eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by eth0s »

The current state of discussion isn't really one that I feel engaged in or able to form reads from. Maybe it's due to returning from a break away from mafia but there's nothing right now I feel I can dissect. I'd say I still have more of feelings, less of reads. I expect once things get more cross-examiney and dissecting motive and reason, I think there will be more for me to contribute on. For now I think my gutread on Kazyan and experiences with past people of similar D1 vote behavior is the best action to vote on.

p-edit:
In post 149, Krazy wrote:You doing okay eth0s?
Yep I'm good! Whoever brought up me having stuff goin on IRL was actually mistaken. Wasn't gonna say anything about it but since you asked, I assume they read a post from almost a year ago when I last played on site. I tweaked some medicine dosage recently so I'm a bit wonky and my sleep schedule is rekt so my hours are super weird right now but I'm doing well aside from that.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:45 pm

Post by eth0s »

It's like... Right now you all are playing a game revolving around why things are a way, or what way do people think about xyz and it's significance to reading someone, while I am showing up wanting to play a game about why is this person projecting this viewpoint and not backing it up with action or seemingly contradicting it.

If that makes sense.

I don't have much success reading people on like beliefs or theory or emoticon usage or whatnot.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Krazy »

Whaaaat? You don't read people for :cool: :cool: :cool: emoticon usage? :P

Really though can you expand on this kazyan guttake? Is this from a game in the past and what's pinging you here?
vote conspiracy
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by eth0s »

With that being said there isn't a lot for me to go off of besides Kazyan and Meuh, unless there's something I missed when I stopped paying attention to the finer details.

Kazyan's actions are more concerning to me and bullet to my head that's the person I find scummiest. But I'd be lying if I said part of me doesn't also want to vote Meuh. But that's second to Kazyan. If they were more equal I would still probably pick Kazyan to avoid the omgus type explosion stuff that can happen. I want to feel stronger reads before I elaborate too much more tho.

p-edit:
In post 152, Krazy wrote:Whaaaat? You don't read people for :cool: :cool: :cool: emoticon usage? :P

Really though can you expand on this kazyan guttake? Is this from a game in the past and what's pinging you here?
I don't think I have prior games played with anyone on this roster? Not 100%. Really it's just the mismatch of "oh it looks like votes are serious, I should mention that and unvote so no one questions my seriousness" paired with not using that voting power at all. A vote is a powerful tool and it always has the
potential
to do something. I don't think anyone expected them to have a super accurate scumread vote, nor do I think anyone expected that their vote not be placed lightly so early into D1. It felt like a play for appearances.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by eth0s »

Wait I'm stupid Kazyan is voting me so it is omgus. Or could be called that I guess. Meh, whatever.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by eth0s »

I'm doing a really good job here. Go me. :D
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by eth0s »

Lets say for fun, bullet to my head. I gotta vote for someone that isn't / hasn't voted me.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by eth0s »

Italiano I guess? Idk
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by eth0s »

Don't ask me why
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 77, Kazyan wrote:It looks like we're sliding towards more serious voting now. In that case, UNVOTE: .
In post 87, Kazyan wrote:
In post 84, Krazy wrote:@kazy -- why not vote your poe?
Huh? I don't have enough reads to use PoE yet. Honestly, I'm kinda waiting for one of those big arguments that pull lots of people in.

VOTE: Cantripmancer. This is a policy vote. C'mon, do something.
In post 90, Kazyan wrote:Wait, dangit, I got you mixed up with a different person. Ack.

UNVOTE: Cantripmancer

VOTE: eth0s

C'mon, do something.
I agree that these posts are superficially scummy and I don't mind you sorting there even tho I think kazy is town.

Do you have a take on 2nd from the last page?
vote conspiracy
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 159, Krazy wrote:
In post 77, Kazyan wrote:It looks like we're sliding towards more serious voting now. In that case, UNVOTE: .
In post 87, Kazyan wrote:
In post 84, Krazy wrote:@kazy -- why not vote your poe?
Huh? I don't have enough reads to use PoE yet. Honestly, I'm kinda waiting for one of those big arguments that pull lots of people in.

VOTE: Cantripmancer. This is a policy vote. C'mon, do something.
In post 90, Kazyan wrote:Wait, dangit, I got you mixed up with a different person. Ack.

UNVOTE: Cantripmancer

VOTE: eth0s

C'mon, do something.
(1.) I agree that these posts are superficially scummy
and I don't mind you sorting there even tho I think kazy is town.

(2.) Do you have a take on 2nd from the last page?
1. I don't think or [p]90[/p] are scummy. Superficially or otherwise.

2. Can you rephrase this question? I don't understand :P
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by Krazy »

Like do you have a read on 2nd?
vote conspiracy
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by eth0s »

Oh, the player named 2nd. Like I said it's much closer to feelings than reads for me right now. I like the way 2nd talks and the structure of their analyses. I think that biases me to feeling good about them. I feel based off of what little they have said they are capable of playing a convincing scum game.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by eth0s »

Krazy your demeanor reminds me of how I often play scum
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by eth0s »

Is it normal for you to kind of lead discussion as town? As both SE or in a non-newbie game?

and do you typically (what I see as) overstate your own thought process and intentions?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by eth0s »

I don't mean it as an insult I just feel weird about certain aspects of your play in a vacuum.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Krazy »

Ok.

I have 4 reads I need to update tomorrow. I am going to try to not post for 12 hours because I am probably dominating too much convo.

(expired on 2021-02-12 16:12:40)

Pedit: howso? And also probably thank you even though I disagree that's how you play scum (he says not knowing what you even meant lmao)

Pedit2: very much so, I am more overpowering here because there are fewer posts, that's why I have to like force myself to stop sometimes.

I don't usually explain my thoughts this much, but a lot of my jokes can be offputting to newbies. I actually held off seing for almost a year because I had 2 rather unfortunate games with very bad vibes

Ok that timer goes into effect now
vote conspiracy
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Post by eth0s »

@Kazyan

If you were scum in this game and felt at a certain point (in this case, around post ) that votes were and should be used more seriously, where would you place your vote and why? Would you unvote without voting for another player at the same time, or would you have considered that someone might think that looks bad?
Harumi Ayasato
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Harumi Ayasato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 am

Post by Harumi Ayasato »

In post 119, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 118, Harumi Ayasato wrote:This wasn't "kind of", it was the answer. I was not referring to anyone in particular, I just noticed that multiple people were doing it and commented on it.
So then I
was
right in saying you thought all of us using emojis were insincere. In and of itself, it wasn’t that serious. I simply asked a question and expected a simple answer. If the question was just answered in a simple way instead of the vague way you did, I don’t think it would have been as drawn out as it was. Kraft getting involved didn’t help either. So I don’t know if you are purposely being vague/difficult or you are just scum and don’t wanna open up. Either way it doesn’t help me sort your slot, so until I feel better about you...
VOTE: Harumi Ayasato
I'm pretty sure this was a miscommunication. Maybe the other players can vouch for the clarity of my response on this one?
In post 122, marcistar wrote:
Harumi
im kinda not vibing with, but thats probably because their reads seem so noncommittal to me.
Spoiler:
im sorry if this seems mean i dont wanna seem mean

what i mean is,
This is because a quick skim of Harumis messages i seemed to have skimmed over their reads (their reads dont rlly stand out as
reads
), but when i looked and saw i saw reads in that post. Looking at the reads, it seems like "krazy seems town
buuuut maybe..
" "italiano seems town
buuut maybe..
" and "kazyan might be town
but maybe
" (that is what i mean by noncommittal.. they seem so unconfident with those reads. To me, it gave the impression they dont really want any backlash?
This is probably just me instinctively hedging, since I'm usually not willing to present something as an absolute truth unless I know for sure it is.
Defeating scum with the power of friendship!

Not Tarhalindur, though I do think he's a cool person. If Tarhalindur happens to see this, sorry for using your name everywhere else.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:58 am

Post by eth0s »

Harumi you have no interest in anything I said? At least an elaboration on why I'm still a good vote or some kind of interaction would be nice if you are still wanting to vote me.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Kazyan »

In post 167, eth0s wrote:
@Kazyan

If you were scum in this game and felt at a certain point (in this case, around post ) that votes were and should be used more seriously, where would you place your vote and why? Would you unvote without voting for another player at the same time, or would you have considered that someone might think that looks bad?
I've never played scum in forum Mafia, so I can't tell you for sure. I think I would have just kept my mouth shut about that and instead asked my hypothetical scumbuddy how to proceed, now that votes matter. If they cajoled me to change my vote, I would have moved my vote to Harumi to try to stoke the suspicions about her. But really, the best move would have been to
remain
parked on IVD, hoping that the emoticon argument would prevent him from making friends, and only changing it later if people didn't start scumleaning IVD--which they did.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:31 am

Post by marcistar »

Ethos seems okay but seem a bit weird. I can't tell why I feel like that, but it seems to give different vibes from the rest of his stuff so far today. He was trying to talk and poke into things which is good...
Maybe its because hes focusing so much on not omgus voting/not voting somebody who has been on him before that it seems weird.. I don't know why a townie would hold off from voting somebody they truly find scummy.. but it seems like hes keeping that in the back of his mind? Idk what you have to worry about bro :roll:.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 am

Post by Meuh »

Will read pages 6 and 7 + make a new post later, currently busy getting educated :cool:
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Kazyan »

Reads update: 2ndchosen1 moves up to a full-on townread for me now. He has come out of the gate in gamesolve mode, which looks very different to his scumgame last time.

I'm not sure what to think about eth0s. His posts fit with a pattern of "breaking up the townbloc" and adding to the Meuh dogpile, but that seems okay for now.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:09 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 171, marcistar wrote:Ethos seems okay but seem a bit weird. I can't tell why I feel like that, but it seems to give different vibes from the rest of his stuff so far today. He was trying to talk and poke into things which is good...
Maybe its because hes focusing so much on not omgus voting/not voting somebody who has been on him before that it seems weird.. I don't know why a townie would hold off from voting somebody they truly find scummy.. but it seems like hes keeping that in the back of his mind? Idk what you have to worry about bro :roll:.
I generally try to avoid voting omgus on D1 especially in newbies since it tends to get me mislynched or incorrectly scumread. My purpose in talking about it was simply to bring attention to the fact that I am conscious of it. If you think it's scummy or anti-town that's fine. I just challenge you to ask yourself what scum!me has to gain by putting it out there in the first place past wifom.