Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 222, Chumbo wrote:
In post 221, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 219, Chumbo wrote:Not_Mafia, got any reads?
Yes
Cool, could you please share?
No
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:25 am

Post by donkihott »

In post 208, catboi wrote:
In post 200, donkihott wrote:Your issues with paopao don't concern me, I cannot answer for whatever paopao thought or said. I am wondering why are so WKing so hard.
Am I scum hard-defending my partner on Day 1, or am I white knighting? Why did you dodge answering my question?
I'll use a sentece of your style. If you think I didn't answer your question, you simply haven't read my posts :)
In post 211, catboi wrote:Is paopaoslot/muh too simplistic a solve? possibly, but it seems plausible.
It is not a solve if it is wrong ;)
In post 214, marcistar wrote:
In post 200, donkihott wrote:Why would it be bad? I have hard time believing marci's "I'm so new, I don't know what I'm doing" style. She constantly contradicted herself saying she is new, saying she actually played and is familiar with the game, saying she gets killed because she is lurking, saying she talks too much. Do you think asking if the roles of the players are revealed on their profile summary is a question a newbie (anyone) would ask? I don't think so.

I am confident that the scum in in the set {marci, catboi} (1 of them). Behind catboi's irrational WKing marci I read someone who (if scum) is trying to pocket marci and at the same time clear himself if marci flips town for some reason.
In post 199, LoneMarkhor wrote:Whats an AtE though?
Appeal to Emotion - https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations
So you read up, what other opinions do you have on the game? :roll:

She constantly contradicted herself saying she is new, saying she actually played and is familiar with the game,

where did i say im 100% new? im new to the forum aspect of this :roll:

saying she gets killed because she is lurking, saying she talks too much.

did you not read the part where i said that i was lynched for "lurking" on a 12hr day 12hr night game where the day phase was while i sleep? :roll:
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:My main scumreads right now are catboi/marci. I've looked at ninetails again, but I really don't think she is scum. The post trying to prod us to do stuff and ask her questions really made me think she was town. catboi was a town read before, but now, after looking stuff over again I've noticed a few things about his posting. Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint. Marci because of the AtE, which after a certain point stops seeming town and also the high amount of fluff in the posting. I feel better about Scum!catboi.

VOTE: catboi
how is ninetales focusing on tunneling me all game not scummy tho? :roll: :roll: shes never got off me... always waiting to strike..... :oops:
In post 202, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ah! :mad:
Its either {marci, catboi} or {ninetails, donki}. That is not including not_mafia. Donkihott supporting ninetails seems suspicious but catboi recently has been more suspicious with his hollow posts. That looks like he is just waiting for night to come not scumhunting.Plus marcistar's posts also sometimes look like that filled with only emotions an emojis. Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
I already said my 'other' opinions on the game. Also I also don't see where i call you "100% new".
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:27 am

Post by donkihott »

@catboi , what makes you townread LoneMarkhor?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Chumbo »

Disagreeing is taking action, which could make you look town to people. How people receive anything varies.

With the ninetails vote, you just dismissed the post she made and said it wasn't good reasoning. I feel like her post was decent. It doesn't look like you actually have any reason to think she's scum other than disagreeing with your opinion. Do you think tunnelling is primarily scum-aligned?

I know you think marci is town, but I guess you did do some other townreading, sorry about that.
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 226, donkihott wrote:I'll use a sentece of your style. If you think I didn't answer your question, you simply haven't read my posts
I was looking for where you responded to me, not some other part of your post tucked away in an answer to someone else. So let's see:
In post 200, donkihott wrote:I have hard time believing marci's "I'm so new, I don't know what I'm doing" style. She constantly contradicted herself saying she is new, saying she actually played and is familiar with the game, saying she gets killed because she is lurking, saying she talks too much. Do you think asking if the roles of the players are revealed on their profile summary is a question a newbie (anyone) would ask? I don't think so.
Nope, this still doesn't address why her "cringe AtE" is supposed to be scummy.
You just instead rehash the argument other people have made about her apparent contradictions with regard to inexperience, which aren't really contradictions at all and have been explained. Do you think asking the question about the titles being related to roles is something
someone would make up
? Because to me it seems far more likely to be legitimate than not. To assume otherwise would be to assume she is somehow a nefarious scum mastermind who is faking inexperience to get townread while being unable to maintain a proper cover story. This is highly implausible.

To me it looks like you're mostly just repeating reasons other people have said for marcistar being scum, none of which are very good, IMO.
In post 228, Chumbo wrote:With the ninetails vote, you just dismissed the post she made and said it wasn't good reasoning. I feel like her post was decent. It doesn't look like you actually have any reason to think she's scum other than disagreeing with your opinion. Do you think tunnelling is primarily scum-aligned?
Truthfully, I was more or less searching for someone to vote at that point in time, moved to ninetales because even though I didn't have strong reasons, it was better than having a vote down nowhere, and I felt the reasoning behind her attack wasn't good. I don't think tunneling is purely a thing scum does, no, but I felt that
maybe
it wasn't credible. I wouldn't put a high confidence ninetales is scum at all, no.

However, if I'm right about marcistar at least one of the people jumping on her for being noobish are mafia.
donkihott wrote:@catboi , what makes you townread LoneMarkhor?
As I said before, I think him mistakenly believing a SE has to be mafia is more likely a genuine mistake than something he'd make up. It's not a strong read, necessarily, but I'm willing to go with it for now.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 198, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ninetails : All my posts are a mess. My logic behind the post was that Catboi,Marci was less likely but I meant it was possible.
I dislike this but I have stronger reasons to scum read other players so I will leave this be for now.
In post 202, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ah! :mad:
Its either {marci, catboi} or {ninetails, donki}. That is not including not_mafia. Donkihott supporting ninetails seems suspicious but catboi recently has been more suspicious with his hollow posts. That looks like he is just waiting for night to come not scumhunting.Plus marcistar's posts also sometimes look like that filled with only emotions an emojis. Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
You really do like going wherever consensus goes. So much that I think you are just town that doesn't know at all what you're doing.
In post 212, marcistar wrote:
*delete*

If you want tho I can mention something else that I feel like was weird...
Im not going to reply to any of this but I want to say it looks so terrible that she is suddenly going even more crazy with the emojis. She's trying really hard to make it seem like she doesn't care if there are many emojis and that it is normal. Guilty conscience.

Also what in the world is that red text supposed to mean? Is that a threat?
In post 213, Chumbo wrote:
In post 210, catboi wrote:
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Really? What about marci's AtE isn't cringe? A little is fine, but damn...
Why are you answering for him when he wouldn't answer himself? What
actual issues
do you have with her emotional appeals and
why is it scummy
? I can tell you town players use appeals to emotion all the time. It's not a scumtell, especially from someone who's know. AtE is a buzzword, you're not making any actual connection to how it makes her scum.
In post 201, Chumbo wrote:Most of the posting he does is either answering questions about how the game is played or dismantling other players reads. I think it is coming from a scum viewpoint.
So tell me: why is disagreeing with the reads of others scummy? Why can't I be town expressing legitimate disagreement? Why, as mafia, does it benefit me to simply disagree with every scumread someone else expresses? This is nonsensical.
I have issues with how much it's happening. Overall I don't think it's AI most of the time, but when every time she has someone scumread her, she does AtE instead of explaining/answering what the scumread is about, I get suspicious. Everything is a buzzword to you.

As for you, disagreeing with reads is fine but that's all you've been doing. I see it as potentially manipulating town into doubt. I see it benefiting you as a way to post that doesn't require much work, but could potentially make you look townie to people. I don't see much trying to figure out who's town. Also, I feel that your votes are lazy. You voted Ninetails because of her reasoning for thinking marci was scum, which I don't see how you saw as scum-aligned and wasn't a bad post IMO. You also voted donki saying you were suspicious of Paopao, but you never actually stated any suspicions on the slot before then.
I really like your perspective on the game and am willing to TR you for these similar views to my own.
In post 220, marcistar wrote:
idk guys... this just feels weird but

&
i didn't know what to think of these at first, i liked them yeah.. but the more I think about it, the more that I feel like (i hope this isnt offensive, but idk how to explain it other then this) that the reads aren't 100% original.
like they give me thoughts that.. like really similar to somebody elses reads but i cant tell who.. :oops: :oops:

OOO DOES IT DO THE CLICKY THINGY THANK YOU NOTMAFIA <<<<<3

thats the vibes i get, but idk if its stupid or whatever but... i wanna mention it :oops:
Starting to scum read pickles looks like shifting attention here big time.

I'm pretty confident the scum team is just marcistar/catboi but it is day 1 so I am open to reassessment and things of that sort.
For now, I'm going to actually VOTE: Catboi

The reason is that I think Marcistar is very obvious scum that is inexperienced, posting a lot, and basically scum claiming in every post.
Catboi however has the potential of wriggling out of our grasp and changing parts of his play to get townreads. I believe catboi is a much bigger threat and should be the preferred elimination today.

His approach on me has been extremely bad. Everything I say, he manages to shade and discredit by calling it bad and voting me. Even if he doesn't go point by point and refute it, he is making my opinions less important by publicly voicing a scum read right after I present reads.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Ninetales »

I think the entire scum team is just 2 out of Catboi, Marcistar, Lonemarkhor, and donkihott.
If any of my original scum team is wrong, I would maybe say perhaps Marcistar is just that performative even as town. But I think catboi is not new and has no excuse to play this poorly.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.6
[3] catboi (Chumbo, LoneMarkhor, Ninetales)
[2] donkihott (catboi, Not_Mafia)
[2] LoneMarkhor (marcistar, Pickles)
[1] marcistar (donkihott)
[1] Not_Mafia (muh316)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-06 10:30:00)
beefycheese
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

I am swayed by the arguments that catboi and marcistar are the scum team. I was suspicious of them but thought they were town masons. That was probably very foolish though. Because I ignored that they could also be scum team watching each other's back
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

And sorry to my very bad English wherever you see it. :cry:
The only thing 'suspicious' to me is: Is it normal for scum team to be caught day 1? :?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 233, LoneMarkhor wrote:I am swayed by the arguments that catboi and marcistar are the scum team. I was suspicious of them but thought they were town masons. That was probably very foolish though. Because I ignored that they could also be scum team watching each other's back
I would have townread this if you didn't do something similar in the last game too. Claiming was an accident last time but I'm skeptical if it was again. What is it with you and masons?
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

No they aren't masons they are scum or so my scumhunting sense says. :cop: .Last game I didn't know I was doing something anti town. I was wrong with the roles last time and this time too. I have learnt my lesson now that never make conclusions about roles. Actually it wasn't TMI it was this foolish conclusion which made my think they were town. :mrgreen:
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 171, Ninetales wrote:VOTE: Marcistar

My scum read on Marcistar is the strongest. Here are my reasons:

1) They have a lot of useless and contentless posts also excess amount of emojis(not sure if this actually means anything but I thought I'd mention it). I couldn't post this post because it went over the maximum number of emojis. I had to delete half of them and half of them were these : . This ties in to point 4) a little bit.
2) They have a lot of confusion that feels over. They seem so confused that I feel the confusion is fake. (I didn't include the confusion at the beginning about votes and titles but I also felt those were a little over but they seemed not terrible since Marcistar is new)
3) slight pocketing. they do this to nearly everyone.
4) They keep saying "just vote me"
I think of this as a form of guilt tripping.
5) They have no clear stances. mostly just "think person could be scum"
I don't think 1 is alignment indicative and seems more like a personality trait to me. It's hard to confirm since she has no Meta in this game. But the rest of the points are valid.
In post 173, catboi wrote:How is any of that stuff supposed to be scummy?

VOTE: Ninetales
This doesn't make sense to me. Seems like whiteknighting or pocketing. I understand OMGUS if you're voted, but an OMGUS vote because somebody voted a player you feel is towny just doesn't feel right to me.

In post 179, LoneMarkhor wrote:If she's the scum then her partner would be catboi as the reason why I think he's town is that if he was scum he would have have rather hammered her to seem town but instead defended her.
This is WIFOM so your town reasoning for catboi doesn't really make sense here. Also, a quick hammer on D1 regardless of who it is is always considered suspicious.

In post 193, catboi wrote:VOTE: donkihott

I had issues/lingering suspicion of paopao already but what a gross entry. What about her AtE is "cringe" and why is it vote-worthy?
And another whiteknight/pocket vote. I'm quoting these as I read the game, and I was genuinely surprised to see catboi do another one of these OMGUS votes in favor of marci.
In post 190, donkihott wrote:I like not-mafia's playstyle so far ahah I wish he is town and survives as long as possible to see how he plays.
I disagree
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 189, catboi wrote:I don't really like muh316's 26, mostly because I don't see how the selfvote on page 1 is supposed to be scummy.
I didn't mean to call the selfvote scummy, I wanted to quote the large rainbow text but felt that everyone would have to see that eyesore again so I left it out.
In post 189, catboi wrote:I don't like muh promising to work on a reads list in 158 and not delivering.
It's New Years, I needed some time off, but now I have a chance to get in some activity.

I know there's a bunch of other things in , but not much for me to respond to there.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 235, Chumbo wrote:I would have townread this if you didn't do something similar in the last game too. Claiming was an accident last time but I'm skeptical if it was again. What is it with you and masons?
Could you elaborate what you mean by this?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by muh316 »

Reads, they aren't in a particular order

Towny: Chumbo, Pickles
Nuetral: Not_Mafia, Ninetales, donkihott
Scum Lean: Catboi, Marci, LoneMarkhor

Marci for obvious reasons.
Catboi for even more obvious reasons.
LoneMarkhor for the confusion in reads and WIFOM. Seems like an attempt to confuse the town with the back and forth switching and I sense some urgency here to get an elimination.
In post 202, LoneMarkhor wrote:Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
VOTE: LoneMarkhor
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 239, muh316 wrote:
In post 235, Chumbo wrote:I would have townread this if you didn't do something similar in the last game too. Claiming was an accident last time but I'm skeptical if it was again. What is it with you and masons?
Last game me and Lone were in, me and Lone had this interaction:

Lone:I am really curious what BM is gonna post.I dont think its going to be what I think it will be.
Me: What do you think it will be?
Lone:They are town masons?
Me:Wow, that's not what I expected you to say at all. I guess we'll see.

This caused Lone to get townread by basically everyone for pretty much claiming VT. It's very similar to the post I'm referring to in this game. I'm thinking it's a possibility that he's trying the same thing here to get town-cred as scum.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

In post 241, Chumbo wrote:
In post 239, muh316 wrote:
Last game me and Lone were in, me and Lone had this interaction:

Lone:I am really curious what BM is gonna post.I dont think its going to be what I think it will be.
Me: What do you think it will be?
Lone:They are town masons?
Me:Wow, that's not what I expected you to say at all. I guess we'll see.

This caused Lone to get townread by basically everyone for pretty much claiming VT. It's very similar to the post I'm referring to in this game. I'm thinking it's a possibility that he's trying the same thing here to get town-cred as scum.
First of all I don't think I got town read for that. People were scumreading me for that reason. Secondly I didn't say that for getting reads. I was just saying that this was the thing which some people were saying that I knew too much causing them to be town read by me.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

In post 240, muh316 wrote:Reads, they aren't in a particular order

Towny: Chumbo, Pickles
Nuetral: Not_Mafia, Ninetales, donkihott
Scum Lean: Catboi, Marci, LoneMarkhor

Marci for obvious reasons.
Catboi for even more obvious reasons.
LoneMarkhor for the confusion in reads and WIFOM. Seems like an attempt to confuse the town with the back and forth switching and I sense some urgency here to get an elimination.
In post 202, LoneMarkhor wrote:Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
VOTE: LoneMarkhor
We're happy to have you back . :dead: .I am just as confused as everybody. I don't know what WIFOM is?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 242, LoneMarkhor wrote:First of all I don't think I got town read for that. People were scumreading me for that reason. Secondly I didn't say that for getting reads. I was just saying that this was the thing which some people were saying that I knew too much causing them to be town read by me.
I really don't think anyone was scumreading you for that. You were one of the most universal townreads in that game.
In post 243, LoneMarkhor wrote:I don't know what WIFOM is?
Wine in front of me: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Also, congrats on 100 posts! You're a goon now.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:19 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

:twisted: I am a goon :cool:
I know I was a townread but masons thing made me scummy.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:27 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

Oops I accidentally scumclaimed please don't 'ang me :cry:
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:33 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 246, LoneMarkhor wrote::twisted: I am a goon :cool:
I don't really know what to make of this...
scumslip?
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Ninetales »

In post 248, muh316 wrote:
In post 246, LoneMarkhor wrote::twisted: I am a goon :cool:
I don't really know what to make of this...
scumslip?
I doubt its a scumslip. I think Lonemarkhor's just town here. His actions are way to scummy for him to have a buddy in the pt.