NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Who is the resident senile senior citizen?
Why are you predisposed to not liking me? What does that mean?
What is space Hydra?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I honestly think all claims so far are just jokes or BS.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Momrangal »

I just think I have a thing against your playstyle, something I'll need to keep in mind while reading you

DBG

Infinity zero (gamma+infinity) who..... isn't here..

Gammas on his own
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Hayker. PlusJOYED. Cheeky.

I want to eliminate one of these slots as things stand.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Momrangal is prob town too.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:55 am

Post by quiet »

In post 721, Momrangal wrote:Speaking of Quiet, it's taking alot to not latch onto quiet. It's really disturbing how he's so focused on the fact that he's new and fresh and green player. I feel like alot of his post amounts to IIOA
and doesn't really have much of a point but at the same time he's trying
really hard[/I[ to engage and interact with the people around him
Perfect timing!

Hi, I’m quiet. Unfortunately, I think you’ve nailed me both as a human and def as a mafia player. Very excited, very high effort, no clue how to direct it usefully, no clue how to summarize down to analysis vs just spewing information. If anything, what I do is worse, because I ask a bunch of meta questions (so do scum actually do the low post count thing, or is that overstated?)

Not not-Mafia has told me to find a point. Now you have too. It’s good advice. It’s also challenging. This post is very much not in keeping with that goal of finding a point, but it seems relevant anyhow?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 728, Luca Blight wrote:Hayker. PlusJOYED. Cheeky.

I want to eliminate one of these slots as things stand.
I wouldn't be against an lim on either of these.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Slots that i wish were more vocal -> Andresvmb, Nero Cain
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:59 am

Post by quiet »

I’m on board with all of these, especially hawker.

These are also (I believe) the first, second, and third most lurkey slots. Do you have any reads that aren’t on lurkers? Or was that the basis of your reads?
Norfolk Boy1
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Norfolk Boy1 »

In post 710, Bypasser Catcher wrote:
In post 704, Norfolk Boy1 wrote:Sorry bro, i'm firmly in the 'meta is bollocks' camp.

If you're hanging your hat on it, my experience of Mini is that she played exactly the same as scum as she did when she was a town PR.
i have a funny graph i wanna share re: meta. The absolute best town players i know utilize meta effectively. Its a good tool. I find those that discard it don't actually know how to use it.

What do you think of Norwegian?
I'm one for reading charts. Graph me, baby.

In terms of Norway, i'm leaning town.

There was a free spirited vote hopping, easy wagonning Norway at the beginning. Recently he's been spiky and needlessly aggressive.

With such a large group and inevitable easy targets, at this point it seems unlikely that Norway as scum would behave like this.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Norfolk Boy1
What makes you believe there are "easy targets"?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:05 am

Post by quiet »

I think the point I was trying to get to with my request for notarized examples was this. It seems like low-count (and low content) posters get scumread. I scumread them. It’s also easy to latch on to one bad post when there’s only ten of them. I have been convinced that scum play this way, but it also feels like...a really simple read to make that will often catch not-scum.

I understand the point of pushing one of those slots anyway to try to sort them, because without posting and without previous days votes or night actions we have nothing to go on. I guess I’m just trying to figure out how to tell the difference between actually busy or shy town or nervous power role and scum.

Also in my brain, if this is such an obvious scumtell, why wouldn’t scum just...not do it? I know it’s not that simple, but I think that’s the point I was trying to make.

All that being said, I still sus all three of those for exactly the same reason, so I guess I’m just a hypocrite.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 736, quiet wrote:Also in my brain, if this is such an obvious scumtell, why wouldn’t scum just...not do it?
When you are town you don't know who the mafia are, you will benaturally inquisitive and curious. Questioning, active.
As scum you know who the town and scum already are, which makes solving impossible because you don't want to point town to the right direction and thusly you can only fake solve, which takes a lot more effort.
That is why.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Take a look at the burst of activity from Cheeky, it was a classic scum way of dialoguing.
They didn't come to any conclusions, they didn't seem to actually work towards a solve. They just said some random slot was town and then proceeded to shade a bunch of slots for their text. And since then they haven't done much else.
I fail to see the town motivation.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Actually they didn't even post a townread now that i look over their ISO. Just did a bunch of scummy shading.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:13 am

Post by quiet »

But there is a massive difference between what you just described and not posting at all. I’m lost trying to solve most of the time as town. I can apply the same shitty methodologies when I’m scum, and end up with a mix of good and bad results. I don’t know, it just feels like not posting is an answer, but especially day1, bad town reads are practically expected. I would think that lurkey activity would get worse as time goes on, and maybe people are out the gate trying to set that precedent, but doing it day1 just draws so much attention...

I’ll drop it.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It doesn't really matter what you think is optimal. People play different, it's just how we are.
Sometimes scum are lurkey and don't do much, sometimes they powerplay and are some of the more active slots, sometimes they are middle of the range. You just have to work it out.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:20 am

Post by quiet »

In post 738, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Take a look at the burst of activity from Cheeky, it was a classic scum way of dialoguing.
Yeah this makes sense to me. Happy with my vote here right now.

In a similar vein, I was trying to decide if those kind of wall catch-up posts in general (hi Luca) are in any way AI. I liked what Luca said, but also recognize that it would be an effective playstyle as scum; it kind of lets you answer questions/be responsive. Mini got sussed for practically the same posting style in a slightly different context.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:22 am

Post by quiet »

To be clear, I have Luca in my town bucket right now. I don’t want to have that appear like I’m shading them. Not my intent.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 732, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Slots that i wish were more vocal -> Andresvmb, Nero Cain
Lurksack nero is definitely a worry but I feel like there may be other reasons he's not wholly here I outside of alignment
Norfolk Boy1
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Norfolk Boy1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Norfolk Boy1 »

In post 735, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Norfolk Boy1
What makes you believe there are "easy targets"?
There are always easy targets: the lowest posters, the deliberately obtuse and the obviously new are those that immediately spring to mind.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 733, quiet wrote:
I’m on board with all of these, especially hawker.

These are also (I believe) the first, second, and third most lurkey slots. Do you have any reads that aren’t on lurkers? Or was that the basis of your reads?
I've given a number of non-lurker reads already.

I'm also not scumreading those slots for their lurking, but for their content (or lack thereof).
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 736, quiet wrote:I think the point I was trying to get to with my request for notarized examples was this. It seems like low-count (and low content) posters get scumread. I scumread them. It’s also easy to latch on to one bad post when there’s only ten of them. I have been convinced that scum play this way, but it also feels like...a really simple read to make that will often catch not-scum.

I understand the point of pushing one of those slots anyway to try to sort them, because without posting and without previous days votes or night actions we have nothing to go on. I guess I’m just trying to figure out how to tell the difference between actually busy or shy town or nervous power role and scum.

Also in my brain, if this is such an obvious scumtell, why wouldn’t scum just...not do it? I know it’s not that simple, but I think that’s the point I was trying to make.

All that being said, I still sus all three of those for exactly the same reason, so I guess I’m just a hypocrite.
The only way to distinguish between them is to push and sort them. I like to believe any town player is capable of towntelling on some level at some point - even complete 'lurkers' who are Town can show glimpses of this, but so far the three players I mentioned have given no indication.

As for 'wouldn't scum just not do it if it was an obvious scumtell', well, easier said than done.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Sorry, but i had to make this meme.

Spoiler:
Y do scum scumtell?

Y don't they just... not.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 742, quiet wrote:
In post 738, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Take a look at the burst of activity from Cheeky, it was a classic scum way of dialoguing.
Yeah this makes sense to me. Happy with my vote here right now.

In a similar vein, I was trying to decide if those kind of wall catch-up posts in general (hi Luca) are in any way AI. I liked what Luca said, but also recognize that it would be an effective playstyle as scum; it kind of lets you answer questions/be responsive. Mini got sussed for practically the same posting style in a slightly different context.
Mini practically spammed 'why' multiple times without any sort of analysis. It's not really comparable.

You're right that it could be a premeditated playstyle as scum, but in my (and Mini's) case it's NAI due to time zone reasons.