2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

holy hell, if it wasn't for other stuff I'd almost take the hyperposting as obfuscation of posts as boy does it make me want to just skip pages, ty again to alisae for the ppp URL stuff

@cantrip
"@2ndChosen: Talk to me about your first game. What did you think? What was it like? Etc."
the general strategy that I am proud to be the one to have implemented was a kind of chaos strat. We had an IC that was giving ok reads at best but even when he had some scum we left him alive. this caused a doubt in his reads as repeatedly town kept coming up and we killed any town that might have been a stabilizing influence to the game. It spiraled into enough pressure that he ultimately made nothing but iffy calls at best while the rest of town sheeped the IC. I mentioned in an earlier post to meuh a few things about it like me giving some IIOA lists that I hid behind and that I had played the "Am new here, am smooth brained, plz disregard" card. of course, unlike meuh I did those on D2 and D3, when such things should be more severe. but luckily by D3 the pressure on IC was pretty much overloaded. Was a fun game, and we did manage to keep IC to the end.
looking back a lot of things fell into place a lot better than it should have, D1 eliminated all non-Vigi power roles of a JOAT and Bp townie.

so....how does me talking about this help with the current game? wouldn't it be better to get my meta/impression of the game from the actual topic?

@meuh
In post 458, Meuh wrote: These are Harumi and 2nd's only mentions of each other (and 2nd doesn't even directly mention Harumi) AFAIK. I wouldn't really be surprised of them as a duo? 2 newbies who null each other, have yet to actually interact and generally haven't said much about the other despite both being some of the people most pushed, while both pushing for me as a counterpush, I would see this as a potential scum duo. Could you explain the reasoning behind that statement? I didn't understand it, and after looking into it, I came out thinking they're actually a very real possibility.
is there any reason that harumi/2nd combo is more scummy for non-interaction more than Ethos(ali)/2nd, Cantrip/2nd, IVD/2nd
I've not really had strong interaction with any of them.

Pedit:
In post 546, Meuh wrote:
In post 544, Alisae wrote:{Kazyan, Meuh, Chosen, and Harumi} all flipping town means I have no idea what is going in this game.
Well I know one of them are town so you never know :wink:
I'd wager at least 2 are, actually.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

ali, why isn't the ppp thing an option? it's so nice
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

chosen who do you think is town and who do you think is scum and why?

pedit: idunno. It's a site trick that Kison posted about in MD.
Discord: Alisae#8552
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

There's another cool trick as well.
If you go to the bottom of quick reply and see "Display posts by user" it should say all users but you can click on that to select a player, then click the + button to select another player like this (it only goes up to 3 accounts)
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

GTKAS
| here.
2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

oooo I've only seen the single person ISO, tyvm again.

also before I answer that, Why do you prefer being my hammer over my E-1?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Alisae »

because I want to be the person to decide if you die or not since I'm conflicted about things.
I think some of your posts could be things that a villager could write but I'm honestly not sure, so I want to give a chance for you to be more transparent and I also want to see the other player's response to your response.
GTKAS
| here.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 548, Alisae wrote:
In post 546, Meuh wrote:
In post 544, Alisae wrote:{Kazyan, Meuh, Chosen, and Harumi} all flipping town means I have no idea what is going in this game.
I mean yes there has to be ATLEAST 3 town in those group of players, that's just math.
I thought there were 2 mafia members in this game? Regardless of that, knowing 100% that I am personally town does make the likelihood of none of us flipping scum more likely (although I think there's at least a maf member in the group too) :cool:
In post 550, 2ndchosen1 wrote:
@meuh
In post 458, Meuh wrote: These are Harumi and 2nd's only mentions of each other (and 2nd doesn't even directly mention Harumi) AFAIK. I wouldn't really be surprised of them as a duo? 2 newbies who null each other, have yet to actually interact and generally haven't said much about the other despite both being some of the people most pushed, while both pushing for me as a counterpush, I would see this as a potential scum duo. Could you explain the reasoning behind that statement? I didn't understand it, and after looking into it, I came out thinking they're actually a very real possibility.
is there any reason that harumi/2nd combo is more scummy for non-interaction more than Ethos(ali)/2nd, Cantrip/2nd, IVD/2nd
I've not really had strong interaction with any of them.

Pedit:
In post 546, Meuh wrote:
I'd wager at least 2 are, actually.
Well first off, the reason I singled out Harumi with you is because Ali said e didn't believe 2nd and Harumi were of the same alignment. I countered it saying that it was actually not particularly unlikely.
@Alisae still would like an explanation on why you believed that in the first place? You may have explained it earlier but I don't remember that happening.

From reading IVD's posts, I would say you and him is significantly less likely than the other 3, although you and Ali or you and Cantrip isn't particularly unlikely afaik.

Also my point in that post was that I knew one of the people, specifically, in the group is town, making the group go from 4 potential mafs to 3 potential mafs from my perspective. :cool:
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 463, Alisae wrote:
In post 458, Meuh wrote:Why wouldn't Harumi/2nd be scum/scum?
well given that krazy said harumi was positioning themself to vote chosen I thought i wasn't svs but apparently I'm wrong and they're not at all interested in that or I'm just giving it too much credit?
GTKAS
| here.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 558, Alisae wrote:
In post 463, Alisae wrote:
In post 458, Meuh wrote:Why wouldn't Harumi/2nd be scum/scum?
well given that krazy said harumi was positioning themself to vote chosen I thought i wasn't svs but apparently I'm wrong and they're not at all interested in that or I'm just giving it too much credit?
Thanks! I wouldn't really think someone simply considering to vote on the biggest push in the game makes them unlikely to be partners with them, especially since it's one of their only mentions of that player. I'd honestly consider Harumi's take on 2nd to be potentially even more likely to happen as their maf partner than as town, considering outright saying they don't like the push could be something that looks pretty scummy down the line, especially with the likelihood of 2nd getting elimed today. Harumi could be taking a "best of both worlds" approach, where they simultaneously can say they generally supported the push if they do get elimed and putting their vote somewhere else, which could derail the wagon and save 2nd.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

okay then its possible I'm giving them too much credit
GTKAS
| here.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

@Cantrip: still casing me?

2ndchosen1
2ndchosen1
Goon
2ndchosen1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by 2ndchosen1 »

when is D1 end?
I'll give a small list
Alisae, I'd Townread you for the info alone. Moreso the move with the hammer and E-1, I don't think scum would be ballsy enough to do that D1. it screams town at me.
IVD, townlean, sparse posts but is sharp on what comes out. voting presence feels weak because of it though,
Krazy, townlean, I thought it was opportunistic to jump on a latecomer, I do see good things from her in terms of content
Cantrip, townlean, it's near the end of D1, I've mostly seen delay but I can't criticize on this point. the walls are nice and I like that he puts in the quotes, it makes me think in the future he wants his post understood easily in iso
Meuh, null, tbf fair to kazyan she has actually done stuff I did as scum, but it's D1 and I wouldn't consider that a severe D1 problem.
Kazyan, scumlean, I like his statements where he describes how he's reasoning, but I can't help but think he's picked out someone who exhibits signs I showed in last game. Almost courting my vote by meta, I don't like it.
Marci, scumlean, I've been unable to parse whether her defense on me has been about pocketing me, but it has gone on far longer than I thought it would honestly. I don't really see it as earning towncred on a flip as that'd be the first thing most would ask.
Harumi, scumlean, same issue of being a non-entity in terms of only a vote presence. I'm behind her by 3 posts

Pedit:
I'm like half falling asleep and stared at the cookie monster gif way to long, so that's all I can give right now, night
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 562, 2ndchosen1 wrote:I'd Townread you for the info alone.
uuuuuuuh
I'd probably give advice out as well if I was scum tbh.
believe it or not i would actually like to see newbies stick around because most of the time they don't its really sadge
GTKAS
| here.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 562, 2ndchosen1 wrote:when is D1 end?
In post 5, Nexus wrote:
Everyone has confirmed. With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 will end 10 days from now, at 11am GMT on the 20th February 2021 - (expired on 2021-02-20 11:00:00)
Good night!
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 562, 2ndchosen1 wrote:Marci, scumlean, I've been unable to parse whether her defense on me has been about pocketing me, but it has gone on far longer than I thought it would honestly. I don't really see it as earning towncred on a flip as that'd be the first thing most would ask.
1. my intention isnt to pocket you
2. i dont mind if it doesnt earn me town cred.

:oops: :oops: i just want you to have a chance
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

Marci, what do you think about 2ndchosen
GTKAS
| here.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 562, 2ndchosen1 wrote:I'm like half falling asleep and stared at the cookie monster gif way to long, so that's all I can give right now, night
Lol, you’re welcome.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

Italiano what reads do you have as well?
GTKAS
| here.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 568, Alisae wrote:Italiano what reads do you have as well?
The bottom of , , and are my current reads. Although kazyan’s pinged me.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

your reads haven't changed within 300+ posts?
GTKAS
| here.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 570, Alisae wrote:your reads haven't changed within 300+ posts?
Uh uh.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Is this ai for you?
Cantripmancer
Cantripmancer
Townie
Cantripmancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by Cantripmancer »

On IVD:

, contrary to Alisae's perspective, is the kind of post that raises my hackles because it sounds like trying to pre-emptively explain behavior that IVD feels needs to be explained.

has some "these are not the droids" vibes that I don't like, but the second half feels like true indignation.

the bulldogging onto what feels like a minor point (the emoji use accusation) is the kind of minutae that I used to obsess about all the time as town (and always felt like it was never productive enough to bother with when I was scum). +town

Also like the frustration in .

votes Harumi with a sorta meh "don't know why you're acting the way you are but either way it's not helpful so vote you" meander, but that follows where you'd been focusing. Could be scummy, but isn't a red flag.

I already mentioned that I sorta liked the way you responded to my naked vote, but didn't like that you seemed to be more focused on it than your casual inquiry let on. I had a bit of mindmeld on your comment on eth0s's 67, as I thought similar things.

I've already talked about this a little; still don't like the opening, but then I can agree with half the points on Chosen. Votes Chosen.

I sorta like 's agreement with Kazyan's findings on Meuh paired with the retraction in . Feels like you're acknowledging a point but then weighing it against your Meuh observations from the rest of the game. I think mafia would be much more likely to either jump on the Meuh push or leave it more ambiguous. This isn't as strong a read if Meuh flips scum, I guess, but otherwise this feels town.

Mindset behind still doesn't make sense to me, but without some flips in Marci/Chosen, I don't know that it's nefarious.

@IVD:

Can you rephrase what you were getting at in ?

You never answered my question about : Are you familiar with Too Scummy to Be Scum (or Too Wolfy to Be Wolf)?

In [post]347[/url] you said you were going to go back and try to show me what you meant on Chosen/Krazy; did you do that/can you if you didn't?

Summary: Meh, this was much more a mixed bag of things I liked and disliked than I remembered. Not necessarily a townlean, but not my primary anymore.

UNVOTE: ItalianoVD

I see that there are a few more pages that I need to catch up on now, but I also want to take another look at Marci + Harumi. Anyone who thinks they see unalignments between those two: I'd appreciate you highlighting your reasons.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by Krazy »

I feel like it'd be atypical for one newbie scum to spend all of day 1 just kinda voteparking her buddy, I guess it's possible but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice for a pairing

glad to see you Trip, interested to see where you want to go after moving off Italiano.
vote conspiracy