Guillotina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1323, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1322, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1314, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1294, Guillotina wrote:Why is Taylor ok with this guy answering for her?
so first superbowl speaks for me and then you jump on it and put words in my mouth and say im fine with that. superbowl is scummy for answering the question directed at me, despite the answer being correct. you are scummy for trying to paint it like im partnered with superbowl.

sup er bow l/guillo team
Where did i put words in your mouth?
specifically it was the bit i quoted about me being fine with super bowel answering.
Ok yah you are right. The question should have been. Taylor, are you ok with him speaking for you?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:27 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Spoiler:
In post 1324, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1316, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1313, Guillotina wrote:That is why I say that your are at elitist arrogant town player or (add to that a selfish one too), because you are willing to yeet another town regardless of him being a PR or not, just because he is a threat to YOUR chances at catching scum. This is a team deduction and cooperation game
Why would I not want a player gone that hurts my wincon? I've made my position known and if the majority don't agree then you won't get eliminated. Let's compromise, who do you think we can work together to elim? You've been pushing me most of the game so I don't know why you expect me to work with you on that...
Are you willing to keep an open mind? Forget that I'm a noob and an outsider.

If you townread me, that should be enough to keep me if you are town. I pushed you yes and hard! But now I think you are not necessarily the mafia faction. I still suspect that you could be the third party, as such faction is ok with getting anyone yeeted (you have displayed that tendency) or the arrogant selfish town player who only thinks about his game experience.

I hate arrogant people but in mafia that could just be an act.

I remember the second game i Played in MU, I was LHF in that game. There was this guy with a huge ego and an arrogant vile attitude and I hated him, I thought it was real. When the game ended he publicly apologized for LHFing me and he's been giving me hints about how to play and stuff. I still got a long way to go but I'm better than back then.
So this you, as much as I hate it could be just be a made up persona or it could be real, but that does not change the fact that there is a chance that you could still be town, but I need to see town leaning interactions and decisions from you.

People I won't yeet on D1: BM, DoubtingThomas, Cat and Chaos

How about you?
In post 1316, superbowl9 wrote:Let's compromise,
who do you think we can work together to elim?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1313, Guillotina wrote:That is why I say that your are at elitist arrogant town player or (add to that a selfish one too), because you are willing to yeet another town regardless of him being a PR or not, just because he is a threat to YOUR chances at catching scum. This is a team deduction and cooperation game
Why would I not want a player gone that hurts my wincon? I've made my position known and if the majority don't agree then you won't get eliminated. Let's compromise, who do you think we can work together to elim? You've been pushing me most of the game so I don't know why you expect me to work with you on that...
this post pings though. why are you working to elim people rather than catch scum?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:38 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1327, Tayl0r Swift wrote:this post pings though. why are you working to elim people rather than catch scum?
You’ve never compromised to elim someone who maybe is lurking and you have a nullread on? I think ppl this game think you elim if and only if scumread, that’s just not how I play. Sure I will push a strong scumread more but things need to get done
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

sure i have. but i work with my confident townreads generally. i dont work with people ive been scumreading all game.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:18 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Your goalposts just moved, but as you can see i don’t work with guillo the same way i work with you or bm for example
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1299, Guillotina wrote:What i've been trying to figure out here is the gamma/dt relation.

Are they really buddying up?

Or

Is it a pocketing case and if so, who pocketed who?
Does there REALLY need to be scum between us? Why??
This feels a bit manipulative, like you're trying to line us up by propositioning this idea.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1318, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i hope im already doing this but VOTE: super bowel
In post 1319, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oh oops there may have been an extraneous letter
no dont its funny
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1321, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1318, Tayl0r Swift wrote:i hope im already doing this but VOTE: super bowel
My next avi change is gonna be the shit
I'm considering changing mine but I'd need an assistant to get the concept I desire to work
unless someone can tell me how to turn multiple still images into a cycling gif

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1316, superbowl9 wrote:Let's compromise, who do you think we can work together to elim?
I might be overreading but DAMN this wording looks scummy

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1328, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1327, Tayl0r Swift wrote:this post pings though. why are you working to elim people rather than catch scum?
You’ve never compromised to elim someone who maybe is lurking and you have a nullread on? I think ppl this game think you elim if and only if scumread, that’s just not how I play. Sure I will push a strong scumread more but things need to get done
yeah my homesite is very uptight about only yeeting proper scumreads, which results in rather barren D1s even when people decide to not actively say "fuck it" to generating content that day by insta-abstaining

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Marashu
Marashu
Mafia Scum
Marashu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 1.10
EliminationWith 12 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate someone.

Doubting Thomas
(4): Battle Mage, JohnnyFarrar, superbowl9, chkflip
superbowl9
(4): DoubtingThomas, Gamma Emerald, Aristophanes, Tayl0r Swift
Chaos Triforce
(2): pob long, catboi
Gamma Emerald
(1): Chaos Triforce

Not Voting
(1): Guillotina

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-11-21 10:30:00).

Mod notes:
  • Battle Mage V/LA (vacation/limited access) for 1-2 days
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1290, superbowl9 wrote:Why do you think i’m scummy ari? Talk to me
Spoiler: Pre-1290 Analysis
In post 1260, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1258, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Also why's it scaring you?

(Typed and deleted non game related stuff, y'all are tricky)
I thought gamma was either just wrong or scum purposely being wrong, but now that he's starting to be right I'm not sure if he's scum starting to pivot to the right position now that he's realizing he won't be able to ride the wave of DT/guillo or if he's just realizing how bad his stuff earlier was
This is shade on a fairly townread player and doing that this early in the game is a good way to sow the seeds of doubt for a miselim later on. It feels like you're not trying to sort him, just dropping a subtle diss for later.
In post 1261, superbowl9 wrote:Okay enough getting actual content out of me I'm trying to survive the night here
This is just disgusting. That's not how anyone should play, and in a game with a 3p and hidden NK flips, this (fake?) townslip isn't even towny.
Getting info and discussion is town's main power, and you are choosing not to use it such that you survive. Honestly not a fan at all.
In post 1273, superbowl9 wrote:Guys I checked my meta from 2012 offsite and actually in Thanksgiving Thrifting Hunt 15 I made this exact same play, it came from scum. Not sure how much clearer evidence you want
This is such a fucking weird clapback to Gamma and I do not see the point of it. Discrediting Meta just makesthe meta more believable. Like pointing out why it might be wrong "that game was different because {setup, size, mental state, etc} is one thing but this is just...like the reaction to gaining a vote here is scummy and it made my raise an eyebrow at your slot.
In post 1288, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1284, Guillotina wrote:Well you are super wrong about me, i suggest you looking somewhere else. If you won't, then case me instead of just calling me scum. Or do you just expect people to take your word for it?
The reason she won’t do that is because she knows you will just take her points and “destroy them with facts and logic”. A lot of newer players want like a point by point case they can tear down to feel like they’ve won an argument or interaction, but you can literally technicality and overanalyze your way out of ANY point someone can bring up in this game.

It’s just not an efficient or fun way to play, so a lot of people use more broad terminology and clarify when necessary, and will debate more on the spirit of an argument rather than trying to think up arguments to prove themselves right. Why would anyone with that approach bother to give a nuanced explanation when they know the spirit of that message will not be relevant to the one responding? Yet you view it as “they have no argument! They must have backed off because they were scared of interaction!”

I know this because I used to be that player. I also know this post probably won’t convince you of what I’m saying. But if you’re looking for an explanation as to why I’ve “shaded” you and DT, this is it. Have fun destroying it with facts and logic :D
Answering for someone else sucks dude. I also noted your stepping in in defense of TayTay here as possible buddy interactions.

Spoiler: Post-1290 Analysis
In post 1300, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1294, Guillotina wrote:What do you know about the reason she will not do it, did she tell you in chat? Why is Taylor ok with this guy answering for her?

So you are saying that if someone accuses me of scum, I shouldnt try to debunk their theory to prove that I'm not? And instead what? Let the accuser lead a wagon to miseliminate me?
When you said that i can “literally overanalyze my way out of any point someone can bring up in this game”, what did you mean? Can you show me examples where i've done this?

These are all legit non rhetorical questions.
It could be that taylor completely disagrees with everything I said (although I suspect she doesn’t) I just saw it as a good opportunity to hijack and explain myself a little :)

Your reply is exactly what I mean, I can give you examples but will you just “debunk” them? What’s the point? It will take a lot of effort from me to paint you a picture of what I’m talking about but why would I do that when there’s a good chance you’re not going to be looking at it to understand, but looking at it to “debunk”? <-that’s your example right there :)
*NOTE: Nestled spoiler eliminated by myself as they break posts and whatnot*

See, you didn not answer multiple questions here, including ones related simply to how Taylor may react to you commenting for them, and instead criticized Guillotina for playing the game. The point is to debate and discuss things. I'm not saying you have to search for examples but you should have something in mind if you brought up the points, right?
Telling Guillotina you are refusing to engage them because they will analyze your points and poke holes where they see them is bad, weak, and potentially scummy play. Instead, why not engage them, poke holes in the holes they've pokes, and prove your points that way? Or is it because you're worried you won't have a rebuttle and will be outed as scum?
Like, even if you aren't going toconvince Guillotina on things, perhaps you can sway the rest of the town to believe you in things. If it's not worth your effort that's probably because you don't really have anything of value to say imo.
In post 1304, superbowl9 wrote:
If you think I’m an elitist preaching down to you idrc
, I’m trying to explain to you why I’ve said what I’ve said. I’m not going to get into an argument with you about this but yes,
I do view you as a threat to my chances at catching scum this game which is why I’m fine elimming you even if I don’t have a great read on your alignment.
I would say this if you were acting the same way regardless of your experience level, but like I said I used to play that way and know it to come from newer players more often.
The underlined is a huge eww with an eyeroll :roll:
The bolded is just a PL and if one of your best moves after what's probably 50 pages by now is a PL I have to wonder if you are even trying. That shouldn't be viable still.
It once again seems like you are slating them for an easy Elim later in the game, as you are with Gamma.
Once again, preshading and colouring the answer before it is made. Classic.
In post 1317, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1314, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1294, Guillotina wrote:Why is Taylor ok with this guy answering for her?
so first superbowl speaks for me and then you jump on it and put words in my mouth and say im fine with that. superbowl is scummy for answering the question directed at me, despite the answer being correct. you are scummy for trying to paint it like im partnered with superbowl.

sup er bow l/guillo team
Ima let you finish but Beyonce had one of the best music videos of ALL TIME
I've quoted this for 2 reasons.
1 is to say that this is a hilarious reference/meme on the playername here and I loved it! XD
The other, though, is that Taylor jumping down Guillotina's throat here with almost more power than SB's is yet another joined scumtell for the two. I know pre-flip associatives are meh, but the two definitely are a viable scumteam.

At the same time all of this was going on, DT and Gamma became decently strong townreads and a few people shifted into intermediary spots.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

okay if ari's scum I'm like a speck of lint in his pocket rn that's how hard it's gonna be to get me out

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1211, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know what, I’m gonna call this out rn. I really don’t think Chaos hydra is scum atp. Get off of them.
I'm like 100% confident of this now btw

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1339, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1211, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know what, I’m gonna call this out rn. I really don’t think Chaos hydra is scum atp. Get off of them.
What caused the boost?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by catboi »

I don't know that all of sb9's posts hit me like they did Ari, but I like the way he dissected things.
Guillotina
Guillotina
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1326, superbowl9 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1324, Guillotina wrote:
Are you willing to keep an open mind? Forget that I'm a noob and an outsider.

If you townread me, that should be enough to keep me if you are town. I pushed you yes and hard! But now I think you are not necessarily the mafia faction. I still suspect that you could be the third party, as such faction is ok with getting anyone yeeted (you have displayed that tendency) or the arrogant selfish town player who only thinks about his game experience.

I hate arrogant people but in mafia that could just be an act.

I remember the second game i Played in MU, I was LHF in that game. There was this guy with a huge ego and an arrogant vile attitude and I hated him, I thought it was real. When the game ended he publicly apologized for LHFing me and he's been giving me hints about how to play and stuff. I still got a long way to go but I'm better than back then.
So this you, as much as I hate it could be just be a made up persona or it could be real, but that does not change the fact that there is a chance that you could still be town, but I need to see town leaning interactions and decisions from you.

People I won't yeet on D1: BM, DoubtingThomas, Cat and Chaos

How about you?
In post 1316, superbowl9 wrote:Let's compromise,
who do you think we can work together to elim?
You: VOTE: superbowl9

This is final. Im not changing it. I believe by tonality and intention of your posts in this game so far that you are 3P.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

DoubtingThomas, Gamma Emerald, Aristophanes, Tayl0r Swift + Guillotina

feeling good about the wagon here. with the exception of Tayl0r all people i highly town read and tayl0r's lack of votes/activity, although could go either way for town/scum, felt like it lacked a scummy agenda. I am also assuming Johnny saying that being lackadaisical is a town tell for her is going to be true regardless of johnny's alignment. so this is fine
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Man we're all still talking huh?
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by catboi »

I want an answer from Gamma before I move my vote.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1340, catboi wrote:
In post 1339, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What caused the boost?
A minor epiphany that my standards in a certain regard were too high.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by catboi »

Okay.

VOTE: superbowl9 (E-1)

townread most of the people voting him, him still mainly advocating for voting people because they will be an obstacle to him finding scum rather than because they are scum is pretty bad.

No one hammer without announcing intent and getting a claim first.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

@Ari I can give you what my thought process was post by post, but i think in general my question for those who think I am simply content with any mislim is
doesn’t this seems like a pretty poor way to achieve that goal
? If you really think I’m only interested in setting up elims and not sorting here, why am I aggroing the top 3 posters and pushing for clearly unpopular policies?
It seems to me that scum is either one of DT/Guillo/Gamma and a lurker or a team like 2 of ari/catboi/chk and town is going to get BTFO. Hence why I want to survive until later in the game and why my interest lies in breaking up what i view as a harmful townblock which is already fmpov sending through one mislim today.
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Chaos Triforce »

*Sigh*
This game lost my interest super fast. I dont know how to get interested again. someone help

-nornorisreallyboredofthisgameatm
You THOUGHT you knew what the word "Chaos" meant...
This package contains three tsunamis: Noraa (Bubblybop), Puffilybop, and Squigglybop (names all courtesy of Noraa :D :))