Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

it seems very simple to me. We have 2 claimed protectives. Me and OWER. Unlikely, given all the other claimed and revealed roles. How the claimed masons don't see it, is beyond me.

I figure it goes like this:

Ranny sheeps Math
Math stalls but ultimately does whatever Titus and Flavor Leaf tell him

I have no idea why but whatever. Just seems a shitty way to lose when we can easily win this.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1947, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1921, MathBlade wrote:Titus let me be blunt here. You’re acting an awful lot like a fourth scum and this is ELO.

I get both NPOM’s and BM’s claims are suspect as fuck. But the fact you’re literally waiting out in the wings for a quick hammer (your words) instead of voting NPOM when in your world there is no way I could be scum is sus as fuck.

You’re not even considering traitor which is normal, and I don’t know if the above is a slip.

Give me a reason by play you’re town here. Not mechanics. Play.
:facepalm: how on earth is Titus acting like it's ELO? and how is my claim remotely "suspect"?

I really hope, if my solve is right, you're just screwing around, and not actually going to throw the game for town.
I am deliberately not answering both questions here.

Where did you start crumbing?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1949, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1944, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1908, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1831, Battle Mage wrote:I figure it's obvious to scum that I'm a PR at this point anyway so I'll do my proper claim.
Hey BM why do you think this would be obvious to scum or to anyone? I didn’t see where you crumbed it.
lol! maybe ask Flavor Leaf or Titus since they both picked up on it. i was hinting at it for numerous posts today, after I figured there was a risk we wouldn't elim OWER unless I gave a bit more help.
So you started crumbing it day 3?
it wasn't really crumbing, i was dropping whole fking loaves. i was hoping Titus or FL would be town, take the hint, and we could bury it in content so I wouldnt have to claim.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1952, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1949, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1944, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1908, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 1831, Battle Mage wrote:I figure it's obvious to scum that I'm a PR at this point anyway so I'll do my proper claim.
Hey BM why do you think this would be obvious to scum or to anyone? I didn’t see where you crumbed it.
lol! maybe ask Flavor Leaf or Titus since they both picked up on it. i was hinting at it for numerous posts today, after I figured there was a risk we wouldn't elim OWER unless I gave a bit more help.
So you started crumbing it day 3?
it wasn't really crumbing, i was dropping whole fking loaves. i was hoping Titus or FL would be town, take the hint, and we could bury it in content so I wouldnt have to claim.
Then point out the loaves please
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

it seems to me that you're about to throw away the game regardless of anything I say because you are listening to Titus and FL and not me.

You'll forgive me if I don't waste my time going back to dig out quotes which you can easily find yourself (you were here when this all happened and I know you're not stupid).

absolutely ridiculous :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

Can you please not give up like Ben and superbowl? I’m trying to figure something out and MathBlade is trying to help me out. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1954, Battle Mage wrote:it seems to me that you're about to throw away the game regardless of anything I say because you are listening to Titus and FL and not me.

You'll forgive me if I don't waste my time going back to dig out quotes which you can easily find yourself (you were here when this all happened and I know you're not stupid).

absolutely ridiculous :facepalm:
I am listening to everyone. That includes you. Any crumbs you make may help if someone is being dense here. There’s no reason not to pull the bread out of the oven.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1948, Battle Mage wrote:I feel like there is probably not one town player left alive who has played well, and virtually every town player who is dead, had a better showing.
I have played well.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Like, end of the day, I know I caught scum.

For all we know, both wagons are scum, and we’re just fighting over which one.

If there’s bussing going on, NPOM is not any actual danger here.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

can you just look at the claims please, and tell me setup-wise what makes sense - 1 protective and investigative on alternating nights - yes. 2 protectives which overlap awkwardly - no. that's essentially what this boils down to. i only 'crumbed' when i knew it was necessary to risk outting my role to get OWER-elimmed. it doesn't make sense for me to do that as a gambit to save hypothetical partner NPOM when it buys me maximum of 1 mis-elim for 2 consecutive scum elims, or potentially 2 consecutive scum-elims and conftowning somebody else.

If you are masons, think about the permutations here - what makes sense in terms of setup and also the way each player has approached it. It's not like BM doesn't fakeclaim as town often if there's a reason, and it's pretty obvious that the manner I claimed VT (under no pressure, and using the excuse of being neighbourhooded to make it believable) was just to stop me being NKed. My role is alternate night so it kinda relies on me surviving a few night phases to get value from it.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I personally thing Bodyguard/Doc makes more sense than Neapolitan/Masons, BM
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1959, Battle Mage wrote:can you just look at the claims please, and tell me setup-wise what makes sense - 1 protective and investigative on alternating nights - yes. 2 protectives which overlap awkwardly - no. that's essentially what this boils down to. i only 'crumbed' when i knew it was necessary to risk outting my role to get OWER-elimmed. it doesn't make sense for me to do that as a gambit to save hypothetical partner NPOM when it buys me maximum of 1 mis-elim for 2 consecutive scum elims, or potentially 2 consecutive scum-elims and conftowning somebody else.

If you are masons, think about the permutations here - what makes sense in terms of setup and also the way each player has approached it. It's not like BM doesn't fakeclaim as town often if there's a reason, and it's pretty obvious that the manner I claimed VT (under no pressure, and using the excuse of being neighbourhooded to make it believable) was just to stop me being NKed. My role is alternate night so it kinda relies on me surviving a few night phases to get value from it.
So you’re claiming coached?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1958, Flavor Leaf wrote:Like, end of the day, I know I caught scum.

If you're town, I am convinced you know I'm right about OWER, and you trust me on this. I've played with FL-town (or your alts) a few times and you always eventually have confidence in me, and you also always have good mech savvy. Here you haven't even really talked about the setup impact of these claims and you've latched onto the fact someone 'fakeclaimed', despite the fact I think you have done that as town before too.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1961, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1959, Battle Mage wrote:can you just look at the claims please, and tell me setup-wise what makes sense - 1 protective and investigative on alternating nights - yes. 2 protectives which overlap awkwardly - no. that's essentially what this boils down to. i only 'crumbed' when i knew it was necessary to risk outting my role to get OWER-elimmed. it doesn't make sense for me to do that as a gambit to save hypothetical partner NPOM when it buys me maximum of 1 mis-elim for 2 consecutive scum elims, or potentially 2 consecutive scum-elims and conftowning somebody else.

So you’re claiming coached?
i dont know what that sentence means
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

It’s just...they both changed their claim from Vanilla to PR after NPOM was caught. Yes, NPOM was gonna claim it anyways, but I saw that they were gonna change it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

If you are masons, think about the permutations here - what makes sense in terms of setup and also the way each player has approached it. It's not like
BM
doesn't fakeclaim as town often if there's a reason, and it's pretty obvious that the manner I claimed VT (under no pressure, and using the excuse of being neighbourhooded to make it believable) was just to stop me being NKed. My role is alternate night so it kinda relies on me surviving a few night phases to get value from it.

That’s an odd way to refer to yourself. Bold is me
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1963, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1958, Flavor Leaf wrote:Like, end of the day, I know I caught scum.

If you're town, I am convinced you know I'm right about OWER, and you trust me on this. I've played with FL-town (or your alts) a few times and you always eventually have confidence in me, and you also always have good mech savvy. Here you haven't even really talked about the setup impact of these claims and you've latched onto the fact someone 'fakeclaimed', despite the fact I think you have done that as town before too.

You could be.

It doesn’t mean I didn’t catch out correct scum NPOM too, though.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1965, Flavor Leaf wrote:It’s just...they both changed their claim from Vanilla to PR after NPOM was caught. Yes, NPOM was gonna claim it anyways, but I saw that they were gonna change it.
But why doesn’t BM hammer NPOM in that case? And just lose that?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1966, MathBlade wrote:

If you are masons, think about the permutations here - what makes sense in terms of setup and also the way each player has approached it. It's not like
BM
doesn't fakeclaim as town often if there's a reason, and it's pretty obvious that the manner I claimed VT (under no pressure, and using the excuse of being neighbourhooded to make it believable) was just to stop me being NKed. My role is alternate night so it kinda relies on me surviving a few night phases to get value from it.

ok Math, just focus on crap like that, and ignore the substance of everything I said.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I have talked about the setup fully.

I pushed why I don’t think Neap and Masons are ever in the same game.

I can see some townieness in you, but I’ve never seen scum you before, so I think it’s fair to be suspicious of your slot when you’re defending the scum I caught.

Also, I brought up mass claiming Day 2, so idk what you’re talking about with me not trying to setup spec and look over everything.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1968, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1965, Flavor Leaf wrote:It’s just...they both changed their claim from Vanilla to PR after NPOM was caught. Yes, NPOM was gonna claim it anyways, but I saw that they were gonna change it.
I’m conftown after NPOM flips. I’m never getting faded after that.

And I don’t know, I think BM can just be town.

If NPOM is getting bussed by Alch or Outer, and No Elim is the third.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1969, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1966, MathBlade wrote:

BM

ok Math, just focus on crap like that, and ignore the substance of everything I said.
Thank you for permission I didn’t need it. I will continue so anyway. Why refer to yourself in 3rd person? Copy paste error from scum PT?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Outer and BM can also both target tonight.

We can protect people we don’t want dead, so we can control the scum’s Night kill here if we keep both BM and Outer alive. It weakens them and forces them to not kill who we want.

We can keep Masons alive.

BM on Mathblade, Outer on Ranny.

If any of them die, they’re outed.

Yes, there is scum WIFOM potential in that, but we play Mafia. We analyze when it comes to that.

That’s what analyzing is for.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1971, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1968, MathBlade wrote:
I’m conftown after NPOM flips. I’m never getting faded after that.

And I don’t know, I think BM can just be town.

If NPOM is getting bussed by Alch or Outer, and No Elim is the third.
No you actually aren’t. I may be super close to a solve here that gets you your wish but you’re not conf if NPOM flips scum here
GTKAS -- MathBlade