Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1027, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 995, Nero Cain wrote:im town reading Norway but I will say that he'd make some sense as a Taylor buddy so when/if she flips scum im going to strongly consider a norway flip, But taylor accusing me of bussing muh just looks like buddy play. So maybe im at

taylor
muh
maybe norway
IV
Ugh, Taylor.
I told you to distance.
also, this WIFOMy reaction is just lame and childish.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1050, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well i do think it’s bonkers, but ok.
so when scum gets flipped you never suspect the player that defends them?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1014, Nero Cain wrote:if you already read the first 15 pages why do you want a TL:DR?
I think I get it?
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1052, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1050, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well i do think it’s bonkers, but ok.
so when scum gets flipped you never suspect the player that defends them?
That’s not really what i care about. The reason i’m having a "light push back" as you call it is because i am actively aware that scum is most likely attempting to pocket me, and your read on has seemed contradictory. I know i’m not scum so that’s not the issue for me here.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 966, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 944, Umlaut wrote:
In post 942, innocentvillager wrote:You really think scum!dgb who made a perfectly understandable and legitimate mistake

Doesn’t take the perfect opportunity to explain themselves here with that mess up to get towncred
That's entirely possible, sure. Wouldn't that imply there is towncred to be gained in the first place by admitting to the slip-up?
fine, assuming she gets towncred for that might have been a bit of a circular-esque assumption

but regardless of how it might be viewed, it can't really be like, that bad

my main point, was in the rest of that quote that you cut off, which was how it seems unlikely scum!dgb wouldn't just admit to the genuine mistake they actually made

so I'm wondering with all this in mind, why you're still townreading that reaction/if you are
It's not a flawless impossible-to-fake towntell but it is a towntell. Evidence for a proposition is anything that is more likely if the proposition is true than if it's false. Regardless of how likely DGB would be to respond that way as scum, she'd be
more
likely to respond that way as town.
In post 966, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 953, Umlaut wrote:I can only remember one other game I played with IV and he was on my ass because he didn't like my reads in that game too.

To be fair, my reads really were bad in that game and the guy he criticized me for hard-defending was scum.
lmao, what a game, and it was also a cakez game. also was me and you from 4+ years ago so I'm not gonna read into too much. that was also teen aggro-iv

was there anything in particular you wanted to reference from that game? or just for nostalgia's sake? (<3)
I guess it's not actually that important since as you pointed out it's very very old meta. But it's if anything a reminder to myself that just because you're scumreading me for what look to me like dumb reasons doesn't mean you're scum.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also Nero, you literally just asked the exact same question 10 minutes before posting that one again.
My read on you is dropping.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 666, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Glitch NPOM Umlot Kanna-slot and Golden

Pretty sure we have better than 50% odds of hitting scum in this group

I'll iso guillotine
After seeing Nero criticize this pool I looked at what ABR's actually saying more closely and it's practically vacuous. He's not saying "at least half of these players are scum," he's not saying "at least half the scum are in this group," he's saying that
there's a better than 50% chance that at least one of them is scum
which is literally a weaker statement than just saying he has no idea they are scum (if I drew five players at random, assuming a scumteam of 4 the probability one of them is scum is something like 79%).

I assume this isn't what he actually meant but it's a hell of a hedgy statement to make.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1054, NorwegianboyEE wrote:i am actively aware that scum is most likely attempting to pocket me,
pushing you as a possible taylor buddy is like the exact opposite of pocketing you.

Who are you scum reading that has a town read on you?

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1058, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1054, NorwegianboyEE wrote:i am actively aware that scum is most likely attempting to pocket me,
pushing you as a possible taylor buddy is like the exact opposite of pocketing you.

Who are you scum reading that has a town read on you?
Yeah i’m sleepy. Meant to say: «has likely been attempting to pocket me so far"
Not ready to answer question fully yet, but i’ve become paranoid of you recently.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1056, NorwegianboyEE wrote:My read on you is dropping.
OMGUS

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1059, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Not ready to answer question fully yet,
:igmeou:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I guess you need advice from your scumbuddies first?

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

May, Kanna comes to mind though. They both called me town and then just flaked.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1062, Nero Cain wrote:I guess you need advice from your scumbuddies first?
Shut up.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Going to sleep now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1063, NorwegianboyEE wrote:May, Kanna comes to mind though. They both called me town and then just flaked.
lame.

Guillotina
Guillotina
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1057, Umlaut wrote:

I'll iso guillotine
After seeing Nero criticize this pool I looked at what ABR's actually saying more closely and it's practically vacuous. He's not saying "at least half of these players are scum," he's not saying "at least half the scum are in this group," he's saying that
which is literally a weaker statement than just saying he has no idea they are scum (if I drew five players at random, assuming a scumteam of 4 the probability one of them is scum is something like 79%).

I assume this isn't what he actually meant but it's a hell of a hedgy statement to make.
Umlaut what do you think of VOTE: TheGoldenParadox ?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like why are none of the active players calling you town scum trying to pocket you? Also flaking is NAI.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

y has Gul's tone changed?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

they were like such an angry edgy teen early on and now he's playing like a normal mafia plater?

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1067, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1057, Umlaut wrote:

I'll iso guillotine

Umlaut what do you think of VOTE: TheGoldenParadox ?
I don't know why you quoted my post, but I actually feel really good about VOTE: TheGoldenParadox. Really the worst vote for me in the bunch.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 999, Guillotina wrote:Also, I can't read Taylor. She could be open wolfing or she could be a scummy town player, so when I form a solid town block I will have to trust their read on Taylor or I don't know, I can't read her.
putting this in my iso
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i do wish Glitch was a little more active.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 903, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have grown Jaded with this petty squabble. Yes I know I capitalized that word and it’s because there is a specific Jade that helped me realize I’m an overemotional sack of shit today.
Who is Jade? I don't think you are a sack of shit. :)