marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by marcistar »

if you think that way that you dont wanna make an opinion because it can be either one, how will your reads ever progress? :oops:
sometimes you gotta choose, does it feel like scum trying to pull it off or town trying to pull it off..

arent you an se? you dont know which ones more likely? :oops: :oops: :oops:

you just want to continue bandwagoning with the rest of the players without explaining :oops: :oops: :oops:

sure he couldve been scummy before, but u dont want to draw conclusions on him after his claim and just keep to your old one? :oops: :oops: are you scared you cant explain in any way how his claim is scum intentioned so you're ignoring it???!

i feel like an se should be able to explain what they think better... :oops: :oops: :oops: but you're afraid that you wont be able to explain in either way how its scum/town vibed claim. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just because my reads align with others doesn't mean I'm coasting. I was away during New Years and that's when the two big wagons of the game developed. What "better reads" did you hope for? What better reads have the other two SE in this game made so far?

nice you bring up your new years excuse again :oops: i know scum often hold on to their excuses longer then they have to..

you're coasting because despite all that, you only explain in whats popular?

not_mafia is obviously fairly inactive and jesterish which people can draw their own conclusions from :roll:
catboi has actually been engaging in conversation

but you comment on the basic stuff, explain nothing else and then you're like "alright time to head out"
im so sad you didnt explain in your townie or neutral reads yet.. :cry:
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by marcistar »

you arent doing anything people can draw conclusions from, you're just doing whats popular.

catbois conversation skills can help people make conclusions on him
notmafias general playstyle is something people can draw conclusions on also..

but people will just be like "mmhmm person who has same opinion as me must be town!"

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: does this explain why i think you're coasting..

if you explained ur reads earlier i wouldve thought u werent coasting :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

I want to clear this if catboi doesn't flip scum marci and not_mafia will be cleared and if catboi is not eliminated we will live under the fear that scum are fooling us.I am kind of split between catboi and donkihott.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by marcistar »

we will live under the fear that scum are fooling us.

this can be said in literally any situation..

so you dont think his claim was truthful? :roll:
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

VOTE: donki
Due to the reaction between catboi and donki, I feel more like donki is scum while catboi is genuinely frustrated as town.If catboi was scum he'd rather have eliminated me with not_mafia's offer to save his skin.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 396, muh316 wrote:
In post 393, marcistar wrote:what did you think of the claim
In my opinion, the claim was completely unnecessary. It's WIFOM to me since it could be scumCatboi trying a desperate appeal to emotion before getting eliminated or townCatboi genuinely frustrated. That's why I'm not taking it to be alignment indicative.
I wouldn't try to pull the WIFOM play as scum in a newbie game. Too high a chance of backfiring. But I mostly expected skepticism.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 390, marcistar wrote:how would this give any surefire info on any of us if there hasnt been any night phases yet? also uhh where did lone claim? i dont remember it
Night comes once we get a flip. We have no information now, we will have information after someone gets flipped. We've seen people defend catboi and catboi defend others. This is the information we would gain from this. I don't think we'd get as much from Lone.

Lone claimed by saying he "thought" catboi and marci were masons.
In post 390, marcistar wrote:Being VT makes it easy as well.
the way you say this, it seems like you think vt being lynched doesnt matter. doesn't every life matter?
In post 390, marcistar wrote:it makes it easier for me to vote you out since you're either VT or Scum.
i dont like this muh, dont vt lives matter too? we cant just eliminate every vt we come across because then mafia would have an upper hand. This makes it seem like you wouldn't mind doing that..?
If it was an unopposed PR claim, it would make him much more likely to be town. Claiming VT could make it go either way. We should lynch someone.
He isn't confirmed as a VT, he could be scum too.
Also, we're not just voting out VTs because they're not useful, were voting them out because we think they are scum. I really don't believe that you don't get this concept.
In post 405, catboi wrote:I wouldn't try to pull the WIFOM play as scum in a newbie game. Too high a chance of backfiring. But I mostly expected skepticism.
This is why I think you're so scummy. You always talk like this. "I wouldn't do that as scum" "Nobody ever does that as scum" "I only see that from town" etc.
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by catboi »

Why is that scummy? It's what I believe. Would speaking with less certainty and hedging all my reads be more town to you? Should I say "I would be less likely to do this as scum, so watch out, everyone"? At the very worst a statement like that is null, because if I WERE scum...I would probably try to argue that I wouldn't play that way. But I do genuinely believe it's tactically suboptimal to claim VT as scum when getting run up in a newbie game.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by catboi »

Is speaking with certainty about specific things a scumtell to you?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Chumbo »

No, speaking with certainty isn't a problem, it's you telling us how you play.
It feels manipulative to say "I'm not scum because I wouldn't do that as scum."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by catboi »

Explaining myself and my decisionmaking is scummy? Saying I wouldn't do something is manipulative? By your logic, anything anyone says to try to convince others scummy because it's trying to manipulate them into thinking something. Am I not allowed to defend myself? It feels like you're overreaching to try to justify a scumread on me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by catboi »

Chumbologic: when other people explain themselvse, they are town for giving reasons. When I explain myself, I'm scum for being manipulative.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by Chumbo »

You're twisting my words around now. I'm not saying people can't explain their actions, but when you justify whatever you do with a broad, impossible to prove meta (sitewide) it seems manipulative. Scum can do anything to try to get people to think they're town, it's not limited and if it was we'd always have town winning.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by Chumbo »

In post 404, LoneMarkhor wrote:If catboi was scum he'd rather have eliminated me with not_mafia's offer to save his skin.
This is the main thing I'm struggling with right now. It could just be WIFOM because catboi's wagon wasn't moving closer to a lynch anyway, but I'm really not sure now.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:40 pm

Post by donkihott »

In post 404, LoneMarkhor wrote:VOTE: donki
Due to the reaction between catboi and donki, I feel more like donki is scum while catboi is genuinely frustrated as town.If catboi was scum he'd rather have eliminated me with not_mafia's offer to save his skin.
Be careful, I said I scumread you which means that when catboi voted you I could've easily hammer you, so if I wanted you dead you'd be dead. I don't rly care about stating intent if I want to elim someone since its not a rule whatsoever.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:54 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 412, Chumbo wrote:You're twisting my words around now. I'm not saying people can't explain their actions, but when you justify whatever you do with a broad, impossible to prove meta (sitewide) it seems manipulative. Scum can do anything to try to get people to think they're town, it's not limited and if it was we'd always have town winning.
That's not meta. I am saying that I believe it is suboptimal to claim VT if run up as mafia on day 1 (when nothing else is outed). I would estimate a day 1 VT claim at E-1 gets eliminated over 80% of the time (that's a guess but I remember seeing a statistic and the number is high). Doing so would leave a high probability that I would be eliminated my partner would be in a very bad situation, facing a potential autoloss if they don't kill a PR in certain setups. It's simply a bad move tactically. New players don't always realize this, but I've played long enough to know.

You are, of course, free to think I am lying and am making a WIFOM play to try to talk myself out of this, taking a risk on a low percentage strategy that has long-term benefits if it works. After all, my way with words has proven very persuasive so far! :giggle: But when you try to argue such talk from me is somehow
manipulative
, that's just you trying to twist things against me. You seem to be straining to attack this for some reason. Perhaps what you see as an "unverifiable meta" defense has upset you?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Chumbo »

What do you think about what donki just said?
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

In post 414, donkihott wrote:
Be careful, I said I scumread you which means that when catboi voted you I could've easily hammer you, so if I wanted you dead you'd be dead. I don't rly care about stating intent if I want to elim someone since its not a rule whatsoever.
You didn't hammer me because you wanted to save yourself day 2 by eliminating me. Yeah you're right if you wanted me dead I'd be dead after all you'll just NK me (but I'm too scummy to have that honor :( ). Honestly are you threatening me?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Post by Chumbo »

I don't feel as confident about catboi with him not being willing to vote Lone to save himself. Donki seems town to me though. While Lone is only a soft scumread, I think he may be the best option since I'm not confident about catboi anymore.

VOTE: LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:43 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

Why do you think I am scum?
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:46 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

I don't know why I am being eliminated! Will everyone tell me their reasons?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Chumbo »

For me, I'm voting you because of how many times you changed your votes and doing the masons thing again. The main reason is that I'm not confident about catboi anymore and there's only 29 hours left to eliminate someone, his wagon wasn't going anywhere.
I would prefer to vote someone I think is scummier, but there's no time and no one I have that strong of a read about.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:11 am

Post by donkihott »

In post 105, LoneMarkhor wrote:
I think Not Mafia is the most likely to be mafia.
He has been acting insane since the beginning. Its like'Let the town fight among themselves.'
Marcistar: You are voting me but you are ignoring Not_Mafia.What should I think of that?
Most likely partners are paopao or marcistar
but I am not sure about that yet.
In post 106, LoneMarkhor wrote:
Marcistar has been acting scummy
but I think she might just be newb town.
In post 117, LoneMarkhor wrote:
I feel we should sort out not_mafia first
if that's his play style or something.Idk if he'll get any serious. I think scum use D1
for townies to get eliminated as in the end only they get suspected because the scum are just trying to not get suspected.
In post 145, LoneMarkhor wrote:If everybody thinks that we could sort out not_mafia later then I will rather not waste my time.
Second person on my scumlist is chumbo
because I think they are playing too cautiously trying to stay away from the heat.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: chumbo
In post 159, LoneMarkhor wrote:My POE is like this
{not_mafia, ninetails, pao, chumbo }
.Pao because his posts look like they come from confused newbie scum who thinks that hiding is better.Ninetails because she posted a lot but not now.Also her posts make accusations which I think are weird not true.Chumbo because I am not convinced that he is town.Not_mafia because I think there's a decent chance we could get scum by eliminating him because he might not have even bothered with his role PM :lol: .
In post 181, LoneMarkhor wrote:
Catboi could be scum if marcistar was also scum
.But right now
I think its ninetails and pao
VOTE: ninetails
I thought pickles was likely town because of his reaction when nine tails scumreaded his readlist but I'll have to read again on pickles.
In post 202, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ah! :mad:
Its either {marci, catboi} or {ninetails, donki}. That is not including not_mafia.
Donkihott supporting ninetails seems suspicious but catboi recently has been more suspicious with his hollow posts. That looks like he is just waiting for night to come not scumhunting.Plus marcistar's posts also sometimes look like that filled with only emotions an emojis. Night is almost to come so we must choose a person to eliminate which means scum get a free kill.
Due to the reaction between catboi and donki, I feel more like donki is scum
while catboi is genuinely frustrated as town.If catboi was scum he'd rather have eliminated me with not_mafia's offer to save his skin.
Pretty erratic votes, but you didn't vote for Muh or Pickles, pickles scumread you and so did muh but muh's looked like a distancing rather than a real read. Muh was pushing for catboi and yet remained on your wagon which makes me think he wanted someone else to hammer catboi and being on your wagon would clear him (if catboi is town), ppl would've voted me on D2 and you on D3 and muh will win solo

I was going to wait for marci or not_mafia to vote for you so I can hammer because I didn't want muh to take his vote back or smth (if my theory is at all valid) but you removed your vote from catboi which makes not_mafia more likely to vote me than you (idk if it is still like that). Chumbo's vote comes in handy atm and I hope he is playing big brain on my turn on you. You claimed VT already which makes it unnecessary to wait for a claim. The way I see it now is between me and you.
In post 417, LoneMarkhor wrote:
You didn't hammer me because you wanted to save yourself day 2 by eliminating me. Yeah you're right if you wanted me dead I'd be dead after all you'll just NK me (but I'm too scummy to have that honor :( ). Honestly are you threatening me?
If you flip town.. well... ouch mate is all I can say.
In post 420, LoneMarkhor wrote:I don't know why I am being eliminated! Will everyone tell me their reasons?
Hearing your moans doesnt't touch me :D
VOTE: LoneMarkhor
Let the night begin
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 409, Chumbo wrote:No, speaking with certainty isn't a problem, it's you telling us how you play.
It feels manipulative to say "I'm not scum because I wouldn't do that as scum."
People do this all the time
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Lol look at this shit

As soon as the winds change. Donkey Kong turns on a dime
Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.