Flavor Leaf vs. Hectic [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Titus »

Ydrasse - Weak town
Gamma Emerald - Not memorable, but FL says town
Venus Mars and Pluto (Nancy Drew 39, Auro, and Shiro) - Lean scum, no real presence of Nancy/Shiro. No cookies.
Morning Tweet - Can be town
Titus - Me
Xtoxm - No presence
Starcrossed (Pooky+Kanna Hydra) - Odd, weak scumlean but FL has a point of everyone SRing the slot
Hopkirk - Weak town
Lunar Martian - Needs more
chkflip - When will he arrive?
Dannflor - Weak town, stronger opening but fell off
Firebringer - Town
skitter30 - Town miller
unwnd - Town voting them upon request
RCEnigma - Weak scum
catboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - Weak scum
Chara - Null

I tried to give a read on everyone. I want to get myself moving. Nothing's really strong though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1069, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1064, Titus wrote:You aren't Hectic.
And thus am not allowed to make probabilistic guesses about what Hectic would pick based upon my own thoughts on who I'd pick?

-Pluto (Auro)
you're allowed, but you're not doing that with your own hydra. you know if Hectic picked you or not, it's not making a guess based on probability.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1069, Venus Mars and Pluto wrote:
In post 1064, Titus wrote:You aren't Hectic.
And thus am not allowed to make probabilistic guesses about what Hectic would pick based upon my own thoughts on who I'd pick?

-Pluto (Auro)
Right but applying them to defend yourself with no pressure is icky. Suggesting other slots Hectic might not pick is fine.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

weak
town? do you want a toxic 1v1 or something?
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1035, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1018, Ydrasse wrote:what genre/concept?
I usually write fantasy or comedy, and in actuality, I'm more of a Director than an author, but as a director, I focus on storytelling aspects above all and am obsessed with storycraft, but I don't really feel like doing film crew work anymore, so I have to finish my stories so I can get them developed, so I'm trying to build an author platform to translate that over to my film passion.

This one's a bit different because I've plotted out a 9 book series that's essentially Toy Story meets Game of Thrones (not as graphic, though, obviously). I have multiple games/spinoff animation series that I want to create from within it eventually as well, so I have a lot of work to do.

i was struck with the prophetic vision a few days ago of an unfortunate combination that i’ve slowly been trying to jot down ideas for instead of like, working on the thing i have more fleshed out
Yeah, be careful with this. I have like 12+ projects, and this 9 book series started as just a fun thing that I "eventually" would like to write.

I essentially create worlds, and have multiple stories to tell within each of them, and it's like all I think about.
sorry to anyone who wanted to play mafia i simply do not give a fuck

Spoiler:
there was a point right before i started my freshman year that i wanted to give film making a try, well like, screenwriting and stuff but i don't think i have an eye for that sort of thing unfortunately? it's harder for me to like... visualize how things will actually play out in reality/on a screen versus what i write out, like it would never match. but lately it's been on my mind because i read the uhhh, midsommar script because i can't watch the movie because i'm a little baby but the very ending of it has been engraved into my mind to the point where i want to tinker around with it again

also why specifically nine? i guess maybe my style is like... not so organized that i can imagine having a solid number like that. it seems a bit overwhelming maybe, but it's an intriguing combination? uh, there are elements i like from both of those so i'm curious as to /which/ you're going with. also tbh through in at least the violent-graphic parts from asoiaf. that's the best part.

in retrospect saying that maybe i just focus too much on objectively "darker" themes or whatever, maybe i am edgy. but that's a lot of the fun for me in writing is exploring those sort of things and how they impact characters.

i'm the same way though i like, i have one ""main"" project that i've scrapped together over the past... two years? but i've not made leeway into it much even though i want to, it would be like a few books worth. and now i have this new thing that started off as very indulgent but i grew to care about too quickly, alas. do you use any particular organizers/programs/methods to keep track of it all?
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
Starcrossed
Starcrossed
Goon
Starcrossed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Starcrossed »

In post 1016, Ydrasse wrote:me: posts twice that game

flavor: pocketed. beautiful. amazing. stunning. locktown
if that's not a sign of true love I don't know what is.
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Chara »

i usually try to avoid having reads on the whole list on day 1 in a large. at least for me, it makes them suck if i try to force it.
but it reminded me chkflip is in this game! that's exciting.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Starcrossed
Starcrossed
Goon
Starcrossed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Starcrossed »

In post 1023, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1019, Chara wrote:
In post 1007, Ydrasse wrote:okay i’m gonna hook you up with one of my FAVORITES then it’s a chestnut praline latte with almond milk i usually do half caf or decaf but i also still get the whip on it too almond milk just tastes better :> that or if you don’t like those flavors caramel macchiatos were what i used to always tell people what to get bc they’re pretty universally liked OR just coffee maybe a misto?
now i
really
wish i had a coffee...

half-caf is how i make it at home, too much caffeine makes me jittery. i like anything with chocolate syrup. i was so upset when they stopped carrying that one triple chocolate syrup, i had my rooommate take the remaining stash of it from our local store.
me too! i can’t handle caffeine well, i’ve started drinking it more at work but i can only drink like half a cup...

if it’s like, a nice chocolate like a milk chocolate i like it more maybe being at starbucks soured me on their mocha... they did do this dark cocoa one time thought that i loved with mint? it was a seasonal thing and it was so sad... the only thing that compared in terms of liking was a milk chocolate that was a topping but i’d put it in drinks anyways :>
I've abused coffee so much during work that now caffeine has no effect on me :?
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1067, unwnd wrote:I genuinely townread you Chara, I think the reads on you are insensitive
what do you mean by insensitive?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:23 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i actually don't think hectic picks the venus-hydra for winning after seeing pooky vs fl (no shade i'm sorry!!)
- - - -
won
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Hopkirk »

have ever tried writing hectic-fanfic ydrasse? it's pretty fun.

pedit - what happened in FL vs pooky that makes it unlikely?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Ydrasse »

it doesn't seem like a calculate move, like taking them away from the town sure i guess? but they're (at least the head i know) more likely to get caught out as scum fmpov
- - - -
won
Starcrossed
Starcrossed
Goon
Starcrossed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Starcrossed »

In post 1027, unwnd wrote:It's like every town game I roll by page 5 people are like 'well unwnd is obvtown'

Jesus fucking christ
you have to inject some scumminess into your town-game otherwise its just boring af
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1085, Hopkirk wrote:have ever tried writing hectic-fanfic ydrasse? it's pretty fun.

pedit - what happened in FL vs pooky that makes it unlikely?
i have not! but maybe one day...

1) idk if it was an irl thing or not, but the head that was in that hydra is in this hydra now and wasn't active and 2) flavor leaf also picked that same head to be on his scumteam and would have recent familiarity w how she works/thinks/etc
- - - -
won
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1078, Hopkirk wrote:
weak
Odd, quick jump from flattering to hostile. Not sure what to make of it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Starcrossed
Starcrossed
Goon
Starcrossed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Starcrossed »

In post 1047, Flavor Leaf wrote:Bbmolla's a year older than me. He's the one who brought me to the site.

That would have been a shame, because that was when I was still new, and I enjoyed that meeting a lot, especially when everyone had to start calling everybody by Boonskiies or drink, even though, I think you were in the other room during that, I feel it definitely still was noted.
I miss BBMolla

that guy was dope to play with
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1089, Titus wrote:
weak
hopkirk is a fiend who is joking around with you. i think
- - - -
won
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1089, Titus wrote:
weak
does knowing it's the third time this game alone that i've used the phrase 'toxic 1v1' help?
Chara
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Chara
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1086, Ydrasse wrote:it doesn't seem like a calculate move, like taking them away from the town sure i guess? but they're (at least the head i know) more likely to get caught out as scum fmpov
i was joking about that, i do know Nancy's great as town but i'm not sure it would be a good idea to draft her just for that when killing her is another option.

pedit: i remember when i didn't really like playing with Titus. seems so strange now. don't know what was wrong with me, i suppose we just didn't click at the time.
unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:28 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1083, Chara wrote:
In post 1067, unwnd wrote:I genuinely townread you Chara, I think the reads on you are insensitive
what do you mean by insensitive?
At a tonal level, the way you express yourself doesn't seem forced. You seem a bit playful in your words in regards to the setup (and others), and I think most of the scumreads are because of that. As for your actual content? I've agreed with most of it
Protect yourself from the back of your mind
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1047, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1044, Titus wrote:
In post 931, Flavor Leaf wrote:My extensive history with Titus, I went to Titus Meet in 2014, which was like multiple days of a bunch of scummers hanging out, sleeping on the floor. I was the youngest one there.
That was fun. A lot of the scummers from that meet don't play anymore. BBMolla I think was younger than you though. Titus meet was the only real party I had there, even though my ex and I just got the house. Scum sabotaged it. My ex almost stopped Titus meet from happening.
Bbmolla's a year older than me. He's the one who brought me to the site.

That would have been a shame, because that was when I was still new, and I enjoyed that meeting a lot, especially when everyone had to start calling everybody by Boonskiies or drink, even though, I think you were in the other room during that, I feel it definitely still was noted.
I was but it was funny.

My ex not getting involved should have been a huge red flag. It was the time of my life though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1093, Chara wrote:
In post 1086, Ydrasse wrote:it doesn't seem like a calculate move, like taking them away from the town sure i guess? but they're (at least the head i know) more likely to get caught out as scum fmpov
i was joking about that, i do know Nancy's great as town but i'm not sure it would be a good idea to draft her just for that when killing her is another option.

pedit: i remember when i didn't really like playing with Titus. seems so strange now. don't know what was wrong with me, i suppose we just didn't click at the time.
yeah like, if auro/shiro are good as scum i can imagine it as more likely? because then you get that and also taking nancy away as a net benefit. but also i think fl and her have familiarity too which makes it harder, even beyond that previous game

what do i know though since hectic is clearly doing some CRAZY STUFF THIS GAME.
- - - -
won
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1093, Chara wrote:pedit: i remember when i didn't really like playing with Titus. seems so strange now. don't know what was wrong with me, i suppose we just didn't click at the time.
I was an acquired taste. I also changed a fair bit.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

unwnd
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
unwnd
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:30 am

Post by unwnd »

I was thinking about tweetie a bit more last night actually

On a scale of I was wrong and I'm actually really paranoid of them

Where does Tweetie lie for you Chara?
Protect yourself from the back of your mind
Venus Mars and Pluto
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Venus Mars and Pluto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Venus Mars and Pluto »

In post 1074, Chara wrote:what if Hectic picked you so Nancy doesn't go beastmode on the scumteam? what then, Auro?
Doesn't make sense from a cost-benefit standpoint. There are many competent town players and a three-head hydra with Nancy and me is
probably
going to be easy to catch; to optimize win chances you'd rather just pick a known reliable scum player. To optimize fun... it's more fun with Nancy going beastmode is what I feel, and would guess what Hectic also feels :P
you're allowed, but you're not doing that with your own hydra. you know if Hectic picked you or not, it's not making a guess based on probability.
I'm making a case at the
prior
probability, not whether I was actually picked. While my knowledge of the ultimate outcome may bias me, everyone knows that - the reasoning should hold up independently though, no?
Right but applying them to defend yourself with no pressure is icky. Suggesting other slots Hectic might not pick is fine.
So do you agree with the assessment itself, regardless of how ick my bringing it up was?

@Captain Kirk: It is
the
Nancy. Nancy Drew 39, yup.

-Pluto (Auro)