Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1647, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1646, Gloria Cleary wrote:there was heavy resistance to Dunn.
There really wasn't

I hopped up to e-2 instantly and then some people switched
In post 1648, Dunnstral wrote:And the resistance was in fact to tgp
Yeah but they were town so I’m not getting your point? Why would scum put up resistance to a town wagon in a game where all towns are vts?
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1649, Infinity 324 wrote:
Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1644, Infinity 324 wrote:It’s more that scum would almost never vote dunn in that situation, and statistically there’s very likely at least one scum on that wagon (of 5 at its height, I believe)
Statistically, scum is far more likely to be on TOWN!TGP wagon, since there was heavy resistance to Dunn. Why would scum try to derail a wagon on TGP? That makes absolutely no sense.
The probability of a given set of 4 people currently alive having at least 1 scum (assuming 3 scum total) is about 75%. If dunn is scum, scum are just as likely to vote dunn or TGP since it doesn’t matter to them who gets limmed. If dunn is scum, scum would almost never vote dunn. Since 4 people excluding myself voted dunn, that group is likely to have at least 1 scum, so dunn is likely town.

Also yeah, there was almost no resistance to dunn.
Why would scum want to save TGP though? I don’t see how that makes any sense?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I mean why
wouldn't
they? I can think of a few reasons why they would vote dunn there: it fits with their reads, they think TGP will be easier to mislim later, they think dunn could be more of a threat to scum, etc. Point being, they certainly wouldn't vote dunn if dunn was scum.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Spoiler: isis progression on me
In post 693, Isis wrote: The discussion around the infinity comment made me realize shading a townblock for size without picking anyone can like, benefit scum without putting oneself in harm's way and that make sense. I wonder if that's getting to become too much of the game at this point.
In post 780, Isis wrote:otoh I think you want me to understand why you believe TGP is town but I don't get a vibe of "I want Isis to believe TGP is town"

:P
In post 1111, Isis wrote: Infinity, Tweetie fretfluttering in circles about it was about what I would expert her to do and I didn't really understand you giving her grief about it. Does scum!Tweet need to do gymnastics to be in a position where she can vote town!TGP when TGP is laying down and not fighting it? I agree with Gloria that it looked towny. Considering it will probably go through with or without her, wanting to sort them seems like a town sense of inherent responsibility to assent or dissent about each choice we make.
In post 1379, Isis wrote: In a way I think of you as a strong player who could be infiltrator of the townbloc Infinity >_< . I keep feeling like I'm arguing with a chalkboard with the way you're reading TGP, which makes it seem like a TMI townread. But at the same time a lot of your posts have a townie construction to them. In the end I generally prefer the independent read to the associative read.. I tried something different in a marathon game today and it really backfired.. sorry Pooky :( So I'm probably going to sort you town for now.

I don't know if this is relevant to much (@skitter?), but I found this paranoia progression from isis to be very towny.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1652, Infinity 324 wrote:I mean why
wouldn't
they? I can think of a few reasons why they would vote dunn there: it fits with their reads, they think TGP will be easier to mislim later, they think dunn could be more of a threat to scum, etc. Point being, they certainly wouldn't vote dunn if dunn was scum.
So what you’re arguing is the votes and push on Dunn is from town, because I don’t understand what else you could be saying here? This is a game where all towns are vts. It isn’t a game where scum thought TGP was some secret PR because that’s really the only way your theory makes any sense. If scum know they’re getting a guaranteed mislaunch in TGP, they don’t try to derail that in a game where town are all vts, so whatever Dunn is, I read the votes/push on him as more likely to be coming from town than scum.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I just gave 3 reasons why scum might vote dunn in that situation.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Spoiler:
In post 1653, Infinity 324 wrote:
Spoiler: isis progression on me
In post 693, Isis wrote: The discussion around the infinity comment made me realize shading a townblock for size without picking anyone can like, benefit scum without putting oneself in harm's way and that make sense. I wonder if that's getting to become too much of the game at this point.
In post 780, Isis wrote:otoh I think you want me to understand why you believe TGP is town but I don't get a vibe of "I want Isis to believe TGP is town"

:P
In post 1111, Isis wrote: Infinity, Tweetie fretfluttering in circles about it was about what I would expert her to do and I didn't really understand you giving her grief about it. Does scum!Tweet need to do gymnastics to be in a position where she can vote town!TGP when TGP is laying down and not fighting it? I agree with Gloria that it looked towny. Considering it will probably go through with or without her, wanting to sort them seems like a town sense of inherent responsibility to assent or dissent about each choice we make.
In post 1379, Isis wrote: In a way I think of you as a strong player who could be infiltrator of the townbloc Infinity >_< . I keep feeling like I'm arguing with a chalkboard with the way you're reading TGP, which makes it seem like a TMI townread. But at the same time a lot of your posts have a townie construction to them. In the end I generally prefer the independent read to the associative read.. I tried something different in a marathon game today and it really backfired.. sorry Pooky :( So I'm probably going to sort you town for now.
I don't know if this is relevant to much (@skitter?), but I found this paranoia progression from isis to be very towny.

+1

Yep, totally agree. Isis was one of my top townreads pre TGP flip and it’s even gotten stronger post-flip.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1655, Infinity 324 wrote:I just gave 3 reasons why scum might vote dunn in that situation.
In post 1652, Infinity 324 wrote:I mean why
wouldn't
they? I can think of a few reasons why they would vote dunn there: it fits with tgheir reads, they think TGP will be easier to mislim later, they think dunn could be more of a threat to scum, etc.
Point being, they certainly wouldn't vote dunn if dunn was scum.

Your first three points don’t make sense with the bolded though. If according to your theory, scum were pushing Dunn because it “fit with their reads” or “they thought TGP would be easier to mislim later” or they considered Dunn “more of a threat to scum” ( seriously why though?), how does that make sense with the bolded? If scum obviously wouldn’t vote Dunn if he was scum, then how doesn’t that make the push on him, more likely to have come from town?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think we’re talking past each other so let’s work through this.

We have 4 possibilities:
There was at least 1 scum on dunn and dunn is scum: we both agree this is unlikely
There was at least 1 scum on dunn and dunn is town: I think this is the most likely scenario
There was no scum on dunn and dunn is scum: you think this is the most likely scenario, but I’m not convinced; it requires 4 players other than me to all be town, which is unlikely just by probability
There was no scum on dunn and dunn is town: also a possibility but unlikely by probability
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

You might be right that the act of voting dunn when town!TGP is getting run up is more likely to come from town, but the point still stands that a group of 4 players (fmpov) is likely to have 1 scum without mechanical evidence.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1659, Infinity 324 wrote:You might be right that the act of voting dunn when town!TGP is getting run up is more likely to come from town, but the point still stands that a group of 4 players (fmpov) is likely to have 1 scum without mechanical evidence.
Alternative theory: Dunn could be scum with a buddy trying to push him for towncred but because of TGP wagon, I think Dunn push was more than likely town if he’s scum. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where scum tried to derail a counterwagon to town in all vanilla setup.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1627, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: pooky I’ll talk about this a bit later, but I saw some scum!pooky aggression with their push on dunn before the elim. I also am not sure why they weren’t more concerned about a TGP elim given the above theory since it implies that TGP is town.

so the first part of this says my aggression on dunn is bad because its scum aggression?

the second part of this says i wasnt aggressive enough pushing for dunn over tgp?

am i crazy for reading this post this way??
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I mean. It’s not that you weren’t “aggressive” enough against dunn, it’s that you weren’t trying to stop a TGP elim in any way.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:17 pm

pushing dunn isnt trying to stop a tgp elimn atjl. ktjdjrndnfnrjrndjdj
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:17 pm

r y serrusosusj
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:18 pm

im going to bed. u go to bed too then wake up and read what u r sayinf to me
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

But you were ok with both elims :/

Yeah I’ll rethink some stuff when I wake up
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1658, Infinity 324 wrote:I think we’re talking past each other so let’s work through this.

We have 4 possibilities:
There was at least 1 scum on dunn and dunn is scum: we both agree this is unlikely
There was at least 1 scum on dunn and dunn is town: I think this is the most likely scenario
There was no scum on dunn and dunn is scum: you think this is the most likely scenario, but I’m not convinced; it requires 4 players other than me to all be town, which is unlikely just by probability
There was no scum on dunn and dunn is town: also a possibility but unlikely by probability
Too much on probablility here

There was never really a case against me in the first place, it doesn't really matter whether it was town or scum that jumped on me (though I agree it's unlikely that they were all town)
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

OK the brain is doing a short circuit... I think I need to review my meds... which reminds me...

OK meds taken, brain still foggy, body still achey, and for some reason my internal monologue went brain still FWWWWOOOOGGGGYYY! and now all I can picture the Big the Cat, or Gatto El Grande as he's also known lol

I'm ngl, i kinda expected a meatier case on pooks from Infnity? Like I get the vibe and gut feeling and the aggression thing... and pooky isn't being as chill and fun as they were in DC - that said I'm not playing the same either so I can't really call it AI...

GLORIAAAAA is about hoppy</3 or Dunn duun DUUUUNNNNNNN? The pooky jump seems a little....??? Like I can understand why Infinity thought what he did about the SR being because lurky.

Pooky questioning counterwagons of the same alignment... I'm pretty sure I've seen two town aligned wagons before now...

Yeah there was like zero resistance to the Dunn Train, was kinda scary how fast that built up.

Scum maybe wanted to save LHF for the easy ELO?

I really don't get why TGP thought there was ways to get mechanical guilties or thinks there's some weird PR for town because of the "All town are vt!"

Pooky the stressy bear... has a point though.

The Dunn case was based on bad RVS reasoning and "bad responses", there was no real reason for the wagon there imo...
In post 1633, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1622, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1619, Gloria Cleary wrote:He isn’t solvey and sorting players like he usually does as town
sorry is this about dunn or hopkirk? cuz i thought dunn at first and i would in no way agree with this assessment of dunn at all ^
I don’t know why, every towngame I ‘ve read of his, he has done more than he is here. He’s only given one townread so far: Flea and two maybe three scumreads: TGP, and now Pooky. And even that post he made about launching players due to their post count. he can’t bother to make actual reads or what?

At any rate Isis is a terrible vote. I strongly tr her pre-flip and it’s actually even stronger post-flip.
Dunno if this is Hoppy</3 or Dunn dunn duuuunn still.

... I think i've only got like 3 people left to actually vocalise a read about...
XenoSkulk was processed by Crushing Wheels

█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Do you wanna get to know me? Like are you really sure about that? GTKAS!
Songs I have used in catchups
Anything signed is from alters.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:21 am

brain whai you do this? I don't even remember getting that quote!

█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

I'm ngl, i kinda expected a meatier case on pooks from Infnity? Like I get the vibe and gut feeling and the aggression thing... and pooky isn't being as chill and fun as they were in DC - that said I'm not playing the same either so I can't really call it AI... ~Flea
In post 1663, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:pushing dunn isnt trying to stop a tgp elimn atjl. ktjdjrndnfnrjrndjdj
In post 1664, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:r y serrusosusj
In post 1665, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:im going to bed. u go to bed too then wake up and read what u r sayinf to me
Noraa makes every game fun. Noraa isn’t in this game. That said, these posts give me Death Curse pings.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1667, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1658, Infinity 324 wrote:I think we’re talking past each other so let’s work through this.

We have 4 possibilities:
Too much on probablility here

There was never really a case against me in the first place, it doesn't really matter whether it was town or scum that jumped on me (though I agree it's unlikely that they were all town)
Can you stop talking about anything other than you in this game or who’s pushing you etc. and actually talk about some other players and actually make reads?

I’m not extremely happy that is is probably the third time I’ve asked you this question and you continue to ignore it for some reason.

I will be keeping score if you also dodge this post as well. So besides tr Fea, sr Hopkirk and Pooky, what are your thoughts on the rest of the playerlist?

3rd time I’ve asked you this and next time you post in this thread I’m expecting an answer.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

@Flea, I’m definitely talking about Dunn. I don’t tr the fact that he continues to ignore my request to give reads and if he continues to dodge this, I will likely be voting him.

Pooky is a bad vote and Isis is probably my top tr. I also need to hear more from Hopkirk.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:40 am

Hopkirk be awol, jessie has gone, Ydrasse nowhere to be seen, gypyx is on their own personal island and skitter be skittish....

(゚∩゚)

█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m here just disengaged entirely of my own fault :<
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won