their top 2-3 scumreads so we can get a good idea on who is a viable candidate. we need to start compromising.

i'll hang onto this davesaz vote for another ~6-12 hours. if this doesn't take off, i'd probably favour infinity over DGB, mostly because i feel DGB doesn't melt away into an ambivalent puddle of lament as scum.
VOTE: dgb
VOTE: dunnstral

i don't really scumread infinity but would compromise there just because i've learned when someone capable has a strong scumread it's better for me to shut up and follow
In post 1279, skitter30 wrote:I have a really nice scumtell that i'm trying to see if i can trip out of you/dgb/peta/infinity but so far no results
even if i were scum you wouldn't get it out of me
free crypto
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1282, skitter30 wrote:I feel like i talked about it already?
What so u want to know ?
have you observed this kind of thing happening before with other wagons you've led?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1284, petapan wrote:even if i were scum you wouldn't get it out of me
Eh you never know ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1285, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1282, skitter30 wrote:I feel like i talked about it already?
What so u want to know ?
have you observed this kind of thing happening before with other wagons you've led?
Sometimes i realize there's like no resistance to a wagon I'm pushing and i get a little spooked, yeah
Show
Hiatus once more.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Hoopla »

incidentally, i think this is best reason i've seen for skitter being town. i don't see scum running up wagons like that and jumping ship when it could have easily gone through without much blame given the sheep would look worse - well, if lilith is town that is. i think it'd be even more bizarre if this was skitter/lilith scum. it probably never is scum/scum.

the most likely explanations are skitter-town/lilith-town or skitter-town/lilith-scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1284, petapan wrote:VOTE: dgb
VOTE: dunnstral
what?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

davesaz has a towny tone and seems unconcerned with what people think of him, which seems towny. Nowhere does he try to look useful, it seems like he's just commenting on stuff that he thinks is important.
In post 310, davesaz wrote:Yeah that looks weird enough to vote and see what happens.
VOTE: JacksonVirgo
In post 366, davesaz wrote:
In post 126, davesaz wrote:Or make a big wagon and see what comes of it.
Reminder @whomever didn't like my Jackson vote.
@rest, it doesn't work unless the wagon stays at least for a while.
Voting the biggest wagon without big reasons to scumread the wagonee is something that could catch a lot of suspicion, but davesaz doesn't seem to care about that. He does this again later on the lilith wagon, which I pointed out earlier but am just now realizing is consistent.

Spoiler:
In post 466, davesaz wrote:
In post 370, TheGoldenParadox wrote:how are we at 15 pages
i swear
i didn't get the daystart pm that long ago

the entire lilith wagon feels manufactured and VOTE: penguinpower is pinging me especially hard, as is hoopla for what boils down to opportunistic wagon hopping.
Starts off highly apologetic. Why such emphasis?
In post 394, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i think JV is town, because it seems like their wagon started as a town-driven CW to lillith before hoopla jumped onto it.
This early in the game I don't think that thinking of wagons as CWs is a town oriented mindset. In the town mindset it's a CW if and only if you suspect the target of the 1st wagon. In the early game we have multiple wagons which are on unknown alignments and we don't know whether the 2nd one is in response to the 1st one unless it's either stated directly as such or if there are signs that it's competitive.
In post 413, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 394, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i think JV is town, because it seems like their wagon started as a town-driven CW to lillith before hoopla jumped onto it.
sorry, let me rephrase this with some more clarity. basically, i think JV's wagon began with town (lillith and petapan) and i think hoopla is scum that jumped on it. because hoopla put a vote down there, it makes me townlean on JV.
Indirectly scumreading Hoopla but nowhere in this ISO is it made clear why Hoopla would be a scumread.
In post 422, TheGoldenParadox wrote:jackson wagon was hot and new
lillith wagon was an rvs wagon based essentially solely on the fact that they were first in the PL

penguin
you can call my takes bad but calling me scum for them is a terrible take
yourself
This is indicative of scum caught for the wrong reason. Though it is pretty weak for that tell coming from someone who hasn't really been under heavy suspicion. I'm not the only one who thought this.
In post 432, TheGoldenParadox wrote:apologies town driven cw is probably the worst way i could have worded it ever

a new wagon started by town that scum!hoopla jumped on
Again with the apologies. I don't think I have played with TGP enough times to be able to say for certain, but this is pretty early in the game to be so worried about how one's posting looks and it seems perhaps out of character.

The TGP case looks a bit stretchy, but it does make sense from a town perspective to focus on your #1 scumread. I find that having strong scumreads often motivates town to do more.
In post 720, davesaz wrote:
In post 699, Infinity 324 wrote: feels manufactured and feels like buddying.
680 is extremely precise, you're not wrong there. Have you seen the glory of my precision before? It seems like perhaps not. :cool:
I don't give compliments often. Would you look at Uncrowned's posting and say it's low signal high noise? Sometimes the truth must be spoken.

That said, I do appreciate Hoopla's response. I often say we have two ears (eyes) and one mouth (keyboard) for a reason, and there is much value in reading much and saying little.
This response, again, seems unconcerned with suspicion. He pushes back in a way that doesn't discredit me, but in a way that's proud of his playstyle.
In post 1007, davesaz wrote:2.75 days left and I disapprove of waiting until last minute.
If you want it to happen I think you need to be doing something more to encourage it.
If it isn't going to happen then I think you need to be doing something somewhere else.
This is protown and the urgency here is more likely to come from town ime.
In post 1238, davesaz wrote:I can hit you in the face with it if necessary. Better than 90% of the time people town read me they are scum.
In post 1255, davesaz wrote:
In post 720, davesaz wrote:I often say we have two ears (eyes) and one mouth (keyboard) for a reason, and there is much value in reading much and saying little.
This, plus think 7th grader at a dance, sitting off to the side and hoping nobody comes over. That's my personality (not an act, RL personality). If someone else has already said it, I'm unlikely to comment or try to say it differently. Unless there is an obvious disagreement or misunderstanding. I will jump on a soapbox when there is something to jump up and down about but if not then don't expect anything.

I know there will be people who think it's suspicious, and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.
Again, doesn't give a shit what people think.

I'd like to do hoopla or lilith today tbh, but I'm willing to compromise on DGB.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

skitter talk to me about lilith? Is the wagon thing the only reason you think she's town?
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

UNVOTE: Dave

VOTE: Dunnstral
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I've kind of liked the few posts dunnstral has, but I suppose I'd be willing to compromise there as well.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

The posts have been surface level questions and assessments without much elaboration or actual pushes, imo.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

There's only so much depth/pushing you can do when you're not here very much. Though I may be biased because of the hoopla vote.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

this probably isn't the time to start a dunnstral wagon. i'm fine eliminating in {infinity, hoopla, dgb}, but we can't no-elim.

or can we (?) idk but isn't this game at evens or something and odds are better?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

We're gonna have to no-elim eventually, but I think it's better to get more information early.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Yeah, but when Dunn has popped in there has been a lot of content that should formulate at least some stronger opinions.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Also I wouldn't take caring about peoples perception of you at scum as a non scum tell. I think that's more of a personality tell than anything

It's like how arguing someone is "too defensive" is a scum tell when in reality they may just be the type of person that gets that way when they're accused, whether it's right OR wrong