shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:48 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 4369, Fidget wrote:Shelly is exceptionally familiar with Noraa's scumplay. They've been scum together at least twice to my knowledge. And yet, shelly is comically certain that Noraa is scum here. Like, really certain. I don't know if that is still the case, but it was at least a little while ago. Additionally, I have noticed that shelly has absurd confidence in her reads as scum. However, I do figure she probably plays really confidently in general, so that's a weaker point. Also, that reaction to being fakeshot by Vax was unbelievable. I outlined that in a diff post, but essentially, I find it hard to believe shelly (who's been extremely engaged) fell for it when even I (who isn't really) wouldn't have fallen for it
i forgot about the rule and tend to overreact to pressure so eh...

also my SR on noraa has been continually weakened, i spot a town!AI noraa metatell in their recent posting and the trajectories seem pretty well-reasoned, a deviation from the earlier thrown-out reads, which is making me doubt myself.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:50 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

if you're not gonna shoot the scum only you can see with your scroll what r u supposed to shoot
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by shellyc »

pooky!

whats your read on fidget atm? i see you don't even have a read there and havent talked about that slot at all

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

@Fidget, I forgot to respond to your Pooky question. Yeah, I’m reading his Tayl0r push as more deathtunnelling then scum pursuing a miselim.

I don’t think that scum!Pooky would continue to tunnel Tayl0r this confidently or single mindedly as scum. That said, by continuing to rail “Tayl0r is scum!” isn’t going to convince anyone of anything, so Fred - irrespective of alignment - isn’t wrong about Pooky needing to make some kind of a case against her because rn. I’m reading it as TvT.

Also, I skimmed The Trials, so I understand where his “speeding train” thing is based from, which I didn’t when I initially voted him.

I think she’s making too many trs + her reaction to LLD, which makes me lean town on her but I’d need to see a convincing case to consider changing that read.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 4374, shellyc wrote:fidget 4373 feels so lamisty

not sure how much we should trust hopkirk reads tbh

I'm still feeling pretty terrible so will skim/low-effort for the next day or so
I really like Gloria categorizing me as dangerous scum in comparison to Fred. Even if it's not a compliment really, I guess I just like the word choice.
In post 4375, shellyc wrote:i forgot about the rule and tend to overreact to pressure so eh...

also my SR on noraa has been continually weakened, i spot a town!AI noraa metatell in their recent posting and the trajectories seem pretty well-reasoned, a deviation from the earlier thrown-out reads, which is making me doubt myself.
Yeah I did like your reads list not having Noraa as lockscum anymore, at least.
In post 4376, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:if you're not gonna shoot the scum only you can see with your scroll what r u supposed to shoot
You are correct, of course. That is how I should think of it.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i like fidget

i think town is doomed because apathy
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 4378, Gloria Cleary wrote:@Fidget, I forgot to respond to your Pooky question. Yeah, I’m reading his Tayl0r push as more deathtunnelling then scum pursuing a miselim.

I don’t think that scum!Pooky would continue to tunnel Tayl0r this confidently or single mindedly as scum. That said, by continuing to rail “Tayl0r is scum!” isn’t going to convince anyone of anything, so Fred - irrespective of alignment - isn’t wrong about Pooky needing to make some kind of a case against her because rn. I’m reading it as TvT.
Very nice
In post 4378, Gloria Cleary wrote:Also, I skimmed The Trials, so I understand where his “speeding train” thing is based from, which I didn’t when I initially voted him.

I think she’s making too many trs + her reaction to LLD, which makes me lean town on her but I’d need to see a convincing case to consider changing that read.
That's understandable, I felt that originally with regards to her reaction.

Did Taylor have a bias against townreads in that game? Hm.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 4373, Fidget wrote:I'm all for targeting the more "dangerous" slot first! Why I'm voting shelly.

Maybe not with my scroll shot, though. I don't know if I have the courage, because if I throw it at taylor or shelly and they're green, I feel at least 3-5 people are gonna go "They were obvtown dumbass". Gotta protect my feelings.

..that's a lame way to play. Shouldn't talk myself down like that. I actually did that with a dayvig shot in a game a while back! Stupid me
But I switched to Fred and if you’re town here, you should do the same.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by Fidget »

Thanks Pooky I like you too

All it takes is hitting scum with the first bounce, then getting a clutch third bounce to pull this game back in town's sights. I guess accepting that I might get the scroll isn't very helpful to that strategy, though, so I'm part of that apathy problem.

I think we're probably not getting a first bounce scum until there are less scum around. Unless there's just scum that's been obvscum and they opt to bus that person. I think turning a blind eye to that slot would be more beneficial to them, though.

pedit: I sincerely hope Fred is that obvscum. From what I recall I liked most of the people voting him but let me check.
In post 4266, Hectic wrote:[5] Fredrick A Campbell: Bell, MUSHSHAGANA, PookyTheMagicalBear, shellyc, Flea The Magician
(+ I assume Gloria)

Okay, okay heavy town presence early I think, at least. Could definitely work.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4384 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 4381, Fidget wrote:
In post 4378, Gloria Cleary wrote:@Fidget, I forgot to respond to your Pooky question. Yeah, I’m reading his Tayl0r push as more deathtunnelling then scum pursuing a miselim.

Very nice
In post 4378, Gloria Cleary wrote:Also, I skimmed The Trials, so I understand where his “speeding train” thing is based from, which I didn’t when I initially voted him.

That's understandable, I felt that originally with regards to her reaction.

Did Taylor have a bias against townreads in that game? Hm.
I only skimmed it. She hard WK’d Noraa in that game too but she didn’t do that at all in Noir, so it’s not typical of her scum meta like he was alledging. Based on what other people have posted, I get the impression that white knighting is NAI for Tayl0r but it’s more her number of trs she’s making plus her interactions with LLD that make me think she’s town.

Town!Tayl0r can get pretty emotional and I don’t see how her making so many trs is furthering a scum agenda but I obviously can’t use her Noraa defense as a reason to to tr her.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4385 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 4383, Fidget wrote:Thanks Pooky I like you too

All it takes is hitting scum with the first bounce, then getting a clutch third bounce to pull this game back in town's sights. I guess accepting that I might get the scroll isn't very helpful to that strategy, though, so I'm part of that apathy problem.

I think we're probably not getting a first bounce scum until there are less scum around. Unless there's just scum that's been obvscum and they opt to bus that person. I think turning a blind eye to that slot would be more beneficial to them, though.

pedit: I sincerely hope Fred is that obvscum. From what I recall I liked most of the people voting him but let me check.
In post 4266, Hectic wrote:[5] Fredrick A Campbell: Bell, MUSHSHAGANA, PookyTheMagicalBear, shellyc, Flea The Magician
(+ I assume Gloria)

Okay, okay heavy town presence early I think, at least. Could definitely work.
I think Fred has a better than rand chance of flipping scum but if we’re wrong, we can still hopefully get him to pass the scroll to scum but I really think he’s probably flipping scum. Town gives reasons for whatever they view as their shortcomings in solving a game but they soldier on despite any obstacles: scum gets bogged down with excuses and hides behind them as a reason for not doing anything useful.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4386 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Votecount 2.2

[6] Fredrick A Campbell:
Bell, MUSHSHAGANA, Flea The Magician, PookyTheMagicalBear, shellyc, Gloria Cleary
[2] Noraa:
Titus, Adorable
[1] Fidget:
Tayl0r Swift
[1] Adorable:
Theta Alpine
[1] shellyc:
Fidget
[1] Tayl0r Swift:
Fredrick A Campbell,
[1] PookyTheMagicalBear:
Noraa

[4] Not Voting:
MURDERCAT, UNOwen, Lady Lambdadelta, Lapsa

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to curse someone with the scroll. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to curse.

The cursing deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-06 21:29:24).

Joint moderator ISO.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4387 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:16 am

Post by shellyc »

ehh

fidget seems to be commenting on the wagon being "heavy town presence" but not jumping on which is weirding me out

UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4388 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:45 am

Post by UNOwen »

VOTE: Fred
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4389 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:47 am

Post by UNOwen »

Flea/shelly: "nonsense"
Me: "that's nonsense"
Flea/shelly: *crickets*

:/
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4390 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:50 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4321, Tayl0r Swift wrote: what prompted that post was toog's list. if someone in those 5 was getting scrolled that was my preference. toog ignored me, we hit town.
Why was Theta your preference over me?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4391 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 4387, shellyc wrote:ehh

fidget seems to be commenting on the wagon being "heavy town presence" but not jumping on which is weirding me out
In a scummy way? I'd love to hear some elaboration on how it makes you feel.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4392 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:57 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 4391, Fidget wrote:In a scummy way? I'd love to hear some elaboration on how it makes you feel.
yeah

normally i'd assume you jump on a wagon in which your TRs are voting, so fidget seems to be subtly encouraging the wagon for whatever reason while staying off it?
which is a red flag if fred flips town. but if its fred!scum this feels like bussing without even getting cred.

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4393 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 4392, shellyc wrote:
In post 4391, Fidget wrote:In a scummy way? I'd love to hear some elaboration on how it makes you feel.
yeah

normally i'd assume you jump on a wagon in which your TRs are voting, so fidget seems to be subtly encouraging the wagon for whatever reason while staying off it?
which is a red flag if fred flips town. but if its fred!scum this feels like bussing without even getting cred.
I see. I forgot about scum purposefully staying off town wagons, so I was about to say something pretty dumb sounding.

So yes to clarify, I find Fred scummy at worst, not towny at best, and I endorse his wagon. I really want him to be scum for town's chances of winning this. That being said it feels somewhat cheap of me to rush ending the day without having an opinion on at least 6-7 suspects of mine, so I'm holding off for now. Just like how I felt with Noraa D1, I trust that that he isn't going anywhere regardless of whether or not I vote.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Fre/He/She/It/They/伊

Post Post #4394 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 4343, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 4323, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4309, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 4291, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4288, shellyc wrote: still exists but uno is like 80% scum and you're 75%
still want you to do my ordering tho
Any reasons?
@Fred, why no comment on Shelley’s ordering request?
I didn't actually understand what that meant.
I interpreted it as she was requesting an ordered readslist on those slots.
I misinterpreted that post as shellyc asking me to order her some food as I misinterpreted the part of this post where she asks me to make this readlist as her own readlist. I'll get to work on it now.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4395 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:12 am

In post 4230, shellyc wrote:
In post 4227, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:You know, with 17 players left in this game, I really would appreciate it if everyone only post if they have something meaningful to say. Below is an example of completely inessential conversation that could have been done using the site chat. Please use the site chat for conversations like this. You won't get banned. It's not game related.
Fredrick: complains about no game advancing content
Fredrick again: Doesn't give game advancing content at all

lol
fred order these names from town->scum NOW
fidget
taylor
theta
bell
gloria
I don't really care if you mind this or not, but I have another readlist that reflects what I am thinking better than your random set of five that you just chose.

Town to scum:
MUSHSHAGANA, Gloria Cleary, Fidget, all players not on this list (null), Tayl0r Swift, Noraa
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4396 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:21 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 4394, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4343, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 4323, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4309, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 4291, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4288, shellyc wrote: still exists but uno is like 80% scum and you're 75%
still want you to do my ordering tho
Any reasons?
@Fred, why no comment on Shelley’s ordering request?
I didn't actually understand what that meant.
I interpreted it as she was requesting an ordered readslist on those slots.
I misinterpreted that post as shellyc asking me to order her some food
as I misinterpreted the part of this post where she asks me to make this readlist as her own readlist. I'll get to work on it now.
:lol:

Fred is very entertaining irrespective of alignment.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4397 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:22 am

In post 4347, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4338, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 4337, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:And how did you reach that conclusion?
well i started by reading your posts, and then i thought about it real hard for about 3 seconds

do you like this answer from TSwift Fred?

Is it something you can see a town player saying or does it look more like scum who has no idea how to back up their fake thoughts?
I actually didn't like it, but I made a decision to [REDACTED FOR NOW TILL THE PLAN IS ENACTED OR CANCELLED].

Meanwhile, I actually can see this coming from a town player, which is a reason why I decided to not push Tayl0r Swift on it. However, in addition to this instance, I have taken note of this second instance and am mildly scumreading her.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4398 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:23 am

Actually, Gloria, I seriously thought that was what she meant and it didn't make sense to me, but I couldn't make better sense of it.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4399 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:26 am

Could someone tell me why they are townreading Noraa or Tayl0r Swift? I am absolutely not.