Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2186, Hoopla wrote:the same goes for skitter too. can we please try for a better balance of voices?
I will try to be better abt this, apologies
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:51 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2224, TheGoldenParadox wrote:flavor leaf won the don corleone scummy and is probably the best scumplayer on this site today.
Man my ego
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2225, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2186, Hoopla wrote:the same goes for skitter too. can we please try for a better balance of voices?
+1 in that i will try not to actively make the game unpleasant for you hoopla, but equally my style is much more just responding to what’s in front of me when I’m here and as it comes to mind than trying to condense that into big forced posts. Realistically what I can offer is that if I notice I’m posting a lot I will intentionally vacate thread or give it a chance to breathe and for people to catch up before resuming posting again
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Menalque »

Skitter, who would you have targeted for a kill last night if you were scum?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Menalque »

Also, I’m up-to-date, there’s nothing I particularly want to/feel the need to comment on, and am approaching the point where my
LUST FOR BLOOD
need to get more information from flips to continue solving/to not spiral off into paranoia about the gamestate means I think we should start thinking about who we’re actually killin’ today

TGP i think is probably a decent shout. I’ve decided I’m still not sold on infinity!town despite skitter’s points, but don’t wanna fight her on it today. I think if TGP is scum we are probably mostly in control of the game/gamestate, and if he’s not then we might be more snowed than I think

I think wagons point tentatively towards TGP!scum — as in, the people on him are mostly townie, he was a counter wagon to town originally, his wagon hasn’t really grown very fast compared to the wagon on town which shot up to G-1 instantly, and there’s now an effort to get a counterwagon to him going on Dunn (which, despite dunn being scummy, does maybe make dunn somewhat +town if TGP!scum)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Menalque »

I also don’t like the “I’m lhf” thing that TGP has argued multiple times. I ISO’d him in the game we played together where he also came under pressure and he only tried to call himself LHF as a way to divert pressure a single time (that I could find via ctrl+f in his ISO) whereas here he’s appealed to that defense multiple times
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2228, Menalque wrote:Skitter, who would you have targeted for a kill last night if you were scum?
Honestly i dont know
I think scum!me feels fairly good/confident abt the gamestate eod yesterday, and there isnt any name that strategically jumps out at me (top pf draft is lilith who i'm pushing, dunn who is obviously scummy, and me), and nobody who particularly scumread me either other than like you and idk if i kill u there

Probably decide based on who the teammates are and their positioning in the gamestate, but i obv cant extrapolate that here
Show
Hiatus once more.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2227, Menalque wrote:
+1 in that i will try not to actively make the game unpleasant for you hoopla, but equally my style is much more just responding to what’s in front of me when I’m here and as it comes to mind than trying to condense that into big forced posts. Realistically what I can offer is that if I notice I’m posting a lot I will intentionally vacate thread or give it a chance to breathe and for people to catch up before resuming posting again
all good. i think now that i've caught up (and had a sleep), i was probably being overdramatic and projecting a little. seems most of the playerlist is keeping up fine, and it isn't really that much of a problem.

anyway, occasionally giving the thread a chance to breathe from the skitter/menalque show is a fair compromise. thanks!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2229, Menalque wrote:I think wagons point tentatively towards TGP!scum — as in, the people on him are mostly townie, he was a counter wagon to town originally, his wagon hasn’t really grown very fast compared to the wagon on town which shot up to G-1 instantly, and there’s now an effort to get a counterwagon to him going on Dunn (which, despite dunn being scummy, does maybe make dunn somewhat +town if TGP!scum)
from a speed/resistance & composition of voters perspective, i agree the TGP wagon looks healthier than most of the wagons we produced yesterday, ie; lilith/DGB... but i still feel it's a suboptimal play.

realistically, TGP does seem like the scummiest 4, but i think we can do better today. or at the very least, give the town a real counterwagon possibility in dunnstral.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@TGP

FL was just an example of someone I've seen play that way. I didn't even know they had that reputation. Also, the idea that you're playing anything like that is false. You're not being aggressive.

Just because I've said some general things I find scummy and you're not doing ALL of them doesn't mean I'm going to think you're town? What kind of defense is that? There's a bunch of other stuff you're doing that I find scummy that you ARE doing and your defense is "I'm LHF" and that your votes didn't matter?

If you're town, your votes matter plenty and the fact you think otherwise isn't good. DGB self hammered. If you don't vote, it's left at L-2. That's two other people that need to interact with that wagon that we get more information from.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Hoopla based on play alone, who do you believe is more likely to be scum between TGP and Dunn?
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2233, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2229, Menalque wrote:I think wagons point tentatively towards TGP!scum — as in, the people on him are mostly townie, he was a counter wagon to town originally, his wagon hasn’t really grown very fast compared to the wagon on town which shot up to G-1 instantly, and there’s now an effort to get a counterwagon to him going on Dunn (which, despite dunn being scummy, does maybe make dunn somewhat +town if TGP!scum)
from a speed/resistance & composition of voters perspective, i agree the TGP wagon looks healthier than most of the wagons we produced yesterday, ie; lilith/DGB... but i still feel it's a suboptimal play.

realistically, TGP does seem like the scummiest 4, but i think we can do better today. or at the very least, give the town a real counterwagon possibility in dunnstral.
you're right, and i agreed with your previous post on the subject. it bothers me that most of the suspicious players to me are in the 4s. i know i said this but i feel like i'm not doing enough to read the people in he top half of the draft. i'll try to adjust for that now because it's just not good play to not try to read there even if i have a scumread in the 4s
free crypto
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2235, Uncrowned wrote:Hoopla based on play alone, who do you believe is more likely to be scum between TGP and Dunn?
from play alone, they're probably my two top picks. who more than the other is just splitting hairs, which is why i like factoring in mechanical considerations when things are close.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

So how long before you're comfortable eliminating in the 4s?
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2226, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2224, TheGoldenParadox wrote:flavor leaf won the don corleone scummy and is probably the best scumplayer on this site today.
Man my ego
pff i bet they give that award to just about anyone
free crypto
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2238, Uncrowned wrote:So how long before you're comfortable eliminating in the 4s?
once we've flipped a scum elsewhere, i'd be more comfortable trying to solve the 4's.
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

Of course your position has nothing at all to do with your own draft number. :roll:
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by petapan »

okay, so, with tgp, i'm torn, because i feel like i have a soft spot for the type of player who feels like they're spilling spaghetti everywhere with every post, that sort of player that gets eliminated a lot which always makes me hesitant. they spouts off some goofy theory about hoopla being doubled with PP, and i just give them points for "sincerity" without really trying to evaluate them. the fact that they stuck with scumreading hoopla for something so slight as moving her vote around early bothers me. but the way they went from "oh menalque sounds town but is likely scum by mechanics" to an immediate 180 just from one something_smart post saying the mechanical evidence isn't that strong. the speed of the change there to going back after infinity gave me whiplash. they also keep saying infinity's posts are very bad but can't offer an actual explanation as to why and i'm bothered by that a lot. their self-defense is starting to feel like they're just trying to copy the argument they've seen someone else use? i don't understand how you can declare yourself "uninformed", i guess. and yet still my earlier gut vibes tear at me and i'm wary of a false positive even if their defense is very wifom-y in a way i don't like. but need to think about who makes sense as a partner.

still have issues with JV as well, best bird is...on tone i lean toward town but the content is light. feeling like hoopla is town.

so looking at the top of the draft

lilith:
not really town on play but it would be very unusual for her to claim in the manner she has as scum. could still potentially be teamed with tgp, based on how they reacted to the wagon on her on day 1.

dunnstral:
heavy under the radar, not really offering much at all. last post had kind of an irritable town vibe but there wasn't enough of that on day 1. also could see him as scum with tgp (or almost anyone really)

skitter:
insisted forcefully enough that she would have taken multitasking that i believed it, have overall liked her approach and they way she's pressurred people. however, keeps making these strained defenses of jackson that are making me raise an eyebrow. probably not teamed with tgp although i guess she's not averse to bussing

dave:
was going with the flow for a lot of day 1, not necessarily scummy but not towny either, more recent posts have been townvibes though, stuff like the reaction to menalque lolclaiming is more likely town. probably not scum with tgp.

something_smart:
veeery slight town vibes of a few posts. probably should go back and re-read because i don't remember a
ton
there.

uncrowned:
one of those things where i can't explain it in a good way but very consistently scumhunting and just generally town

infinity:
seems fine to me, posts today don't look scummy, i guess it's possible menalque sees something i don't but he's not raising any flags for me. also probably not teamed with tgp even if he's defending him here because i don't think tgp tries to bus him.

it's all very confusing to me
free crypto
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

The way I currently see it is

Preferred Elim: TGP or Dunn

People we could consider elimming: Mena, JV.

Everyone else I don't think is a good elim for today tbh
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I also have reservations about townleaning Dave too much and would like a bit more engagement from Lilith, although I guess from her perspective it makes sense not to be too interested in today's happenings
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

And yes, the whole lack of movement on the Hoopla scumread with minimal change based on her actual play is a big reason this reeks of scum to me.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by petapan »

TheGoldenParadox
, please try to explain what's bad about infinity's posts to you
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2242, petapan wrote:insisted forcefully enough that she would have taken multitasking that i believed it
meh, I think it's well within scum-skitter's wheelhouse to pick one thing and strongly argue why she would have picked the other, especially if she did the pick specifically for WIFOM.
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
From either perspective of &
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Prodge for now sorry
Tactical Lurker
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

S_S do you have thoughts on anything at the moment or have you been busy or something?