Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 74, Krazy wrote:Meuh, given your reads list had kazyan as a good vibes townlean, why did you not move your vote after writing the list?
I thought about doing that, but I just felt like it was unnecessary and I didn't wanna give the host more to keep track of, essentially. Switching onto someone else to pressure them is a good idea though, so VOTE:
eth0s

In post 64, Kazyan wrote:Meuh's reads would be fine, but in addition to being so early, there are no scumreads. It seems more performative than towny. I'll keep an eye on that.
I just didn't have enough on the people I would consider scumreading to really warrant writing them down as scumlean. At this point, I'd probably say I'm scumleaning on Harumi, because they're keeping up their pattern of messages being either memeing, or talking how they don't like an aspect of someone else's gameplay. I'd like more meaningful contribution.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:47 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 75, Meuh wrote:At this point, I'd probably say I'm scumleaning on Harumi, because they're keeping up their pattern of messages being either memeing, or talking how they don't like an aspect of someone else's gameplay. I'd like more meaningful contribution.
Can't exactly say I didn't have this coming.

I don't think we need to keep up the emoticon debate since at this point it's clear we're not learning from it. If it helps, I was just talking about the use of them in general.

Krazy seemed pretty eager to jump on Italiano for something that seems really minor, and I also don't like how he responded to the memey part of 62 without responding to the non-memey part. Going to keep an eye on him.
As for Italiano himself, I'm kind of getting town vibes? Hard to tell though.
Kazyan looks pretty eager to hunt scum but that's probably just a playstyle thing.
Most of the others haven't really gotten my attention yet, so that's just my thoughts right now.
Defeating scum with the power of friendship!

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Kazyan »

It looks like we're sliding towards more serious voting now. In that case, UNVOTE: .
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:40 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 67, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 66, Krazy wrote:I feel like whatever it is, defending himself or someone else, pairing people together in a group of three is a bit scummy. Scum like groups of three because it makes it unclear whether they're pairing themselves with two townies or a scumbuddy.
It just so happened that three of us did it. If four of us or five of us did, I would’ve paired it as such. I think you’re looking too deep into it.
In post 66, Krazy wrote:
He also kinda went to defend the use of emotes without really evaluating how different players were using emotes to different ends which is a little concerning.
Not a super scummy post, but a little scummy
I don’t like when people do this. Please don’t narrate and/or assume what I’m thinking (bolder) or how I’m trying to sort a player’s slot. Feels like a poor attempt to shade me. If you’d like to know what I mean or why I said something, just ask me.
The first part of this, "I think you're looking too deep into it." I disagree with him saying, i thought krazy was fine with the talk about emojis.. but only because its such early game and its the only thing we can really talk about right now...

The second part, tbh makes me think you're getting a bit too riled up LOL.. But I believe you didn't want to be seen that way and just want to clear things up between you and Krazy.
In post 70, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 69, Krazy wrote:Well the question you asked was kinda indignant, like "are you REALLY implying that [three people] are insincere from emotes" (obviously you didn't write the caps REALLY but that seemed to be the implication of the question) which does seem to also therefore imply a kind of likeness. It pinged me a little but I'm not making a big deal out of it outside of explaining where I'm at on it. You know, it's page 3, so 'a ping' is about all I'm likely to get at this point anyway
I get that and I don’t have an issue with your perception, I have an issue with how you arrived at that perception. You didn’t ask me what I meant by it or try to understand what I was trying to say. So from
my
perspective, you read the comment, created your own story from it, and then based your read off of it. I’d like to think you are townie, but this doesn’t make me feel great about you.
However how Italiano deals with it in this post makes it seem much more better and less reactionary IMO.
In post 75, Meuh wrote:
In post 74, Krazy wrote:Meuh, given your reads list had kazyan as a good vibes townlean, why did you not move your vote after writing the list?
I thought about doing that, but I just felt like it was unnecessary and I didn't wanna give the host more to keep track of, essentially. Switching onto someone else to pressure them is a good idea though, so VOTE:
eth0s
I won't lie guys, this vote from Meuh I kinda don't like. It seems like shes moving her vote around for other peoples approval (which is what scum would essentially want to do). I think this because she switched it around only
after
she got questioned about it.. I think its an obvious attempt to seem town.
In post 66, Krazy wrote:
In post 56, marcistar wrote:3. I think you shouldn't stop talking if you can. Once the less talkative people join in, they'll be able to see that the game is indeed hella popping and itll be harder for inactive scummies to hide!! They'll have to give input eventually, while if the talking tones down, they might not feel the need to..
I appreciate the sentiment but it's not healthy for the game if I have too much thread presence. I tend to play in larges which tend to be more hyper-posty which can be off-putting to some newer players. I do like to be chatty and have fun but I also make a point to let the thread breathe.

This post by marcistar is again really townie tho lol, but I kinda disagree. While it's true if town finds themselves town too much, then scum will not know how to generate a winnable gamestate. There is also the risk of being too insistent on townreads too early can cause them to feel stale and paranoia later on. Still... idk. Sometimes people just town yo. But beyond this, if scum lurk out then town can start to push each other because they're the only ones saying anything or generating readable content. Not that I'm really accusing our no-poster of being a lurker, I mean we're in the first 24 hours and confirmations took like 2 and a half days.
What you're saying here is true, but I think naturally if we talk alot if theres an inactive scum they will come and feel the need to make something big to seem more townie... but i think scum tends to slip up in moments like those..? Maybe its dumb thinking... but thats what I think is something that'll happen.
In post 66, Krazy wrote:
In post 54, Meuh wrote:I personally didn't really find Italiano scummy here. This doesn't seem defensive to me, it looks more like either defending me or trying to push on Harumi. If it's to defend me, I don't mind it, and if it's to push on Harumi, I don't really understand what's scummy about it either. If anything, early aggressiveness can be a sign of being town, right? Since it feeds discussion.

I feel like whatever it is, defending himself or someone else, pairing people together in a group of three is a bit scummy. Scum like groups of three because it makes it unclear whether they're pairing themselves with two townies or a scumbuddy. He also kinda went to defend the use of emotes without really evaluating how different players were using emotes to different ends which is a little concerning. Not a super scummy post, but a little scummy
AH SHIT GUYS I HAVE A CLASS TO GO TO I GOTTA REPLY LATER THO AAA OKAY ILL FINISH REPLYING TO LATER
SORRY THIS IS ALL OUTTA ORDER BUT I OPENED IT ALL IN A NEW TAB I GOTTA ZOOM NOW :P :P :P :P :P
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 78, marcistar wrote:
In post 75, Meuh wrote:
eth0s
I won't lie guys, this vote from Meuh I kinda don't like. It seems like shes moving her vote around for other peoples approval (which is what scum would essentially want to do). I think this because she switched it around only
after
she got questioned about it.. I think its an obvious attempt to seem town.
My logic here was:

I don't think I need to change my vote -> Krazy mentions my vote -> I reflect on my vote -> I switch my vote, not for the reason Krazy brought up (my townlean) but because the reflection made me remember that voting people to apply pressure is usually a pretty good idea.

Yes, it was linked to what Krazy said, but the reasoning was my own, because I thought the action was most beneficial to us as a town. :cool:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:40 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 60, Kazyan wrote:
In post 57, ItalianoVD wrote:@Kazyan: Can you explain what hat means/is.
A joke based on how random votes are often accompanied by silly reasons. This is a forum, so no one is wearing a hat, because no one has a physical presence.
Oh okay, I thought it was a mafiascum term I wasn’t familiar with, lol.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:01 am

Post by marcistar »

class: finished :cool: :cool:
In post 78, marcistar wrote:
In post 66, Krazy wrote:
In post 54, Meuh wrote:I personally didn't really find Italiano scummy here. This doesn't seem defensive to me, it looks more like either defending me or trying to push on Harumi. If it's to defend me, I don't mind it, and if it's to push on Harumi, I don't really understand what's scummy about it either. If anything, early aggressiveness can be a sign of being town, right? Since it feeds discussion.

I feel like whatever it is, defending himself or someone else, pairing people together in a group of three is a bit scummy. Scum like groups of three because it makes it unclear whether they're pairing themselves with two townies or a scumbuddy. He also kinda went to defend the use of emotes without really evaluating how different players were using emotes to different ends which is a little concerning. Not a super scummy post, but a little scummy
I wanted to comment on this, but didn't have time before class.
Pairing people together in a group of three can be scummy, but I think I was the one to try to pair a duo together.. (from wording later in your paragraph Krazy, it makes me think you were talking about italiano all along..) (The pairing was me, meuh, italiano yes?) (i accused meuh and italiano of being a pairing)
I think, pairings are something thats kinda eh to talk about.... but since i know what i am, i see italiano making the 3 of us as emoji buddies in a different way, which is why i brought up the possibility of meuh x italiano as a pairing.
I could honestly see italiano x meuh because of how they kinda defend eachother... though idk if meuh is just too trusting because she hasn't played mafia for awhile.
though maybe i should consider the possibility of him dragging down meuh with him... :?
In post 79, Meuh wrote:My logic here was:

I don't think I need to change my vote -> Krazy mentions my vote -> I reflect on my vote -> I switch my vote, not for the reason Krazy brought up (my townlean) but because the reflection made me remember that voting people to apply pressure is usually a pretty good idea.

Yes, it was linked to what Krazy said, but the reasoning was my own, because I thought the was most beneficial to us as a town. :cool:
It looks like you have your own reasons yes, but it looks like the driving force to make a different vote was because you were questioned on it. Would you have
ever
switched if he just didn't mention it..? Thats what i've been thinking about. I don't know if I believe the "you don't wannna make it harder for the mod" stuff, since when is keeping a "bad" vote good for a townie to do..

Though I think I should maybe drop this, and look into other people. TBH I feel like i'm tunneling you too much right now Meuh because we're friends. :eek: :eek: i'll keep my eyes open for u tho..

Spoiler:
while typing i by accident deleted something in one of the quotes but i cant tell what... guys im sorry :cry: :cry:
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Krazy »

Really disappointed to wake up and still no content from bottom pair.

Harumi, the non-memey part of that post was fine, but the "memey" part was joking about a policy lim ehich leaves me overall unsure what your actual read of italiano is or why you're making the memey joke, hence why I asked about that part
vote conspiracy
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 81, marcistar wrote:
In post 79, Meuh wrote:My logic here was:

Yes, it was linked to what Krazy said, but the reasoning was my own, because I thought the was most beneficial to us as a town. :cool:
It looks like you have your own reasons yes, but it looks like the driving force to make a different vote was because you were questioned on it. Would you have
ever
switched if he just didn't mention it..? Thats what i've been thinking about. I don't know if I believe the "you don't wannna make it harder for the mod" stuff, since when is keeping a "bad" vote good for a townie to do..

Though I think I should maybe drop this, and look into other people. TBH I feel like i'm tunneling you too much right now Meuh because we're friends. :eek: :eek: i'll keep my eyes open for u tho..
I've played/hosted games and keeping tracks of votes was a nightmare, ngl. Not sure if there's any tools to make it easier for the host here, but that was a genuine thought I had. Not the most sound logic, though, I agree. :cool:

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

The more I see from Krazy, the scummier they look ngl... these recent posts have been a bit odd to me. but I can't really put my finger on why. :shifty:
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Krazy »

@kazy -- why not vote your poe?

@marci 78 -- true. Too be clear, I was *not saying* anyone else should post less. We should have a robust conversation. My point was that *I specifically* will ease up on the gas if my postcount exceeds the rest of the game too fast. In Tenet I blew out 1,000 posts by day 4 which even by large theme standards was a bit excessive. I don't think anyone else here needs to hold back at all at this point, unless the game blows past page 10 before 2nd or eth0s have made any content.

@marci 81 - I don't think solving is bad at all. "X and x might be scum together" can be very productive. "Y is not scum because they're doing something a and b are doing" conversely I find a bit scummy. I think looking for associative pairings of scum teams is townie, and I call that solving.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Krazy »

Maybe cause I'm tablet posting? Idk I might sound a little diff right now because I'm not at normal keyboard

There are some vote counters people use but some of them need some minor updates. I find vote counters essential for running larges personally.
vote conspiracy
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

I made the memey part to meme. I didn't intend for it to have any actual meaning, or to reflect my opinion on anything.

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Kazyan »

In post 84, Krazy wrote:@kazy -- why not vote your poe?
Huh? I don't have enough reads to use PoE yet. Honestly, I'm kinda waiting for one of those big arguments that pull lots of people in.

VOTE: Cantripmancer. This is a policy vote. C'mon, do something.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Krazy »

@harumi, No take on marci or meuh yet?

Can you expand on your kazy read a bit?
vote conspiracy
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:44 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 84, Krazy wrote:@marci 81 - I don't think solving is bad at all. "X and x might be scum together" can be very productive. "Y is not scum because they're doing something a and b are doing" conversely I find a bit scummy. I think looking for associative pairings of scum teams is townie, and I call that solving.
HUHH was i reading too fast?? :cry: :cry: I thought you said that finding a pair inside a trio is scummy :cry: :cry:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Kazyan »

Wait, dangit, I got you mixed up with a different person. Ack.

UNVOTE: Cantripmancer

VOTE: eth0s

C'mon, do something.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 88, Krazy wrote:@harumi, No take on marci or meuh yet?

Can you expand on your kazy read a bit?
I've already expressed my opinion on meuh's tierlist and the emoticon usage but other than that they haven't really done anything to get my attention.

Kazy has only posted seventeen times, and quite a few of them are non-substantive, but the few that are seem to be rather focused on calling people out for things he perceives as scummy. This is probably just a playstyle thing, but it makes me wonder.

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 40, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 38, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Does anyone else find the constant use of emoticons to come off as insincere, or is it just me?
What’s your definition of constant? And myself, meuh, and Marcistar all used them, so we’re all insincere?
@marci

I reallllly don't want to beat this post to death. I am *not* voting italiano right now. This post is not a big deal to me.

I said it was *a little* scummy because it implied (whoever) harumi meant (which apparently was all 3?) shouldn't be scummy because 2 other people were doing the same thing. This pinged me a little because it feels more like a deflection, but italiano is right that he followed up by trying to press harumi on whether she scumread any of those people for the emotes, which it seems she does not.

I'm pretty past this convo, I just want to make it clear I was not saying anything like "c is scum with d" would be scummy, I think saying "g is town because h and f did the same thing" though kinda is, especially if h and f didn't *really* do the same thing in the same way, and partly because there's a lot of potential scum motivation for scum to pair themselves or a buddy with town.

*kills this talking point forever*
vote conspiracy
Cantripmancer
Cantripmancer
Townie
Cantripmancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Cantripmancer »

@Kazyan: Got it, sorry. Thanks for the clarification.

Seriously...no posts in 24 hours early on D1? Where is everyone???

Let's see...looks like everyone's posted at least once except 2ndchosen1.

@2ndchosen1: Come play!

@Kazyan: Supposing the power of friendship isn't enough? How will you find the scum?

@Meuh: *I* don't have an anime girl for my profile pic. Why is Kazyan scum and I'm not?

@Marcistar: Are you scum?

@ItalianoVD: 2ndchosen1's turn for what?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Krazy »

What post makes you ask if marci is scum? Also maybe indicate what page you're on when doing catchup
vote conspiracy
Cantripmancer
Cantripmancer
Townie
Cantripmancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Cantripmancer »

Lol...I know I hit refresh, but apparently there were 70ish posts that didn't load???? Please ignore my #93 while I catch up...

Preview edit: oh NOW the forum tells me I might want to review my post in light of new posts. :lol:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 93, Cantripmancer wrote:@Kazyan: Got it, sorry. Thanks for the clarification.

@Meuh: *I* don't have an anime girl for my profile pic. Why is Kazyan scum and I'm not?
That was just the dumb reasoning for my early vote. Unless you wanted me to vote for you? :lol: As I've already established, I don't scumread Kazyan. :cool:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Kazyan »

In post 91, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Kazy has only posted seventeen times, and quite a few of them are non-substantive, but the few that are seem to be rather focused on calling people out for things he perceives as scummy. This is probably just a playstyle thing, but it makes me wonder.
You know what, yeah, this is a good take. I have been doing a lot of jabbering and pecking. I'm thinking of casing Krazy, since they've said enough to possibly develop a stronger read on them. Does that sound good to you?
In post 93, Cantripmancer wrote:@Kazyan: Supposing the power of friendship isn't enough? How will you find the scum?
I have some thoughts on that, but I'll keep them close to my chest so that I don't publically announce to scum exactly how to bamboozle me.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Krazy »

Random thought, but even if I'm wrong on one of them, Meuh and Harumi are never ever scum together after Meuh has committed herself to use the sunglasses emote in every post after Harumi's emotes complaint post
vote conspiracy
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:48 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 93, Cantripmancer wrote:@Marcistar: Are you scum?
yeye ofc i am :cool:
Spoiler:
so that i dont have to clarify later, this is a joke.

In post 95, Cantripmancer wrote:Lol...I know I hit refresh, but apparently there were 70ish posts that didn't load???? Please ignore my #93 while I catch up...

Preview edit: oh NOW the forum tells me I might want to review my post in light of new posts. :lol:
Ahhh this happens to me every single day!! If you keep the tab open when u close down ur browser, just make sure to refresh everytime you open it up just incase :cool:
In post 97, Kazyan wrote:
In post 91, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Kazy has only posted seventeen times, and quite a few of them are non-substantive, but the few that are seem to be rather focused on calling people out for things he perceives as scummy. This is probably just a playstyle thing, but it makes me wonder.
You know what, yeah, this is a good take. I have been doing a lot of jabbering and pecking. I'm thinking of casing Krazy, since they've said enough to possibly develop a stronger read on them. Does that sound good to you?
"kazy" and "krazy" kinda confused me but i think i understand the difference now :cool: if any of u make a typo one day between these 2 names imma cry in the club