Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1054, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1041, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: MT not really a fan of you dancing around this wagon.
Dafuq, that’s ubertownie? She’s re-evaluating based on possibly new info which is exactly what you expect town to do. Between Jessie sr me for not posting every single goddamned thought and now this, I almost wonder if I’m being punk’d here.
Ok, I did want to talk about this cause I’m still not sure on MT. Yes town re-evaluates based on new information, but there didn’t really seem to be any new information that MT was taking into account. Yes town can go back and ISO someone, but it didn’t seem particularly motivated to me. Scum opportunism seemed like a likely reason to re-evaluate there. Yeah personality could be another reason, but my gut is still kinda bothered by it.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1013, skitter30 wrote: b) i believe if she scumread me she'd be trying to interact with me and/or sort me, which isn't happening
I don't always play patty cake with people I scumread, but "A readslist with more than X nullreads is always scum setting up audibles and never a townie who doesn't have people's alignments in her role PM" is such a dumb thing like no I don't exactly want to use it as a jumping off point.

If you want to talk about something you can talk about why you think voting two different people in one post is scummy. That's like, decent. What makes you read that as feigned indecision versus indecision, is there some marker to it making you sure you're not confbiasing?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:03 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Isis have you sorted my slot yet :3
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1032, Morning Tweet wrote:I see, but have you seen scum towncase a buddy as their main contribution to the thread by far?
Ame in Dannflor's Purgatory and it was beautiful I miss him so much
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1086, Infinity 324 wrote:I’d be impressed by gloria’s “I’m so obvtown” act is she’s scum since she’s...not obvtown.
I hate when people call themselves obvtown. If you have done something that is town indicative and know you have, then you therefore are aware enough of those things you could have done them as scum, so it's always a flawed claim.

That said Gloria has been really townie this game, to the point I spend a lot more time curious about her main instead of her alignment.
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

The way she says it makes me really want to believe her.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:27 am

She is really obvtown
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Isis »

Pooky I don't have you solved yet which makes the game all the more fun. You have a townish post or two I noted but didn't comment on.

Do you have me solved yet? You said you had, then asked me if I was bad later, and I'm "special" in every reads list. It's confusing. Why isn't Ydrasse the one in the "special" readslist, since you remember marathon games you play with her and recruit her onto your scumteams?

I can't remember anything Ydrasse has posted in a bit.
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i haven’t said a lot lately and that is why
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 am

Wait a second are you saying you don't want to solve me because it's more fun to not solve me?
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1001, skitter30 wrote:
In post 998, Infinity 324 wrote:I wonder if she was talking about this
ydrasse? maybe. i really don't like the cutesy memey stuff that expands beyond a like minimal rvs, i don't like scrolling through like 15 pages of meems to get to the content
uhhh that was part of it but in general too there’s a sense of tension in the way you’ve spoken this game thus far that i can’t quite place, and idk if it’s just me not really knowing you/how you play but i feel it as an overarching Thing i guess
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Isis »

I scumread TGP's lay-down-and-die act because it seemed so premature. I don't scumread making a show of the last will-and-testament process per se, that can be theatrics or just townies actually do that as they go out, but assessing the point of no return has passed way sooner than it actually has can be a kind of Freudian confession they deserve to get limmed. Hectic was like super sure he'd get D1 paralyzed in Nightmare when I knew he'd get out of it. There's great examples that don't involve Hectic but it's extra fun to use examples that directly involve Hectic cause he can't comment on him. Don't we have a great mod?

Infinity, Tweetie fretfluttering in circles about it was about what I would expert her to do and I didn't really understand you giving her grief about it. Does scum!Tweet need to do gymnastics to be in a position where she can vote town!TGP when TGP is laying down and not fighting it? I agree with Gloria that it looked towny. Considering it will probably go through with or without her, wanting to sort them seems like a town sense of inherent responsibility to assent or dissent about each choice we make.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1109, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Wait a second are you saying you don't want to solve me because it's more fun to not solve me?
it's exactly the opposite, I'm still solving you, once I've finished solving you I won't be able to keep doing it. :3

When I get sure enough about a read I choose to stop considering them for the rest of the game. Some people don't really have a threshhold for that but I definitely do.

I am actually maybe sads that Flea is kind of getting to that point where I don't get to keep solving them, they might already be past it. (I want a super fancy emoji sad face to go here but I can't do fancy drawring like Flea)
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 am

note to self: never use the lay down and die defense
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Isis wrote:I scumread TGP's lay-down-and-die act because it seemed so premature. I don't scumread making a show of the last will-and-testament process per se, that can be theatrics or just townies actually do that as they go out, but assessing the point of no return has passed way sooner than it actually has can be a kind of Freudian confession they deserve to get limmed. Hectic was like super sure he'd get D1 paralyzed in Nightmare when I knew he'd get out of it. There's great examples that don't involve Hectic but it's extra fun to use examples that directly involve Hectic cause he can't comment on him. Don't we have a great mod?

Infinity, Tweetie fretfluttering in circles about it was about what I would expert her to do and I didn't really understand you giving her grief about it. Does scum!Tweet need to do gymnastics to be in a position where she can vote town!TGP when TGP is laying down and not fighting it? I agree with Gloria that it looked towny. Considering it will probably go through with or without her, wanting to sort them seems like a town sense of inherent responsibility to assent or dissent about each choice we make.
Maybe it was just bad takes with infinity at 5am? I’m not sure. I’m not 100% sure why she would do that as scum but she may have just been overly concerned with appearances. Her describing that it’s just her personality made me feel a bit better about it though.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Isis »

I would possibly interpret it differently if it was not my betrothed herself, and I don't think I've seen you play much with her before
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nah, never played with her before
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1113, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:note to self: never use the lay down and die defense
It’s always a really bad idea. I saw a townie try that as a gambit and almost got elimed because of it but the difference was that they didn’t actually believe it. Town tends to fight their potential elim with every living breath. The fact that they are prematurely giving up without a fight isn’t good. They are only at E-2 now and they should be towncasing themselves here instead of giving up.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1098, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1057, Flea The Magician wrote:Oooo I missed that one...

Infinity, whats your thoughts on my claiming hammer intent, on Jessies unvote, Glorias shenanigans and the talk between me and Jessie?
Hm? I thought it was a bit early for intent, but I also wondered if jessie’s cautiousness was scummy. Gloria looked like she was joking. Only reason I brought it up is cause TGP could’ve interpreted that as “I’m definitely dying today”
5 days to go before deadline and I'd made it clear I'd no intention of an early hammer.
To my knowledge that was the best action for me at that point, a slot I'm fine with eliminating and would be happy voting, but not wanting to slap the hammer down prematurely and deny talk time.

Anything on me and jessies interactions?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 1113, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:note to self: never use the lay down and die defense
If you do I will poke your belly. because bear floof.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1098, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1057, Flea The Magician wrote:Oooo I missed that one...

Infinity, whats your thoughts on my claiming hammer intent, on Jessies unvote, Glorias shenanigans and the talk between me and Jessie?
Hm? I thought it was a bit early for intent, but I also wondered if jessie’s cautiousness was scummy. Gloria looked like she was joking. Only reason I brought it up is cause TGP could’ve interpreted that as “I’m definitely dying today”
5 days to go before deadline and I'd made it clear I'd no intention of an early hammer.
To my knowledge that was the best action for me at that point, a slot I'm fine with eliminating and would be happy voting, but not wanting to slap the hammer down prematurely and deny talk time.

Anything on me and jessies interactions?
Right, another thing I was wondering about jessie was whether she was being overdefensive in a scummy way, but I decided on no and I’m not really sure why. That may mean I got townvibes from the earnestness of her defense. Idk.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I don't get TGP's defense of gypyx in 725, but I kind of liked TGP in it. Will be interesting to see why he's such a big wagon right now.
In post 809, skitter30 wrote:tgp looks like a gypyx partner
I didn't like any of Skitter30's posting on this page and am especially curious on this. I don't get pushing this association.
In post 820, Gloria Cleary wrote:Anyone play with Hopkirk as scum? I’m only familiar with his town meta. Wrt to TGP, only connection I see with Gypyx other than TGP hard defending him, is that they both seem to be focused on Jessie but neither has voted there.
In post 821, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I've never seen Hopkirk play scum.

I kind of assume by now he's affected by Hectic's supreme town aura.

Or there's just a magical force shield over England that keeps the boys over there from getting red pms.
I'm on about a 25 game/2.5 year towngame streak for (full length) forum games. I couldn't tell you how I'd play scum at this point, so 'similar' or 'different' play vibes are probably going to be generally good.

Technically since I shifted playstyles a lot after Hectic joined the site, 'making a lot of jokes' is something I've only done as town. If I was memeing a lot in team mafia then Kuribo would probably try and get me modkilled for making a lot of jokes :mad:
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:40 am

hopkirk,

is Isis town here?
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 864, Morning Tweet wrote:what is the point of going against the grain and defending Gypx as Golden? They spent a significant amount of their time doing that as opposed to other things, and i struggle to see why scum does that without pushing a new suspect

ah, i suppose they voted Dunn but they spent about 10 words on that and like 100s on Gypx. am I misunderstanding the golden wagon?
+1
In post 876, Isis wrote:I like Dunn's explanation for voting TGP. I think maybe he was repeating himself? so I maybe feel bad for not hearing it before. VOTE: TGP
This is E1.

Tweet, Pooky and I don't necessarily solve eachother. I don't think I've ever rolled scum against him and he's pretty slow to townread me when we're T-T and he's stated between games he thinks I would just hoodwink him if I ever rolled scum. That's probably just humility but there's not really any affirmative reason to think he knows how to read me.

I don't want to respond to Jessie's last post because I think we might be talking past eachother and I want to start fresh with her.
I don't want to get stuck in ruts this game.

Skitter's "case" makes me disappointed that's a vanity wagon I'm moving off of, ontop of Infinity's point tons of the reads I presented were from Hopkirk specifically asking me about people, which tends to mean it's people I didn't comment on in the first place specifically because my thoughts were weak and in both directions. It's such a lazy copypasta tell and all the times I've seen it used effectively it's been possible to point at a read that ought to be firm in that phase of game.

Actually VOTE: skitter, I have five days to be vain.
I don't think pressure is going to make or break how TGP gets sorted anyway, the way they play mafia.
I was also asking you about people in my POE because sheeping TRs is smart even if they sometimes say mean things and poke you.
In post 895, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this playerlist is amazing.
agreement
In post 940, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 936, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 931, Flea The Magician wrote:leave hoppy alone
if you could look at and explain it in the context of the skitter/hopkirk interactions surrounding it to me i think that would be productive.

to me it feels like, if i think of each of their statements to eachother in that time period as certain colors, and then close my eyes and try to put them in the right order it comes out differently from how it is

or if it was like tennis it feels like is hopkirk attempting to serve while skitter has the ball
I think was like, “I know you wanted to engage with me, I have to go now here’s when I can do it in real time”. I think hopkirk saw skitter posting and didn’t want her to be confused when he left for a bit.
This, but the biggest part is I interpreted 'talk' from Skitter30 as 'talk in real time'
In post 960, skitter30 wrote:i'm having a bad mental health day. i will try to be here later tonight but we will see

This is also @anyone else who wants it.
In post 967, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 964, Gloria Cleary wrote:Now you’re sus on Skitter? What happened to me being in your PoE?
no i am suspicious of hopkirk, and one of the reasons i can think of for why that post feels so off to me is that it was a coordinated thing
I don't really get your read? It feels kinda convoluted/overthought so it's not easy to address.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1035, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:What if we are in the world with a scum flagbearer and that's what the delay in the pre-game was rather than just Hectic stalling because Death Curse hadn't finished yet?

What if the flagbearer was actually a lamp-bearer?

What if inside the lamp was a Genie who had magical powers such as the ability to nightkill?

What if Dunnstral is holding the lamp and TGP's silly charade is to keep his friend Dunnstral safe?

Tweetie do you see where I'm going with this? ~.~ ~.~
Am I missing something, or is the 'delay' people are talking about something other than
the hours that Hectic would have been asleep

He posted at what was already a late time in the UK (fix your sleep schedule Hectic :( ) and then the game started the kind of time I'd expect him to wake up.

The obvious cause of the delay seems to be that Hectic was unconscious, and I'm fairly sure nobody knocked him out the night before