Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 99, marcistar wrote:
In post 93, Cantripmancer wrote:@Marcistar: Are you scum?
yeye ofc i am :cool:
Omg we gotta elim Marci now she slipped :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: now I'll have to solo-carry the scum team :cry: :cry: :cry:

Spoiler:
to clarify, this is also a joke :cool:
Cantripmancer
Cantripmancer
Townie
Cantripmancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Cantripmancer »

Figured it out. I'm used to 50ppp, refreshed on page 1, saw "post 24", and didn't even think that there might be more pages. lol

Townlean on Krazy for the openness of mindset in #51. That "I look forward to looking back on my reads" mentality doesn't feel like it comes naturally from scum.

Also digging Meuh's excitement in #52.

Italiano's indignation toward Krazy gives me town vibes, but I recently played a game where I got burned by faked indignation, so that's a weaker take than it would have been a month ago.
In post 75, Meuh wrote:
In post 74, Krazy wrote:Meuh, given your reads list had kazyan as a good vibes townlean, why did you not move your vote after writing the list?
I thought about doing that, but I just felt like it was unnecessary and I didn't wanna give the host more to keep track of, essentially. Switching onto someone else to pressure them is a good idea though, so VOTE:
eth0s
It's been discussed, but in a game of Mafia, saying "I didn't want to make the mod have to track a vote change" feels a bit fake. (I've modded--am in fact currently modding--and I've never once thought "gosh, I wish my players would stop changing their vote; it's so inconvenient".)

@Marci: Why the panic attack at the end of #78? Like...what you communicated sounded fine, but the all caps craziness feels overdone.
In post 90, Kazyan wrote:Wait, dangit, I got you mixed up with a different person. Ack.

UNVOTE: Cantripmancer

VOTE: eth0s

C'mon, do something.
Uh...explain, please? How did you mix me up with eth0s?
In post 92, Krazy wrote:*kills this talking point forever*
Not a fan of the "nothing to see here, folks, move along" vibes from this post. There's a LOT of words here to protest the weight of your read.
In post 98, Krazy wrote:Random thought, but even if I'm wrong on one of them, Meuh and Harumi are never ever scum together after Meuh has committed herself to use the sunglasses emote in every post after Harumi's emotes complaint post
That doesn't feel like it's something to base an unaligned pair upon. Can you go into more detail as to your thinking here?

@Meuh: Yeah, I know your "anime girl in pic" thing was RVS. I thought thread had died for 24 hours and was just trying to generate discussion.

I feel like RVS can safely be considered to be ended, but I'm going to leave my RVS on Krazy for the time being.

Preview edit: I will lol so hard if this is a Marci/Mueh scumteam.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.3:

eth0s (3) -
Harumi Ayasato, Meuh, Kazyan
2ndchosen1 (2) -
ItalianoVD, Krazy
Krazy (1) -
Cantripmancer
Harumi Ayasato (1) -
eth0s

Not voting (2) -
2ndchosen1, marcistar,

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 will end at 11am GMT on the 20th February 2021 - (expired on 2021-02-20 11:00:00)
Trans rights are human rights.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:Uh...explain, please? How did you mix me up with eth0s?

Seems like a pretty solid anti-associative for me, I'd take it :P
In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:Not a fan of the "nothing to see here, folks, move along" vibes from this post. There's a LOT of words here to protest the weight of your read.
More "I feel like this is the third time I've explained this and this is a 4 page game" :P
vote conspiracy
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Kazyan »

In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:Uh...explain, please? How did you mix me up with eth0s?
I sorted people in my head into "active" and inactive", and was going to vote you, but then I remember "hey, wait, Cantrip had a few posts, right?", and I checked both you and eth0s to confirm I had that right. But then I forgot to change my text in the vote after I double-checked eth0s, because I was thinking along the lines of "wait, no, it's the other guy".

The obvious solution should have been to vote 2ndchosen1 instead of confusing myself, now that I think about it. :P
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:Figured it out. I'm used to 50ppp, refreshed on page 1, saw "post 24", and didn't even think that there might be more pages. lol
In post 75, Meuh wrote:
In post 74, Krazy wrote:Meuh, given your reads list had kazyan as a good vibes townlean, why did you not move your vote after writing the list?
I thought about doing that, but I just felt like it was unnecessary and I didn't wanna give the host more to keep track of, essentially. Switching onto someone else to pressure them is a good idea though, so VOTE:
eth0s
It's been discussed, but in a game of Mafia, saying "I didn't want to make the mod have to track a vote change" feels a bit fake. (I've modded--am in fact currently modding--and I've never once thought "gosh, I wish my players would stop changing their vote; it's so inconvenient".)
Yeah, I'm repeating myself a bit, but I hosted a few games on another website and I found keeping track of votes absolutely
DREADFUL
. :cry: I think my complaining is part of what lead to discussion on how to change the voting system, which they did end up doing. :cool: Fair enough to feel it's fake though, pretty trivial concern looking back on it.
In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:
:shifty: :twisted: :lol:

Also: https://giphy.com/gifs/e9cvCCemn45PmMDSGy can't believe you'd do this to me :evil:
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Krazy »

Meuh, if you do end up modding later, the scrubber I use is this one -- https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75213

It does have one issue with it (you need to edit the word "lynch" which is now outdated on site), I think there's one or two other scrubbers around but I haven't tried them recently.

Anyway, Nexus is clearly* a masochist so I'm sure he actually *wants* you to change votes as much as possible

Spoiler: *
I actually have no idea, but I don't think Nexus cares at all if you change votes so long as you aren't like spamming or changing 7 times in one page or something
vote conspiracy
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 97, Kazyan wrote:
In post 91, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Kazy has only posted seventeen times, and quite a few of them are non-substantive, but the few that are seem to be rather focused on calling people out for things he perceives as scummy. This is probably just a playstyle thing, but it makes me wonder.
You know what, yeah, this is a good take. I have been doing a lot of jabbering and pecking. I'm thinking of casing Krazy, since they've said enough to possibly develop a stronger read on them. Does that sound good to you?
The way you worded that gave me false association vibes, but yeah, that'd be appreciated. It'd give us more to go off of.
Defeating scum with the power of friendship!

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:14 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:@Marci: Why the panic attack at the end of #78? Like...what you communicated sounded fine, but the all caps craziness feels overdone.
i did all caps because i was so worrying about whether i would make it to class on time so it was meant to be seen as a "zoom zoom gtg"
In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:Preview edit: I will lol so hard if this is a Marci/Mueh scumteam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVrPWw ... nKaracalar
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Kazyan »

Summary of Krazy's 26 posts, up to and including #106:

---

9: Offering avatar to Harumi
15: Explaining exaggerations. Townreading me for ???tonal reasons.
16: Avatars.
20: Explaining exaggerations to Cantrip.
24: Explains tonereads to me; wanting to be suspicious of people
27: Townleans everyone except the reluctant posters; votes 2ndchosen1
30: Explains marci townlean; marci's compliment didn't seem to be a pocket attempt
34: Really likes marci
39: Reads are repeated and unchanged except for a Cantrip scumlean
41: Emoji Discussion #1 with IVD
42&43: Townreading Meuh based on tone
47: No longer townleaning IVD because he's "defensinve" about asking about the emoji thing
51: 'Pocketing is my playstyle' kind of claim. Likes meuh.
66: Wants to hold off on posting. Talking about 'Group of 3' scumtell. Confused about Harumi.
69: Emoji Discussion #2: Electric Boogaloo with IVD
74: Suggesting for Mueh to vote seriously
82: Annoyed about 2nd/eth0s. Still confused about Harumi
84: Asking me to vote by PoE; talking about easing up on postcount, talking about associatives.
85: Side discussion
88: Asking Harumi for Marci or Meuh reads and to expand on Kazyan read.
92: Emoji Discussion #3: Revenge of the Sith with IVD
94: Asking about Cantrip's scumread on marci
98: Claims that Meuh and Harumi are not scumbuddies
103: Anti-associative between Kazyan and Cantripmancer; counterarguing about Emoji Discussion #4: IVD and the Goblet of Fire.
106: Side discussion

---

The question is whether any of this makes sense if Krazy is scum. Possible teams:

Krazy/Harumi: I could imagine Krazy trying to coach Haruhi along as a scum partner, given the cajoling about reads.
Krazy/Cantrip: Doesn't seem likely? The vibe is just off for me on that.
Krazy/marci: This would be bold for this much buddying, but I wouldn't rule it out.
Krazy/Meuh: I could believe this. Krazy is curiously preoccupied with Mueh.
Krazy/IVD: I have been burned before, but this doesn't look like a distancing attempt. If Krazy is scum, this seems a lot more like "abort this discussion, because I'm trying to draw suspicion on IVD and it's not working". This would also sort of be a super-soft chainsaw defense of Harumi, maybe?
Krazy/eth0s: Who knows.
Krazy/2ndchosen1: Who knows.

My conclusion based on the above pairings:
If
Krazy is scum, the likely partner is Harumi. Catrip and IVD are unlikely to be scum!Krazy's partner. This is
not
a suggestion that Krazy is scum,
because I still have Krazy as a null overall, which sucks. Most of Krazy's history is hard for me to read with a slight lean towards town, except for post 88. That post just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, because it's asking for two specific reads. It seems odd for town to be preoccupied over just those two instead of the town overall, but, like. I don't know.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 109, Kazyan wrote: My conclusion based on the above pairings:
If
Krazy is scum, the likely partner is Harumi. Catrip and IVD are unlikely to be scum!Krazy's partner. This is
not
a suggestion that Krazy is scum,
because I still have Krazy as a null overall, which sucks. Most of Krazy's history is hard for me to read with a slight lean towards town, except for post 88. That post just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, because it's asking for two specific reads. It seems odd for town to be preoccupied over just those two instead of the town overall, but, like. I don't know.
That was honestly the vibe I was getting as Krazy's most probable partner. Krazy + Harumi as a team is something I could very much see happen. :shifty:

The focus on me and Marci on post 88 may be just due to us being some of the more active players that were omitted, but could be something else. Wouldn't dislike explanation on this from Krazy. :cool:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Kazyan »

Ah, completing the set of active players would make sense, yeah. Such is the limitation of looking at ISOs; you don't see the activity levels around each post. :P
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:49 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 93, Cantripmancer wrote:@ItalianoVD: 2ndchosen1's turn for what?
To post or vote really. Whether it was an OMGUS vote or a vote for someone else. Wanted him to do something. They still haven’t.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:51 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

I figured I’d wait a little longer...until page 5 to give them more time, but Harumi, you still haven’t answered my question. Who specifically were you talking about when you posted your emoji comment?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Krazy »

I'd be okay fakeclaiming masons with kazy and marci
harumi is pretty strong townlean
meuh I think still ultimately flips town but still room for error there
In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote: Townlean on Krazy for the openness of mindset in #51. That "I look forward to looking back on my reads" mentality doesn't feel like it comes naturally from scum.

[edited out]

I feel like RVS can safely be considered to be ended, but I'm going to leave my RVS on Krazy for the time being.

this is a pretty interesting post

first, the pedit comment feels a bit scummy to me

second, I'm trying to decide how I feel about opening the post calling me a townlean and then ending the post saying he's keeping his RVS vote on me

townies can kinda contradict themselves like this, but scum can too, so I'm not sure. I would say if scum, he probably meant to only call the one post "townie" at the start and then forgot he'd said townlean. He does add:
In post 101, Cantripmancer wrote:Not a fan of the "nothing to see here, folks, move along" vibes from this post. There's a LOT of words here to protest the weight of your read.

in the middle of the post, idk, I don't think finding one post townie and then saying you're still voting someone anyway is scummy, I do think it's a little off to call someone a "townlean" for a post and then keep your vote on them anyway.

I'd say I have I have trip at like, 40% scum between PoE and weird vibe at this post

I do think this feels like a serial killer game, in the sense that right now I feel like one of the scum has literally not posted. If Trip is scum it would make sense for him to want to stay on me despite finding pretexts to townlean me if I do happen to be voting his partner right now. I forget what the word for that is called...

I guess it's technically in the like, universe of chainsaw defense, but this isn't really a chainsaw defense since he hasn't implied 2nd is town at all, but it was a thought that crossed my mind that the game currently makes the most sense to me in a world of Cantrip+2nd

To be clear, this is *not* a good example of a chainsaw defense, but I'll link so you know what I'm referring to: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... aw_Defense
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 113, ItalianoVD wrote:I figured I’d wait a little longer...until page 5 to give them more time, but Harumi, you still haven’t answered my question. Who specifically were you talking about when you posted your emoji comment?
She kinda did:
In post 62, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Well there are quite a few posts which have emoticons literally almost every line, which I guess strikes me the wrong way??? I don't know, it's probably just me.

Basically, she didn't mean anyone specifically, afaik -- is this a correct take, Harumi?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 114, Krazy wrote:I'd say I have I have trip at like, 40% scum between PoE and weird vibe at this post

Sorry, this might be unclear. Basically everyone in the game, from my point of view, is 25% scum (2/8), so 40% scum is saying I have him a above rand scum but still not a very strong read. If I'm correct on Marci town and Kazy town then this goes to everyone else going up to 33% scum (2/6) so saying I have Trip at 40% scum means he's still only slightly above a PoE shot for me, but I do think he's veered a bit more toward scum than town for me at this point.
vote conspiracy
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:16 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 115, Krazy wrote:
In post 113, ItalianoVD wrote:I figured I’d wait a little longer...until page 5 to give them more time, but Harumi, you still haven’t answered my question. Who specifically were you talking about when you posted your emoji comment?
She kinda did:
In post 62, Harumi Ayasato wrote:Well there are quite a few posts which have emoticons literally almost every line, which I guess strikes me the wrong way??? I don't know, it's probably just me.

Basically, she didn't mean anyone specifically, afaik -- is this a correct take, Harumi?
Why don’t you let her speak for herself. And kinda did is not answering.
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 117, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 115, Krazy wrote:
She kinda did:

Why don’t you let her speak for herself. And kinda did is not answering.
This wasn't "kind of", it
was
the answer. I was not referring to anyone in particular, I just noticed that multiple people were doing it and commented on it.
Defeating scum with the power of friendship!

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:59 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 118, Harumi Ayasato wrote:This wasn't "kind of", it was the answer. I was not referring to anyone in particular, I just noticed that multiple people were doing it and commented on it.
So then I
was
right in saying you thought all of us using emojis were insincere. In and of itself, it wasn’t that serious. I simply asked a question and expected a simple answer. If the question was just answered in a simple way instead of the vague way you did, I don’t think it would have been as drawn out as it was. Kraft getting involved didn’t help either. So I don’t know if you are purposely being vague/difficult or you are just scum and don’t wanna open up. Either way it doesn’t help me sort your slot, so until I feel better about you...
VOTE: Harumi Ayasato
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Krazy »

12 hours until prods and then 24 hours to replace after that? Really disappointing way to start this game but unfortunately it can happen, I know eth0s has some irl stuff going on and idk what's up with 2nd at this point

Kazyan I guess you and 2nd both had played a mini normal before coming back to newbie queue, did you join together or was there someone from that game that had invited both of you or was that just a coincidence?

I kinda don't know how to solve this game with two slots MIA tbh, I could spend some time just vibing or talking about anime or something but I think there might be a rule about excessive off topic conversation.

I don't really scumread Trip enough to really want to vote there quite yet (before solving nulls), and given it's newbie queue it'd be poor form probably to flip 2nd without a replace/claim. (Out of eth0s/2nd, I would flip 2nd first in a world where we did flip a 'no content' slot, take that associative/anti associative for what it is if you want or ignore it)

I do think Italiano/Harumi is T/T atm but I don't mind seeing where it goes either.

Sadly waiting for prod/replace is literally "the boring option" which is sad because I was vibing this game yesterday really hard
vote conspiracy
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Kazyan »

Regarding me and 2ndchosen1: Hayker told us to join the Mini Normal, and we reconvened after the game off-site. We both wanted to join another game eventually, so we entered the newbie queue at different times, and got bunched into the same game.

Italiano/Harumi looked TvT to me at first, too, but now I'm not sure.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 120, Krazy wrote:I kinda don't know how to solve this game with two slots MIA tbh, I could spend some time just vibing or talking about anime or something but I think there might be a rule about excessive off topic conversation.
I dont think its a good idea to just sit around ^.^ scum will have an easier time the longer we wait.

Harumi
im kinda not vibing with, but thats probably because their reads seem so noncommittal to me.
Spoiler:
im sorry if this seems mean i dont wanna seem mean

what i mean is,
This is because a quick skim of Harumis messages i seemed to have skimmed over their reads (their reads dont rlly stand out as
reads
), but when i looked and saw i saw reads in that post. Looking at the reads, it seems like "krazy seems town
buuuut maybe..
" "italiano seems town
buuut maybe..
" and "kazyan might be town
but maybe
" (that is what i mean by noncommittal.. they seem so unconfident with those reads. To me, it gave the impression they dont really want any backlash?

Kazyan
I had a strong temptation to read as scummy, but thinking about it deeper, I really don't see anything wrong
yet
other than the lack of reads. When I looked into their posts, I didn't see anything really interesting. This stands out as scummy to me, because I feel like town would wanna work with a mindset of "I wanna catch scum! Let me try to generate something!!" But instead, they have no reads... which will really hinder town moving forward.
I think its a neutral read right now, until I see more. But depending on when and what they do :eek: :eek: my eyes on u..

Krazy
keeps biasing me like crazy, so like im kinda swayed cause i love being town in other peoples eyes.. :good: :good: but so then, I really really wanna be cautious with them then. IDK but they also give the vibes that they could give up easily
Spoiler:
once again, im sorry if this is mean. i dont wanna be mean.. :cry:

But they contribute alot, so I think... aaaaaah :cool: I gotta be super cautious about them, but i
don't think they're super scummy
as of right now.

Meuh
tomorrow morning (or like whenever u see this, but i think ur sleeping LOL), can you plz tell us if any of ur reads have changed at all :oops:
I won't lie... I don't think Meuh's the towniest ever... but I feel bad because I keep attacking them > anyone else (to me it feels like im just tunneling). (i've already mentioned why, but they kinda slightly defend italiano, and only changed their vote when challenged) is what makes me seem
scum
, or neutral at best.

I would be most confident in a Harumi vote, but I don't wanna put them too close to elimination (and im not sure how many votes they have, or what counts as elimination). I saw one vote, so I think that will be fine for now.
So I think my next best vote after that would be VOTE: kazyan as a pressure vote for more content.. :oops: :oops: (I picked kazyan > meuh, because meuh at least has given us some spicy content to judge from. vs kazyan who prob just needs more motivation to get their head into the game.)
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Krazy »

Marci I don't think you could be mean if you tried

It's 5 to lim and harumi has two votes on her with italiano's so your vote would be three, or 'f-2' which is fine for pressure, f1 might be early but f2 would tie it with ethos
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 72, Kazyan wrote:The emoticon debate feels very TvT.
Can you be more specific on which people you thought were town in the emoticon debate (italiano and harumi or?)

I did think kazy had reads, although not in list form it's a bit harder to track them. Still that's ok for me so long as they're clear enough
vote conspiracy