Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 7621, TheGoldenParadox wrote:relax please :(
lol if you can imagine 20 pages of just this...that's hood-life. Not much fun tbh, and hard to understand at times, but it is just a game and you never know what ppl are dealing with in real life, so always try not to take things to heart! <3
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 7620, Almost50 wrote:
In post 7557, Bell wrote:
In post 7552, Almost50 wrote:@Bell: You do trust me, no? I mean, skill-wise. If you do, please follow me. IF I'm wrong I will take ALL the blame.
Where am I sheeping?
Wait for now, then if chemist doesn't self-sacrifice you vote her, and then stay put for tomorrow when we have worked things out in the PT.

P.S. And if I'm dead by tomorrow, follow sb. ;)
I hesitate to say it, but there's no reason you should be dead tomorrow. Although if you were, it would be further proof that Math's theory is incorrect.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@sb: Mate, it's NEVER about having a different view. Ask Nero. We almost never agree on the same read of a single player the hole game, and we sometimes take bouts on each other. Ask Titus. We have some fundamental differences between our play styles.

This is about someone who thinks "linear" and totally refuses to consider any other possibilities regardless of the situation. Man, he still considers Titus/Nero maybe playing against us, despite us both being in that hood -in addition to Norwee- and all confirming otherwise!! Also, how hard is it to understand that "at least one" does NOT equate to "exactly one"?

And then he says "do you realize that if your theory is true, Bell is scum?| and facepalms?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #7628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Amd then he talks to me AGAIN after I had made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that I don't want to interact with him anymore. Is that too hard to understand too?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 7627, Almost50 wrote:@sb: Mate, it's NEVER about having a different view. Ask Nero. We almost never agree on the same read of a single player the hole game, and we sometimes take bouts on each other. Ask Titus. We have some fundamental differences between our play styles.

This is about someone who thinks "linear" and totally refuses to consider any other possibilities regardless of the situation. Man, he still considers Titus/Nero maybe playing against us, despite us both being in that hood -in addition to Norwee- and all confirming otherwise!! Also, how hard is it to understand that "at least one" does NOT equate to "exactly one"?

And then he says "do you realize that if your theory is true, Bell is scum?| and facepalms?
:eek: whatd i do
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 7627, Almost50 wrote:@sb: Mate, it's NEVER about having a different view. Ask Nero. We almost never agree on the same read of a single player the hole game, and we sometimes take bouts on each other. Ask Titus. We have some fundamental differences between our play styles.

eh, i can see the above is in reference to me, so I'll respond. You're incorrect about my view on Titus/Nero - as should be pretty clear from the discussion so far today (and in the previous dayphase). However, it would be fair to say that I don't consider your view on somebody to be equivalent to a mech-conf, so no I wouldn't be convinced someone is 100% town just because you have a gut feeling they are. "at least one" doesn't necessarily equate to 1, but it might. The consensus view in this game is that it probably does - as noted, that isn't some madcap MM-theory, it's something which most people think is a reasonable possibility. You will see this if you look at people's solves today (and presumably the story is same in your hood). I have definitely considered other possibilities and changed my opinion throughout the game - me doing so was key to us flipping scum yesterday - although my initial reads have generally been fairly good. I can see you've taken it personally that I don't agree with you on some things - it isn't a sign of disrespect towards you, and it's honestly fine for people to have different styles and approaches. As I've said to you before, I think the line is drawn where things get personal, and there's really no need to insult or disrespect me because you don't agree with me - it's a game, so have fun, but try and be nice too. :) If it's helpful we can have a proper chat after the game too, as otherwise this discussion may derail things.
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 7628, Almost50 wrote:Amd then he talks to me AGAIN after I had made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that I don't want to interact with him anymore. Is that too hard to understand too?
*shrug* i'm trying to make an extra effort to extend an olive branch to you, as I really don't see the reason for you being so angry at me in particular. I mean, even if you really think my opinions are bad, does that really warrant getting so mad? Mafia is a game of persuasion and co-operation, so if you think I'm wrong about something you should be trying to persuade me of your viewpoint, but honestly the best way to do that isn't to swear at me and insult me. If that's too much to ask at the moment, it sounds like it might be worth you taking a short break from this thread though.
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 7629, superbowl9 wrote:

:eek: whatd i do
lol you're all good dude, he was talking to/about me. i'm trying to calm things down.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Bell »

Plz reevaluate me.

You’ll look good if you do.
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

me?
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

im always re-evaluating everybody, me
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #7636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Titus »

I presume everyone is onboard with Chemist then with either Bell or Math?

I do give Math some points. He's stuck to his guns about his theory before it was his neck on the deciding block.

What it really boils down to is it Bell or Math as the last partner? Neither has pushed scum. Neither has really scumhunted. Math I see evidence of trying to work with us, albeit reluctantly (after the note). The only thing Bell has done of note is try to wagon SS day one.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Bell »

Please kill the third party before you kill town bell.
Ty
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #7638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Titus »

Math hasn't been as wrong as Nero stated. Math did prefer Pickaxe Pete out of the three when asked while most everyone else wanted DDL.

Math did hard defend Taylor, but it wasn't the play Math was defending at all but the premise instead.

Math wasn't around for the Gamma execution. Bell was and did jackshit despite being active.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #7639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 7637, Bell wrote:Please kill the third party before you kill town bell.
Ty
What have you done that's townie?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 7639, Titus wrote:
Ty
Not gotten in the way.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #7641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 7640, Bell wrote:
Ty
Not gotten in the way.
Where have you scumhunted?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7642 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 7638, Titus wrote:Math hasn't been as wrong as Nero stated. Math did prefer Pickaxe Pete out of the three when asked while most everyone else wanted DDL.

Math did hard defend Taylor, but it wasn't the play Math was defending at all but the premise instead.

Math wasn't around for the Gamma execution. Bell was and did jackshit despite being active.
I voted gamma and made a small case as to why his behavior was scum pinging me.
I unvoted when A50 said he was town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7643 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 7641, Titus wrote:
In post 7640, Bell wrote:
Ty
Not gotten in the way.
Where have you scumhunted?
Here and there.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7644 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Bell »

It’s pretty clear from the flips and my interactions with all the scum that i’m not scum with them.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #7645 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Titus »

I think once I am done moving, Drunk!Titus will look at this game.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7646 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7631, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 7628, Almost50 wrote:Amd then he talks to me AGAIN after I had made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that I don't want to interact with him anymore. Is that too hard to understand too?
*shrug* i'm trying to make an extra effort to extend an olive branch to you, as I really don't see the reason for you being so angry at me in particular. I mean, even if you really think my opinions are bad, does that really warrant getting so mad? Mafia is a game of persuasion and co-operation, so if you think I'm wrong about something you should be trying to persuade me of your viewpoint, but honestly the best way to do that isn't to swear at me and insult me. If that's too much to ask at the moment, it sounds like it might be worth you taking a short break from this thread though.
Can you all please hug it out? This is just a game. Sure some things have absolutely frustrated me this game too. But please both of you, this isn’t productive. If need be take it to your group’s hood (assuming the three of you have one). I am intentionally taking a back seat as me posting isn’t productive for town right now, please don’t do WW3.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7647 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7636, Titus wrote:I presume everyone is onboard with Chemist then with either Bell or Math?

I do give Math some points. He's stuck to his guns about his theory before it was his neck on the deciding block.

What it really boils down to is it Bell or Math as the last partner? Neither has pushed scum. Neither has really scumhunted. Math I see evidence of trying to work with us, albeit reluctantly (after the note). The only thing Bell has done of note is try to wagon SS day one.
I am onboard with Chemist as the elim. I, to be frank, have been more focused on lalalalalala rather than blah blah blah (Titus will get this) so who with I don’t know. My setup spec originally had them as town but their complete flake out means they’re probably scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7648 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and the other scum is?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7649 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7638, Titus wrote:Math did prefer Pickaxe Pete out of the three when asked while most everyone else wanted DDL.
is this true?

im p sure Math made a post that said DDL and JJH were the likely scum in that grouping. And...if he's king or a traitor then he knew that DDL wasn't scum so giving him town points for that is dumb.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit