Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

I’m so confused rn. I don’t want to be pocketed again especially by Pooky but Infinty is making sense but Ydrasse doesn’t sound scummy to me and I’ve been tr Isis all game.

:(
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm not sure it's a 180 when the game shrunk by a ton of slots. Like, the game has changed and shrunk significantly, which is going to trigger recency bias. You're looking for people who are finding footing in this phase and a way for getting a foothold into the game state and building something of value. I kind of haven't. I feel pretty stuck on whether the slot that did the instrumental for scum thing is scum and the game needs to be solved that way, or that slot is the obvtown it seems like. I think I'm more hung up than anyone else because I was townreading Flea more than anyone else.

You reviewed my old wagon participation and gave me credit for it but didn't put your heart into it. It makes sense for someone who's experiencing recency bias. I guess maybe the way your progression seems town indicative to me is it's similar to those times when you can identify confirmation bias in someone that can be clearly distinguished from scum argument from repetition, and it gets you a townread because scum can't experience genuine confirmation bias.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Isis »

Phone posting is hard, I don't know if this also got into that post as intended, but I feel like I'm also experiencing recency bias and read reset and I remember how Ydrasse's I wanna dance thing is a small thing actually but my mind going "this is the most important thing in the world because everyone else is dead and also scum". So there's a resonance thing too?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3125, Gloria Cleary wrote:I’m so confused rn. I don’t want to be pocketed again especially by Pooky but Infinty is making sense but Ydrasse doesn’t sound scummy to me and I’ve been tr Isis all game.

:(
I'm in a similar boat except I have a perfect record not getting pocketed by Pooky and I'm afraid for breaking the streak :doctor:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Isis »

How come no one uses doctor emoji btw it's so underrated
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Isis »

Man I liked Jessie's last post
Everyone is town.
Except for the six
:dead:
"Well, I..."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Isis wrote:I'm not sure it's a 180 when the game shrunk by a ton of slots. Like, the game has changed and shrunk significantly, which is going to trigger recency bias. You're looking for people who are finding footing in this phase and a way for getting a foothold into the game state and building something of value. I kind of haven't. I feel pretty stuck on whether the slot that did the instrumental for scum thing is scum and the game needs to be solved that way, or that slot is the obvtown it seems like. I think I'm more hung up than anyone else because I was townreading Flea more than anyone else.

You reviewed my old wagon participation and gave me credit for it but didn't put your heart into it. It makes sense for someone who's experiencing recency bias. I guess maybe the way your progression seems town indicative to me is it's similar to those times when you can identify confirmation bias in someone that can be clearly distinguished from scum argument from repetition, and it gets you a townread because scum can't experience genuine confirmation bias.
Grr yeah but you do look worse compared to everyone else besides flea imo, like yeah you were on dunn but you were the second vote when he wasn't in real danger. Drunk misplay is not something I'm discounting either. But it's like you're here and putting effort in but not emotionally engaged at all like you were on d1. And there's a million little tiny things now but maybe when I come back I'll say I was stupid but I don't think so.

Ok take a break take a break
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1291, skitter30 wrote:i'm townreading the most: mt, jessie, flea, infinity
next tier town reads: ydrasse, pooky, gloria (tbf gloria is like somewhere in between this tier and the tier above it)
null: dunn, gypyx
scumlean: hopkirk, isis
scum: tgp

assorted thoughts on assorted players:

tgp's vote on me, coupled with the loss of their dunn scumread, is p gross and survivalistic imo. their content is not good, and they are reacting to this wagon on them in a way that i think is incongruent with how town!them would

gypyx ... does anyone have experience with him? cuz he's basically prodging and i wanna know if that's ai for him or not

flea is a shining beacon of wholesomeness and towniness

infinity is just obvtown

i think jessie's freakout wrt the jester thing is incredibly unlikely to come from scum, even if i disagree with her thought process

isis i still think her push on me is kinda fake

pedit fair enough but that's not something i can easily argue with u abt so i'm just gonna shrug and accept that you're not reading me right
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
Goon
team rocket queen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 3115, Infinity 324 wrote:Pooky’s sorting of flea here feels really genuine though and they are digging flea out of a hole if they’re scum and fae is town.
also did it actually feel like pooky was doing this to anyone else? like pooky said pooky was doing this, and infinity then used pooky's exact words more or less, but it did not feel like pooky was doing this to me, at least up until the post in which pooky said, actually
this
is what i'm doing
please call me jessie.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
Goon
team rocket queen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 3132, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1291, skitter30 wrote:i'm townreading the most:
mt
jessie
, flea, infinity
next tier town reads: ydrasse, pooky, gloria (tbf gloria is like somewhere in between this tier and the tier above it)
null:
dunn, gypyx

scumlean:
hopkirk
, isis
scum:
tgp

assorted thoughts on assorted players:

tgp
's vote on me, coupled with the loss of their dunn scumread, is p gross and survivalistic imo. their content is not good, and they are reacting to this wagon on them in a way that i think is incongruent with how town!them would

gypyx
... does anyone have experience with him? cuz he's basically prodging and i wanna know if that's ai for him or not

flea is a shining beacon of wholesomeness and towniness

infinity is just obvtown

i think
jessie
's freakout wrt the jester thing is incredibly unlikely to come from scum, even if i disagree with her thought process

isis i still think her push on me is kinda fake

pedit fair enough but that's not something i can easily argue with u abt so i'm just gonna shrug and accept that you're not reading me right
please call me jessie.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2926, Flea The Magician wrote:VOTE: Flea
Lets do it. I'm LHF here because my only defences, including this one, are either WIFOM or AtE. Pooks has jumped straight on it like a rottweiler, Ydrasse has too.

Grab your partners as I play The Last Waltz on the Theremin.
In post 2936, Flea The Magician wrote:That's literally the only defence I have, or WIFOM, both of which are cruddy and I don't want to use either.

There's nothing I can do, except roll with it like I normally do ┌༼▀̿ Ĺ̯▀̿༽┐

This is accepting my fate. Admittedly with some grouchiness that because I had a me moment I've thrown the game apparently.
Jessie if I'm scum and a town player posts stuff like that. I just leave them alone and let them commit suicide because most of the time thats what happens.

I don't know why Flea did what Flea did.

I don't understand why scum would let Flea be a Last2 Scum instead of say Skitter or even Dunnstral.

I don't get it and Flea's AtE affects me because I'm weak and human and so confused.
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3133, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 3115, Infinity 324 wrote:Pooky’s sorting of flea here feels really genuine though and they are digging flea out of a hole if they’re scum and fae is town.
also did it actually feel like pooky was doing this to anyone else? like pooky said pooky was doing this, and infinity then used pooky's exact words more or less, but it did not feel like pooky was doing this to me, at least up until the post in which pooky said, actually
this
is what i'm doing
I don't think the characterization is very natural or intuitive no. I didn't remember Pooky using the shovel metaphor when I read it though, I just saw Infinity say "dig faer out of the whole" and thought "that's a rather grandiose term for talking to faer".
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3131, Infinity 324 wrote:
Isis wrote:I'm not sure it's a 180 when the game shrunk by a ton of slots. Like, the game has changed and shrunk significantly, which is going to trigger recency bias. You're looking for people who are finding footing in this phase and a way for getting a foothold into the game state and building something of value. I kind of haven't. I feel pretty stuck on whether the slot that did the instrumental for scum thing is scum and the game needs to be solved that way, or that slot is the obvtown it seems like. I think I'm more hung up than anyone else because I was townreading Flea more than anyone else.

Grr yeah but you do look worse compared to everyone else besides flea imo, like yeah you were on dunn but you were the second vote when he wasn't in real danger. Drunk misplay is not something I'm discounting either. But it's like you're here and putting effort in but not emotionally engaged at all like you were on d1. And there's a million little tiny things now but maybe when I come back I'll say I was stupid but I don't think so.

Ok take a break take a break
Why would being on Dunn be to my credit at all? I townread him day 2 and townread him up until Hectic said he was scum.

The thought that I was emotionally engaged on day 1 but am not now is weird cause my alignement should be the same? Are you thinking out loud about things that you know aren't dispositive, or noticing something different and feeling it
must
be dispositive
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by Isis »

im very drunksleepy but i want to come look at this game

before betime i have lots PAD errands active this week
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Isis »

i opened dunnstral's iso to tyr to find magic associatives but it made me feel bad for not scumreading dunnstral before ig ot very far
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Isis »

jessie earlier in the game you said you don't want plurality elim to decide any elims. I don't play many offsite games but I was alive in an offsite game at the time with plurality lims in effect and the players were saying stuff about how letting the game go to plurality had some hammertesty dynamics and could be kind of information rich. It also had RNG tiebreakers (lol) but it sounded like that wasn't strictly the basis for plurality elims being good.

I feel more able to speak franker about it now that the game ended, could you explain why plurality elims feel bad to you? Skimming your iso and seeing the TGP vote is what made the topic come to mind so that context is what I'd like to hear the most step by step for
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2949, Infinity 324 wrote:
Isis wrote:I would like a neighborhood with Pooky if I could be convinced he deserves to be dancing to begin with. Pairs get neighborhoods right?

I like the way he is sorting Ydrasse
What about it?

Yeah pairs get neighborhoods
"what about it?" was probably about the sorting huh

I read this as "yeah pairs get neighborhoods, what aout it" the firts time
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:48 pm

Post by Isis »

im dozing in chair
i cant i want
tomrrow
i have less errands tomrrow for please
this game is fun
is hould sleep now, i daydreamed for 9 minutes instead of backreading more

i want to backread nexttt Ydrasse
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:53 pm

Isis why didn't you move your vote all of the last day before the deadline?
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:17 am

I've been putting together how the wagons moved around in the last 17 or so hours before deadline and it's not very pretty.

Like I'll be honest, going off this I probably eliminate me because my move from Gyp to Hopkirk is just asininely stupid and scummy af and basically threw away a lock-win for town at (6)Gyp - [Gloria, Ydra, Hop, Pooky, TRQ, Infinity]

If I did not see my own role PM, I would not believe that I am green here. Sucks to suck I know. I hope I don't make Hopkirk rage-quit the site off how badly I misplayed the end of yesterday.

Here are the questions I am thinking about.

(1) What is the scum team's plan at 11am after Infinity votes Gyp? If Infinity is scum here why does he even put Gyp at (E-1)?

It puts the scum-team at a chance of losing immediately if Flea or Isis wake up and hammer Gyp. In essence what I'm saying is - if Infinity is a red, how does he know Flea/Isis won't hammer Gyp?

(2) Why does Gyp bother to vote Jessie with Flea at 12:34pm EST? What's the point of jumping on this vanity wagon? Is Gyp trying to get Flea to join his side by joining Flea for a second?

(3) What is the scum-team plan at 1:38 PM EST when Gyp-6/Hop-5 after Tweet votes Hop and begins paranoiaing about how Gyp is the only wagon to gain traction?

Who is Tweet targetting with her paranoia posting? Do they expect a townie to peel off or is this some kind of theater move designed to get a scum on the Gyp wagon to move off in some kind of last minute desperation ploy?

The answer to (3) if you didn't know my role PM would be me, they decided that Pooky couldn't deepwolf anymore and Pooky needs to be extracted to save the game from ending right there and that's like the right answer 99% of the time but this is the 1% where I'm actually town here. So what the heck is going on?

Scenario (1) The entire Gyp-Wagon is town at that point in time (Gloria-Yra-Hop-Pooky-TRQ-Infinity) are town and locked on and the scum have no choice but to try to paranoia one of us off (Isis-Flea scum in this case)

Scenario (2) There are 1 or 2 deepwolfs hidden on the Gyp-Wagon and Tweet is trying to give some theater to pull somebody off and onto the Hop-wagon in order to change the elim.

I've gone over the last day a few times and there are some more questions that I can't really understand.

(4) Why does Isis just keep her vote on Hop the entire time and more or less ghost the thread?

(5) Why does Flea exclusively focus on vanity wagon on Jessie/Pooky and refuse to vote one of the two wagons that could actually end the day? Why does Flea only vote one of Gyp/Hop to Hammer Hop?

(6) Why are the scum willing to allow Gyp to sit at (E-1) from 11AM all the way to 1:50 EST when Flea/Isis could both hammer Gyp for instant game over if they have someone deepwolf'd on the Gyp-wagon?

For (6) I am thinking maybe the deepwolf is offline - maybe the scum decided f it they were going to keep the deepwolf on the wagon no matter what come hell or high water because that was the only way they could expect to win the post-flip phase?
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:33 am

I'm gonna be real here.

I messed up big time.

Not just in how I vote-flipped at the last second in a stupid manner.

But in the days before in which I let myself get talked out of Gyp, and Dunn when I thought they were scummy.

I've been more willing to settle and defer as a playstyle change and I realize now that doesn't suit me at all. By not pursuing things I have really let everyone else down here more than I would've if I had just been stubborn and kept digging.

So I'm asking you to take a leap of faith with me. I know you can't trust me because my actions are not very good but you can sheep me when I'm dead and confirmed town. Let me run this down and figure out what really went down. I can be the first launch today to insure that my conclusions here are coming from somebody who is green. I just want to make it up to Hop for punting so hard yesterday.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:35 am

We essentially have 4 eliminations. We control the yeet today, we can leave the next 2 susp players for the NK/yeet tommorrow. That brings us to F4 where scum shoot and then we have 1 last elimination.

I think we can find 3 pureTown goods. I have faith in us.
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:51 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 3146, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:We essentially have 4 eliminations. We control the yeet today, we can leave the next 2 susp players for the NK/yeet tommorrow. That brings us to F4 where scum shoot and then we have 1 last elimination.

I think we can find 3 pureTown goods. I have faith in us.
Do you no longer think that’s me, Jessie, Infinity?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Dunnstral »

You guys mind if I start roleplaying?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:32 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Sooo legitimate excuses for weird plays:

- I know my role PM, I admit I screwed up. I'm sorry:
- I was drunk!

Illegitimate and condemnable excuses for weird plays:
- Painfog
- Chaos
- Generally being an unpredictable player.
- 4 mins before deadline where the optimal play WAS TO PRETEND TO BE OFFLINE.

Good to know.
XenoSkulk was processed by Crushing Wheels

█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Do you wanna get to know me? Like are you really sure about that? GTKAS!
Songs I have used in catchups
Anything signed is from alters.