davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:54 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1849, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1840, Uncrowned wrote:What motivation does Lilith have to lie there?

If Mena flips green do we not just end up suspecting her?

As I'm typing this I realize it's not that simple but it's a risky play nonetheless
Idk

I'm basically i dont townread lilith
I dont scumread mena
Her result matches up on neither side (wrt the credibility of the persok giving it, and scumminess of the person being guiltied)
I cant explain the motivation but like it'a not completely adding up for me
Let's not forget that Pine was active on site but not playing this game. Menalque is the type of player who can attempt to spew a lurkscum slot town with posting that we can't verify until many flips have happened. What I don't know is if lilith knows that or not.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1874, lilith2013 wrote:where are you townreading them? iirc you distinctly said you weren't when asked
oh, right

err, that has changed and I guess I am now

my point still holds about completely undermining that by not sticking to a hardbus/harddistancing if we were partners
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:55 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1872, Menalque wrote: I like the point about how the frame is less likely bc why not just let me pursue town!infinity on D2 and then kill me after I served my purpose if I was wanted dead (and in fact that's a strat I've explicitly used before as scum), which would maybe imply more directly that infinity is just scum, if I was saved by your JK
do you really think the intentional no-kill is a likely scenario, as in, at all?
eh not really, I'm just throwing out possible scenarios. It's last because I think it's the least likely
kinda lowkey interesting that you didn't consider the implications of me claiming cop D1 in any of this, but I'm not sure in exactly what way
again (? actually not sure if I've said this explicitly) I just assumed that anyone low in the draft pick didn't get a PR, which is why I thought it was safe to JK you in the first place.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1875, davesaz wrote:Menalque is the type of player who can attempt to spew a lurkscum slot town with posting that we can't verify until many flips have happened
whadda ya mean, lurkscum slot? this was a nothing slot before I came into it, pine had 4 posts!
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:55 am

Post by lilith2013 »

fml sorry quotes
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:56 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1877, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1872, Menalque wrote: I like the point about how the frame is less likely bc why not just let me pursue town!infinity on D2 and then kill me after I served my purpose if I was wanted dead (and in fact that's a strat I've explicitly used before as scum), which would maybe imply more directly that infinity is just scum, if I was saved by your JK

do you really think the intentional no-kill is a likely scenario, as in, at all?
eh not really, I'm just throwing out possible scenarios. It's last because I think it's the least likely
kinda lowkey interesting that you didn't consider the implications of me claiming cop D1 in any of this, but I'm not sure in exactly what way
again (? actually not sure if I've said this explicitly) I just assumed that anyone low in the draft pick didn't get a PR, which is why I thought it was safe to JK you in the first place.
I think this fixes it
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1879, lilith2013 wrote:fml sorry quotes
lol
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:57 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1876, Menalque wrote:
In post 1874, lilith2013 wrote:where are you townreading them? iirc you distinctly said you weren't when asked
oh, right

err, that has changed and I guess I am now

my point still holds about completely undermining that by not sticking to a hardbus/harddistancing if we were partners
I didn't really think you were hard distancing

I mean it looks that way from his side during your wagon at the beginning of the day, but that doesn't require you to bus him back?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:58 am

Post by lilith2013 »

What made you change your read on JV?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1882, lilith2013 wrote:I didn't really think you were hard distancing

I mean it looks that way from his side during your wagon at the beginning of the day, but that doesn't require you to bus him back?
right, exactly

if we were partners, it would look like we were hard distancing, that's my point

incidentally, if I were scum, these are exactly the sorts of posts I would be making to fake-spew JV as one of my partners
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:59 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1868, lilith2013 wrote:actually skitter seems to not be considering at all that you could have been the NK target
To be fair here I would never consider that either.
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:00 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1884, Menalque wrote:

right, exactly

if we were partners, it would look like we were hard distancing, that's my point

incidentally, if I were scum, these are exactly the sorts of posts I would be making to fake-spew JV as one of my partners
uh... can you ELI5? I don't get what you're trying to say at all
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1883, lilith2013 wrote:What made you change your read on JV?
their kind of bad sheepy vote on me, refusal to really engage with me about why I was >rand scum when I tried to talk to them about it, all seem like things scum wouldn't do bc they'd look very bad after I flipped town

and they felt kinda townie when we were jamming about shit after that
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:01 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 1885, davesaz wrote:
In post 1868, lilith2013 wrote:actually skitter seems to not be considering at all that you could have been the NK target
To be fair here I would never consider that either.
What I'm trying to say is that her mind went straight to "lilith must be lying" instead of like, the other 3 scenarios that mena and I were discussing which are imo more plausible (I mean obviously from my perspective I'm telling the truth, but I don't know why the second most likely scenario to skitter is that I'm lying?)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1886, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1884, Menalque wrote:

right, exactly

uh... can you ELI5? I don't get what you're trying to say at all
just pride really, it prob makes more sense to talk about it post-game

I'm saying that if JV and I really were scum together, it wouldn't look like a bad/half-assed bussing job because I'd have told them they'd better fucking commit on the bus if that's the play and I'd be doing my very best to not look associated with them (whereas the way I'm posting about them -- i.e. trying to strongly argue we don't make sense as partners -- is the sort of shit I would do if I really were scum, only I wouldn't do it with my actual partner, I'd do it to a townie who I wanted town to THINK was my partner, in order to help my actual partners)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Menalque »

like, I'm not gonna argue that I'm a scumgod or anything

but all I'm saying is that I think if there are 3 things I'm good at as scum, they are

(1) having a plan to win
(2) being very aware of how I'm perceived by the other players and very sensitive to that (albeit subtly)
(3) making sure that if I am going down I incriminate innocent townies and don't look like my partners are my partners

and it's just sorta funny that I'm being scumread this game, in a non-mechanical sense, for having supposedly done a really shitty job at the things which I'm actually pretty consistently strong at when I roll scum

I'm not expecting this post to actually make anyone feel better about my slot, but it's funny to me
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:07 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1764, Uncrowned wrote:I just have a real icky feeling about TGP in general tbh

The whole part where they default to Hoopla and then gets on a wagon once one has picked up looks like an attempt to show active voting/hunting although Hoopla hasn't been at the forefront of the game in what feels like forever at this point, like probably 40 pages ago or more?

But then when we have these crucial moments (DGB and Mena now, I'd say) they have almost nothing to say other than getting on the wagon?
there
is
nothing to say
my vote on dgb was because flipping a claimed pgo is protown not only because pgo is negative util but because it removes the possibility of a scum 1-shot vig being in the game so it didn't matter if dgb was a star player because mechanically their slot was proscum even if their claim was true (which it was)

my vote on mena is also mechanical because of lillith's claim

on the off chance mena flips town infinity is probably scum

i was voting hoopla because she is incredibly unlikely to be a PR and therefore a much better lim than anyone in the top half of the draft i have cased her ya know
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 am

In post 1769, Uncrowned wrote:I'm not sure TGP/Infinity would be together judging by TGP's posting about how everyone should get off the DGB wagon and go after Infinity on D1.

But then again... they ended up going back on that decision almost immediately which is why I'm sussing them in the first place so it could be a possibility.
because dgb claimed pgo lol
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1891, TheGoldenParadox wrote:my vote on mena is also mechanical because of lillith's claim
wow, that's convenient!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Menalque »

do you think there are 2 scum in the 4's, TGP?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:10 am

In post 1813, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 1296, TheGoldenParadox wrote:this probably isn't the time to start a dunnstral wagon. i'm fine eliminating in {infinity, hoopla, dgb}, but we can't no-elim.

or can we (?) idk but isn't this game at evens or something and odds are better?
In post 1349, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1346, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1340, Menalque wrote:she’s always gonna be a liability
Lilith and Golden Paradox have fewer posts than the mod but OK
i
always
have fewer posts than the mod. it doesn't mean i haven't put a lot of content out. your play the last two pages has seemed very weird to me.

that being said, i don't buy dgb scum, and considering that i don't think she'd lie about being such a good townplayer, i'm not on board with eliminating her d1 under any circumstances. like come on, this is just a "eliminate the least charismatic player" (not an attack on you dgb, just that you have written off this game to an extent) and i don't buy this wagon at all. my vote will stay on infinity, and y'all should join me.
In post 1364, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1356, petapan wrote:
In post 1352, DrippingGoofball wrote:Oh there we go again with the "everything's fake" and not believing your lying eyes. You're gaslighting yourself.

Anyhoo it looks like I'm hammered.

I was town and choose PGO because I expected to be NK'd.

Adios amigos
VOTE: dgb
dgb, did you GET pgo?
In post 1369, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: dgb

sorry. no one else above you in the draft took vig, you chose the vig slot, and then took PGO? don't believe it, sorry
In post 1638, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: menal

These were all back to back in their ISO. This does not look natural at all.

i'm good with this elim today.
This also looks real bad, especially considering TGP's play has consisted of "Let's lynch Hoopla" who, as I said, hasn't been the focus of the game in terms of being pressured or wagon since I want to say roughly page 20-30.

The lack of willingness to engage with the wagons, only to jump on at the most opportunistic moment with no comments on either slot (DGB and now Mena) can't be ignored.

This doesn't seem like townplay to me. Even when TGP has been "against" the wagon, they've barely spoken about it and have only either voted someone else or voted on the wagon. There's no other interaction here. No information seeking or real attempts at reads outside of Hoopla

Also forgot to mention but assuming I'm right on this TGP thing, Daves is most likely town.
ineteresting on how you call my votes opportunistic
they're very simply mechanically-driven votes

also by "any circumstances" i meant "any reasonable circumstances" to me, dgb claiming PGO was almost as unexpected as if she outright claimed scum
anyways why would she even take that slot if she hated vig and knew pgo was basically negative utility
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:11 am

In post 1893, Menalque wrote:
In post 1891, TheGoldenParadox wrote:my vote on mena is also mechanical because of lillith's claim
wow, that's convenient!
so convenient! a player who is guaranteed to be a power role claimed jailkeeper on a slot that is incredibly unlikely to be nightkilled, and no nightkills occured.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1895, TheGoldenParadox wrote:anyways why would she even take that slot if she hated vig and knew pgo was basically negative utility
obviously bc she thought (correctly) that it was one of the ones that might still be available

also because she said she thought there was a good chance scum might try to kill her on N1 which would let her elim one of them
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1896, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1893, Menalque wrote:
wow, that's convenient!
so convenient! a player who is guaranteed to be a power role claimed jailkeeper on a slot that is incredibly unlikely to be nightkilled, and no nightkills occured.
why am I so unlikely to be a NK, TGP

you've played with me

am I not a threat to scum?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:13 am

In post 1825, Uncrowned wrote:I feel like the not wanting to vote out PRs thing is kinda NAI? its LAMISTy and can come from either alignment imo

Their casing on Hoopla does look decent but I do have an issue with it - it's mainly based around game theory and the draft. They've done nothing to progress that read since making it based on Hoopla's play outside of the whole 4s thing that was all talked about during the beginning of the game. I feel like she's posted enough to where, if you were STILL scumreading her (which I assume TGP does considering they voted her now on D2?) you'd think there'd be more substance to it by now.
i don't expect my reads in this game to be great it's filled with players who are much better than i am
but i do think that i can look at someone's play and look at their position in the draft and what they have said to arrive at a reasonable conclusion
hoopla is scum
and i've used a lot of hoopla's actual posting especially her interaction with PP it wasn't JUST the fours thing lol