Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Meuh »

Alright, let me make a read list. :cool: This format may be a bit odd to you guys but ppl used it in other games i've played so...

TTT = Confirmed town
TT = Strong town read
T = Town read
/T = Town lean
/ = Neutral
/M = Mafia lean
M = Mafia read
MM = Strong mafia read
MMM = Confirmed mafia
Nothing = player has provided no input

Kazyan (/T)

Good vibes! :D
marcistar (/T)

Seems to be contributing to the discussion, messages aren't scummy. :)
Cantripmancer (/)

Not much input, and the input felt a bit odd. :shifty:
Harumi Ayasato (/)

Talked a bit but didn't do anything to warrant a townlean :]
2ndchosen1 ()

Nothing yet
ItalianoVD (/T)

Contributing, messages look like a townie's
eth0s ()

Just voted and left. :neutral:
Krazy (/T)

Actively contributing, making sure convo happens :D , but is experienced, so could easily be just be playing as they always do. Plus some of these messages look like they may be trying to pocket Marci? Not a huge deal, but still something I noticed. :shifty:

After a certain point, inactivity becomes scummy, but this game just started.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Krazy »

The fact that I am trying to pocket (almost) the entire list is more a matter of playstyle than anything else, I'm a very pockety player as both town and scum :P Actually, I subjectively think I'm even more pockety as town than as scum, but I'm definitely pockety as both, and I'm not sure a casual observer would notice the difference.

If I seem kinda excited about the Marci read, it's because I've been thinking a lot about a recent post unwnd made in mafia discussion about the value of tone reads, so I'm curious to see how my early game tone reads play out. I can already tell that this is going to be a game where one of my big thoughts in postgame will be about whether tone reads are good or not. (unwnd's argument was that they're just not good at all, I think they're good early game and then should be supplanted by thought process reads as there's enough content to do so)

I do have some expanded thoughts on my Harumi read but I'll hold off until she posts a bit in response to Italiano. I also feel like I should probably be posting less until the low content slots post a bit more but I'm kinda enjoying this game a lot already lol

I do generally vibe your reads list Meuh! So that's a good feel
vote conspiracy
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 51, Krazy wrote:The fact that I am trying to pocket (almost) the entire list is more a matter of playstyle than anything else, I'm a very pockety player as both town and scum :P Actually, I subjectively think I'm even more pockety as town than as scum, but I'm definitely pockety as both, and I'm not sure a casual observer would notice the difference.

If I seem kinda excited about the Marci read, it's because I've been thinking a lot about a recent post unwnd made in mafia discussion about the value of tone reads, so I'm curious to see how my early game tone reads play out. I can already tell that this is going to be a game where one of my big thoughts in postgame will be about whether tone reads are good or not. (unwnd's argument was that they're just not good at all, I think they're good early game and then should be supplanted by thought process reads as there's enough content to do so)

I do have some expanded thoughts on my Harumi read but I'll hold off until she posts a bit in response to Italiano. I also feel like I should probably be posting less until the low content slots post a bit more but I'm kinda enjoying this game a lot already lol

I do generally vibe your reads list Meuh! So that's a good feel
Ooh interesting, I don't often see people just... admit to pocketing, interesting playstyle! Excited to see how it plays out :cool:

Also don't post less, I want people to talk to :cry:

This is gonna be a good game, I also feel it! All those scummies are gonna be caught by the end of the day :lol:

Excited to see that extended Harumi read! Will be nice to look at :cool:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Kazyan »

It's easy to vibe with a readslist when there are no scumlean positions yet. Unless Krazy's thought on Cantrip counts? Nah.

I don't have strong reads at the moment--scum tend to be good at blending in on Day 1, from what I've heard. My intuition is also still kinda jumbling Krazy, Meuh, and marci together, but that will change as the day progresses.

ItalianoVD's posts vaguely remind me of NPOM in Mini Normal 2187, who was scum in that game, but that might be a matter of communication style. I dunno if I'd call it a scumlean, but I don't feel like random-voting another person unless 2ndchosen1 shows up wearing an even worse hat.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 47, Krazy wrote:
In post 40, ItalianoVD wrote:What’s your definition of constant? And myself, meuh, and Marcistar all used them, so we’re all insincere?

the weird defensiveness of this post might be a little scummy too, maybe I'll move italiano out of lean town
I personally didn't really find Italiano scummy here. This doesn't seem defensive to me, it looks more like either defending
me
or trying to push on Harumi. If it's to defend me, I don't mind it, and if it's to push on Harumi, I don't really understand what's scummy about it either. If anything, early aggressiveness can be a sign of being town, right? Since it feeds discussion.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 51, Krazy wrote:If I seem kinda excited about the Marci read, it's because I've been thinking a lot about a recent post unwnd made in mafia discussion about the value of tone reads, so I'm curious to see how my early game tone reads play out.
In an effort to in fact pocket you, I’ve been using tone reads for years and it’s one of the main things I use
when I townhunt.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 51, Krazy wrote:The fact that I am trying to pocket (almost) the entire list is more a matter of playstyle than anything else, I'm a very pockety player as both town and scum :P Actually, I subjectively think I'm even more pockety as town than as scum, but I'm definitely pockety as both, and I'm not sure a casual observer would notice the difference.

1. I didn't really see you as pocketing, though Meuh brought up a good point. I think its something to be wary about, tho I thought you were just trying to start conversations. :oops:

2.I think tone reads are very important for a game as a whole. For me, they help me trust someone and then i dont rlly push on that person :oops: it helps me find people who i think are scum (im not always the best with having actual good reasons)

3. I think you shouldn't stop talking if you can. Once the less talkative people join in, they'll be able to see that the game is indeed hella popping :cop: and itll be harder for inactive scummies to hide!! They'll have to give input eventually, while if the talking tones down, they might not feel the need to..
does this make sense? i hope i worded it right?
In post 54, Meuh wrote:
In post 47, Krazy wrote:
In post 40, ItalianoVD wrote:What’s your definition of constant? And myself, meuh, and Marcistar all used them, so we’re all insincere?

the weird defensiveness of this post might be a little scummy too, maybe I'll move italiano out of lean town
I personally didn't really find Italiano scummy here. This doesn't seem defensive to me, it looks more like either defending
me
or trying to push on Harumi. If it's to defend me, I don't mind it, and if it's to push on Harumi, I don't really understand what's scummy about it either. If anything, early aggressiveness can be a sign of being town, right? Since it feeds discussion.
I also thought about this a bit. Meuh if you're town you should be careful about italiano :oops: :oops: he might be trying to get on ur good side. It looks like he was trying to defend you might mean that Meuh + Italiano = team, but idk if thats too much of a stretch since its so early on.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

@Kazyan: Can you explain what hat means/is.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 54, Meuh wrote:I personally didn't really find Italiano scummy here. This doesn't seem defensive to me, it looks more like either defending me or trying to push on Harumi. If it's to defend me, I don't mind it, and if it's to push on Harumi, I don't really understand what's scummy about it either. If anything, early aggressiveness can be a sign of being town, right? Since it feeds discussion.
It was a bit of defending the three of us that used the emojis, but more so trying to understand what they meant and who they were talking about.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 56, marcistar wrote:
In post 54, Meuh wrote:
In post 47, Krazy wrote:

me
I also thought about this a bit. Meuh if you're town you should be careful about italiano :oops: :oops: he might be trying to get on ur good side. It looks like he was trying to defend you might mean that Meuh + Italiano = team, but idk if thats too much of a stretch since its so early on.
Ig you're bringing up a fair point, but the only instance of Italiano "trying to get on my good side" is that one message, and his intentions could be completely unrelated to that, as I established in my post. There's several people who are more actively trying to get on my good side (Krazy, Kazyan, you) than he is. Not saying the way you guys are acting is weird, just that I don't find this specific instance to be particularly worrying. :cool:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Kazyan »

In post 57, ItalianoVD wrote:@Kazyan: Can you explain what hat means/is.
A joke based on how random votes are often accompanied by silly reasons. This is a forum, so no one is wearing a hat, because no one has a physical presence.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 50, Meuh wrote:Alright, let me make a read list. :cool: This format may be a bit odd to you guys but ppl used it in other games i've played so...

TTT = Confirmed town
TT = Strong town read
T = Town read
/T = Town lean
/ = Neutral
/M = Mafia lean
M = Mafia read
MM = Strong mafia read
MMM = Confirmed mafia

Kazyan (/T)

marcistar (/T)

Cantripmancer (/)

Harumi Ayasato (/)

2ndchosen1 ()

Nothing yet
ItalianoVD (/T)

eth0s ()

Krazy (/T)

Actively contributing, making sure convo happens :D , but is experienced, so could easily be just be playing as they always do. Plus some of these messages look like they may be trying to pocket Marci? Not a huge deal, but still something I noticed. :shifty:

Not terribly AI but I see little point in doing a readslist in page three of a mafia game. They don't really add anything this early.
Defeating scum with the power of friendship!

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 19, ItalianoVD wrote:VOTE: 2ndchosen1
You’re turn.
OMG YOUR SPELLING IS AWFUL POLICY EXECUTE THIS IMMEDIATELY THIS CANNOT BE FORGIVEN!!!!!!1!!11!!!
In post 40, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 38, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Does anyone else find the constant use of emoticons to come off as insincere, or is it just me?
What’s your definition of constant? And myself, meuh, and Marcistar all used them, so we’re all insincere?
Well there are quite a few posts which have emoticons literally almost every line, which I guess strikes me the wrong way??? I don't know, it's probably just me.
Defeating scum with the power of friendship!

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 61, Harumi Ayasato wrote:
In post 50, Meuh wrote:Alright, let me make a read list. :cool: This format may be a bit odd to you guys but ppl used it in other games i've played so...

TTT = Confirmed town
TT = Strong town read
T = Town read
/T = Town lean
/ = Neutral
/M = Mafia lean
M = Mafia read
MM = Strong mafia read
MMM = Confirmed mafia

Kazyan (/T)

marcistar (/T)

Cantripmancer (/)

Harumi Ayasato (/)

2ndchosen1 ()

Nothing yet
ItalianoVD (/T)

eth0s ()

Krazy (/T)

Not terribly AI but I see little point in doing a readslist in page three of a mafia game. They don't really add anything this early.
Why not? They create information for people to read me on and fuel discussion. We've gotta start somewhere...
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Kazyan »

Meuh's reads would be fine, but in addition to being so early, there are no scumreads. It seems more performative than towny. I'll keep an eye on that.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

What the, lol, I thought I typed “your” :igmeou: That’s quite annoying for me, I’m all for the policy lim.
In post 62, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Well there are quite a few posts which have emoticons literally almost every line, which I guess strikes me the wrong way??? I don't know, it's probably just me.
So who specifically were you talking about since as I mentioned, three of us did it.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 52, Meuh wrote:Also don't post less, I want people to talk to
In post 56, marcistar wrote:3. I think you shouldn't stop talking if you can. Once the less talkative people join in, they'll be able to see that the game is indeed hella popping and itll be harder for inactive scummies to hide!! They'll have to give input eventually, while if the talking tones down, they might not feel the need to..
I appreciate the sentiment but it's not healthy for the game if I have too much thread presence. I tend to play in larges which tend to be more hyper-posty which can be off-putting to some newer players. I do like to be chatty and have fun but I also make a point to let the thread breathe.

This post by marcistar is again really townie tho lol, but I kinda disagree. While it's true if town finds themselves town too much, then scum will not know how to generate a winnable gamestate. There is also the risk of being too insistent on townreads too early can cause them to feel stale and paranoia later on. Still... idk. Sometimes people just town yo. But beyond this, if scum lurk out then town can start to push each other because they're the only ones saying anything or generating readable content. Not that I'm really accusing our no-poster of being a lurker, I mean we're in the first 24 hours and confirmations took like 2 and a half days.
In post 54, Meuh wrote:I personally didn't really find Italiano scummy here. This doesn't seem defensive to me, it looks more like either defending me or trying to push on Harumi. If it's to defend me, I don't mind it, and if it's to push on Harumi, I don't really understand what's scummy about it either. If anything, early aggressiveness can be a sign of being town, right? Since it feeds discussion.

I feel like whatever it is, defending himself or someone else, pairing people together in a group of three is a bit scummy. Scum like groups of three because it makes it unclear whether they're pairing themselves with two townies or a scumbuddy. He also kinda went to defend the use of emotes without really evaluating how different players were using emotes to different ends which is a little concerning. Not a super scummy post, but a little scummy
In post 60, Kazyan wrote:A joke based on how random votes are often accompanied by silly reasons. This is a forum, so no one is wearing a hat, because no one has a physical presence.
"black hat" is usually a joke referring to the mafia right? I thought it was a joke since Italiano's avatar is bald
In post 62, Harumi Ayasato wrote:OMG YOUR SPELLING IS AWFUL POLICY EXECUTE THIS IMMEDIATELY THIS CANNOT BE FORGIVEN!!!!!!1!!11!!!

I know this is silly but I'm not entirely sure what you're doing with this post

Hmm, interesting. I guess you weren't just focused on Meuh then. Still I think it's a townie concern, having a lot of elements of posts that you don't know how to read.
In post 64, Kazyan wrote:Meuh's reads would be fine, but in addition to being so early, there are no scumreads. It seems more performative than towny. I'll keep an eye on that.

I think sorting nulls from townleans is fine for page 3 tbh
vote conspiracy
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 66, Krazy wrote:I feel like whatever it is, defending himself or someone else, pairing people together in a group of three is a bit scummy. Scum like groups of three because it makes it unclear whether they're pairing themselves with two townies or a scumbuddy.
It just so happened that three of us did it. If four of us or five of us did, I would’ve paired it as such. I think you’re looking too deep into it.
In post 66, Krazy wrote:
He also kinda went to defend the use of emotes without really evaluating how different players were using emotes to different ends which is a little concerning.
Not a super scummy post, but a little scummy
I don’t like when people do this. Please don’t narrate and/or assume what I’m thinking (bolder) or how I’m trying to sort a player’s slot. Feels like a poor attempt to shade me. If you’d like to know what I mean or why I said something, just ask me.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Kazyan »

In post 66, Krazy wrote:
In post 64, Kazyan wrote:Meuh's reads would be fine, but in addition to being so early, there are no scumreads. It seems more performative than towny. I'll keep an eye on that.

I think sorting nulls from townleans is fine for page 3 tbh
Fair, but I'm still keeping an eye on it.

Unrelatedly, ItalianoVD no longer reminds me of NPOM.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 67, ItalianoVD wrote:I don’t like when people do this. Please don’t narrate and/or assume what I’m thinking (bolder) or how I’m trying to sort a player’s slot. Feels like a poor attempt to shade me. If you’d like to know what I mean or why I said something, just ask me.

Well the question you asked was kinda indignant, like "are you REALLY implying that [three people] are insincere from emotes" (obviously you didn't write the caps REALLY but that seemed to be the implication of the question) which does seem to also therefore imply a kind of likeness. It pinged me a little but I'm not making a big deal out of it outside of explaining where I'm at on it. You know, it's page 3, so 'a ping' is about all I'm likely to get at this point anyway :P
vote conspiracy
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 69, Krazy wrote:Well the question you asked was kinda indignant, like "are you REALLY implying that [three people] are insincere from emotes" (obviously you didn't write the caps REALLY but that seemed to be the implication of the question) which does seem to also therefore imply a kind of likeness. It pinged me a little but I'm not making a big deal out of it outside of explaining where I'm at on it. You know, it's page 3, so 'a ping' is about all I'm likely to get at this point anyway
I get that and I don’t have an issue with your perception, I have an issue with how you arrived at that perception. You didn’t ask me what I meant by it or try to understand what I was trying to say. So from
my
perspective, you read the comment, created your own story from it, and then based your read off of it. I’d like to think you are townie, but this doesn’t make me feel great about you.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In addition: in posts & I explain what I was thinking and why I was asking the question.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Kazyan »

The emoticon debate feels very TvT.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:02 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.2:

Harumi Ayasato (1) -
eth0s
ItalianoVD (1) -
Kazyan
eth0s (1) -
Harumi Ayasato
Krazy (1) -
Cantripmancer
Kazyan (1) -
Meuh
2ndchosen1 (2) -
ItalianoVD, Krazy

Not voting (2) -
2ndchosen1, marcistar

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 will end at 11am GMT on the 20th February 2021 - (expired on 2021-02-20 11:00:00)
Trans rights are human rights.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:06 pm

Post by Krazy »

Meuh, given your reads list had kazyan as a good vibes townlean, why did you not move your vote after writing the list?
vote conspiracy