PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf (Game Over)

Forum rules
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2674, Solstice wrote:[You're never going to catch me as scum cause i'll just make sure not to step on your toes ever, lol.
You've scumread me in every single game we've ever played as soon as I start going against you.
It is.. so familiar. I almost forgot what it feels like]

[pedit: I do want to clarify I don't feel you're intentionally personally attacking me, I just am taking it personal a bit because I tried very hard to be objective with that post and you hand-waved it pretty much for no reason other than because I disagree with you.]

[Like -- in what world is ignoring everything mastina says a smarter me? I feel bad for the "I'm ignoring mastina" comment. You said I was smart and everyone should sheep that stance. That's bs, dude.]

[You can clarify that it's not the act of reading into what mastina says, and you are actually scumreading me for some "Morning misinterprets everything I say and bends it to make me scum here!" bull,
but you gotta actually show me where I do that.
]

~Morning
MT - i think we've only played 2 games against each other previously, and in 1 of those I (correctly) townread you throughout. you're just lying here. :facepalm:

anyway i'm not sweating this any more. I've put in loads of effort in this game but my goose is cooked. Hopefully yours will be tomorrow for throwing me under with such dishonesty and bad faith here. you may feel your post was objective - i vehemently disagree. it read as being entirely orchestrate through a lens of trying to paint me as being scum when you know i'm not.

It may be for nothing anyway, as nobody cares about my reads, except maybe the big man. which is ironic given the amount of bleating about me not giving enough reads here. :lol:

Ok, I'm checkin' out - it's been real y'all! Go town
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by pichu »

this was a very useful wagon
see morning it's all part of the plan
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Polar Bear Express »

In post 2618, Netflix and Chill wrote:
In post 2593, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2589, Spiffeh wrote:Hey BM what are your thoughts on Solstice currently?
playing very safe. it's hard to tell with MT - I think she is playing how she played when she hydra'd with me as town. Her takes on the game are like, logically sound, and steeped in the trademark MT-town wariness of jumping to conclusions. But I also feel like she's cruising and could easily still be scum here.

In short, could go either way.
In post 2602, Solstice wrote:[like as i have gone over, a lot of the things people are finding BM suspicious for, i don't really. I certainly haven't read everything though, especially many of mastina's points. I have a lot of respect for BM's scumgame in that i could see this recent emotional play being a ploy (I am having serious flashbacks to Revelations D1 Auro vs. VP Baltar). He also could be town where Mastina/Double are just seriously off the mark]
Interestingly enough, both Solstice and BM have similar noncommittal reads on each other.
In post 2655, Solstice wrote:[I just spent multiple hours reading and reviewing mastina's entire case for BM being scum because I previously was just dismissing it all -- which BM calls "smart" from me.]

[But now that I've taken the time to actually care and achieve a real verdict based off of the evidence and the entire case presented -- it's gross and I've lost my mind.]

[That is really, really disappointing to hear]

~Morning
Morning's post was very very good. It is +++++town points for her.
BM shading this is a TERRIBLE look.
The main reason is effort. (ironic of me to say as I can be a WIM monster as scum but there's a difference. Morning's wall was content filled whereas mine where paragraphs of basic emptiness in death curse)
the second reason is all if it makes sense.
the third is that she ended up unsure which if scum, she wouldn't make a huge wall just to end up saying she actually doesn't know.

-nornor
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the gloria unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:58 pm

didnt mean to quote the first one

-beario
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the gloria unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2666, Spiffeh wrote:BM what in Solstice's post makes you want to vote them now?

Because just recently gave a pretty noncommittal read on them and now now you want to vote them when they happen to be the next most likely elimination today?
they were the most likely elimination then too i guess - votes didnt change significantly between the two? i dunno *shrug*

anyway, i already answered the above several times - it's their bad faith approach. It's not MT's style as town at all. She is the ultimate in giving everybody the benefit of the doubt, and she's also highly intelligent and cautious. That post was basically a shameless attempt to do everything possible to shade me without getting her hands dirty. MT knows me pretty well, especially from when we hydra'd together. I think as town she can read me correctly here. But I am convinced that as town she can strike an objective, logical and balanced assessment of my slot and mastina's review of it. She did not do so, therefore I think she is scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

yeah, i think i'm better off elimmed in this game. the game is just a fog at the moment until I flip.

ok, really done now! :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

maybe there's a slim chance once i'm dead ppl actually listen to me. or at least get motivated to do something useful and productive :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:04 pm

VOTE: BM

The shade on Morning is very uncalled for.
Gloria might not agree with me but idc, I'm putting this vote down.

That shade was not ok.

Like Mastina and you's argument, you shading her is understandable. I think mastina is town but I also did get the feeling that she was confbiasing so I could see why anyone would get a bit pissed at her for it.

Morning isn't confbiasing at all. I think you either reply to her or you don't. Attacking her and shading her is very much a scum move here.

-nornor
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think that Solstice looks better from reaction to pressure, mostly skimming

And Bm still looks pretty bad

VOTE: Battle Mage
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by mastina »

For the record, making this known:
I read Morning's analysis of my posts.

Morning's analysis, as well as Ircher's analysis, of my posts, are precisely the type of engagement on my content that is a pro-town way to have analyzed the content critically, agreeing/disagreeing with it, putting actual thought into the validity or lack of it behind my points, and engaging me on it.

I do happen to think both are town for it, though I recognize that it's probably less alignment-indicative for Ircher.

It's clear that both are putting real thought into their conclusions. Real thought into conclusions does not, necessarily, mean town, but it is something that is at least promising. And in the case of Morning Tweet's analysis--I DO think it never comes from scum.

I know that effort does not necessarily equal town--but THAT effort with that purpose and that thought into it? Is town.

(I'm probably not explaining my thought as coherently as I should, but am a little bit out of it today headspace wise.)
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

E-1
?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Wait for Pooky to confirm I think
GTKAMURDERCAT

Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:08 pm

In post 2684, mastina wrote:For the record, making this known:
I read Morning's analysis of my posts.

Morning's analysis, as well as Ircher's analysis, of my posts, are precisely the type of engagement on my content that is a pro-town way to have analyzed the content critically, agreeing/disagreeing with it, putting actual thought into the validity or lack of it behind my points, and engaging me on it.

I do happen to think both are town for it, though I recognize that it's probably less alignment-indicative for Ircher.

It's clear that both are putting real thought into their conclusions. Real thought into conclusions does not, necessarily, mean town, but it is something that is at least promising. And in the case of Morning Tweet's analysis--I DO think it never comes from scum.

I know that effort does not necessarily equal town--but THAT effort with that purpose and that thought into it? Is town.

(I'm probably not explaining my thought as coherently as I should, but am a little bit out of it today headspace wise.)
I worded it poorly. This does morning much more justice than my post.
I 100% agree with this post.

-nornor
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Solstice »

In post 2675, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2674, Solstice wrote:[You're never going to catch me as scum cause i'll just make sure not to step on your toes ever, lol.
You've scumread me in every single game we've ever played as soon as I start going against you.

[pedit: I do want to clarify I don't feel you're intentionally personally attacking me, I just am taking it personal a bit because I tried very hard to be objective with that post and you hand-waved it pretty much for no reason other than because I disagree with you.]

[Like -- in what world is ignoring everything mastina says a smarter me? I feel bad for the "I'm ignoring mastina" comment. You said I was smart and everyone should sheep that stance. That's bs, dude.]

[You can clarify that it's not the act of reading into what mastina says, and you are actually scumreading me for some "Morning misinterprets everything I say and bends it to make me scum here!" bull,
]

~Morning
MT - i think we've only played 2 games against each other previously, and in 1 of those I (correctly) townread you throughout. you're just lying here. :facepalm:

anyway i'm not sweating this any more. I've put in loads of effort in this game but my goose is cooked. Hopefully yours will be tomorrow for throwing me under with such dishonesty and bad faith here. you may feel your post was objective - i vehemently disagree. it read as being entirely orchestrate through a lens of trying to paint me as being scum when you know i'm not.

It may be for nothing anyway, as nobody cares about my reads, except maybe the big man. which is ironic given the amount of bleating about me not giving enough reads here. :lol:

[wdym you read me wrong in both 2009 and Jigsaw. The persistence of your scumread in Jigsaw was impressive. And you did the same thing in 2009. So what game are you referring to..?]

[You actually believing my post was laden in dishonesty and bad faith leaves me in complete and utter disbelief. It's astonishing. There's a decent chance you're town that believes that. It is so frustrating to me.]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Hydra account of Mistyx and Morning Tweet.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:09 pm

In post 2685, MURDERCAT wrote:
E-1
?
yeah 8 votes.

-nornor
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by pichu »

BM suddenly hard scumreading any opposing wagon to him is very eh tbh
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by pichu »

sorry for the push Morning
but it's like forest fire - there needs to be some spice before the coriander settles
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Double the Trouble »

In post 2619, Battle Mage wrote: 2 pushing Norwee for spam, then 2 backtracking from pushing Norwee for spam. (I quite like this, in that he attacked a loud slot, and wasn't afraid to back down. there's a question on the phraseology though, it reads slightly awkward to me.)
You like this? I've neither been particularly loud or spammy. Especially when compared to certain other slots.

- Norwee
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2692, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 2619, Battle Mage wrote: 2 pushing Norwee for spam, then 2 backtracking from pushing Norwee for spam. (I quite like this, in that he attacked a loud slot, and wasn't afraid to back down. there's a question on the phraseology though, it reads slightly awkward to me.)
You like this? I've neither been particularly loud or spammy. Especially when compared to certain other slots.

- Norwee
holy moly
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Double the Trouble »

In post 2645, Battle Mage wrote: re having respect for my towngame...dude, have some sympathy, ive been bad-faithed to near death here with shitlogic. i am NOT a great mafia player by any stretch, and I'm not used to being the level-headed sensible one :shifty:
Maybe you're the level-headed sensible one in your mind because you are scum and trying to derail and very valid wagon on you with "logic"?

- Norwee
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 2441, Dunnstral wrote:UNVOTE: Battle Mage

VOTE: Solstice

Morning Tweet is kind of feeling like scum to me
In post 2683, Dunnstral wrote:I think that Solstice looks better from reaction to pressure, mostly skimming

And Bm still looks pretty bad

VOTE: Battle Mage
Dunn what happened between point a and point b for you here?
GTKAMURDERCAT

pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by pichu »

In post 2693, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2692, Double the Trouble wrote:

- Norwee
holy moly
^contentless two word spampost
just the sort of stuff i've come to expect from spamlord dunny
typical
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Goon
Blade Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Blade Dancer »

Official Vote Count 1.17

Solstice
(3): Double the Trouble, Not Known 15, Battle Mage
Battle Mage
(8): mastina, Creature, Toogeloo, Dunnstral, Netflix and Chill, Bell, MURDERCAT, Polar Bear Express
Ircher
(2): Dr Easy Bake, Solstice
MURDERCAT
(1): Ircher
Double the Trouble
(1): Ydrasse

Not Voting
(3): pichu, Spiffeh,

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to execute.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-12-14 16:00:00)

Last edited by Blade Dancer on Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by mastina »

Fluff post btw; you can skip this post, I just felt like addressing one of my main passions while I'm not playing mafia.
In post 2369, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2363, Ydrasse wrote:i'm playing the fortune comp and this is my payout after 12 round losses
we should play tft ! addd me
I'd be down to play tft any time but nobody plays on Oceania. :(
(I'm RBree2 on league.)
In post 2374, Double the Trouble wrote:i don't play tft anymore but i would play league
I also play League. I wasn't really feeling it much before, so played like once or twice a week, but with the preseason item/rune changes, I was reinvigorated and theorycrafting as well as limit testing is a whole bunch of fun. (I'm somewhat active on the Ashe mains subreddit, too.)

I'm an Ashe onetrick (though I'm trying to also learn Samira as a secondary champ for when she's pick/banned by the enemy team), and I play her in 4/5 positions (tho Mid is, by far, my weakest and top has some bad matchups which I can't ban all of and requires me to not make mistakes). She, as a champion whose kit has a ton of utility, giving her huge innate flexibility, was a HUGE winner in terms of preseason item changes in my opinion, because she can legit run almost any build in the game in select circumstances. There's like 2-3 dps-oriented builds and like 2-3 more supporty-builds and 2-3 poke-oriented builds and while not seeing much use, there's an ease of a more bruisery build. (I realize that, overall, adcs are much much weaker in S11, and that she's not the only big winner of adcs, but I legit think she's strong if played well.)

My personal favorite build right now is an ultra-flexible starts-as-poke-but-transitions-into-dps build of arcane comet + manaflow band + celerity + gathering storm + approach velocity + biscuits, with a tear start. (I personally have also found it useful to buy a level 1 control ward to give my team warning towards enemy invades, but I realize that's greedy and that potx2 is a much safer start.) I buy an early vamp scepter for the sustain, then build Kraken Slayer.

From there, I prefer ravenous hydra (for the omnivamp, cdr to help the poke, waveclear, and high damage) then runaan's hurricane (for the extra waveclear, extra teamfight power, extra crit), then Infinity Edge (due to the raw damage, which at 60/80% crit is buffed from before this patch), and then situational items: {Blade of the Ruined King, Wit's End, Black Cleaver, completed Muramana, Phantom Dancer}.
BoRK for extra lifesteal, max health shred, attack damage, attack speed, and movespeed steal.
Wit's End for attack damage, attack speed, movespeed, magic damage, and magic resistance.
Black Cleaver for extra cdr, attack damage, armor shred, and health shred.
A completed Muramana for extra mana, extra cdr, and reasonably good attack damage.
Phantom Dancer for extra crit, movespeed, and attack speed.

Situational as to how the game is going. Need to shred tanks, need to survive longer, need magic resistance, lack a frontline that'll allow you to autoattack so you're forced to poke with volleys from afar, etc. Works pretty well. You can bully most enemy botlanes out of lane, burning their resources (potions, summoners, etc.) fairly easily especially if your support runs ignite, and then just starve them by punishing them for last-hitting while last-hitting yourself, and just generate gold/xp leads from them backing or better, you killing them. But I realize it's not the highest-dps possible build for her (lethal tempo with full crit outscales/outdamages this build), I just like it because I can make it work in most games of mine. (Granted, I'm iron 2 on Oceania, playing at 200 ping every game, sooooo. What works for me may not work universally.)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2688, Solstice wrote:
In post 2675, Battle Mage wrote:

]

~Morning

[wdym you read me wrong in both 2009 and Jigsaw. The persistence of your scumread in Jigsaw was impressive. And you did the same thing in 2009. So what game are you referring to..?]

[You actually believing my post was laden in dishonesty and bad faith leaves me in complete and utter disbelief. It's astonishing. There's a decent chance you're town that believes that. It is so frustrating to me.]

~Morning
out of fairness to you, i went back and looked at 2009 again. You're wrong. I didn't read you as scum. I mean, tbh, I was fairly scattergun and attacked everybody at one point or another, but I never made a case on you or pushed you. Maybe you mis-remembered, but the problem with using these empirically observable examples to defend your read when you're wrong, is that from my perspective it looks like you are lying to make a case on me.

You can call it astonishing but like...you know me. As town, I fundamentally believe you know better than to make that bad faith post. And ultimately that's the only reason we are where we are.

anyway, no hard feelings on personal terms, but I do want Pooky to elim you to avenge me tomorrow. :lol:

Adios all! It's been....an experience! <3
Show

Nightkilled - 10