donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by donkihott »

In post 193, catboi wrote:VOTE: donkihott

I had issues/lingering suspicion of paopao already but what a gross entry. What about her AtE is "cringe" and why is it vote-worthy?
Your issues with paopao don't concern me, I cannot answer for whatever paopao thought or said. I am wondering why are so WKing so hard. :]
In post 194, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: donkihott
Hi to you too :D

In post 196, Ninetales wrote:
In post 190, donkihott wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to blow your reads but you gotta restart your thinking about pao pao. Don't transfer your grudges (if u had one) over me haha. It might hurt you but I define as lurker myself soo idk maybe we're too much in this game.
I like not-mafia's playstyle so far ahah I wish he is town and survives as long as possible to see how he plays.
I'm almost dismissing my thoughts of marci/catboi being the duo scum, I'd expect some distancing from a SE. However.. I still cringe when reading marci's AtE VOTE: marcistar
I have to say this looks really bad.
Why would it be bad? I have hard time believing marci's "I'm so new, I don't know what I'm doing" style. She constantly contradicted herself saying she is new, saying she actually played and is familiar with the game, saying she gets killed because she is lurking, saying she talks too much. Do you think asking if the roles of the players are revealed on their profile summary is a question a newbie (anyone) would ask? I don't think so.

I am confident that the scum in in the set {marci, catboi} (1 of them). Behind catboi's irrational WKing marci I read someone who (if scum) is trying to pocket marci and at the same time clear himself if marci flips town for some reason.
In post 199, LoneMarkhor wrote:Whats an AtE though?
Appeal to Emotion - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 193, catboi wrote:I had issues/lingering suspicion of paopao already but what a gross entry. What about her AtE is "cringe" and why is it vote-worthy?
Really? What about marci's AtE isn't cringe? A little is fine, but damn...
In post 194, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: donkihott

Seriously make a post with more than just a few words or a vote.
Not_Mafia needs to start taking posting seriously. I don't want to get through D1 completely unable to read him.

My main scumreads right now are catboi/marci. I've looked at ninetails again, but I really don't think she is scum. The post trying to prod us to do stuff and ask her questions really made me think she was town. catboi was a town read before, but now, after looking stuff over again I've noticed a few things about his posting. Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint. Marci because of the AtE, which after a certain point stops seeming town and also the high amount of fluff in the posting. I feel better about Scum!catboi.

VOTE: catboi
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:47 am

Post by LoneMarkhor »

Ah! :mad:
Its either {marci, catboi} or {ninetails, donki}. That is not including not_mafia. Donkihott supporting ninetails seems suspicious but catboi recently has been more suspicious with his hollow posts. That looks like he is just waiting for night to come not scumhunting.Plus marcistar's posts also sometimes look like that filled with only emotions an emojis. Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:47 am

Post by LoneMarkhor »

LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:53 am

Post by LoneMarkhor »

That is not taking into considering chumbo pickles muh316. Muh316 will also be replaced though. That or he is a lurker. All three of these have not seemed (in some cases : 'that') suspicious.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:53 am

Post by donkihott »

In post 202, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ah! :mad:
Its either {marci, catboi} or {ninetails, donki}. That is not including not_mafia. Donkihott supporting ninetails seems suspicious but catboi recently has been more suspicious with his hollow posts. That looks like he is just waiting for night to come not scumhunting.Plus marcistar's posts also sometimes look like that filled with only emotions an emojis. Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
How am I supporting ninetails?
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:01 am

Post by donkihott »

Also why would you say its between 4 people IF not taking the other 4 in consideration :D So you are not taking into consideration 4 people and accusing everyone left?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 203, LoneMarkhor wrote:VOTE: catboi
Terrible vote
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:16 am

Post by catboi »

In post 200, donkihott wrote:Your issues with paopao don't concern me, I cannot answer for whatever paopao thought or said. I am wondering why are so WKing so hard.
Am I scum hard-defending my partner on Day 1, or am I white knighting? Why did you dodge answering my question?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:17 am

Post by catboi »

What about my posts are "hollow", exactly? I'm trying to analyze the game.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Really? What about marci's AtE isn't cringe? A little is fine, but damn...
Why are you answering for him when he wouldn't answer himself? What
actual issues
do you have with her emotional appeals and
why is it scummy
? I can tell you town players use appeals to emotion all the time. It's not a scumtell, especially from someone who's know. AtE is a buzzword, you're not making any actual connection to how it makes her scum.
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint.
So tell me: why is disagreeing with the reads of others scummy? Why can't I be town expressing legitimate disagreement? Why, as mafia, does it benefit me to simply disagree with every scumread someone else expresses? This is nonsensical.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:27 am

Post by catboi »

Is paopaoslot/muh too simplistic a solve? possibly, but it seems plausible.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:30 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 171, Ninetales wrote:VOTE: Marcistar

My scum read on Marcistar is the strongest. Here are my reasons:

1) They have a lot of useless and contentless posts also excess amount of emojis(not sure if this actually means anything but I thought I'd mention it). I couldn't post this post because it went over the maximum number of emojis. I had to delete half of them and half of them were these : :cry: . This ties in to point 4) a little bit.
2) They have a lot of confusion that feels over. They seem so confused that I feel the confusion is fake. (I didn't include the confusion at the beginning about votes and titles but I also felt those were a little over but they seemed not terrible since Marcistar is new)
3) slight pocketing. they do this to nearly everyone.
4) They keep saying "just vote me"
I think of this as a form of guilt tripping.
5) They have no clear stances. mostly just "think person could be scum"

Inside the spoiler is the case. Outside of the spoiler was a summary.
This is the post you want me to respond to ninetales? :giggle:

1) i don't think my posts are contentless? :roll: i try my best :cry: :cry: but if you think so thats okay. I don't mind dying if it clears up everybodies confusion :oops:
:cry: :cry: i just love emojis tho im sorry if its annoying, but i love using them :P

2. what about it all seems like confusion? my main confusion is how forums actually work :roll:

3. where do i pocket anybody? :lol:

4. i
do
keep saying vote me. but why shouldn't i say that? i make town confused I think, and if it helps for this confusion to be gone for better scumhunting i dont mind dying. :cool:

5. how dont i have clear stances? :roll: i have my reads from before (when it was like one vote until i die i think??) which I still think are true.

you quote my 35, but it was really more of a "this seems weird from pickles from how
i
understand it, am i understanding wrong?" because well, i didnt know if that was a serious sus :oops:

you quote 48 & 49, how do you not expect anyone to be confused about your cryptic shit in a mafia newbie game :roll: the only conclusions i could think of, did not make any sense to me so i asked??

you quote my 63 and say im pocketing.. who am i pocketing? you?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i trust you'll do the townie thing
was in italics for a reason :roll: its not serious at all, its in italics because its a joke :roll: :roll: :roll:

4) They keep saying "just vote me"
I think of this as a form of guilt tripping.

it could be seen as that, but the way i see it is if im really so confusing it would be better for town if they get rid of the confusion sooner rather then later.

More of 4)
this one also includes shade.

yeah i was shading in that one. from where ive played scum often like easy bandwagons and dont challenge easy bandwagons that much :roll:

5) no clear stances. mostly just "think person could be scum"

am i wrong to have stances that arent clear? only scum know 100% whos town :oops: so im a bit cautious since i dont wanna vote town :cry:

Wanted to note that there wasn't a follow up on this and they did not even provide a naked reads list.

because i dont know who wants to make it spicy with me :cry: :cry:

If you want tho I can mention something else that I feel like was weird...
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 210, catboi wrote:
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Really? What about marci's AtE isn't cringe? A little is fine, but damn...
Why are you answering for him when he wouldn't answer himself? What
actual issues
do you have with her emotional appeals and
why is it scummy
? I can tell you town players use appeals to emotion all the time. It's not a scumtell, especially from someone who's know. AtE is a buzzword, you're not making any actual connection to how it makes her scum.
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint.
So tell me: why is disagreeing with the reads of others scummy? Why can't I be town expressing legitimate disagreement? Why, as mafia, does it benefit me to simply disagree with every scumread someone else expresses? This is nonsensical.
I have issues with how much it's happening. Overall I don't think it's AI most of the time, but when every time she has someone scumread her, she does AtE instead of explaining/answering what the scumread is about, I get suspicious. Everything is a buzzword to you.

As for you, disagreeing with reads is fine but that's all you've been doing. I see it as potentially manipulating town into doubt. I see it benefiting you as a way to post that doesn't require much work, but could potentially make you look townie to people. I don't see much trying to figure out who's town. Also, I feel that your votes are lazy. You voted Ninetails because of her reasoning for thinking marci was scum, which I don't see how you saw as scum-aligned and wasn't a bad post IMO. You also voted donki saying you were suspicious of Paopao, but you never actually stated any suspicions on the slot before then.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:42 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 200, donkihott wrote:Why would it be bad? I have hard time believing marci's "I'm so new, I don't know what I'm doing" style. She constantly contradicted herself saying she is new, saying she actually played and is familiar with the game, saying she gets killed because she is lurking, saying she talks too much. Do you think asking if the roles of the players are revealed on their profile summary is a question a newbie (anyone) would ask? I don't think so.

I am confident that the scum in in the set {marci, catboi} (1 of them). Behind catboi's irrational WKing marci I read someone who (if scum) is trying to pocket marci and at the same time clear himself if marci flips town for some reason.
In post 199, LoneMarkhor wrote:Whats an AtE though?
Appeal to Emotion - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations
So you read up, what other opinions do you have on the game? :roll:

She constantly contradicted herself saying she is new, saying she actually played and is familiar with the game,

where did i say im 100% new? im new to the forum aspect of this :roll:

saying she gets killed because she is lurking, saying she talks too much.

did you not read the part where i said that i was lynched for "lurking" on a 12hr day 12hr night game where the day phase was while i sleep? :roll:
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:My main scumreads right now are catboi/marci. I've looked at ninetails again, but I really don't think she is scum. The post trying to prod us to do stuff and ask her questions really made me think she was town. catboi was a town read before, but now, after looking stuff over again I've noticed a few things about his posting. Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint. Marci because of the AtE, which after a certain point stops seeming town and also the high amount of fluff in the posting. I feel better about Scum!catboi.

how is ninetales focusing on tunneling me all game not scummy tho? :roll: :roll: shes never got off me... always waiting to strike..... :oops:
the vibes this person gives from this post :oops: :oops: :oops: does not give me vibes of their other post... the Ah! :mad: makes it feel weird to me but maybe they're gonna love emojis like i do :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
In post 211, catboi wrote:Is paopaoslot/muh too simplistic a solve? possibly, but it seems plausible.
I dont think we should go for paopao slot thingy :oops: i think we should get somebody better because they just subbed in.. and when pao was here there wasnt anything super scummy in him i think :P
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 212, marcistar wrote:If you want tho I can mention something else that I feel like was weird...
I'd like it.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:46 am

Post by marcistar »

do you know how to do that thingy where its the number of the post and you click on it to go to the post?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Code: Select all

[post]69[/post]
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 214, marcistar wrote:how is ninetales focusing on tunneling me all game not scummy tho? shes never got off me... always waiting to strike.....
I don't think tunnelling is necessarily scum exclusive, it could be, but she has made reads about other players and explained her vote on you well.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Chumbo »

Not_Mafia, got any reads?
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:00 am

Post by marcistar »

idk guys... this just feels weird but

&
i didn't know what to think of these at first, i liked them yeah.. but the more I think about it, the more that I feel like (i hope this isnt offensive, but idk how to explain it other then this) that the reads aren't 100% original.
like they give me thoughts that.. like really similar to somebody elses reads but i cant tell who.. :oops: :oops:

OOO DOES IT DO THE CLICKY THINGY THANK YOU NOTMAFIA <<<<<3

thats the vibes i get, but idk if its stupid or whatever but... i wanna mention it :oops:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 219, Chumbo wrote:Not_Mafia, got any reads?
Yes
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 221, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 219, Chumbo wrote:Not_Mafia, got any reads?
Yes
Cool, could you please share?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:09 am

Post by catboi »

In post 213, Chumbo wrote:As for you, disagreeing with reads is fine but that's all you've been doing. I see it as potentially manipulating town into doubt. I see it benefiting you as a way to post that doesn't require much work, but could potentially make you look townie to people. I don't see much trying to figure out who's town. Also, I feel that your votes are lazy. You voted Ninetails because of her reasoning for thinking marci was scum, which I don't see how you saw as scum-aligned and wasn't a bad post IMO. You also voted donki saying you were suspicious of Paopao, but you never actually stated any suspicions on the slot before then.
If you think I haven't been trying to figure out who's town, you simply haven't been reading my posts. I think marcistar is town. I've put out more tentative townreads on pickles, lonemarkhor, and even you, after expressing doubt. These reads aren't terribly strong, but they're there.

Is only disagreeing with people supposed to make me look town? Clearly it's no working, Lol.

What's "lazy" about the ninetales vote? I'm not exactly following a popular wagon and
clearly
my disagreement with their scumread is not exactly a popular one. I felt they were continuing to push on something that is most likely a new player getting frustrated in the way a townie would, and the continued tunneling was into dishonest territory. It wasn't a strong feeling, though, I think donki's entry and vote is scummier.

Further, even if my votes have been a bit weak so far, why is that scummy? There simply hasn't been a lot of content that was strongly telling one way or another, and it is day 1, after all. I'm more than capable of formulating a strong argument as scum (although it's been some time since I last played as mafia in a forum game). Is not having strogn reads supposed to be scummy? You yourself admitted you're feeling unsure so far, which is why I unvoted you.

If I don't state a suspicion explicitly, does that mean it doesn't exist? If you look at my and , I expressed my skepticism of what paopao was doing, if you look at it. I said while I could maybe understand his ninetales read, he was setting up a scenario where regardless of what marcistar flipped, he was prepared to call me scum. He tried changing that it later posts, but it still left a very bad impression on me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:12 am

Post by catboi »

In post 220, marcistar wrote:i didn't know what to think of these at first, i liked them yeah.. but the more I think about it, the more that I feel like (i hope this isnt offensive, but idk how to explain it other then this) that the reads aren't 100% original.
like they give me thoughts that.. like really similar to somebody elses reads but i cant tell who..
How's it similar to someone if you can't tell who? If you feel like he's just mirroring reads you should be able to point out where you think he's taking someone else's. I don't see them as all that similar to anyone else's, in some places he agrees with me and in others I don't see it, it doesn't quite line up anywhere.